Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2016) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5747518 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2013) (2014) (2015) (2016) (2017) (2018) (2019) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2020
Dinner

Sweet potatoes and stew

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2020
fieryy:
Breakfast

Bread and a 'homemade' spread

How did you make it? What does it taste like? I want to try too. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
Y'all should come and join me sing hallelujah oooo because this is the first Amala I've prepared without lumps.

*takes microphone*

I want to use this opportunity to tell everyone that you can do it. Even if everybody has given up on you, do not lose hope, keep trying and one day you will achieve your goals.

Yes, all this on top of Amala matter

*drops microphone *

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 8:59pm On Apr 27, 2020
fieryy:
Y'all should come and join me sing hallelujah oooo because this is the first Amala I've prepared without lumps.

*takes microphone*

I want to use this opportunity to tell everyone that you can do it. Even if everybody has given up on you, do not lose hope, keep trying and one day you will achieve your goals.

*drops microphone *

You are doing well. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2020
Hathor5:

How did you make it? What does it taste like? I want to try too. cheesy

It's a mix of sardine, melted butter and mayonnaise. Added a lil bit of pepper and salt to it too cheesy

It tastes like mayonnaise and sardines lol. It has a unique taste, which I can't really describe
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:

You are doing well. grin

Lol, thank you grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zakas: 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
Dinner served.
Fried pepper indomie. Wifey is a nurse, working at the hospital tonight. I had to prepare this myself.. Hope it looks good cos it surely taste good.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 9:32pm On Apr 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Thank you kiss

I still look forward to seeing the recipe for that Ur okra. Maybe one day I will try it, although growing up we never ate okra in our house.

I have discovered that when it comes to food- sometimes it is not that you don’t like that food. It is more about the way it is cooked. Get a method that works for you and you’ll find yourself eating same food you hated all the years. I also hated okra, till I found my own formula.

1: Never miss out on your dried fish, crayfish (or dried prawns). I use stockfish in place of dried fish, I also use dried prawns.

2: Fresh Pepper, NOT dried pepper. Rough blend this with your dried prawn. You can blend with onions if you want. I hate to see onions in soup.

3: Goat meat, shaki, canda and/or beef (preferably tozo or the ribs). Cut them into smaller chunks, they look better that way.

4: Wash your dried fish and meat. Pour in 3/4 of the blended stuff into it. Add salt, knorr cube or maggi CRAYFISH. Put water to cover the meat and steam. Please season well, your stock is very important. If you get it right, you may not need any seasoning again.

5: For your okra to stand apart, DON’T pound, don’t grate. Make sure they are fresh and chop them.

6: When your meat is well cooked, you can adjust the water level (if it is small), then add your remaining paste and palm oil. Allow to boil till your oil is not floating on top. cheesy

7: Introduce your finely chopped okra. Stir and allow to boil again. Check for seasoning...

8: Add your vegetables. I used ugu and oziza for mine. I don’t know the name of UZIZA in English. Stir and commot for faya.

PLEASE, there is another evil one called UTAZI, that one is bitter o. E bitter pass bitter leaf, don’t mix them up. Attached is a picture if uziza and the okra soup to pepper you again tongue.

If you try uziza, you won’t go back to ugu again.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amorprincesa24: 9:36pm On Apr 27, 2020
Congratulations
fieryy:

*takes microphone*

*drops microphone *
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amorprincesa24: 9:37pm On Apr 27, 2020
It looks good
zakas:
Dinner served.
Fried pepper indomie. Wifey is a nurse, working at the hospital tonight. I had to prepare this myself.. Hope it looks good cos it surely taste good.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amorprincesa24: 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2020
Akposy, I made red velvet cake for the first time. I notice that the mid upper part didn't really bake very well. What's the cause? The cake was so fluffy and sweet.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fecodear(f): 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2020
Yuneehk:
My fav fruit. They're very fresh, clean and spotless. Yellow one it is for me.
kinah:

Mango lover Yes I will take the yellow ones thank you
fieryy:

I miss Nigerian mangoes. Seriously they are the best!
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 9:50pm On Apr 27, 2020
fieryy:

It's a mix of sardine, melted butter and mayonnaise. Added a lil bit of pepper and salt to it too cheesy

It tastes like mayonnaise and sardines lol. It has a unique taste, which I can't really describe

Thanks. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zakas: 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2020
Amorprincesa24:
It looks good
Thanx
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 9:55pm On Apr 27, 2020
pocohantas:

I have discovered that when it comes to food- sometimes it is not that you don’t like that food. It is more about the way it is cooked. Get a method that works for you and you’ll find yourself eating same food you hated all the years. I also hated okra, till I found my own formula.

1: Never miss out on your dried fish, crayfish (or dried prawns). I use stockfish in place of dried fish, I also use dried prawns.

2: Fresh Pepper, NOT dried pepper. Rough blend this with your dried prawn. You can blend with onions if you want. I hate to see onions in soup.

3: Goat meat, shaki, canda and/or beef (preferably tozo or the ribs). Cut them into smaller chunks, they look better that way.

4: Wash your dried fish and meat. Pour in 3/4 of the blended stuff into it. Add salt, knorr cube or maggi CRAYFISH. Put water to cover the meat and steam. Please season well, your stock is very important. If you get it right, you may not need any seasoning again.

5: For your okra to stand apart, DON’T pound, don’t grate. Make sure they are fresh and chop them.

6: When your meat is well cooked, you can adjust the water level (if it is small), then add your remaining paste and palm oil. Allow to boil till your oil is not floating on top. cheesy

7: Introduce your finely chopped okra. Stir and allow to boil again. Check for seasoning...

8: Add your vegetables. I used ugu and oziza for mine. I don’t know the name of UZIZA in English. Stir and commot for faya.

PLEASE, there is another evil one called UTAZI, that one is bitter o. E bitter pass bitter leaf, don’t mix them up. Attached is a picture if uziza and the okra soup to pepper you again tongue.

If you try uziza, you won’t go back to ugu again.

Thank you for the recipe. My oy problem is I don't know much about those leaves u mentioned.

How do I get the uziza. Will I get it from those igbo/south-south women that sell Ugwu in the market or there's a special market for it?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 10:05pm On Apr 27, 2020
Mac0:

Bro make i no lie, na only ur food dey enter my eye.
You prepare it just the way i like it, neatly arranged.

Home made foods are truly the best, I'm tired of eating out. cry

Kudos to y'all

Thanks. Been a bit busy until next week. I have pictures and might post them together.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bbbwings: 10:42pm On Apr 27, 2020
T'omi ba po j'oka lo ama di koko. grin
You got it right this time
fieryy:

*takes microphone*

*drops microphone *
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Oluwahelpme(m): 10:43pm On Apr 27, 2020
fieryy:

Lol, thank you grin
I want to have serious friendship with you.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 27, 2020
budaatum:

Those who have not seen what someone else's father has under his trousers would always claim their own father has the biggest pants. Or, as the Prophet Bob sang, every man thinketh his own burden is the heaviest.

Below is a queue of non-Nigerians begging for food. And the Pittsburgh Community Food Bank is not their government doing something, but people being responsible for each other.

I saw this on the news with police putting groceries in peoples car , they are doing this in a very orderly manner , try this in Naija and see may be your car will go home the same way, you people complain a lot but you never want to come and live here.

Abeg make I no derail this thread. nah food thread.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MariamAlheri: 10:45pm On Apr 27, 2020
O
Hathor5:

Yes, it is exactly how it started. angry

I thought as much.

Let's be alert and careful out there please.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Thank you for the recipe. My oy problem is I don't know much about those leaves u mentioned.

How do I get the uziza. Will I get it from those igbo/south-south women that sell Ugwu in the market or there's a special market for it?

Yes, they are your best bet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chidonsky: 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2020
BlueRayDick:

no special market for it,since uziza leaf is a popular leaf just walk into the market and ask for it.Though it is popular to southern and eastern people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by budaatum: 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2020
payperpost:

I saw this on the news with police putting groceries in peoples car , they are doing this in a very orderly manner , try this in Naija and see may be your car will go home the same way, you people complain a lot but you never want to come and live here.

Abeg make I no derail this thread. nah food thread.
You sound like those who claim all Nigerians are crooked, but ask if their parents or they are crooked, they say "of course not!"

I have lived in Nigeria, as you'd see if you read my post. And though I shared books and not food, my car went home with me. And I'm not complaining about anything but take responsibility instead.

Perhaps speak for yourself if you would not behave in an orderly manner. Most Nigerians I come in contact with do behave in an orderly manner and I educate the few ignorant asses who don't, and they learn to behave in an orderly manner if they want anything to do with me. I guess it's because of the regard I have for myself, and the fact that everyone except brainless fools respect buda.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Leesah(f): 12:21am On Apr 28, 2020
MariamAlheri:

You're so right about the meat being stale these days.

My experience this very evening: I sent someone to buy me goat meat from the market here and he came back with the pictures below. I'm sad cos my money is wasted.

Is this not how Coronavirus even started? The goat they slaughtered to sell to innocent buyers is obviously diseased!

#ViewersDiscretionAdvised Please
Heart of man is indeed wicked. How can they sell such?
Pocohantas you're making me laugh with the meme
Akposy, it's a gradual process soon you'll be a pro

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:42am On Apr 28, 2020
budaatum:

Only ate half what was in plate in the end. Not doing much so burning little fuel, but always did eat little and infrequently.

Below is breaklunch. And I don't plan to eat all that butter!
cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kinah(f): 3:40am On Apr 28, 2020
salford1:
Working from home with jollof rice and ponmo.

My kind of ponmo
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 28, 2020
Bbbwings:
T'omi ba po j'oka lo ama di koko. grin
You got it right this time

So, it's now you're telling me? Do you know how many times my amala has takoko. And Amala is my favorite swallow o and love it when it's fele grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 28, 2020
Amorprincesa24:
Congratulations

Thank you grin I was so proud of myself. First smooth Amala in my young 21 years grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 28, 2020
Chai. I’ve already finished this rice before remembering to snap.

Which kind life be this angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 28, 2020
Plead:
Chai. I’ve already finished this rice before remembering to snap.

Which kind life be this angry

Lol
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 9:30am On Apr 28, 2020
fieryy:

Thank you grin I was so proud of myself. First smooth Amala in my young 21 years grin

You have done well for yourself. Anybody wey say u no try, their water no go boil grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 28, 2020
BlueRayDick:

You have done well for yourself. Anybody wey say u no try, their water no go boil grin

Hahaha, thank you grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2013) (2014) (2015) (2016) (2017) (2018) (2019) ... (3477) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Oluwakemitosin and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.