Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,830 members, 7,831,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5782263 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) (1345) (1346) (1347) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by starbuck(f): 11:12am On Jun 20, 2019
Some people will be looking for trouble here grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 11:12am On Jun 20, 2019
chasers:

Yummy!!! kiss
It was indeed. Thank you . smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 20, 2019
Mariangeles:
It was indeed. Thank you . smiley

cheesy You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 11:18am On Jun 20, 2019
Smalliegirl:

Some places have decent cooked food prices in SA, depends on where you go though...Cooked meals in the heart of Jhb R25-30...In PTA R30-R40. So it really depends...Uncooked meals are farr cheaper in Jhb than everywhere else, I recently stumbled on a shop close by that sells Nigerian raw food, 4 fingers of Plantain R100-R120.. cheesy
I need to start a Nigerian food business in South Africa ASAP! cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 20, 2019
C4_KITCHEN

Never my intention for my post to deprive anyone for posting.. Very sorry for that.

I can never be a problem to this beautiful thread, time to start visiting as a guest.

For those having problem with my post, you can now post in peace...Love you all.

66 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sauceEEP(m): 11:34am On Jun 20, 2019
angry undecided
Lilly livered man.... angry

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 11:38am On Jun 20, 2019
Mayday! Mayday!
Chasers deactivated! shocked

Why did you listen to them Chasers ? You should have ignored them and continued doing what you love, how you love it ... cry

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 20, 2019
This guy, chaser, u be sissies?
Why will nairaland comments make you deactivate your account?
I used to be like you until I developed thick skin, if I don't like your yab, I will yab you back. But most times I do ignore.

Ask cococandy how she became internet agbero grin kiss kiss.

Grow backbone, abeg, ebi like say you be ajebutter.

No ajee for here o kiss

All are welcomed, u design your food o, u cook and post like me o. Most times I don't remember posting unless I'm on nairaland while handling food.

There are two food channel I watch constantly on YouTube and they are Asian. One is in the interior village somewhere in China and another is Korean living in US. The two has one thing in common. They started getting more subscribers when they started using artistry to define their cooking. It makes viewers fall in love with their food more as they showcase their creativity.
If u have it in you show it, it might open another chapter in your life. And there are many things we use to decorate and design food. That most of us don't use them doesn't mean they don't exist.
The difference between eating in a five star restaurant and mama put is ur presentation.
Who don't like good things.

Erm, I entered a classroom this morning and saw basket of small small tomatoes. Asked the teacher what's it's for, she said it's the children's fruit for the day. So tomatoes can be eaten like that.

23 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mihrab34(f): 11:44am On Jun 20, 2019
Mariangeles:
Since tomatoes are scarce, palm fruit ti take over!
I added ugu this time, with scent leaves... the palm fruit stew no gree stay one side o...just dey splash all over the place...but I enjoy am sha kiss

Do share your recipe for the palm fruit stew. I'd love to try it
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iamoyindamola(m): 11:52am On Jun 20, 2019
So this guy deactivated because of some life piece of shít that beg to eat , nawa oo no be Jude nairaland fake millionaire that run around nairaland looking for stupid attention.
Chasers you fvcked up big time, ignoring those fools should have been the best,you need to grow some balls if you want to survive nairaland

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by czarina(f): 11:54am On Jun 20, 2019
Sorry Chasers, but it's disappointing to just deactivate like that. People are trolled each day on Nairaland and they toughen up with time.

Everyone can't like you or what you do but there are certainly people here who really appreciate what you do.

This is a wrong move. Please rethink your decision.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 20, 2019
shocked shocked

Chasers deactivated? Damn, you'd go into depression if those savages in politics section reason you.

We will miss you and we also love you, but God loves you more. angry

15 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by UmmuFarrah(f): 12:05pm On Jun 20, 2019
I love seeing chaser's food (one of the reason why I open nairaland daily) OK so now that u r no longer here lemme go back to the diary section jeje embarassed but its not good oo.
Chaser come back pleaseeeee

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2019
mihrab34:

Do share your recipe for the palm fruit stew. I'd love to try it
The ingredients I use for my palm fruit stew are:

Palm fruit
Chicken or Turkey /stock
Fresh scotch bonnet peppers
Onion
Crayfish
Dry fish or stock fish or both
Scent leaves and curry leaves ( my favourite combination) you can use ugu if you want it extra nutritious
Local spice ( ehuru and uziza seeds)
Salt and seasoning
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Smalliegirl: 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2019
Mariangeles:
I need to start a Nigerian food business in South Africa ASAP! cheesy

Let's do it! Hit me up when you game wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AjalaDtraveller(f): 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2019
Chasers I am still waiting for your Naija soup and swallow o. Come back biko

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by frmglorytoglory: 1:10pm On Jun 20, 2019
Chasers why did you deactivate your account because of comments passed by some folks ? They won't post their food here and they will not allow people post theirs in peace.
Anyway go start your food blog , a lot of us will come there. Make money while you are doing what you love. Some people are so hopelessly envious of others ....if someone wants to decorate his food with ketchup from a syringe how is it your business ? Everyone can't like plain and boring food can they ? Why don't you do you and let others be ?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by czarina(f): 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2019
frmglorytoglory:
Chasers why did you deactivate your account because of comments passed by some folks ? They won't post their food here and they will not allow people post theirs in peace.
Anyway go start your food blog , a lot of us will come there. Make money while you are doing what you love. Some people are so hopelessly envious of others ....if someone wants to decorate his food with ketchup from a syringe how is it your business ? Everyone can't like plain and boring food can they ? Why don't you do you and let others be ?
I don't think it was the comments that bothered him per se, I think it was the number of "likes and shares" they garnered.

Quite disturbing if I may add shocked

But Chasers, please come back. There are people who genuinely enjoy what you do. Lots and lots of people.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 20, 2019
Uncle Chasers why na, if only you knew the inspiration your food presentation gives me.

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by czarina(f): 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2019
iamoyindamola:
who likes epp you guys take this faceless forum too serious
Abeg comot for my mention if you failed to comprehend my "point".

No offense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2019
czarina:
I don't think it was the comments that bothered him per se, I think it was the number of "likes and shares" they garnered.

Quite disturbing if I may add shocked

But Chasers, please come back. There are people who genuinely enjoy what you do. Lots and lots of people.
What's disturbing? Go thru his posts.... He gets the highest number of likes with his posts here. One post he doesn't like, next thing he does to deactivate right away. good riddance

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Preciouschinwe(f): 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2019
C4_KITCHEN

Never my intention for my post to deprive anyone for posting.. Very sorry for that.

I can never be a problem to this beautiful thread, time to start visiting as a guest.

For those having problem with my post, you can now post in peace...Love you all.

pls don't do that cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by czarina(f): 1:45pm On Jun 20, 2019
runwaymodel:
What's disturbing? Go thru his posts.... He gets the highest number of likes with his posts here. One post he doesn't like, next thing he does to deactivate right away. good riddance
Exactly my point.

Not holding brief for his "lack of liver" (forgive me boss), he got used to the accolades and seeing such number of people registering their dislike on some posts must have gotten to him.

It's just life, we fail to count our past blessings when bad times hit us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
czarina:
Exactly my point.

Not holding brief for his "lack of liver" (forgive me boss), he got used to the accolades and seeing such number of people registering their dislike on some posts must have gotten to him.

It's just life, we fail to count our past blessings when bad times hit us.

True. The likes and shares on Sanchez01 and iamJ's posts shows people agree with them, though no one's gonna admit it. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2019
He deactivated? Hmm what happened?

Well only few people remember when I used to be gentle on NL. Can’t stop visiting a forum I want to visit or posting what makes me happy because it rubs some people some way.

sassysure:
This guy, chaser, u be sissies?
Why will nairaland comments make you deactivate your account?
I used to be like you until I developed thick skin, if I don't like your yab, I will yab you back. But most times I do ignore.

Ask cococandy how she became internet agbero grin kiss kiss.

Grow backbone, abeg, ebi like say you be ajebutter.

No ajee for here o kiss

All are welcomed, u design your food o, u cook and post like me o. Most times I don't remember posting unless I'm on nairaland while handling food.

There are two food channel I watch constantly on YouTube and they are Asian. One is in the interior village somewhere in China and another is Korean living in US. The two has one thing in common. They started getting more subscribers when they started using artistry to define their cooking. It makes viewers fall in love with their food more as they showcase their creativity.
If u have it in you show it, it might open another chapter in your life. And there are many things we use to decorate and design food. That most of us don't use them doesn't mean they don't exist.
The difference between eating in a five star restaurant and mama put is ur presentation.
Who don't like good things.

Erm, I entered a classroom this morning and saw basket of small small tomatoes. Asked the teacher what's it's for, she said it's the children's fruit for the day. So tomatoes can be eaten like that.

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SOFTDRINK: 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2019
Nigga got so high on his "likes" and "shares" on a faceless forum and couldn't take some hard knocks from some trolls, so the lily livered guy deactivated.

I wonder the kind of soft men we're breeding these days that they can't even stand up for themselves when they're being bullied or trolled.

Chasers,I know you're seeing this, learn to stand up for yourself regardless of the situation,do not cower and run away at the first sight of any challenge.

#Don't be a sissy cos you've got a pair between your legs.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by czarina(f): 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2019
runwaymodel:
True. The likes and shares on Sanchez01 and iamJ's posts shows people agree with them, though no one's gonna admit it. grin
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bisoye11(m): 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2019
Come back chaser! Come back

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2019
iamJ:
I miss Nigerian food, this thread is the only way I can visually satisfy my appetite, there are some Nigerian restaurants here in SA but the prices na die

So keep up the good work

There is something I noticed People try too hard to form with their cooking here and it's c4 that causes it, how will someone use a full can of green peas to fry eggs?

Abeg I no wan talk plenty, the more simple a meal is the more appealing it is, putting rice inside coconut shell and sprinkling oil around it with ugwu leaf is amazing for people when no get package but I watch food Network alot and plenty cooking shows, every item on the plate must have a purpose, if decorations with food dey hungry me, I go watch food art shows but wetin concern me, just be yourself People, if you cooked ordinary white rice and stew it's amazing don't be pressured to put Rosemary leaf and sliced tomatoes next to it to draw likes, nobody will pay you for your efforts, people will only look and scroll.

Having cornflakes and milk, no sugar

It's not Eba and egusi that I want so badly but wetin man go do

But the food was cooked in his kitchen. What’s your problem with it? Do you know if that’s how he eats in his house? You don’t know the backstory to anyone’s life so please shut it.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
Please what’s exactly wrong with going the extra step to get a beautiful picture?
Maybe he’s a chef on a professional level? How do you know he isn’t? Those people who own blogs that you like their pictures also cook their food in their kitchens and they use professional photography, crew and editing teams to make their pictures pretty. And you know what? They still end up eating the food in their house with their family members.

The difference here is because this is NL and there are different types of people. some of who don’t really care about going that extra mile and some get hurt that someone else is doing it better isn’t it? What’s his offense?

It’s not a competition please. People like different things. Maybe if this thread was about fashion or something else, someone would probably be doing it better. Everyone has their thing that makes them happy.

Don’t be saddened when you see others being happy in their hobby. Find your own niche.

Sanchez01:
This thread used to be very interesting but it has become the Instagram of Nairaland where people go all out to impress people they've never seen. 'Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!' and people are going as far filling syringes with raw Tomatoes/Ketchup. Far from reality, if you ask me. It is one thing being a chef on a professional level, it is another thing when you're alone in your kitchen. I can't imagine the pain of filling a cooking syringe with ketchup on a normal day in your kitchen... Haba!

The essence of every meal is simplicity; not how it is prepared but how it looks when it is finished. It would be a different ball game entirely if you were cooking for a gourmet or a critic. The pressure has pushed some to use slay queen filters on meals just because they don't want to be left behind.

To the Amiedi and Starch eaters, God bless your originality, the Okra cooks, the jollof variant cooks and lovers of simplicity, God bless you lots. To the complicated cooks, God bless you as well cheesy

I just pray we don't start seeing Crepe Bandages in plates, in the name of artistry.

43 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) (1345) (1346) (1347) ... (3482) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: poshestmina(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.