Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2019) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5748522 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2016) (2017) (2018) (2019) (2020) (2021) (2022) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 5:58pm On Apr 28, 2020
AgbenuAnna:

Recipe please
I want to make it tonight

Recipe?? Forgive me but my madam did all the

hard work. grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 6:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
myke92:

Frittata is a guaranteed yummy meal... cheesy

How many eggs did you involve in this particular one.?

Most yummy

Three
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunabby(f): 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2020
Dimex03:

Is there vacant apartment where you reside so i can move in and be enjoying with you. grin grin grin

There's no vacancy o, house yaff full lol...... Tnx dear
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by motunabby(f): 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2020
salford1:

Yummy.

Tnx ford

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Biingoo: 6:03pm On Apr 28, 2020
Something light for dinner cheesy

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by diordaves(m): 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
pocohantas:

How una dey take chop cucumber? That thing no sweet na. angry angry

Bring rice here biko.

Fall in love with Cucumber - try Tzatziki

For the Nigerian audience; what is Tzatziki?
Classic Tzatziki consists of Greek yoghurt, cucumber, garlic and mint. Tzatziki makes a very nice condiment for gyros or kebabs. It goes very well with pork, lamb, chicken. It's also very nice served as a dip with pita bread.

Ingredients
150g Greek yoghurt ( not sure if this is available in Nigeria, but try shoprite or some fancy supermarket)
1/2 cucumber
2 - 4 crushed garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice (or white wine vinegar)
1 tsp chopped or dried mint (or dill) - available in shoprite
1/2 tsp salt
Pepper to taste

Method
1. Peel cucumber, cut in half lengthways and de-seed using a teaspoon, then coarsely grate.

2. Put the grated cucumber into a sieve suspended over a bowl, sprinkle over 1/2 tsp of salt and mix through. Place a plate on top of cucumber and allow the cucumber to drain for approximately 1 hour, or until water stops dripping (whichever is first).

3. Combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly.

4. The flavours combine better if given time so leave it in a sealed container in the refrigerator overnight.

*** If Greek yoghurt is not available then you can make your own Greek-style from plain yoghurt by suspending a sieve lined with a clean cloth over a bowl, adding the yoghurt and allowing it to drain for 2-3 hours, or longer if thicker yoghurt is preferred, in a refrigerator. A paper coffee filter can be used as an alternative to cloth, following the above method.

Source: BBC Good Food

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 7:07pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hathor5:
Herb butter rolls and salad with yoghurt-honey dressing
Yum. What herbs did you use

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AgbenuAnna(f): 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
Beans and yam
(Not a fan of beans so I took more of yam to beans)

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 7:20pm On Apr 28, 2020
Amorprincesa24:
Akposy, I made red velvet cake for the first time. I notice that the mid upper part didn't really bake very well. What's the cause? The cake was so fluffy and sweet.
Looks yummy. I don't think I've made a successful red velvet cake. You should have leave it in the oven for some time or reduce the heat...I guess
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by babythug(f): 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
4realwoman:
Homemade shortbread.
@Cutiereborn, come and take your ma'am.

You hafta share your recipe ma’am!!! Looks yummy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by forzarush(f): 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
[quote author=mayluv post=88957343] thanks sis

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2020
Akposy:

Yum. What herbs did you use

Dill, parsley and chives. Didn't have tarragon which I also wanted to use. I added some garlic too.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
RoyalBlak007:

My first post here

Lunch

Well done! And welcome. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by beautyhd: 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
Vanilla/strawberry flavoured cake

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2020
beautyhd:
Vanilla/strawberry flavoured cake

Show us a picture when you cut it. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by beautyhd: 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hathor5:

Show us a picture when you cut it. smiley

Sorry, already finished. Almost like the same color as the top. I know you are a bit confused because of both flavours, didn't really have any effect on the color but the taste.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2020
beautyhd:

Sorry, already finished. Almost like the same color as the top. I know you are a bit confused because of both flavours, didn't really have any effect on the color but the taste.

No, not confused, just curious. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by beautyhd: 8:02pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hathor5:

No, not confused, just curious. smiley

Why curious? That I didn't bake this? Very funny.

If only I know how to water mark my pics...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2020
beautyhd:

Why curious? That I didn't bake this? Very funny.

If only I know how to water mark my pics...

Why would I suspect you? I don't even know you.
Why would you think I suspect you?
Some people ask me questions here after I post a picture and I never question their motives. undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by WetSmoke: 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2020
BlueRayDick:
Immediately I saw that Àsaro posted by Akposy, my mind just dey tell my brain say I must chop àsaro today, it have tayed I last had one.

So I had to dash out and get ugwu leaves which I feel is the last ingredient that crowns a nourishing yam porridge.

Required : Yam, diced ponmo, dried prawns, smoked fish, palm oil, chopped ugwu leaves, seasoning, roughly blended tomatoes and pepper onions, and salt to taste.

Process: I followed a video I once watched on YouTube. So I started by heating the palm oil for few minutes and added onions to it. The roughly blended pepper was added to the mix after which I allowed it to fry for about 3 mins on medium heat before adding seasoning cubes( I used knorr chicken)

Then I added the yam to the stew on fire along with the dried prawn, diced ponmo and smoked fish to the mix. Immidiately, I added just enough water to cook the yam and added salt to taste.

I allowed it to cook for 14 minutes and checked to see it was done, so I added the already washed chopped ugwu leaves and allowed it to simmer for 2 minutes before stirring every every together. I took it off the fire after 2 more minutes and served.

Lunch is served cool

shocked This looks really good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hathor5:

Dill, parsley and chives. Didn't have tarragon which I also wanted to use. I added some garlic too.
I don't really like the taste of dill and chives. We used them to prep Herb Potato Pie at Culinary school. I couldn't eat the pie
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
Akposy:

I don't really like the taste of dill and chives. We used them to prep Herb Potato Pie at Culinary school. I couldn't eat the pie

They are my favorite. cheesy
Which herbs are your favorite?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by beautyhd: 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
Rice, veg sauce and fish

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hathor5:

They are my favorite. cheesy Which herbs are your favorite?
Do I really know cheesy
Lemme say oregano, Rosemary, mint, thyme...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
Akposy:

Do I really know cheesy

Lemme say oregano, Rosemary, mint, thyme...

Oregano is great. I don't like rosemary very much but I like it with red meat. I knew you would mention thyme. cheesy
I love basil a lot too.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Tonyfx: 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2020
beautyhd:

Sorry, already finished.

So you finished it before posting so that I will not beg you abi cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by beautyhd: 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
Tonyfx:

So you finished it before posting so that I will not beg you abi cheesy

Next time bros, no vex, BTW it's not much and mouth plenty wey devour am
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Tonyfx: 8:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
beautyhd:

Next time bros, no vex, BTW it's not much and mouth plenty wey devour am

Abeg next time make enough oo grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AgbenuAnna(f): 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2020
Fried plantain and fried eggs

Pics 2:My failed plantain frittata(When turning the frittata it scattered)
It was sweet though

19 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 8:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
AgbenuAnna:

It was sweet though

Same thing happened to me!
It was a frisaster grin
The thing is, the process is supposed to be finished up in the oven.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 8:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
AgbenuAnna:

It was sweet though

I am not a big fan of frittata so I like it the way it is in the first pic. wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:51pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hathor5:

Oregano is great. I don't like rosemary very much but I like it with red meat. I knew you would mention thyme. cheesy
I love basil a lot too.
Thyme is common here.

Yeah...basil is same as Curry leaf...right?

I had oregano and mint plant but they died cos I applied too much fertilizer. I will get at least 4 bags of different herbs when the lockdown is over

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2016) (2017) (2018) (2019) (2020) (2021) (2022) ... (3477) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BellaLuce and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.