Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5790908 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1564) (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) ... (3483) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Daisy17: 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
Jchi9876:

It's not everything you see online that you copy and paste. You got the meaning of "ceviche " totally wrong
This is a dead giveaway. You should have proof read before hitting submit

Actually Prestonn is 100% correct. Ceviche is seafood that has been cured in citrus juices (lime or lemon). If they sit for too long in those juices they become rubbery due to the acidic nature of those juices.

21 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2019
cococandy:
Dinner last night.
Yamarita fries, fried plantains,fried eggs and spicy dry fish with bell pepper sauce. This sauce was the b.o.m.b
In fact everything combined was just delicious.

Mariangeles thanks for the the yam inspo

Now I’ve to go pay back the gym gods. All the frying in that meal cry
A feast of fries kiss

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
Daisy17:

Actually Prestonn is 100% correct. Ceviche is seafood that has been cured in citrus juices (lime or lemon). If they sit for too long in those juices they become rubbery due to the acidic nature of those juices.
i just tire for that guy matter. Had to google ceviche. I just no get power for his likes. Prestonn u did well by ignoring him.

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
Kunu zaki... I heard it's made with groundnut, tiger nut and date. It was chilled and sweet

Prestonn, thanks for the explanation. I do appreciate

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
Also corn sprout, ginger, dried sweet dankali, oh my goodness kunu zaki zaki!!
Akposy:
Kunu zaki... I heard it's made with groundnut, tiger nut and date. It was chilled and sweet

Try burukutu cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 4:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
armyofone:

Try burukutu cheesy
The kunu is sweet o. Did I tell you guys I tasted something else today? The taste was heavenly....it was date and sweet coconut o. Damn! Good Food is life o.

What's this burukutu sef. I see these hausa men. drink it in Calabash.

North get food o
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2019
Akposy:

What did u use to prepare this?

Is it proteinous?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2019
Jayventures:
You are a great guy, please don’t change for any reason. smiley
Thanks Boss. More respect.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
armyofone:

Try burukutu cheesy

Are these the ingredients?

What is dankali?

Seems u are from the north too.

I didn't taste kunu as I don't know what they use in preparing it.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
Daisy17:

Thanks for this,I really appreciate.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2019
breadplanets:
i just tire for that guy matter. Had to google ceviche. I just no get power for his likes. Prestonn u did well by ignoring him.
Thanks Mami. Such people i ignore them.

If i should quote him, we gonna be here using more than two page deliberating on same topic.

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
Akposy:
You're welcome Boss.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Halcyon123(f): 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
Burukutu aka bkt is the fermented form of kunu. It is actually drunk from Calabash. Shey you stay in Jos, try take a stroll to DB Zang Junction and you will see it dere. Don't try it if you can stand it oh.
Akposy:

The kunu is sweet o. Did I tell you guys I tasted something else today? The taste was heavenly....it was date and sweet coconut o. Damn! Good Food is life o.

North get food o

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
Date and groundnuts is delicious. Haven't tried it with coconuts.
Aya is lovely.
I miss the North.
Yeah freshy brewed kunu is sweet...ofc sweet potatoes is in it grin
Some add sugar to make it sweeter.
Akposy:

North get food o

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Halcyon123(f): 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
Yes dear, you can also use Guinea corn(the red or white), millet too but the best is the Guinea corn especially the white one. Then you can add tiger nuts but the dry one. Then dere is what we call siro, is basically fermented rice that has started sprouting and then the dankali which is dried sweet potatoes.
sassysure:

What is dankali?

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Daisy17: 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
Prestonn:

Thanks for this,I really appreciate.

You're welcome, sir.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2019
Halcyon123:
Yes dear, you can also use Guinea corn(the red or white), millet too but the best is the Guinea corn especially the white one. Then you can add tiger nuts but the dry one. Then dere is what we call siro, is basically fermented rice that has started sprouting and then the dankali which is dried sweet potatoes.
This must be sweet.
Thank you kiss

I'm now regretting why I didn't taste it.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2019
Great - Hal explained cheesy
The freshly brewed burukutu is sweet and not makes one drowsy - but don't try burukutu itself grin

sassysure:

What is dankali?

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by TiffanyJ(f): 5:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
Akposy:

That's kunu aya(Tiger nuts) not kunu zaki
These two are different o.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Daisy17: 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2019
breadplanets:

We learn every day

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2019
armyofone:

Try burukutu cheesy
That's the kunu I remember from way back Minna kiss.
I don't get to see it again cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jchi9876: 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
cococandy:
Dinner last night.
Yamarita fries, fried plantains,fried eggs and spicy dry fish with bell pepper sauce. This sauce was the b.o.m.b
In fact everything combined was just delicious.

Mariangeles thanks for the the yam inspo

Now I’ve to go pay back the gym gods. All the frying in that meal cry

"Sauce" is kinda gross looking to me with the combo of that separately fried egg that was thrown in the mix. Too much carbs.

That spicy mix would have been great with roasted Unripe plantain, ewa agoyin/black eyed peas and side of spinach dip.

I will rate the "sauce" 7.4/10 but overall presentation will be 3/10
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jchi9876: 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
ibkayee:
I didn’t make this and it isn’t technically even ‘food’ but I’m obsessed with candy apples, they usually start selling them around Halloween grin

Sorry to all the little kids who will keep missing the opportunity to buy them because an agbaya like me has bought them all

What are those??
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jchi9876: 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
Sandra23:
Pancakes, hotdogs, scrambled eggs and chicken �

Not bad at all.
I just have a problem with that cut of chicken been paired with sausage for breakfast.
Next time a chicken fried steak will be a better cut for breakfast.

Good presentation I like the fact he egg is not greasy, you might wanna throw in some bell peppers just for added flavor

Good job!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jchi9876: 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
Akposy:

Very nice to see local drinks trickling in.

Not a bad mix. Hey @ Logobenz this is the real burantashi grin grin grin
I will call this a power shake and will be scored 8/10.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jchi9876: 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
Daisy17:

Prestonn:

Thanks Mami. Such people i ignore them.
If i should quote him, we gonna be here using more than two page deliberating on same topic.

I will lump all three of you together and enlighten you.

@ Gay dude said ". . . ceviche occurs just by marinating with lemons"
Well that is a misrepresentation, for ceviche to occur the marinade has to be predominantly citrus-fruit based and we talking heavy acid and this process itself WITHOUT HEAT cooks the fish.

Funny he had the cook in quotations and the gullible ones failed to understand the context

In Nigeria nobody cooks fish in a heavy citrus marinade. For the most part half of a golf-sized lemon is used in seasoning about a pound of fish before been thrown in the oven/smoker/fryer that is not in anyway close to the process called "ceviche"

It is pertinent you all who follow sheepishly understand the concept and topic before jumping in a zombified bandwagon
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fhemmmy: 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
Akposy:

I tried this during my last visit to Lagos 2 weeks ago, and damn, it was good . . .
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jchi9876: 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2019
sassysure:

Is it proteinous?

Duh you see groundnut still dey ask.

What kind of foodies are these that don't even know food classification?

Yes it is a power shake that can contain high protein depending on the proportion of mix
I like the fact that tiger nut was thrown in to give an added fiber and smoothen the digestive process
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:20pm On Oct 02, 2019
sassysure:

Is it proteinous?

I bought it na. The seller said it's made up of tiger nut, groundnut, date and some other things. It is very very rich

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2019
Halcyon123:
Burukutu aka bkt is the fermented form of kunu. It is actually drunk from Calabash. Shey you stay in Jos, try take a stroll to DB Zang Junction and you will see it dere. Don't try it if you can stand it oh.
Oh really? I've learnt something o. Yes.. I'm in Jos. I'll not try it o. Lemme stick with my dear kunu
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
TiffanyJ:
That's kunu aya(Tiger nuts) not kunu zaki These two are different o.
Ha. why were they confusing me na
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:23pm On Oct 02, 2019
Jchi9876:

Very nice to see local drinks trickling in.
Not a bad mix. Hey @ Logobenz this is the real burantashi grin grin grin I will call this a power shake and will be scored 8/10.

Thank you sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (1564) (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) ... (3483) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.