Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,818 members, 7,820,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2717) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5762598 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2714) (2715) (2716) (2717) (2718) (2719) (2720) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bomgirl(f): 5:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
[quote author=mariahAngel post=104789266]

Ok. What you’re going to do is you either buy just fresh tomatoes, blend and boil, then mix with your already cooked stew, or you use tomato paste (if you don’t mind) to balance up the pepper. [/quot

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by IVORY2009(m): 5:10pm On Aug 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

You’re welcome.

I quickly had to get a scale when I once baked a cake with too much sugar. cheesy

I think with the help of the scale, one should get the exact measurements, to avoid unnecessary causely mistake.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by IVORY2009(m): 5:13pm On Aug 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

I really don’t like that “pie cutter” cheesy
I bought a pack, but I’m almost regretting buying it.
I’d rather use the lid of a small pot to cut out the pastry, add the filling, then fold with my hands and press with a fork. grin

I equally did same too, using a sliver cover to cut, that cutter was something else, I was almost crying, three times, it failed, before I could remember to use another method, Amazon must return my money! grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 5:15pm On Aug 14, 2021
IVORY2009:

I equally did same too, using a sliver cover to cut, that cutter was something else, I was almost crying, three times, it failed, before I could remember to use another method, Amazon must return my money! grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin
The good old way is always better.

IVORY2009:

I think with the help of the scale, one should get the exact measurements, to avoid unnecessary causely mistake.

You should.
It is very necessary...especially if you love baking.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bomgirl(f): 5:17pm On Aug 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

Ok. What you’re going to do is you either buy just fresh tomatoes, blend and boil, then mix with your already cooked stew, or you use tomato paste (if you don’t mind) to balance up the pepper.

Okay. Thank you so much. I'll use tin tomatoes cos fresh tomatoes will be hard to get by this time. I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by IVORY2009(m): 5:19pm On Aug 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin
The good old way is always better.

Smiles grin

You should.
It is very necessary...especially if you love baking.

I actually love pastries, but I must confess, it really really takes time, effort and patience. I easily give up, wen it not going my way!

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 5:19pm On Aug 14, 2021
Bomgirl:

Okay. Thank you so much. I'll use tin tomatoes cos fresh tomatoes will be hard to get by this time. I appreciate

You’re welcome dear.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 5:21pm On Aug 14, 2021
IVORY2009:

I actually love pastries, but I must confess, it really really takes time, effort and patience. I easily give up, wen it not going my way!

It is always worth it at the end. Especially if you have people to share them with.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by IVORY2009(m): 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

It is always worth it at the end. Especially if you have people to share them with.

That's right...... grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MJ01: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

These are the kind Mj01 and I were referring to...

I fried them a bit, then spiced and seasoned and enjoyed them that way. Deliciously spicy!

I'm going to try this method soooooon

Thanks for the mention smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

Breaking is good (in pastry dough) as it mean there’s enough butter/margarine.
When your pastry dough is not breaking, it won’t come out crumbly.
You just have to handle carefully, and not over knead to avoid activating the gluten (which makes it stretchy).
I thought the butter is not enough.

I always love mine stretchy and it always come out good.
What do I know grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2021
descarado:

I thought the butter is not enough.

I always love mine stretchy and it always come out good.
What do I know grin

Stretchy dough is for bread, bread rolls or donuts. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2021
MJ01:

I'm going to try this method soooooon

Thanks for the mention smiley

You’re welcome.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by adecz: 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2021
✌️✌️ Roasted Catfish on the menu ✌️✌️

▶️⏩ Neighborhood joint ☺️☺️☺️

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 7:17pm On Aug 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

Stretchy dough is for bread, bread rolls or donuts. cheesy

Eeew! cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 9:04pm On Aug 14, 2021
descarado:

Eeew! cheesy

You hardly like anything.

I’ll bake you lots of cakes, so you can eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner! grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Legitdimple(f): 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2021
Lunch earlier

29 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by babythug(f): 10:34pm On Aug 14, 2021
1.Chickpeas and chicken
2. Spicy efo riro and fufu

23 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 8:06am On Aug 15, 2021
mariahAngel:

You hardly like anything.

I’ll bake you lots of cakes, so you can eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner! grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I will eat because of you kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 10:50am On Aug 15, 2021
descarado:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I will eat because of you kiss kiss kiss

cheesy

Happy Sunday nne. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 10:51am On Aug 15, 2021
babythug:
1.Chickpeas and chicken
2. Spicy efo riro and fufu

I’m curious about chickpeas...what is the taste like?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by babythug(f): 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2021
mariahAngel:

I’m curious about chickpeas...what is the taste like?

Similar to beans but crunchy. It doesn’t really get soft/mashed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 1:31pm On Aug 15, 2021
babythug:

Similar to beans but crunchy. It doesn’t really get soft/mashed

Oh!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2021
Jollofication

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2021
Akposy:
Jollofication

You should own a restaurant.
You can start by partnering with someone.
I believe in your talent.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2021
From Ghana all da way to Nigeria with loveeee kiss kiss.
This was super delicious to our taste buds @[b][/b].
Petyprincess, do you like Ghanaian foods?
If yes, come join us kiss

For those that wants to know what this food really is,
We try breaking it down below......
Waakye (popularly called Wanke in Nigeria) is a Ghanaian dish of cooked rice and beans, commonly. The rice and beans, usually black eyed peas or cow beans, are cooked together, along with red dried sorghum leaf sheaths or stalks and limestone.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LoverOfLove: 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2021
post=104817209:
From Ghana all da way to Nigeria with loveeee kiss kiss.
This was super delicious to our taste buds @[b][/b].
Petyprincess, do you like Ghanaian foods?
If yes, come join us kiss

For those that wants to know what this food really is,
We try breaking it down below......
Waakye (popularly called Wanke in Nigeria) is a Ghanaian dish of cooked rice and beans, commonly. The rice and beans, usually black eyed peas or cow beans, are cooked together, along with red dried sorghum leaf sheaths or stalks and limestone.

Do you know any vendor that makes and sells wanke in Lagos??

I'm gonna cry if you say no embarassed

I'm gonna faint if you say no lipsrsealed

Wanke my love cry

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2021
LoverOfLove:

Do you know any vendor that makes and sells wanke in Lagos??

I'm gonna cry if you say no embarassed

I got faint if you say no lipsrsealed

Wanke my love cry
Lol cheesy
Please don't cry or faint o.

W1e make Wanke for clients too @MANNA.
But we just learnt how to make that tho
But for the professional Ghanaian Wanke makers that have been doing this for decades

Here you have it.
Iya Wanke Foods, one of the best Wanke place in Lasgidi.
0805 632 5871

Address
Ishaga Bus Stop, Ishaga
4 James Street
Ifako-Ijaiye
Lagos.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 2Lynx(m): 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2021
Prestonn:
Village kitchen

What more could you ask for

Freshly made al dente linguine and juicy prawns. One thing i like about fresh pasta is that it absorb ingredients. tongue

PASTA INGREDIENTS
●Flour
●Eggs

One thing I like about you is your pictures, the way you handle the lightning, compositions the backdrop, mehn you are good.
Can you post the process for making the pasta?
And that wooden top is all I need

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Toeyean1507(f): 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2021
My first attempt at ofe nsala.......I couldn't get cocoyam or yam so I used offor instead. Catfish wasn't available too so I opted for turkey.........I believe I tried na.

16 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cousin9999: 3:49pm On Aug 15, 2021

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2021
IVORY2009:

They said when tailor spoil cloth he is sewing, it become new style.
If didn't go as planned, convert that to something else. All na food. cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2714) (2715) (2716) (2717) (2718) (2719) (2720) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.