Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,007 members, 7,849,064 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:08 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2069) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5814501 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) ... (3488) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:30pm On May 09, 2020
diordaves:

Pottage and Porridge are NOT the same o. These are two opposites though some now tend to use Porridge just to sound sophisticated and been to.

In Nigeria recipe, it is Yam pottage, beans pottage or potato pottage ho ha.

Porridge na cereal, oyinbo mede mede. The two recipes no near each other at all.

You say Porridge, I say POTTAGE.

Big up to all who posted the gorgeous pottage(s)

It's all clear now...Pottage is like a one pot meal shey?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 5:54pm On May 09, 2020
Sexyjigga:
If you can't bake it, buy it.

*Jay z voice*

530 for just biscuit? We'd bake it...anyhow e come out, we go chop abeg grin

cutiereborn:
Someone just reminded me, now I have used my last flour for these goodies kiss
With this lock down palavar, I forgot to restock angry
Lovely. You over baked too. Did you also struggle to roll out and cut because it was breaking?

BlueRayDick:
Because the Bible says thou shalt not kill....and Evangelist Timaya the great revivalist sang : " I can't kill myself".....

I decided to follow the gospel and also follow the wordings of that song " I can't kill myself", so I had this for brunch : Chicken suya pizza + ice ream grin
Can I have the ice cream please....I day always crave coldstone ice cream anytime I pass their outlets for Lagos but afraid no gree me enter there

Leesah:

Ogu area and for the first time, I felt like I belonged to a country. We were given 4 custard rubber of beans, 3 big yams, 8 power pasta spaghetti, 6 custard rubber of garri, palm oil, onions.
They tried o. Good one!

NoToPile:
4realwoman Akposy and wetsmoke I made my own short bread last night following the receipe.

The pastry was not so smooth on the top, it burnt a bit more of cruchy but it tasted nice.

The vacant squares were the ones used for tasting.

Any tips to prevent burning during baking?
You tried....Next time you try, kindly remove from the oven once you notice the down is brown

iamoyindamola:

Have been around bro
Always checking the lovely prepared food here cheesy
Okay boss! Stay safe

GboyegaD:

Last week was very hectic as I had deadlines. Will come back maybe from Monday. Thanks for asking after me.
Okay boss. Good to know

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 5:54pm On May 09, 2020
Palm oil rice

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AgbenuAnna(f): 5:57pm On May 09, 2020
bbstarr:

Is okpa different from moimoi? If yes, what's the difference?
Okpa is made from barabara nut (don’t know the current spelling)while moi moi is made from beans
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 5:59pm On May 09, 2020
Cococandy, Mariangeles, iomoge, petyprinces, pocohantas and others who have been insulted on this thread.... I now know how it feels

I posted one of my Ewa agoyin pics in one cooking Facebook group like that.... The insults I've been getting no be here....some said it's shit, some said I stole the pics...some said the food is nonsense....some said I blended onions as beans ....the insults are breaking my weak heart. 90% of the insults came from the ladies
I feel like going offline
Below is the pics i posted. What exactly is wrong with the meal....I need genuine response

34 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ImaIma1(f): 6:03pm On May 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

I used yam and sweet potatoes.

You can use equal parts of the two or more of one than the other, depending on how sweet you want it.
I just fried my chopped onion (I use a good amount of onion) and fresh peppers, put in my washed smoked fish, stirred and allowed it to fry a bit, then I took out the fish, and put in my already washed yams and sweet potatoes cut in small chunks, added water just a little above the yam and potatoes, added salt to taste, stirred and covered to cook.
You can add ground crayfish or dried prawns if you want. I did not use in mine because I wanted the flavour simple.
Mash up as you want when it has softened.

Note that I did not use seasoning; the sweet potatoes gave it a really sweet taste, so there was no need for it.

It was really really delicious.

Oh cool. My porridge is almost ready though.

I boiled the yam for a while, then put palm.oil in a pan and fried a combination of lots of onions, a little tatashe and fresh peppers then turned it into the boiling yam.

Then added dried fish and cray fish. Mine has vegetables though (hubby likes it with ugu or scent leaves)

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BoleAndFish: 6:04pm On May 09, 2020
Akposy:
Cococandy, Mariangeles, iomoge, petyprinces, pocohantas and others who have been insulted on this thread.... I now know how it feels

I posted one of my Ewa agoyin pics in one cooking Facebook group like that.... The insults I've been getting no be here....some said it's shit, some said I stole the pics...some said the food is nonsense....some said I blended onions as beans ....the insults are breaking my weak heart. 90% of the insults came from the ladies
Below is the pics i posted. What exactly is wrong with the meal....I need genuine response
grin grin grin
Don't take everything people say to heart.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:07pm On May 09, 2020
BoleAndFish:
grin grin grin
Don't take everything people say to heart.
cry Thanks... Most Nigerians are just jealous and angry bees. I never see cheesy. You need to see the bitterness..chai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:13pm On May 09, 2020
Whenever such occurs, ask yourself what would cause someone who you’re not thinking about to have such deep personal negative opinions about what you’re posting. Imagine saying someone’s food is shit. Even if you don’t like the look, it doesn’t cost to look and pass instead of being hurtful. The answer is that some people feel better when they dump their negativity on you. Like it removes the burden from them or something. So don’t let it permeate.

Akposy:
Cococandy, Maria ngeles, iomog e, petyprincess, pocohanta and others who have been insulted on this thread.... I now know how it feels

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:13pm On May 09, 2020
Akposy:
Palm oil rice
I love the chunks of pepper.

I like food that’s recognizably spicy from just looking at it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 6:15pm On May 09, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Thanks boss. We go use Corona cure Corona grin
Sure .. Respect Bro
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amorprincesa24: 6:16pm On May 09, 2020
Is it You think you can cook group? The Admin would have removed those who insulted you and turned off the comments.
I think its because they couldn't see the beans clearly maybe due to it being overly mashed.

Don't take the insults to heart.
After seeing the insult did the money in your bank account increase or decrease? Oya forget them.
Akposy:

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chatbot1234: 6:16pm On May 09, 2020
Akposy:

stat strong, they just being bullies and sadists.
i never had ewa agoyin before and i was salivating to your meal before reading the write up.
leave hate and focus on the meal and art ♥️♥️♥️

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 6:18pm On May 09, 2020
Akposy:

If I am to look at this photo and judge, I think some of them are right.

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:21pm On May 09, 2020
cococandy:
I love the chunks is pepper.

I like food that’s recognizably spicy from just looking at it.
Thanks. I used both Shombo and rodo.
Spicy food is bae and it's rainy here....pepper to the rescue

Chatbot1234:

stat strong, they just being bullies and sadists.
i never had ewa agoyin before and i was salivating to your meal before reading the write up.
leave hate and focus on the meal and art ♥️♥️♥️
Thanks. I will

Prestonn:

If I am to look at this photo and judge, I think some of them are right.

Okay. Judge..what's wrong with it

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:24pm On May 09, 2020
cococandy:

Whenever such occurs, ask yourself what would cause someone who you’re not thinking about to have such deep personal negative opinions about what you’re posting. Imagine saying someone’s food is shit. Even if you don’t like the look, it doesn’t cost to look and pass instead of being hurtful. The answer is that some people feel better when they dump their negativity on you. Like it removes the burden from them or something. So don’t let it permeate.

Thanks. I appreciate

Amorprincesa24:
Is it You think you can cook group? The Admin would have removed those who insulted you and turned off the comments.
I think its because they couldn't see the beans clearly maybe due to it being overly mashed.

Don't take the insults to heart.
After seeing the insult did the money in your bank account increase or decrease? Oya forget them.
Yeah..it is.
I'm leaving the group ASAP. Ever since I joined, I only see peeps commenting bad on people's meal and talking people down. I can't stay around such energy.
I don forget them jare...they are dead to me
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 6:26pm On May 09, 2020
Akposy:

Lol. You need to get strong military mind to be on social media. Chin up, nothing is wrong with the photos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ImaIma1(f): 6:26pm On May 09, 2020
That's it.

Mariangeles

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SweetCunt97(f): 6:27pm On May 09, 2020
Akposy:

The beans looks too mashed up. It's just too watery. No overdo next time

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SweetCunt97(f): 6:28pm On May 09, 2020
Akposy:

Thanks. I appreciate

Yeah..it is.
I'm leaving the group ASAP. Ever since I joined, I only see peeps commenting bad on people's meal and talking people down. I can't stay around such energy.
I don forget them jare...they are dead to me
You leaving ke? You stronger than that. Who knows if your big gig may come out of d group
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 6:28pm On May 09, 2020
Akposy:
Palm oil rice
This looks yummy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:28pm On May 09, 2020
SweetCunt97:
The beans looks too mashed up. It's just too watery. No overdo next time
I love my beans that way. What do you mean by overdo...

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:29pm On May 09, 2020
Ishilove:

Lol. You need to get strong military mind to be on social media. Chin up, nothing is wrong with the photos.
I think I need to eat more liver grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SweetCunt97(f): 6:30pm On May 09, 2020
Akposy:

I love my beans that way. What do you mean by overdo...
So why complaining mbok? You simply gotta take criticism with a cheerful heart. wink

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:31pm On May 09, 2020
ImaIma1:
That's it.

Mariangeles

Beautiful. Yum!
Try the yam and sweet potatoes pottage next time, you won't regret it. tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ImaIma1(f): 6:33pm On May 09, 2020
Akposy:

Looks salivating for we that know ewa agoin. Not everyone will appreciate it especially people staying in the east, south or places where they have never heard of the meal.

But next time, don't over mash the beans so that we can still see some bean seads

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ImaIma1(f): 6:35pm On May 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

Beautiful. Yum!
Try the yam and sweet potatoes pottage next time, you won't regret it. tongue

Will do

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 09, 2020
ibkayee:

Copycat I think you're my soul mate, we just sync y'know grin

Loool. It's my favorite ice cream johr grin

Soulmate ko grin You're officially friend zoned grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by diordaves(m): 6:37pm On May 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

It's all clear now...Pottage is like a one pot meal shey?

Spot on !!!

Take a look at the attached photo. That is the original medieval English pottage recipe. That's pease pottage but in Africa and Nigeria, we did away with all that and we use beans and yam with palm oil instead in our version of pottage. So porridge is not pottage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 09, 2020
BlueRayDick:
Lunch was on me cos today is my birthday cool
Corona had us restricting celebration to just everyone enjoying their meal while observing social distancing embarassed

Well here is lunch : jollof Rice + croaker fish + moin moin.

Happy belated birthday cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ibkayee(f): 6:38pm On May 09, 2020
fieryy:

Loool. It's my favorite ice cream johr grin

Soulmate ko grin You're officially friend zoned grin
Lool grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 6:38pm On May 09, 2020
Akposy:

Okay. Judge..what's wrong with it

Forget the fact I respect you and your photo you do upload.

1... With this picture, I can't see any thing like beans.. the only thing I can figure out is Bread and onions with some cream which look like custard.

2.... I can't figure out your subject, which is the beans, Bread, paper or custard....you said is ewan agoyin but it seems you don't really know what you upload, because I can't see anything like beans...to judge from the photo, gonna say you stole the picture, because the food doesn't look like what you said it is..

The Beans look like Onions.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) ... (3488) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: isokey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.