Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5772071 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2297) (2298) (2299) (2300) (2301) (2302) (2303) ... (3481) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2020
Under16:

Bitter how na? angry

U didnt go through my list? I used just 2 elephant ears of hot leaves for d noodles. I was all in for d flavor,, that's all.
Anyway tek this kiss

Chiii thinks it is utazi, I think it is uziza.
Utazi is bitter, uziza isn’t. That is why I asked if it was bitter. You get?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chii8(f): 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2020
pocohantas:

Chiii thinks it is utazi, I think it is uziza.
Utazi is bitter, uziza isn’t. That is why I asked if it was bitter. You get?

Mummy,it's utazi, that is why he said he used 2 leaves.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chii8(f): 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
Under16:

Bitter how na? angry

U didnt go through my list? I used just 2 elephant ears of hot leaves for d noodles. I was all in for d flavor,, that's all.
Anyway tek this kiss

This guy is a clown... lol
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
chii8:

A leaf of utazi would give him the bitter taste he can’t miss. I just asked my Efik friend what is hot leaf and she said it is our uziza.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
Prestonn:
Village kitchen

Spaghetti and Clams

INGREDIENTS

●Extra virgin olive oil
●Garlic
●Tomatoes
●white wine
●Black pepper
●Parsley

Beautiful and salty I guess, right?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2020
Under16:
Has anyone used hot leaves to cook any other food other than soups? grin Anyone?
Try something new grin

Presenting Hamalayas Fried Noodles grin

Ingredients:
Scotch bonnet
Onion
Margarine
Two wings of hot leaves grin
Smoked fish
cheesy Uziza leaf in noodle wow!

Experimental wonders....it will sure add spice to the meal.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
chii8:

Who is mummy? Hm..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2020
chii8:

hot leaf is uziza leaf in Igbo.
The seed is the famous black pepper seed..widely used in culinary.

utazi is bush buck....G.latifolium.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2020
sweetlady4real:
Late lunch. Ogbono and Garri
Simply nice!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sweetlady4real(f): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
Munzy14:

Simply nice!

Thank You.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
Amala dudu,okro,catfish and turkey for dinner smiley

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LadySarah: 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2020
pocohantas:

A leaf of utazi would give him the bitter taste he can’t miss. I just asked my Efik friend what is hot leaf and she said it is our uziza.

Uziza is hot leaf.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2020
LadySarah:

Uziza is hot leaf.

Thanks a lot. I always mix it up.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Under16: 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
chii8:

This guy is a clown... lol
Tek yours kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Under16: 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2020
Eulalia:

Who is mummy? Hm..

Abeg no vex..no slap am abeg. cry

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
Under16:

Abeg no vex..no slap am abeg. cry

The guy with the weird dish. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by poshestmina(f): 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
Munzy14:

hot leaf is uziza leaf in Igbo.

The seed is the famous black pepper seed..widely used in culinary.

utazi is bush buck....G.latifolium.

Please clarify if I'm wrong!
There are two types of Uziza ...One is hot and one isn't ( Uziza Ngwa) .
I add it in all foods ,beans including for the taste kiss kiss kiss.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Under16: 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
Munzy14:

cheesy Uziza leaf in noodle wow!

Experimental wonders....it will sure add spice to the meal.
You sabi something!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Under16: 8:27pm On Jul 21, 2020
Eulalia:

The guy with the weird dish. grin

Weird? The originators of that leaf might be using it to cook foods other than your "Nigeria soups" only.

Imagine using the leaf to bake bread/cook pasta etc somewhr in Italy or India grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
poshestmina:

Please clarify if I'm wrong!
There are two types of Uziza ...One is hot and one isn't ( Uziza Ngwa) .
I add it in all foods ,beans including for the taste kiss kiss kiss.
Av not heard about it. Most times you know these things do have species...And again, some are natural(organically) grown, while some are synthetic fertilizer help me.

Those naturally grown, usually have more of the natural products and retains the bio active compounds than those whose growth and harvest time was stimulated with synthetic fertilizers.

You also notice this in our scotch bonnet pepper..Some comes with good flavour and hotter than some.

Ngwa people of Abia state are known to be home of vegetables and theirs are unique because they use compost and poultry droppings mainly...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2020
Under16:

Weird? The originators of that leaf might be using it to cook foods other than your "Nigeria soups" only.

Imagine using the leaf to bake bread/cook pasta etc somewhr in Italy or India grin
We are blessed with lots of things needed for healthy life, but our copy copy and importation of western life, has made some of us who like the local dish being tagged bush, or ancient.

Most of us Nigerians are stereotyped...

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
Under16:

Bread? See your life? Weirdo.

Pasta is still understandable but definitely not bread.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by poshestmina(f): 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2020
Munzy14:

Av not heard about it. Most times you know these things do have species...And again, some are natural(organically) grown, while some are synthetic fertilizer help me.

Those naturally grown, usually have more of the natural products and retains the bio active compounds than those whose growth and harvest time was stimulated with synthetic fertilizers.

You also notice this in our scotch bonnet pepper..Some comes with good flavour and hotter than some.

Ngwa people of Abia state are known to be home of vegetables and theirs are unique because they use compost and poultry droppings mainly...

Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by karli4nia(m): 10:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
pocohantas:

Hahahaha. Buy a cake for us to chop jare. Happy birthday to you. Let’s eat noodles while we look for cake.

NNE, I dey kwam Lekki next week..
Make I for come chop this kind well garnished and spiced noodles, with strawberry Hollandia yoghurt before I blow back to mainland.

Hunger weh wan end me the other day weh I dey Lekki, I no see snack buy..alomst lost consciousness behind d wheel.. I for think am to call you NNE.. No vex.. wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:08am On Jul 22, 2020
Eulalia:

What shall we call this one with those electrifying colors? mehnnn...."electrifying rice"

Colorful and "brighterful".

I wish to be like you when I marry o. cheesy
Thanks Dear kiss

But why don't you start now?... For me still single.. I think the earlier you start the better wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:13am On Jul 22, 2020
Hathor5:

Beautiful and salty I guess, right?
Thanks.

Not salty, because I did not add extra salt.. Just little water from the spaghetti which already have salt.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:16am On Jul 22, 2020
chaarly:
Freshly squeezed orange juice.
NO ADDED SUGAR smiley

Omoh, I squeeze 4 baskets of orange laidis.
(#250 per basket in Bwari Abuja on market days. On a non market day, it's #900. Lmao)
I need an iPhone sad

How much is a basket of orange in your area? cheesy
Please Bro I need like three bottle. Thanks

I guess it was a free day for you.. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:18am On Jul 22, 2020
Under16:
Has anyone used hot leaves to cook any other food other than soups? grin Anyone?
Try something new grin

Presenting Hamalayas Fried Noodles grin

Ingredients:
Scotch bonnet
Onion
Margarine
Two wings of hot leaves grin
Smoked fish
This will go well with soft Bread.... just open the bread and put the noodles inside.

Nice one Boss cool

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Under16: 6:06am On Jul 22, 2020
Prestonn:

This will go well with soft Bread.... just open the bread and put the noodles inside.

Nice one Boss cool

Senior man! Thank

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 6:29am On Jul 22, 2020
Under16:

Senior man! Thank
You're welcome wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Queenslander(f): 7:23am On Jul 22, 2020
This page is getting lame,. Wassap? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (2297) (2298) (2299) (2300) (2301) (2302) (2303) ... (3481) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.