Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5748667 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2021
ritaprincess:
Oats,milk, cucumber and carrots..I ate all this in a less than a minute,my love for oats won't kill me. grin
I envy you.
Oat is something I can never get used to eating like this. The only way I eat oat is swallow. It is a very nice food. If you can get rolled oat, that's even better.

Maybe I have to come live with you kiss

Sometimes I wonder why we keep on making pounded yam when we can easily make oat foofoo. Pounded yam is one of the deadliest food we eat as Nigerians. Number one cause of diabetics among people that it is their traditional food.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by gammarays(m): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2021
gammarays:
I decided to try this to see how it'll look like.

Follow the full story below

https://wildwolf.xyz/the-food-i-saw-versus-the-food-i-cooked/
Thread about this

https://www.nairaland.com/6725320/food-saw-versus-food-cooked
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ritaprincess: 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2021
descarado:

I envy you.
Oat is something I can never get used to eating like this. The only way I eat oat is swallow. It is a very nice food. If you can get rolled oat, that's even better.

Sometimes I wonder why we keep on making pounded yam when we can easily make oat foofoo. Pounded yam is one of the deadliest food we eat as Nigerians. Number one cause of diabetics among people that it is their traditional food.
I really enjoy eating oats,it is my best food,I also enjoy oat swallow,it is better than garri,fufu and other swallow that are dangerous to the health. I remember then when I use to take eba,I would always feel heavy and lazy but with oat it is different,I feel light after taking it,the only downside is that it is expensive.
Most people don't care about their health,all they know is to eat anything that looks like food. If you tell them that pounded yam is bad,they will tell you that their forefathers ate it and lived to an old age but they forget that men of old worked hard on their farms from morning till night and most times they eat their food with lots of vegetables,and they take herbs from time to time.I just hope one day people will realize that what they eat plays a major role in how healthy you are.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omooba969(m): 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
Happy Sunday grin

mariahAngel you can have the fried plantain. grin

41 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
Liposure:
I commiserate with you

These sugar glazed doughnuts more than made up for the loss. grin

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2021
ritaprincess:

I really enjoy eating oats,it is my best food,I also enjoy oat swallow,it is better than garri,fufu and other swallow that are dangerous to the health. I remember then when I use to take eba,I would always feel heavy and lazy but with oat it is different,I feel light after taking it,the only downside is that it is expensive.
Most people don't care about their health,all they know is to eat anything that looks like food. If you tell them that pounded yam is bad,they will tell you that their forefathers ate it and lived to an old age but they forget that men of old worked hard on their farms from morning till night and most times they eat their food with lots of vegetables,and they take herbs from time to time.I just hope one day people will realize that what they eat plays a major role in how healthy you are.
kiss kiss

Oat is imported. I think that's why. But.......,

It can be mixed with corn flour( coarse)

I also pray we start eating right. Our health care is nothing to be proud of. We only help ourselves by eating healthy to stay healthy. Na began dey do medical tourism.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SamJones3: 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
Hi! I was just stunned by all the photos that were posted here. I really like this. But I don't know how to cook. I love sweets very much and even tried to cook something myself, but I didn't succeed. And then I found a website and found out about chocolate and love: sea salt chocolate and was delighted with it. Because it's very tasty and now I want to give boxes to my friends all the time.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2021
True and worst is the lack of portion control we do. You can see how huge the pounded yam, eba, fufu, amala, rice, beans etc we display - very unhealthy for us.
For example
1 slice of bread and a little bit of what ever you are eating with it is all every one's body need per meal.

Yet, one person can finish a bread loft with beans which is another carbs. Food for 3 meals are eaten at a meal setting. It is not true if you think you won't be satisfied eating a slice of bread, a tiny swallow, a tiny rice etc

descarado:

I envy you.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 4:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
I think this is the right place to do that - create awareness about food. Food is good - the nutrients are needed. Food can poison us overtime if one is not careful with portions.

1 small puff puff is enough grin not two or three grin
Coke and rice meal combo - very unhealthy.

descarado:

kiss kiss

Oat is imported. I think that's why. But.......,

It can be mixed with corn flour( coarse)

I also pray we start eating right. Our health care is nothing to be proud of. We only help ourselves by eating healthy to stay healthy. Na began dey do medical tourism.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mrsoft3(m): 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
Akposy:
I had to remake my peppered puff puff. It tasted heavenly. I hope I don't get addicted.

Who's trying the recipe this weekend? It's not hard. You guys should try and post pics na

Please give me the recipe, let me try something new

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by favelli(m): 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
armyofone:
I think this is the right place to do that - create awareness about food. Food is good - the nutrients are needed. Food can poison us overtime if one is not careful with portions.

1 small puff puff is enough grin not two or three grin
Coke and rice meal combo - very unhealthy.

Haba, 1 puff puff? cry wouldn't it be better to abstain completely? I mean the first 2 puff puff's na for testing lol. Before the real work start.

Or a your advising a certain class of people? Because me am looking to add weight sef

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2021
For everyone - anything more than 1 puff puff is too much no matter how slim you think you are.

Not only the sugar but the carbs content in 1 puff puff will shock you!

Abstaining is not the problem but how much / how many you are eating at a given setting.

It adds up overtime. We have to be careful with food grin

favelli:

Haba, 1 puff puff? cry wouldn't it be better to abstain completely? I mean the first 2 puff puff's na for testing lol. Before the real work start.

Or a your advising a certain class of people? Because me am looking to add weight sef
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by favelli(m): 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
armyofone:
For everyone - anything more than 1 puff puff is too much no matter how slim you think you are.

Not only the sugar but the carbs content in 1 puff puff will shock you!

Abstaining is not the problem but how much / how many you are eating at a given setting.
It adds up overtime.

Hmm, okay. So am guessing bread is also very bad for our health then
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2021
Anything refined is - just watch out for portions.

favelli:

Hmm, okay. So am guessing bread is also very bad for our health then
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
armyofone:
True and worst is the lack of portion control we do. You can see how huge the pounded yam, eba, fufu, amala, rice, beans etc we display - very unhealthy for us.
For example
1 slice of bread and a little bit of what ever you are eating with it is all every one's body need per meal.

Yet, one person can finish a bread loft with beans which is another carbs. Food for 3 meals are eaten at a meal setting. It is not true if you think you won't be satisfied eating a slice of bread, a tiny swallow, a tiny rice etc

I am struggling with portion control too. The body just need little and that's OK. The rest is stored as fat.
We eat like glutton and call it living large.
We will learn.
I even bought portion plate grin
In fact, let me get pictures here of what we are talking about
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2021
These 2 are more than 2000 calories. That's more than a man's body need in a day grin.
We have not added all these our orange flavoured drinks we call orange juice. A glass is more than 100 calories.
We will survive.
We always do.
Agbo dey grin

16 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SeaTrade(m): 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2021
Had to unwind a little,
It was beginning to look like the stress was winning angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Teespice(f): 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
Per potion control.

I am not sure we are ready for this conversation.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 10:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
mariahAngel:

Eze ùtò.
Nne, name things used to make naija sugar spice biko kiss
I have done it before but I have forgotten what I used. Bought one,was wondering if its suya spice cheesy. Money wasted.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 9:58am On Aug 30, 2021
descarado:

Eze ùtò.
Nne, name things used to make naija sugar spice biko kiss
I have done it before but I have forgotten what I used. Bought one,was wondering if its suya spice cheesy. Money wasted.
cheesy

To be honest, I’ve never really bothered to try to make it.
I prefer the authentic one mixed by the northerners, so I buy from them.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by IVORY2009(m): 10:20am On Aug 30, 2021
mariahAngel:

Nicely baked grin I will try this SOMEDAY!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sparklinglyte(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2021
Please come join me

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Sparklinglyte(m): 10:48am On Aug 30, 2021
Amazing

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2021
IVORY2009:

Nicely baked grin I will try this SOMEDAY!

They were not baked, they were fried on a low heat. cheesy
Thanks.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by IVORY2009(m): 11:34am On Aug 30, 2021
mariahAngel:

They were not baked, they were fried on a low heat. cheesy
Thanks.

Really, I thought they were baked ooo this is absolutely surprising, but I can bake it right? grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2021
IVORY2009:

Really, I thought they were baked ooo this is absolutely surprising, but I can bake it right? grin

Yes, you can bake them.
They become bread when you bake them though.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by adecz: 2:41pm On Aug 30, 2021
⏩ ☺️ Something light .... ✌️✌️✌️

17 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by IVORY2009(m): 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2021
mariahAngel:

Yes, you can bake them.
They become bread when you bake them though.

Okay Thanks wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by simplepee(f): 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2021
Egusi.....

Is it only me that mixes "uziza and ugu" to make egusi?? Love love it kiss

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2021
I am too - my long throat grin but I'm improving and promised myself to continue to do better grin

We eat over 4,000 calories a day without knowing it.

descarado:

I am struggling with portion control too. The body just need little and that's OK. The rest is stored as fat.
We eat like glutton and call it living large.
We will learn.
I even bought portion plate grin
In fact, let me get pictures here of what we are talking about
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by J2381: 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2021
SeaTrade:
Had to unwind a little,
It was beginning to look like the stress was winning angry
Grant's Whiskey?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by adecz: 8:43pm On Aug 30, 2021
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) ... (3477) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dollyjoy(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.