Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,378 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5766757 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ibkayee(f): 3:39pm On May 21, 2019
funlord:
Currently at my farm with my old man.........we both came up with this for lunch..... chilled palm wine is in the fridge pending when this meal is buried! cool
Which soup is that? Looks great

Craving pounded yam but the closest thing to it within a 10 mile radius currently would be a ready meal box of mashed potatoes sad grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by funlord(m): 3:48pm On May 21, 2019
ibkayee:

Which soup is that? Looks great

Craving pounded yam but the closest thing to it within a 10 mile radius currently would be a ready meal box of mashed potatoes sad grin

It's called fisherman soup but the colours vary depending on the ingredients or leaves used ..... as for your pounded yam hopes....I think they sell boxed poundo yam etc in either tescos or some of those naija restaurants? Guess you need to hunt a bit
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ibkayee(f): 3:50pm On May 21, 2019
funlord:

It's called fisherman soup but the colours vary depending on the ingredients or leaves used ..... as for your pounded yam hopes....I think they sell boxed poundo yam etc in either tescos or some of those naija restaurants? Guess you need to hunt a bit
Nice, first time hearing of it. Oh I have no problem getting it normally, I have some at home sef, I mean wish I could just pop in somewhere to get some whilst at work cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 3:56pm On May 21, 2019
Egg fried rice

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by funlord(m): 4:03pm On May 21, 2019
ibkayee:

Nice, first time hearing of it. Oh I have no problem getting it normally, I have some at home sef, I mean wish I could just pop in somewhere to get some whilst at work cheesy

Lmao....It's quite popular in many seaside parts of Nigeria...it's called that because everything in it comes from the sea...best one can be found in port Harcourt though... i.m.o

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MJBOLT: 4:35pm On May 21, 2019
grin
Mariangeles:
Egg fried rice

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 4:54pm On May 21, 2019
Mariangeles:
Egg fried rice
Sooo yummy looking. The original fried rice
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by smartmom(f): 4:56pm On May 21, 2019
funlord:

Lmao....It's quite popular in many seaside parts of Nigeria...it's called that because everything in it comes from the sea...best one can be found in port Harcourt though... i.m.o
I hear no oil in it too? Going back to inspect that soup for all the seafood or is Irish. smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:57pm On May 21, 2019
smartmom:

Sooo yummy looking. The original fried rice
Thank you smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 4:58pm On May 21, 2019
MJBOLT:
grin

Why you dey laugh ?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MJBOLT: 5:02pm On May 21, 2019
i know you cooked that delicious meal for me
Mariangeles:
Why you dey laugh ?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:14pm On May 21, 2019
MJBOLT:
i know you cooked that delicious meal for me

Even though you're not nice o...it's yours grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MJBOLT: 5:16pm On May 21, 2019
thank you smiley

Mariangeles:
Even though you're not nice o...it's yours grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by paparazzhi(f): 6:33pm On May 21, 2019
smiley

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Gulher: 7:32pm On May 21, 2019
HELP PLEASE! HOW DO YOU PEOPLE FRY AKARA HERE?
It was a major disaster. The thing kept sticking to the pan, scattering when I try to turn it. I thought it was because i was using electric cooker at first, transferred it to the gas cooker and when I started losing my mind, I went to find kerosene and sat on the bed to fry it. I have stored the remaining puree for now

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by paparazzhi(f): 7:41pm On May 21, 2019
smiley take out

18 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ytea(f): 7:48pm On May 21, 2019
Gulher:
It was a major disaster. The thing kept sticking to the pan, scattering when I try to turn it. I thought it was because i was using electric cooker at first, transferred it to the gas cooker and when I started losing my mind, I went to find kerosene and sat on the bed to fry it. I have stored the remaining puree for now
It may be that the puree is too watery, or the vegetable oil(I assume that's what you used) isn't enough. You deep fry Akara, plenty ororo is needed and you allow it fry for few minutes before you try to turn it, until it is mildly fried, it'll just keep scattering if you try to turn it. finally, make sure the fire under it is regulated, not too low, so it doesn't get soggy.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 21, 2019
cutiereborn:

My beloved Jollof kiss
Thanks chasers, if only I could close my eyes and make it appear here
You're welcome..That kind of magic will make the food tasteless cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 8:29pm On May 21, 2019
Rice in whatever form don tire me. So I'm gonna finish the mussels and leave rice for you cheesy well done !!!

chasers:
C4_KITCHEN

Jollof Rice and Oven cooked Rice

Lunch Today. Village life... @cutiereborn your favourite is ready.. @Mariangeles minister of plantain,please come with some. cheesy

Second Photo.. Oven cooked rice with some potato

@Eife.I think is time for the kidnapping. Food stuff don finish for my house,time to eat free food.. Make i go arrange my bag wait for you. grin

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by peacefulhome(f): 8:31pm On May 21, 2019
Ytea:
It may be that the puree is too watery, or the vegetable oil(I assume that's what you used) isn't enough. You deep fry Akara, plenty ororo is needed and you allow it fry for few minutes before you try to turn it, until it is mildly fried, it'll just keep scattering if you try to turn it. finally, make sure the fire under it is regulated, not too low, so it doesn't get soggy.

Thanks for this information.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 21, 2019
armyofone:

Rice in whatever form don tire me. So i gonna finish the mussels and leave rice for you cheesy well done !!!

Thanks... I think fighting gonna resolve everything cheesy Live rice for who.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by babythug(f): 9:17pm On May 21, 2019
Gulher:

Most likely the mixture was watery!

For a beginner like yourself it’s best to add minimal water and if you’re grinding the beans at a commercial mill ensure to inform them it’s for akara so they also add minimal water!
Next is to mix in one direction till it’s as fluffy as can be
Use a small spoon as a scoop ie let the target be small balls as against large sized akara balls

Someone has already said the bit for the temperature for the oil

Better luck next time

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ytea(f): 9:51pm On May 21, 2019
peacefulhome:

Thanks for this information.
Thank you too.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 10:18pm On May 21, 2019
Gulher:
I'm so sorry but I have to laugh grin grin grin grin grin

Maybe it was too watery ...try to check it out on YouTube
Pele once again grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by paparazzhi(f): 10:25pm On May 21, 2019
grin for the weather

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sod09(m): 6:02am On May 22, 2019
paparazzhi:
grin for the weather
what are those white purple food

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by stevebond007(m): 10:28am On May 22, 2019
chasers:
Ok Boss.Working on it, please give me 10 market days to open it cheesy

Ok wink

No lele.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by odeguaomon(f): 6:52pm On May 22, 2019
Dinner

41 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kenfil(f): 1:49am On May 23, 2019
Banga soup, white rice & plantain for dinner!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:50am On May 23, 2019

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by paparazzhi(f): 9:05am On May 23, 2019
cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 23, 2019

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Quitmast and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.