Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5778312 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2639) (2640) (2641) (2642) (2643) (2644) (2645) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:17pm On May 22, 2021
Romanoff:
Please, this question is for abroad folks, what are the qualities and uses of these peppers and which do we have in Nigeria?

1. Paprika
2. Jalapenos
3. Chilli
4. Habaneros
5. Serrano
6. Poblanos
7. Cayenne
8. Shishito.

I know the most common pepper we have in Naija is the Scotch Bonnet.

I'd like to learn more about the listed peppers.
I don't live abroad but lemme answer.
Paprika is mostly used for its colour, it is not that hot.
Chilli is that pepper we call shombo in 9ja. It is long. Kindly see the attached image. Those are the chilli I harvested from my garden. I used them to make paprika powder.
Habanero is what is called Ata rodo in 9ja. It is the normal hot pepper they sell with tomato
Cayenne is the same as habanero. Some people call it Scotch bonnet too.

I don't know about the others

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 8:17pm On May 22, 2021
Akposy:
understand
How do you make tour crepes

Just the same way I make my pancakes except that I add more milk to make the consistency more running and I add vanilla extract for some sweetness. Then you pour them into your skillet as you would pancakes on medium hear for about 2 minutes on one side and another one and half minute on the other.

For the fillings, I usually use apples and lemon juice to get some tartness. Like today, I made my compote by dicing my apple and mango, added some sugar, orange juice, and lemon and boil until the liquid is evaporated and the apples soft.

To fill it, I put some peanut butter, put some of the compote on it, and wrap it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:25pm On May 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

grin

...but seriously, what does it take for one to be called a chef?
As long as one can shaa whip up a decent meal abi? cheesy

As far as I'm concerned, I'm shaa a chef. grin
Wetin I go answer before? A cook? Never! grin
Lol at the last paragraph cheesy cheesy

A chef is one who's trained in culinary art from a certified culinary school...I guess
There are different types of chef. Cuisine/pastry/dessert/ice cream at all

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:41pm On May 22, 2021
Akposy:

I used my air fryer. It doesn't need oil. I just put it in, set it to the needed temp and let it do its job

Air fryers are bomb

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 9:07pm On May 22, 2021
Akposy:

I used my air fryer. It doesn't need oil. I just put it in, set it to the needed temp and let it do its job

I have an air fryer too. I never knew plantain would/could come out so nice of it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 9:27pm On May 22, 2021
Akposy:

Lol at the last paragraph cheesy cheesy

A chef is one who's trained in culinary art from a certified culinary school...I guess
There are different types of chef. Cuisine/pastry/dessert/ice cream at all
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 9:36pm On May 22, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kinah(f): 2:38am On May 23, 2021
Akposy:

I don't live abroad but lemme answer.
Paprika is mostly used for its colour, it is not that hot.
Chilli is that pepper we call shombo in 9ja. It is long. Kindly see the attached image. Those are the chilli I harvested from my garden. I used them to make paprika powder.
Habanero is what is called Ata rodo in 9ja. It is the normal hot pepper they sell with tomato
Cayenne is the same as habanero. Some people call it Scotch bonnet too.

I don't know about the others

Habanero Is same with scotch bonnet
Check.
Chilli has different species long and short

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 5:12am On May 23, 2021
Dinner:
Coconut rice and beans, roasted vegetables, beef, and chicken.

18 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 6:45am On May 23, 2021
Village kitchen

Noodles
Indomie chicken flavour

Happy Sunday my beautiful people ❤

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tillaman(m): 7:53am On May 23, 2021
Prestonn:
Village kitchen

Noodles
Indomie chicken flavour

hi chef Preston
are those stuffs salami or moimoin?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 8:09am On May 23, 2021
tillaman:
hi chef Preston
Salami

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 10:38am On May 23, 2021
All delivered this weekend.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LordReed(m): 10:58am On May 23, 2021
mariahAngel:

Wow! These are really nicely done. Weh don ma!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iamyemiakins(m): 12:00pm On May 23, 2021
tillaman:
hi chef Preston
Which one be salami again?

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Halcyon123(f): 12:04pm On May 23, 2021
Beautiful kiss kiss kiss
mariahAngel:
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Halcyon123(f): 12:06pm On May 23, 2021
I don get new hobby. Yesterday was banana bread(sorry didn't get to snap it). Did two variants wheat banana bread and plain flour
Today na coconut cake .

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 12:18pm On May 23, 2021
Halcyon123:
Beautiful kiss kiss kiss

Thank you dear. smiley

Halcyon123:
I don get new hubby. Yesterday was banana bread(sorry didn't get to snap it). Did two variants wheat banana bread and plain flour
Today na coconut cake .

I ❤ how brown they look.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 12:19pm On May 23, 2021
LordReed:

Wow! These are really nicely done. Weh don ma!

Thank you sah! cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Halcyon123(f): 12:20pm On May 23, 2021
Thanks ma
mariahAngel:

Thank you dear. smiley

I ❤ how brown they look.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 2:24pm On May 23, 2021
No stress : Pizza Sunday

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MissSlimbody(f): 3:03pm On May 23, 2021
Shey I will not come and visit you laidis embarassed
GboyegaD:
Dinner:
Coconut rice and beans, roasted vegetables, beef, and chicken.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 3:38pm On May 23, 2021
MissSlimbody:
Shey I will not come and visit you laidis embarassed

If you are in my neighborhood, you are welcome.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 3:44pm On May 23, 2021
Halcyon123:
I don get new hubby. Yesterday was banana bread(sorry didn't get to snap it). Did two variants wheat banana bread and plain flour
Today na coconut cake .

mariahAngel:

Nice job well done.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 3:45pm On May 23, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Looks great.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MissSlimbody(f): 4:16pm On May 23, 2021
embarassed embarassed
... not in your neighborhood.

GboyegaD:

If you are in my neighborhood, you are welcome.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 4:17pm On May 23, 2021
MissSlimbody:
embarassed embarassed
... not in your neighborhood.

Eyah
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 4:39pm On May 23, 2021
GboyegaD:

Nice job well done.

Thank you smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 4:41pm On May 23, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Cheesy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 5:48pm On May 23, 2021
cococandy:

Air fryers are bomb
Yes ma. The only issue is it consumes power

GboyegaD:

Just the same way I make my pancakes except that I add more milk to make the consistency more running and I add vanilla extract for some sweetness. Then you pour them into your skillet as you would pancakes on medium hear for about 2 minutes on one side and another one and half minute on the other.

For the fillings, I usually use apples and lemon juice to get some tartness. Like today, I made my compote by dicing my apple and mango, added some sugar, orange juice, and lemon and boil until the liquid is evaporated and the apples soft.

To fill it, I put some peanut butter, put some of the compote on it, and wrap it.
Thanks. I may try it soon
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 5:51pm On May 23, 2021
kinah:

Habanero Is same with scotch bonnet
Check.
Chilli has different species long and short
Yes

Hathor5:

I have an air fryer too. I never knew plantain would/could come out so nice of it. cheesy
It does. I used the fried option and turned to the other side at half time

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 5:55pm On May 23, 2021
Prestonn:
Village kitchen

Noodles
Indomie chicken flavour

Yummy. I love the chop sticks, I no sabi use am sha. Is that spinach? Mine are struggling to grow

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2639) (2640) (2641) (2642) (2643) (2644) (2645) ... (3482) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: esof1(f), kingbee90 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.