Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (1653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5748855 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) (1655) (1656) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nanatrendy(f): 8:10am On Nov 27, 2019
sassysure:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I think they mixed up western and their traditional food together most times. They also have some cuisines from Nigeria with little alterations.
I will make their chicken veggie stew this weekend. I like that but will skip some things.
no we don't have cuisines from Nigeria, maybe you meant to say we have meals that are indigenous to nigeria and ghana. Nigerian cuisine is never of interest to any Ghanaian we also don't get certain things you eat, it seems everything is peppery, enjoy ur veggie stew.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nanatrendy(f): 8:14am On Nov 27, 2019
sassysure:

I don port go Ghana, trying out some familiar Ghanaian dishes. I can say our dishes looks better and healthier than theirs. Also tastier. Except the Akara I posted( has more oil than ours). Their okro soup is a disaster.
well you may not have gotten the okro soup because it was soup and you people make okro stew, so next time ask for okro stew instead soup and you'd find that it's even better than yours
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2019
Nanatrendy:
well you may not have gotten the okro soup because it was soup and you people make okro stew, so next time ask for okro stew instead soup and you'd find that it's even better than yours
Go and watch sweet adjeley okro soup making on YouTube, then u can correct yourself.
Also watch most of her cooking and watch a Nigerian chef cooking the same dish. If u are a student of curiosity, u will see why I said we make healthier food.

Let's not fight over this. U will not win. I've promoted 3 Ghanaian dishes here already so I'm not biased.

I have seen two different ways of u guys cooking with okro, one look like the way an Englishman will cook with an okro( that's why I said u infuse western culinary skills to your traditional one), the other isn't healthy as okro was over cooked.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 27, 2019
Marie,Marie, my abacha is so sweet kiss
Tastes exactly like ours.
I thought it will be different.

Coconut and abacha, yummy kiss

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
sassysure:
Marie,Marie, my abacha is so sweet kiss
Tastes exactly like ours.
I thought it will be different.

Coconut and abacha, yummy kiss

Nice smiley
There was a time I couldn't get enough of it

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2019
Village kitchen

After shouting who go eat egg, nobody answer. I cooked mine and live some on table. E never even reach 4 minutes half crate of Egg don dey fire grin grin

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
grandstar:

You should be on Come Dine With Me. You'd win if you're not the first contestant to cook. They never win. It's as though all the other contestants are in a competitive state and their only desire is to win. From the 2nd contestant onwards down to the last, they let their guards down and score each other more generously
Thanks very much. I'll check the program out cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by grandstar(m): 1:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
Prestonn:

Thanks very much. I'll check the program out cheesy

You have to be living in Britain.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AngelicBeing: 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2019
mariga:
Breakfast
Hian, if you don't marry these woman cooking good meals for you that is keeping you healthy, l will track you down, submit your details to DSS / EFCC/ FBI / CIA / SECRET SERVICE / ISREAL MOSSAD to ensure that you will not marry any other woman again in Nigeria.

l will send a copy of your BVN to Buhari and CBN to make sure that you can't do banking services nor withdrawal in Nigeria..

I give you till December 31st, 2019 to openly announce your engagement / traditional marriage to the iyawo cooking food for you daily or else l will contact Buhari to initiate your arrest to ASO ROCK for questioning, signed by the President of the Association of those rooting for the woman cooking your food tongue

@ Same ultimatum applies to Prestonn / Chaser and Queen Mariangeles tongue

17 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AngelicBeing: 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
Prestonn:
Village kitchen

After shouting who go eat egg, nobody answer. I cooked mine and live some on table. E never even reach 4 minutes half crate of Egg don dey fire grin grin

cool

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Hian, if you don't marry these woman cooking good meals for you that is keeping you healthy, l will track you down, submit your details to DSS / EFCC/ FBI / CIA / SECRET SERVICE / ISREAL MOSSAD to ensure that you will not marry any other woman again in Nigeria.

l will send a copy of your BVN to Buhari and CBN to make sure that you can't do banking services nor withdrawal in Nigeria..

I give you till December 31st, 2019 to openly announce your engagement / traditional marriage to the iyawo cooking food for you daily or else l will contact Buhari to initiate your arrest to ASO ROCK for questioning, signed by the President of the Association of those rooting for the woman cooking your food tongue

You don’t marry people because of their cooking skills or because they cook for you. There’s more to marriage than cooking of food

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2019
Eating aya like no man business....don't try it if don't have iron for teeth grin
Yours truly ogbologbo Northern breed got iron for teeth!
So loving it...more online orders coming!

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Simplecity(m): 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2019
mariga:
Breakfast
what specie is this your bread?...looks good
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
Mariangeles:

Nice smiley
There was a time I couldn't get enough of it

It can be addictive. I will buy this during dry season and make dry abacha for African salad.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
grandstar:

Haaaa! shocked

We jump and pass grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
AngelicBeing:
cool

Are u still mad at me, my luv tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nanatrendy(f): 6:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
sassysure:

Go and watch sweet adjeley okro soup making on YouTube, then u can correct yourself.
Also watch most of her cooking and watch a Nigerian chef cooking the same dish. If u are a student of curiosity, u will see why I said we make healthier food.

Let's not fight over this. U will not win. I've promoted 3 Ghanaian dishes here already so I'm not biased.

I have seen two different ways of u guys cooking with okro, one look like the way an Englishman will cook with an okro( that's why I said u infuse western culinary skills to your traditional one), the other isn't healthy as okro was over cooked.

sweet adjeley is a ghanaian based in the us, most of the normal ingredients we use may not be available, did she add chopped garden eggs or any green leaves, or our special green aromatic pepper, did she add dried herrings or salted fish? Crabs, or what you call kpomo?she has to make do with what is around her thats why her cooking looks like an English way of cooking, secondly adjeley is a ga woman, the best okro is prepared by the ewes and fantes, akans and northerners also have a way of preparing okro. So my dear what you saw is not enough to come to the conclusion that our okro is bad. I was however trying to draw your attention to the fact that we actually have okro soup which is watery and slimy and we have okro stew which is more like a gravy. Ave realised you call everything soup, so next time when searching look for both.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AngelicBeing: 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
sassysure:

Are u still mad at me, my luv tongue grin
Lol, I am not mad at you, you be my number one ogbonge person for Nairaland.com Na, huh, not when you transfered 5million dollars to me recently, kudos to you jare

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
grandstar:

Like permanent stay Or strictly citizen ?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
AngelicBeing:
cool
Thanks Dear wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ibnjimoh(m): 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
Your mss will deplete the oxone layer
mariga:
Breakfast
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2019
Nanatrendy:
sweet adjeley is a ghanaian based in the us, most of the normal ingredients we use may not be available, did she add chopped garden eggs or any green leaves, or our special green aromatic pepper, did she add dried herrings or salted fish? Crabs, or what you call kpomo?she has to make do with what is around her thats why her cooking looks like an English way of cooking, secondly adjeley is a ga woman, the best okro is prepared by the ewes and fantes, akans and northerners also have a way of preparing okro. So my dear what you saw is not enough to come to the conclusion that our okro is bad. I was however trying to draw your attention to the fact that we actually have okro soup which is watery and slimy and we have okro stew which is more like a gravy. Ave realised you call everything soup, so next time when searching look for both.

I have been respectful.
The fact is that her way of preparing okro sucks. Secondly, that she live in USA is non of my biz. Most of the people who post cooked food here live outside Nigeria and it didn't stop them from cooking healthy even with alternatives. And if we call that soup, how is that your biz? Every country has different names for the same thing. That's their identity.
Or are u actually trying to rile me up?
Guy, I don't have strength for this. I will not reply u again

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AngelicBeing: 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2019
Prestonn:

Thanks Dear wink
You didn't answer my question Na, you have till December 31'st 2019 to openly announce your engagement and traditional marriage on this thread because Buhari told me via email that your Queen Mariangeles is the one cooking all the meals you showcase here, so the court down begins now tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol, I am not mad at you, you be my number one ogbonge person for Nairaland.com Na, huh, not when you transfered 5million dollars to me recently, kudos to you jare
kiss kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
Where did you get this from? I’m interested
armyofone:
Eating aya like no man business....don't try it if don't have iron for teeth grin
Yours truly ogbologbo Northern breed got iron for teeth!
So loving it...more online orders coming!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Gloriagee(f): 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
Coming from an Angelic Being drives the point even further. @ Marry -ga, disobey her at your own peril...

AngelicBeing:

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
Coco dear, got it from Amazon - free shipping if you are prime member. Though you pay for shipping on some other brands.
See wetin we ate as kids not knowing its paleo grin grin

cococandy:
Where did you get this from? I’m interested

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
armyofone:
Coco dear, got it from Amazon - free shipping if you are prime member. Though you pay for shipping on some other brands.
See wetin we ate as kids not knowing its paleo grin grin

Thanks
I’m rushing to buy it as soon as I get home.
I’ve always had prime membership since my student days. Very beneficial cheesy

Edited. Found it cheesy
Thanks a bunch

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2019
AngelicBeing:
You didn't answer my question Na, you have till December 31'st 2019 to openly announce your engagement and traditional marriage on this thread because Buhari told me via email that your Queen Mariangeles is the one cooking all the meals you showcase here, so the court down begins now tongue
Very sorry sweetheart, gonna answer you later, Cooking Okro soup and potato now and also potato pizza cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by grandstar(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Prestonn:

Like permanent stay Or strictly citizen ?

I'm not too sure. Two Nigerians have been on the show at different times. There might have been more Nigerians though. The 2 I'm aware of both have British accents. They were in their 20s and most likely born and bred there.

Google Kayode on Come Dine With Me.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 27, 2019
cococandy:

Thanks
I’m rushing to buy it as soon as I get home.
I’ve always had prime membership since my student days. Very beneficial cheesy

Edited. Found it cheesy
Thanks a bunch
Blend it and extract the milk, share with òga, this weekend will be wonderful grin

If u have real suya yaji, make some suya, hmm...cough....cough grin cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
Unserious somebody
grin grin
Hehe
sassysure:

Blend it and extract the milk, share with òga, this weekend will be wonderful grin

If u have real suya yaji, make some suya, hmm...cough....cough grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) (1655) (1656) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: emperorz(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.