Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,903 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

How To Get Settled In Abidjan - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Get Settled In Abidjan (11533 Views)

How To Get Settled In Abidjan / ''We Love Nigeria!" Afro-Americans Happily Settled In Nigeria - Vids / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2022
[b][/b]Most people coming to Abidjan, Ivory Coast find it very difficult settling into the country. Issues of traveling, accommodation and business come into play.
I reside in Abidjan, so ask me anything from transportation, housing, business and the life generally here.
Please no insults and unnecessary arguments here. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by portplus: 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2022
Donfanuchi1:
[b][/b]Most people coming to Abidjan, Ivory Coast find it very difficult settling into the country. Issues of traveling, accommodation and business come into play.
I reside in Abidjan, so ask me anything from transportation, housing, business and the life generally here.

1. what businesses can a new settler start easily?
2. What neighbours or region is affordable in terms of cost of living?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Evidenx(m): 3:23pm On Sep 12, 2022
Donfanuchi1:
How are the people? Are they friendly to Nigerians or hostile to us??
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 5:39pm On Sep 12, 2022
portplus:

1. what businesses can a new settler start easily?
2. What neighbours or region is affordable in terms of cost of living?
I will answer your questions one after the other:
1. There are lots of viable businesses to do. The easiest ones are:
A. Restaurant business
B. Transportation.
C. Clothing business.
D. Agriculture.
Other good businesses also abound. The critical factor is finance. The level of cash you have, your business sense, coupled with your determination to excel is key.

2. Accommodation in Ivory Coast is relative to your funds and taste. Areas that are easily accessible accommodation wise are; Abobo, Port Bouet, youpougon, Ajouffou, Gonzac and others. In these areas the lowest self contain is 25k cfa to 45k cfa per month. So you can see that housing in Abidjan is relative.
It is from each according to his cash and taste, and to each relative accommodation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2022
Evidenx:
If you mind your business, the people are cool and helpful. Like every country under heaven, everyone hastes those that constitute nuisance. So the people are very nice. It is not like Ghana and Tanzania where the hatred is glaring.
Since I came here I have not experienced such. Just put effort in learning the language and integrate properly. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Evidenx(m): 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

If you mind your business, the people are cool and helpful. Like every country under heaven, everyone hastes those that constitute nuisance. So the people are very nice. It is not like Ghana and Tanzania where the hatred is glaring.
Since I came here I have not experienced such. Just put effort in learning the language and integrate properly. Good luck.
Thank you so much.

But like how much will it cost me in naira to relocate and settle in Abidjan?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2022
Generally speaking, everybody needs a peaceful and enabling environment to excel. Here there is a blanket security. Since I came here I have not heard a gunshot or heard of rampant armed robbery. As long as you follow peace with all men, you are good to go.
Food is very cheap. With 1000cfa you can manage for a day. If you can buy gas and start cooking, it's even better.
The downside is the language barrier. Once you start learning the language the locals are willing to even help you learn. Merci.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2022
Evidenx:
Thank you so much.

But like how much will it cost me in naira to relocate and settle in Abidjan?
From my experience 700k to 3m can help you settle well. This also depends on whether you have somebody on ground to help you get accommodation a week after you arrive. Whether you have a place to stay for a week or 2 before you get accommodation. Hotel is very expensive. So if you get a place where you can just pay 20k cfa for 2 weeks while the accommodation issue is being sorted out better.
The mistake many people do is to go and get accommodation in high brow areas thereby depleting cash you would have used to start something tangible. Anybody that can survive Nigeria at this critical period can easily make it here. I hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by silibaba: 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
Merci (thank you)
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Evidenx(m): 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

From my experience 700k to 3m can help you settle well. This also depends on whether you have somebody on ground to help you get accommodation a week after you arrive. Whether you have a place to stay for a week or 2 before you get accommodation. Hotel is very expensive. So if you get a place where you can just pay 20k cfa for 2 weeks while the accommodation issue is being sorted out better.
The mistake many people do is to go and get accommodation in high brow areas thereby depleting cash you would have used to start something tangible. Anybody that can survive Nigeria at this critical period can easily make it here. I hope this helps.
Thanks man,it helps alot.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
Your journey to success in Abidjan starts from the very day you arrive. If you get carried away by the partying, the immense enjoyment, the big bumbum you see and the French styled joints everywhere is a hug temptation. If you can avoid such in the early days and just focus, it means you have already gotten 15% of your goal right.
However, I encourage you to mix with the locals, learn the language and explore smartly. Drop your comments and reviews nairalanders. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by odinga1of: 11:25pm On Sep 13, 2022
How fast is internet connection and cost of subscription?

Cos I am Tech Guy.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 12:48am On Sep 14, 2022
Evidenx:
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 6:18am On Sep 14, 2022
odinga1of:

How fast is internet connection and cost of subscription?

Cos I am Tech Guy.
Internet connection is fast and affordable. As a tech guy aside the internet, you need 24 hours power supply which Abidjan can offer. So the advantage is immense doing your line of business. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 9:33am On Sep 14, 2022
Pictures of Abidjan:.....

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Warmaterial(m): 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2022
E no dey easy for Ezekiel...
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by portplus: 3:14pm On Sep 14, 2022
Donfanuchi1:
I will answer you questions one after the other:
1. There are lots of viable businesses to do. The easiest ones are:
A. Restaurant business
B. Transportation.
C. Clothing business.
D. Agriculture.
Other good businesses also abound. The critical factor is finance. The level of cash you have, your business sense, coupled with your determination to excel is key.

2. Accommodation in Ivory Coast is relative to your funds and taste. Areas that are easily accessible accommodation wise are; Abobo, Port Bouet, youpougon, Ajouffou, Gonzac and others. In these areas the lowest self contain is 25k cfa to 45k cfa per month. So you can see that housing in Abidjan is relative.
It is from each according to his cash and taste, and to each relative accommodation.

Thanks!
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Munachimso30(m): 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2022
Can we talk please, i have been in Abidjan for like three months now, staying with a friend thou but the business you are talking about is a little complicated here, can you help me with a tangible advice, I really want to start something very good but am confused on the kind of business i will go into, tried clothing but those guys on the street don’t even allow you sale lol, someone can’t wake up and start going to adjame just like that, shop rent for that side na mad
And language is another matter here, anyway am learning so fast but guy believe me it’s not easy as we think before coming
Can I have your number maybe you can help me out not for money ooh
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Munachimso30(m): 9:18pm On Sep 14, 2022
I wanted to ask for help here then I came across this trend, have already planning to move to Gambia since we don’t have issue with language there and it’s a bit close already but I gave it a thought since am here already lemme ask maybe Someone can help, I really like this country but……
I don’t know if it’s because of the guy that brought me here( just like they say,”you only know where you stopped”) He’s hustling on the street but I don’t really want that, how long can I be on the street, am not getting young anymore, I need advice on the kind of business someone can get into at least to manage
Your sincere advice is needed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 10:23pm On Sep 14, 2022
Today, i will be focusing on one of the simplest businesses you can do in Abidjan ; the Okrika business. 70% of ivioriens ware Okrika. The business is quite lucrative. 2 weeks training by understudying a trader in this line of business is the skill you need. 50k Cfa is a huge capital in starting the business.
Areas that are more lucrative are:
A. Female clothing
B. Male shorts
C. Female and male unisex shirts
D. Jug jeans and hooded shirts
E. Underwares.
There are other aspects of the business which you learn through experience. I hope this helps. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2022
Munachimso30:
Can we talk please, i have been in Abidjan for like three months now, staying with a friend thou but the business you are talking about is a little complicated here, can you help me with a tangible advice, I really want to start something very good but am confused on the kind of business i will go into, tried clothing but those guys on the street don’t even allow you sale lol, someone can’t wake up and start going to adjame just like that, shop rent for that side na mad
And language is another matter here, anyway am learning so fast but guy believe me it’s not easy as we think before coming
Can I have your number maybe you can help me out not for money ooh

So sorry about that, you see Abidjan is a good place to do business. Sometimes you need first hand information to excel in another man's land. I really would love you to ask your questions on this forum. It is okay. You can drop your WhatsApp number. I will advise you to the best of my knowledge. The money you would have used to go to Gambia can help you startup something here. Shalom.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by roughdiamond(m): 10:36pm On Sep 14, 2022
Munachimso30:
I wanted to ask for help here then I came across this trend, have already planning to move to Gambia since we don’t have issue with language there and it’s a bit close already but I gave it a thought since am here already lemme ask maybe Someone can help, I really like this country but……
I don’t know if it’s because of the guy that brought me here( just like they say,”you only know where you stopped”) He’s hustling on the street but I don’t really want that, how long can I be on the street, am not getting young anymore, I need advice on the kind of business someone can get into at least to manage
Your sincere advice is needed
If you don't have up to 5 million, I will advise you hustle with that your guy on the street for the main time. There's a high scarcity of shops currently and new shops are no go area. Caution ranges from 5 million to 50 million( It's not what a newbie can afford) forget about those big big businesses you see. Most of them got the shops many years ago.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2022
@munachimso, in addition to what @roughdiamond has said, I would advise you not to despair. These is just 3 months for you in the country. You will excel. Just hold tight to the fund you have now. The rigorous aspect of starting life in another country is scarcity of information. Now you are getting it. Remember, Gambia is another ball game entirely.
Take a deep breath, and see the positives. You will be fine. Thank God you said you love the country. Get an App called Wordbit and start learning French. Rome was not build in a day remember. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Ertugrul: 5:53am On Sep 15, 2022
Very nice thread, baba ride on

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Munachimso30(m): 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

So sorry about that, you see Abidjan is a good place to do business. Sometimes you need first hand information to excel in another man's land. I really would love you to ask your questions on this forum. It is okay. You can drop your WhatsApp number. I will advice you to the best of my knowledge. The money you would have used to go to Gambia can help you startup something here. Shalom.

Thanks for your response, if I may ask, what type of business can someone start with 3m here in Abidjan
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Munachimso30(m): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
Donfanuchi1:
@munachimso, in addition to what @roughdiamond has said, I would advise you not to despair. These is just 3 months for you in the country. You will excel. Just hold tight to the fund you have now. The rigorous aspect of starting life in another country is scarcity of information. Now you are getting it. Remember, Gambia is another ball game entirely.
Take a deep breath, and see the positives. You will be fine. Thank God you said you love the country. Get an App called Wordbit and start learning French. Rome was not build in a day remember. Shalom!

A very nice one bro, thanks
I actually love the country, language isn’t much problem for me but really wanna start something good
I think am in a haste lol, I wouldn’t have bothered looking for something now, since am new here.
Lemme keep eyes on ground, I believe I will find something good, but your advice are needed guys
Thanks everyone

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Munachimso30(m): 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
Donfanuchi1:
Today, i will be focusing on one of the simplest businesses you can do in Abidjan ; the Okrika business. 70% of ivioriens ware Okrika. The business is quite lucrative. 2 weeks training by understudying a trader in this line of business is the skill you need. 50k Cfa is a huge capital in starting the business.
Areas that are more lucrative are:
A. Female clothing
B. Male shorts
C. Female and male unisex shirts
D. Jug jeans and hooded shirts
E. Underwares.
There are other aspects of the business which you learn through experience. I hope this helps. Shalom!

Hmmm
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 9:59am On Sep 16, 2022
Good morning. I will be talking about the best way to cut cost in Abidjan as a new person in town. 4 of the easiest ways to drain your funds are:
A. Eating out: It will surprise you if you calculate what you spend eating out daily. Before you know what you are doing your funds will be depleting fast. My advice is, get a small gas cylinder for 16 to 17k Cfa. Go to the market and get food stuff. 25k foodstuff will be enough for you for a month. All this comes to play when you have gotten your accommodation.
People complaining about not having nigerian food in the country is not true. When you go to the markets you will see that all you seek is there. comments are welcome. I will be talking about the rest as we proceed. Shalom!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 10:03am On Sep 16, 2022
Munachimso30:

A very nice one bro, thanks
I actually love the country, language isn’t much problem for me but really wanna start something good
I think am in a haste lol, I wouldn’t have bothered looking for something now, since am new here.
Lemme keep eyes on ground, I believe I will find something good, but your advice are needed guys
Thanks everyone
How are you today? I pray God multiply you in His infinite riches. Merci mo frere.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by odinga1of: 10:40am On Sep 16, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

How are you today? I pray God multiply you in His infinite riches. Merci mo frere.

Bros snap and show us current pictures na, if na market or ghetto area self

Not Getty images from Google.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Munachimso30(m): 5:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

Am doing alright bro, bigger you I pray
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by babakb: 8:04pm On Sep 16, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

Hey guy, many thanks for the heads up about living in Ivory Cost, I have few questions to ask for a brother that intends to move to Abidjan next year:
How long and how much can he get residence permit after arrival?
How much does cab drivers earn daily there? Do they have uber or bolt there?
Kindly help out with this information because my brother is a professional driver and he understands basic French smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Life Like As An Illegal Immigrant In Europe / Canada Is My Dream Country: Who Can Help Me Get There? / What Is Life Like In United State Of America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.