Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,699 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:09 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5844588 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (3494) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:56pm On Feb 03, 2015
ApexTitan:

Thats impressive, I assumed you were using a DSLR camera the detailing and color capture makes for enticing food pictures. Will be on the lookout for more of your pictures.

Thanks.

Erm
Which one is DSLR again? You mean professional camera? For kitchen grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 03, 2015
DeCritique:
It seems like I've been away for a long time... Not my fault sha cos... work is too stressful and secondly, my tablet screen got broken... When i was trying to snap one food like that I cooked embarassed embarassed... Unfortunately, the screen cannot really be found in Nigeria, so I had to order it online. Still waiting for it though... so unfortunately, no pictures!!

Akposy baba, you're the man jare... I love seeing my fellow men cook... at least, when you tell your girlfriend to cook for you and she start doing shakara, you enter kitchen, prepare the thing sharp sharp and even invite her to eat with you. When I was in the uni especially in my finals, I was one of the highly respected chefs in my hostel room of about 12 males.

That time like this, I will cook eguisi soup with this fresh smoked fish, it's smoked and curled round but the inside is still very fresh and not dried, make sure the fish scatter well well inside the soup so that one boll of eba will carry fish and enter your mouth cheesy grin

Then when I'm cooking, you'll see my room mates hovering around and making comments like "If I no chop this food today, make I die" or "chai!! baba God, see this better dinner wey you don provide me with.. Thank you oh"

In my heart I'll just be smiling and laughing at them. after cooking the soup, I'll make enough garri, then go and fetch water and take my bath, then fetch another bucket for bathing after eating. After this, I'll then take a stroll around my school compound <time wasting techniques grin>!!

By the time I come back, the people wey wan chop go don reduce by half because most of them would have gone out to meet their Gfs or night class. Na so I go bring out food, set am for table, oya war start!! Na there you go see characters... This one go wash hand inside bucket, the other one go use pure water take wash hand, na so another person go clean hand for cloth come join us... before you know, six cups of garri go just finish in ten minutes and you'll still hear someone say "my man, make I bring garri na"!! choi!! grin grin If you see enh... But seriously, it was so much fun! Campus hostel life was really beautiful. I miss those days embarassed

Babyosisi, e be like say you be my type wey dey like plenty stew ontop rice...

Herzumpther sweetie, I no see your hair oh... PM it to me na lemme show my mama grin

cococandy, missed you much much

efemenaXY, missed you too

TruckPusher, welcome to here

FriedPlantain, I ate fried plantain this morning oh... Hope your life span has not reduced by one year?

Mr Manny4life... I sight you... What's that your sloggie again? erm... relax baggage policy something something can't remember grin

Chillisauce, I love your name... reminds me of Indomie wink

Veave... I hail oh

datalossvictim1... your moniker truly long well well

Lemme go an wash film grin The Originals to be precise... Klaus is really killing me... #noHomo angry

Lolz grin cheesy

You got that right
My rice has to be swimming in stew.
Welcome back
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2015
Little tidbit
For those of us that cook virtually all our soups with okporoko aka stock fish.
Don't waste your time cooking and wasting your electricity ,gas of kerosene
Don't bother whipping out your pressure cooker
Just soak the stock fish in water overnight
By next morning it is as soft as cooked and you just add your meat and cook
It actually gets very soft and will fall into bite sizes in your soup ( the way my Oga likes it)
If you like to have your stock fish still in chunks then soak for shorter period or don't add it in the soup earlier on so that it remains whole
I do overnight because it's convenient
Last thing before retiring to bed and by morning your stock fish is ready
This is just common sense but can you believe I just thought about this a couple of years ago and decided to try it and has done so ever since

The other advantage is you save yourself the smell of stock fish all over the house
Sometimes I soak a large amount and then store half of it in the freezer so that when I need it,it's ready to be used

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2015
DeCritique:

FriedPlantain, I ate fried plantain this morning oh... Hope your life span has not reduced by one year?

grin cheesy
It has nigga angry angry

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by preciousswett: 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2015
babyosisi:
Little tidbit
For those of us that cook virtually all our soups with okporoko aka stock fish.
Don't waste your time cooking and wasting your electricity ,gas of kerosene
Don't bother whipping out your pressure cooker
Just soak the stock fish in water overnight
By next morning it is as soft as cooked and you just add your meat and cook
It actually gets very soft and will fall into bite sizes in your soup ( the way my Oga likes it)
If you like to have your stock fish still in chunks then soak for shorter period or don't add it in the soup earlier on so that it remains whole
I do overnight because it's convenient
Last thing before retiring to bed and by morning your stock fish is ready
This is just common sense but can you believe I just thought about this a couple of years ago and decided to try it and has done so ever since

The other advantage is you save yourself the smell of stock fish all over the house
Sometimes I soak a large amount and then store half of it in the freezer so that when I need it,it's ready to be used
You could try pounding the stockfish with your mortar and pestle.pounding helps in reducing the cooking time too but you have to pound it well o
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by veave(f): 8:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
DeCritique:
It seems like I've been away for a long time... Not my fault sha cos... work is too stressful and secondly, my tablet screen got broken... When i was trying to snap one food like that I cooked embarassed embarassed... Unfortunately, the screen cannot really be found in Nigeria, so I had to order it online. Still waiting for it though... so unfortunately, no pictures!!

Akposy baba, you're the man jare... I love seeing my fellow men cook... at least, when you tell your girlfriend to cook for you and she start doing shakara, you enter kitchen, prepare the thing sharp sharp and even invite her to eat with you. When I was in the uni especially in my finals, I was one of the highly respected chefs in my hostel room of about 12 males.

That time like this, I will cook eguisi soup with this fresh smoked fish, it's smoked and curled round but the inside is still very fresh and not dried, make sure the fish scatter well well inside the soup so that one boll of eba will carry fish and enter your mouth cheesy grin

Then when I'm cooking, you'll see my room mates hovering around and making comments like "If I no chop this food today, make I die" or "chai!! baba God, see this better dinner wey you don provide me with.. Thank you oh"

In my heart I'll just be smiling and laughing at them. after cooking the soup, I'll make enough garri, then go and fetch water and take my bath, then fetch another bucket for bathing after eating. After this, I'll then take a stroll around my school compound <time wasting techniques grin>!!

By the time I come back, the people wey wan chop go don reduce by half because most of them would have gone out to meet their Gfs or night class. Na so I go bring out food, set am for table, oya war start!! Na there you go see characters... This one go wash hand inside bucket, the other one go use pure water take wash hand, na so another person go clean hand for cloth come join us... before you know, six cups of garri go just finish in ten minutes and you'll still hear someone say "my man, make I bring garri na"!! choi!! grin grin If you see enh... But seriously, it was so much fun! Campus hostel life was really beautiful. I miss those days embarassed

Herzumpther sweetie, I no see your hair oh... PM it to me na lemme show my mama grin

Mr Manny4life... I sight you... What's that your sloggie again? erm... relax baggage policy something something can't remember grin

Veave... I hail oh

Lemme go an wash film grin The Originals to be precise... Klaus is really killing me... #noHomo angry

Lolz grin cheesy

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2015
babyosisi:

Ve gini?
That soup has potatoes nne
Is potato not a vegetable?
Must they all be green?
You want to see ugu or ewedu inside
Hahahahahahaha
If you don't know just like God created cococandy to be fair and me to be dark skinned,he also created green veggies and the white and orange ones

potato is vegetable?
Are you serious or joking?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:16am On Feb 04, 2015
alutacontinua:

potato is vegetable?
Are you serious or joking?

Isn't it!
I dropped food and nutrition well before WAEC
Please remind me
Is it a fruit? grin
Cococandy come o,edwife ,chillisauce nwa mama and all these younger girls here,has potato been re-classified as fruit or animal kpa kpa and nobody told me
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 12:22am On Feb 04, 2015
babyosisi:

Isn't it!
Please remind me
Is it a fruit? grin
Cococandy come o,edwife ,chillisauce nwa mama and all these younger girls here,has potato been re-classified as fruit or animal kpa kpa and nobody told me

Aluta potato is still classified as vegetable.
Na so we see am

The other day we were having this 'is tomato a fruit or vegetable ?' Argument and even google was confused cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 12:25am On Feb 04, 2015
'Potatoes are botanically classified as a vegetable, but they are classified nutritionally as a starchy food,' says a DoH spokesperson. 'This is because when eaten as part of a meal, they are generally used in place of other starchy carbohydrates, such as bread, pasta or rice.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1372728/The-great-potato-debate-Nutritionists-insist-spuds-ARE-vegetables.html
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:32am On Feb 04, 2015
cococandy:

Na so we see am

The other day we were having this 'is tomato a fruit or vegetable ?' Argument and even google was confused cheesy

Tomato has since been re-classified as a fruit
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:33am On Feb 04, 2015
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 12:49am On Feb 04, 2015
babyosisi:

Tomato has since been re-classified as a fruit
ok smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:22am On Feb 04, 2015
cococandy:

Na so we see am

I actually never knew.
Always assumed it was tubers, yam family lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:02am On Feb 04, 2015
DeCritique:

Veave... I hail oh

Lolz grin cheesy
Lol.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:23am On Feb 04, 2015
EfemenaXY the pics. I tried to make it as simple as I can. Please manage my cam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:27am On Feb 04, 2015

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:32am On Feb 04, 2015
Make show you use 2 leaves (a big and a small once), for beginners it's best to use 2. I use one too sometimes, especially if my beans is much and I have little quantity of leaves. smiley

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:01am On Feb 04, 2015
Great job herzumpther
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:27am On Feb 04, 2015
cococandy:
Great job herzumpther
Thanks ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 8:04am On Feb 04, 2015
Herzumpther:
Make show you use 2 leaves (a big and a small once), for beginners it's best to use 2. I use one too sometimes, especially if my beans is much and I have little quantity of leaves. smiley

Herzumpther!!!!! smiley smiley wink

Nice one and very detailed. Nothing to manage about the camera, overclear dey worry the picture sef.

You should think about taking food orders - small parties and home cooking

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 04, 2015
Kimoni:

Herzumpther!!!!! smiley smiley wink

Nice one and very detailed. Nothing to manage about the camera, overclear dey worry the picture sef.

You should think about taking food orders - small parties and home cooking
Lol.

I'm thinking about it ma'am if God helps me.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Odillz: 8:47am On Feb 04, 2015
Herzumpther:
Thanks ma'am.
Wia my own share
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 8:55am On Feb 04, 2015
Simple but delicious homemade white bread for breakfast. Bring your own tea.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by DeCritique(m): 9:01am On Feb 04, 2015
breadplanets:
Simple but delicious homemade white bread for breakfast. Bring your own tea.....

Wow.. This is lovely.. Hope the inside is soft and it is still hot??

Chai!! Na only Milo I see here oh... you go gimme small milk na wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by veave(f): 9:24am On Feb 04, 2015
breadplanets:

Am not talking to you again sad sad sad
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 9:29am On Feb 04, 2015
DeCritique:

Wow.. This is lovely.. Hope the inside is soft and it is still hot??

Chai!! Na only Milo I see here oh... you go gimme small milk na wink
Na only one spoon of milk i go give u o! Yes the inside is very soft and its still hot. Buy those N20 satchet blue band as u dey come. Wehehehehe.......
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 9:33am On Feb 04, 2015
veave:

Am not talking to you again sad sad sad
V V wetin cm happen na? Oya come i'll give you lipton and 1 cube of sugar you hear?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by DeCritique(m): 9:57am On Feb 04, 2015
breadplanets:
Na only one spoon of milk i go give u o! Yes the inside is very soft and its still hot. Buy those N20 satchet blue band as u dey come. Wehehehehe.......

Hahahaha.. I like milk wella ohh... Oya make we do exchange, as you no get Milo, gimme four spoons of milk make I give you three spoons of milo!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 10:43am On Feb 04, 2015
DeCritique:

Hahahaha.. I like milk wella ohh... Oya make we do exchange, as you no get Milo, gimme four spoons of milk make I give you three spoons of milo!!
NO!!!!!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 04, 2015
Egusi soup prepared with Nchanwu (scent leaves and fresh uziza seed).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 04, 2015
babyosisi:

Isn't it!
Please remind me
Is it a fruit? grin

You dont want the kind of vegetable that will keep you frowning your face in the toilet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (3494) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.