Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,399 members, 7,843,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5803283 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2299) (2300) (2301) (2302) (2303) (2304) (2305) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 8:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
Queenslander:
Dinner!!
The beef sauce looks great kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2020
Prestonn:

cheesy Thanks Dear.

Welcome.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Queenslander(f): 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2020
cutiereborn:

The beef sauce looks great kiss
Awww, thankss dear..

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2020
Wow everyone has done a great cooking today
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Missyajoke(f): 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2020
cutiereborn:

This is how it looks.
Sorry for the late reply, just took a picture now.

Looks like tumeric

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AngelicBeing: 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2020
Prestonn:
kitchen

Quick one for the culture.

I present to you this lovely and delicious Biter leaf soup (Ofe Onugbu)

INGREDIENTS

â—ŹBeef
â—ŹTrippa
â—ŹFish
â—ŹStock Fish
â—ŹCocoyam
â—ŹCrayfish
â—ŹPepper
â—ŹPalm oil
â—ŹBitter leaves
â—ŹSalt

Cocina Africana tongue
cool

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Darkseid(m): 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2020
Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner, all in one
Ogbono soup with homemade zobo drink.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omooba969(m): 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
RentedReality:

I'll try my best.

It taste like goat meat but with a bovine texture to the meat. The scent and the taste both congregate at the base of your nostril, interrupted only by the fatty crunch of its meat

Torment version10 cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 12:48am On Jul 23, 2020
Dinner:
Moin moin, Coleslaw, and BBQ grilled Chicken.

Also made Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies for the next few days.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kizwid(m): 1:08am On Jul 23, 2020
Petyprincess:
Amala dudu,okro,catfish and turkey for dinner smiley
please call me when next you are eating this package with ewedu..
thank you in advance
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 6:56am On Jul 23, 2020
cococandy:
I dreamed of afang soup last night. cry
Come to my house,i can cook the Yoruba version for you grin kiss

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Petyprincess(f): 6:57am On Jul 23, 2020
kizwid:

please call me when next you are eating this package with ewedu..
thank you in advance
Manage this then grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Under16: 7:21am On Jul 23, 2020
GboyegaD:
Dinner:

Nice one. This your moimoi come resemble sliced bread. looks so much like itgrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ImaIma1(f): 9:19am On Jul 23, 2020
pocohantas:
Late post;

Pic 1: Assorted stew
Pic 2: Moinmoin about to be cooked. I don’t wanna give up on wrapping with leaf. I’ll keep doing it, till I perfect it. grin

Yeah. When you keep wrapping, you become good at it. You can't imagine who I learnt to wrap moimoi from...lol
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kizwid(m): 9:23am On Jul 23, 2020
Petyprincess:
Manage this then grin
thank you lady. i love the way your serve your food

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 9:54am On Jul 23, 2020
ImaIma1:

Yeah. When you keep wrapping, you become good at it. You can't imagine who I learnt to wrap moimoi from...lol

Your husband?

That is why I don’t wanna stop. If I do 10, 2 would leak small, 1 will almost scatter. Not too bad for a rookie wrapper.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2020
Under16:

Nice one. This your moimoi come resemble sliced bread. looks so much like itgrin

It was baked in a baking pan.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Under16: 10:05am On Jul 23, 2020
GboyegaD:

It was baked in a baking pan.

Nice. I just remembered my meat pie moimoi as soon as i saw yours o. Now i have moimoi cravings cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Under16: 10:07am On Jul 23, 2020
pocohantas:

Your husband?

That is why I don’t wanna stop. If I do 10, 2 would leak small, 1 will almost scatter. Not too bad for a rookie wrapper.
Come is it that u wont show us d pic of the moimoi or what? Let's also see d shape d moimoi took too.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 10:19am On Jul 23, 2020
Under16:

Come is it that u wont show us d pic of the moimoi or what? Let's also see d shape d moimoi took too.

Lmao. Sorry about that. It looked nothing like your meatpie-moinmoin. I wasn’t hands-on to take a picture, but it looked like this...

The attached picture is mine too.

21 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kinah(f): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2020
pocohantas:
Late post;

Pic 1: Assorted stew
Pic 2: Moinmoin about to be cooked. I don’t wanna give up on wrapping with leaf. I’ll keep doing it, till I perfect it. grin

Thumb up to you jare
Team we can do all things through Christ who strengthens Us.
Your wrapping looks Pro.
I started learning my self when He drop the rule no leaf no moin moin.
And am good at it now. Whenever I want to buy, I get broad leaves.

He eventually bought moin moin pan when he realized that the place we get the leave is far and with my busy schedule. So now we can prepare moin moin if we crave for it even in the middle of the night

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BoleAndFish: 10:27am On Jul 23, 2020
GboyegaD:
Dinner:

Ive been seeing this 'Coleslaw' here and there in this thread. Is it like another name for salad or it's different from the salad we know here?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 10:27am On Jul 23, 2020
kinah:

Thumb up to you jare
Team we can do all things through Christ who strengthens Us.
Your wrapping looks Pro.
I started learning my self when He drop the rule no leaf no moin moin.
And am good at it now. Whenever I want to buy, I get broad leaves.

He eventually bought moin moin pan when he realized that the place we get the leave is far and with my busy schedule. So now we can prepare moin moin if we crave for it even in the middle of the night

Thanks sis, but broad leaves are scarce. Sometimes I see them, most times I don’t.

Whenever I bend the leaf ehn, it cracks and creates a hole that leads to spilling- why?

It actually looks good or it was good, just that I am usually paranoid while doing it. I hate to be like that in the kitchen. grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2020
BoleAndFish:
Ive been seeing this 'Coleslaw' here and there in this thread. Is it like another name for salad or it's different from the salad we know here?

In my opinion, it is a variation of salad. Just the way you have the garden salad (lettuce and other vegetables of choice), Ceasar (lettuce, croutons, cheese, bacon beats), Greek (lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, onions, Feta cheese, olives etc). Coleslaw also has its variations however, this is one of the basic ones.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 10:46am On Jul 23, 2020
Petyprincess:

Come to my house,i can cook the Yoruba version for you grin kiss
cheesy smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BoleAndFish: 10:46am On Jul 23, 2020
GboyegaD:

In my opinion, it is a variation of salad. Just the way you have the garden salad (lettuce and other vegetables of choice), Ceasar (lettuce, croutons, cheese, bacon beats), Greek (lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, onions, Feta cheese, olives etc). Coleslaw also has its variations however, this is one of the basic ones.
Wow thanks.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iamoyindamola(m): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2020
Queenslander:
Dinner!!
lovely kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kinah(f): 11:35am On Jul 23, 2020
[quote author=pocohantas post=92012880]

You need to first bend the line in the middle. Peel it open
It makes the leave flexible to wrap and bend.
That's where the nutrient of the leave is.

Then fold the bottom end to the back and bend to form a cone..
The leave must not be pest infected(pest drill hole) or old.

For small leaves. Use two. Both inside facing each others, it allows plenty room for the batter.
Then wrap
Hop you understand small?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kinah(f): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2020
Interesting facts. Moi moi leaves contain a sweet protein called thaumatin. This would explain why moin moin steamed in leaves taste better than those made in anything else.

Peel that spot in the pan a little
To release the nutrients in the leave

So fold turn it back
Trust me e no go leak.
@pocohantas

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Amorprincesa24: 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2020
What did you add that made it red?
pocohantas:

Lmao. Sorry about that. It looked nothing like your meatpie-moinmoin. I wasn’t hands-on to take a picture, but it looked like this...

The attached picture is mine too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2299) (2300) (2301) (2302) (2303) (2304) (2305) ... (3485) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.