Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2088) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5758914 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) (2091) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 9:23am On May 16, 2020
Dyt:

Let me sound like them

When will you marry?
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

That one is work-in-progress cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 9:37am On May 16, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Na una teach me all these things for Here, u people inspired me cheesy. Normally I dey buy the little food I will eat and lockup, but now I enjoy cooking my food at home instead of wasting money unnecessarily

Home cooked meals are always better, and you can put whatever you want in them.
Especially those dried prawns you like...they add extra flavour to meals

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sunbestie(f): 10:04am On May 16, 2020
Mariangeles:

That soup looks so good, it deserves to be posted twice.
With the way you explained your steps of cooking, I swear, I could almost smell it.

My sweet mummmy kiss even though i don't like swallows, she'd always offer to give me ofe na ihe nu n'ofe , and you know how soft and tasty ihe nu n'ofe oha can be tongue
Especially nti ishi okporoko na-anu omg!
That nti ishi okporoko ehn... tongue
Chai! Nne u sabi whatsup..... That nti okporoko with kanda is d final finishing
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:08am On May 16, 2020
Beautiful smiley
BlueRayDick:

Na una teach me all these things for Here, u people inspired me cheesy. Normally I dey buy the little food I will eat and lockup, but now I enjoy cooking my food at home instead of wasting money unnecessarily

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 10:16am On May 16, 2020
sunbestie:

Owu otu owu! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by adecz: 10:19am On May 16, 2020
Sweet yam & fried eggs ...

17 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 10:20am On May 16, 2020
cococandy:

You made your own ranch? Respect cheesy

Thanks to YouTube. Just had to follow one of the videos.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 10:28am On May 16, 2020
Ishilove:

I'm inspired. This is definitely today's breakfast

How did this go?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by veeveanO(f): 11:18am On May 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Sorry about what happened sis, when it comes to soup- I always start from the scratch like an old woman. All to avoid stories that touch. I also wanted to try cocoyam and they showed me that dried stuff, I jejely collected my achi.

For my recipe; I used PALM FRUITS (not palm oil), YELLOW PEPPER, DRIED PRAWNS, OHA, UZIZA, ACHI, MAGGI CRAYFISH and SALT. Lol

Step 1: Wash your palm fruits and cook them.

Step 2: While the palm fruit is cooking, pick, cut and wash your oha/uziza. Don’t mix them up, so you know which is which. Then you blend your yellow pepper together with your dried prawns.

Step 3: Cook your meat. PLEASE USE DRY FISH OR STOCK FISH too. They give this natural flavour to soups that I can explain. Season well, pour some of the pepper paste into it and add water that will be above the meat. The reason for this is in step 4/5.

Step 4: Your palm fruit should be really soft by now. Drain the water it was cooked in and put warm water. Squeeze it to extract the “oil”. Sieve into a bowl or pot. Please squeeze before it cools.

Step 5: Pour the PALM FRUIT EXTRACT into your cooked meat. Your meat should be done before you do this. That way it has absorbed the seasoning and won’t come off bland. Cover and allow to boil.

Step 6: When it starts boiling, add the remaining PEPPER paste, allow to boil again and check for seasoning. I always check now because I feel the taste of seasonings are better picked when it has boiled. ADJUST IF NEED ARISES.

Step 7: In a small bowl, mix your achi with water. This is to avoid creating lumps if you decide to sprinkle directly into the boiling soup. Pour the mixture into your soup and reduce heat. Allow to cook again.

P.S, If you use cocoyam, you add at this same point.

DON’T PUT TOO MUCH ACHI, IT THICKENS WHEN THE SOUP COOLS.

Step 8: Put in your oha and uziza. I advise ratio 3:1. I like uziza, but it is still oha soup. Uziza shouldn’t take the glory.

Step 9: Stir, commot pot for fire. Take with akpu, preferably. grin

thanks maam I really appreciate.Did you add ogili?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 11:34am On May 16, 2020
veeveanO:
thanks maam I really appreciate.Did you add ogili?

No. Didn’t grow up eating it, quite a turnoff for me o. You can add to yours.

Don’t mention. wink

Mariangeles:

With the way you explained your steps of cooking, I swear, I could almost smell it.

You sabi as e dey go. Anybody that doesn’t like swallow is not a normal human being nne. angry

Do you want to know how many times I have ordered for swallow on a date? Hey! I will embarrass you. grin grin

Ishilove:

By palm fruit you mean palm kernel? Mpkulekwu?

Yea. I call it palm kernel after the “back” is off. Then it becomes aki, before then, it is nkwu. cheesy

sunbestie:

So accurate @ kanda. I felt a bit weird cooking it without that, but except I go to major Lagos markets (quite some distance), I don’t see that thick kanda here. I am surrounded by that soft one, soaked in what I don’t know. I can’t put that in my cherished uha/okazi. cry cry

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 11:36am On May 16, 2020
folake4u:

No dear, it's not a problem, I understand.
Yes, I mentioned Hathor5, I'm still waiting for her ministry cheesy.

Lmao yes she is oh, she likes eating all these normal stuffs, pizza,cookies, and the rest of them.

My dear, it was last year I saw it when I went to her house for visit and now she started disturbing me. She's been eating it all her life.

Lmao@last sentence grin grin grin grin Kuku kill me with laugh na. No problem, whenever I want to cook anything Igbo soup, I'd holla at you smiley.

Thanks for your response though, I really appreciate it.

Lol, back in the days we go to our grandparents for village food. Now granny dey on couscous and pizza level. Who do we run to now? grin

Hathor will come through. Na she sabi those kind things. The pleasure is all mine. Have a lovely couscous weekend.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 11:40am On May 16, 2020
pocohantas:

You sabi as e dey go. Anybody that doesn’t like swallow is not a normal human being nne. angry

Do you want to know how many times I have ordered for swallow on a date? Hey! I will embarrass you. grin grin

I'll tell my mummy for you cry

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 12:02pm On May 16, 2020
Mariangeles:

When I get the chance to, I might.
I've only heard of agidi or white rice or even unripe plantains with pepper soup

Nke achicha ahu ga rakwa ahu nne grin
You will never know until you try wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 12:40pm On May 16, 2020
GboyegaD:

How did this go?
Iya ologi did not pass angry cry

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by folake4u(f): 12:48pm On May 16, 2020
anslem04:

Seems to me these form of lowest self esteem is common here, ..... if tasha or ceecee kon reply ur message nko. smh

Have you taken your meds today? smiley

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by folake4u(f): 12:49pm On May 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol, back in the days we go to our grandparents for village food. Now granny dey on couscous and pizza level. Who do we run to now? grin

Hathor will come through. Na she sabi those kind things. The pleasure is all mine. Have a lovely couscous weekend.

grin grin grin grin grin grin.
We run to God! cheesy.

Thanks Poco Lee.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 12:56pm On May 16, 2020
Ishilove:

Iya ologi did not pass angry cry

Eyah... Tomorrow is another day.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 12:57pm On May 16, 2020
Breakfast:
Grilled cheese with hot chocolate.

16 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 12:58pm On May 16, 2020
folake4u:

grin grin grin grin grin grin.
We run to God! cheesy.

Thanks Poco Lee.

grin grin grin

folake4u:

Have you taken your meds today? smiley

Lol, I was wondering how showing appreciation is a sign of low self-esteem. He should have just come out straight to say he hates that you showed Poco appreciation.

Some guys here are so obsessed with the activities of virtual ladies. So much for having sexy submissive girlfriends, who wake by 4am to fix them breakfast... cheesy grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 1:01pm On May 16, 2020
GboyegaD:

Eyah... Tomorrow is another day.
It sure is. Thanks grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 1:04pm On May 16, 2020
Dyt:

Let me sound like them

When will you marry?
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
As in ehn. Blueraydick is husband material 20yards. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by myke92(m): 1:04pm On May 16, 2020
Lunch!!

Quick Jollof & coleslaw cheesy

Happy weekend Fam!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by folake4u(f): 1:14pm On May 16, 2020
pocohantas:

grin grin grin

Lol, I was wondering how showing appreciation is a sign of low self-esteem. He should have just come out straight to say he hates that you showed Poco appreciation.

Some guys here are so obsessed with the activities of virtual ladies. So much for having sexy submissive girlfriends, who wake by 4am to fix them breakfast... cheesy grin

That one is just an attention seeker, I nor get him time abeg cheesy cheesy.

The hate they give you is real oh, chai grin.

4am? And sweating in the kitchen and thereafter kneel down to serve them food or quarrel with the submissive,no stupid girlfriend for not washing their one month boxers.
Ndi Ara !

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Castleberry: 1:20pm On May 16, 2020
Native rice

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by aboki2000(m): 1:26pm On May 16, 2020
Dyt:

Akeem
Please have you started to eat rat and lizard?

Thanks for the translation grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 1:36pm On May 16, 2020
Ishilove:

As in ehn. Blueraydick is husband material 20yards. cheesy

Oh really?
And who said you ain't old enough for the question too? tongue tongue

We have a match already?

grin grin cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Dyt(f): 1:43pm On May 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Pele o Ms gobbler(swallow balls I meant o.o, food balls) swallowmania

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 2:12pm On May 16, 2020
Dyt:

Oh really?
And who said you ain't old enough for the question too? tongue tongue

We have a match already?

grin grin cheesy cheesy
Blueraydick can't cope with me. He will end up doing all the cooking in the house cheesy tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ishilove: 2:13pm On May 16, 2020
myke92:
Lunch!!

Quick Jollof & coleslaw cheesy

Happy weekend Fam!
Use spoon chop that rice o. A fork no go make sense at all grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 2:17pm On May 16, 2020
folake4u:

No dear, it's not a problem, I understand.
Yes, I mentioned Hathor5, I'm still waiting for her ministry cheesy.

Lmao yes she is oh, she likes eating all these normal stuffs, pizza,cookies, and the rest of them.

My dear, it was last year I saw it when I went to her house for visit and now she started disturbing me. She's been eating it all her life.

Lmao@last sentence grin grin grin grin Kuku kill me with laugh na. No problem, whenever I want to cook anything Igbo soup, I'd holla at you smiley.

Thanks for your response though, I really appreciate it.

Hello there,

I wasn't sure if my seeing your mention hadn't come too late. Let me give you the recipe:

First of all, you will need to read the package instructions on the sort of couscous you have because they differ. Some need more and others less water and depending on the amount you use of course. I don't know how many people you cook for.

Step 1:
Prepare the vegetables. You can use whatever you like but in my last picture I used bell peppers, carrots and onions. I also used garlic. You can add some habanero peppers too if your food must be hot. Chop the vegetables and garlic into small pieces. I used a garlic press though.

Step 2:
Heat up a tablespoon of oil. Add the onion and the garlic and a tablespoon of tomato paste (optional). Fry for 2 minutes on medium heat. Add the vegetables and some salt and fry for another 2 minutes. Add the water that is needed for the couscous. Now add the spices that you like. I used salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and a knorr cubes.

Let the vegetables cook for about 8-10 minutes on medium heat.

Step 3:
Add the couscous and let it cook till the couscous absorbs the water.

Ready! :-)

If you want a non-vegetarian version. First fry some meat (chicken breast) and turkey do not need to be pre-cooked, take it out and put it on a plate aside. In the same pot, follow steps 1-3 (you don't need to add new oil but you can if you want to). When the couscous is almost ready, add the meat again to warm it up. For the recipe with the meat, I used broccoli though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 2:19pm On May 16, 2020
Dyt:

Pele o Ms gobbler(swallow balls I meant o.o, food balls) swallowmania

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

E se maami. won tun bu mi
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 2:20pm On May 16, 2020
Castleberry:
Native rice

Delicious looking. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) (2091) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Watianoengineer(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.