Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2971) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5769120 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2968) (2969) (2970) (2971) (2972) (2973) (2974) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Tranquility2345: 7:55am On Apr 30, 2022
aboyaji:
I've noticed something unique over time here.

I've seen Yoruba food posted here and have as well salivated to some. Only some and not the ewedu soup please (no pun intended)... I'm serious.

I've posted and seen Igbo people food too with enough garnishing. Infact, our meals are very lovely.

I've seen akwaibom too. Those people soup are the bomb... Ewoo! I can't admire enough.

I've seen etc too.

But why are we lacking in Hausa foods here? Kedu ihe na-eme di sef? Wetin dey happen? Let's see those nice dishes (I mean only nice ones o) from the North.

Guy I don’t mean to be rude but you post some of the most ‘not so appealing’ food pictures on this thread. Your food pictures and their presentation are not better than the ewedu person’s….

Also, you need to learn how to use ‘no pun intended’. You clearly do not know what it means from the way you have used it. Shalom!

24 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:15am On Apr 30, 2022
I don’t really use it either.
I got some one time and I didn’t like the smell. To me it didn’t make too much of a difference in the taste. Maybe mine wasn’t fresh? I bought from a store here. Anyway I don’t go out of my way to find it

Nuttella:
Hello guys, please can someone succulently explain to me the uses of ogiri okpei in soups and the benefits, I see people put it in their soup, but I've not really used it before cause I don't like the smell.

Cococandy
Pocohantas.
My igbo sisters, Biko kowa the thing for me. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by aboyaji(m): 8:28am On Apr 30, 2022
adecz:

I'll definitely love to take you up
on that offer ☑️☑️

Hope you know this particular spot
I described.☺️

Not particularly. But I'm sure it's close
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 30, 2022
cococandy:
I got some one time and I didn’t like the smell. To me it didn’t make too much of a difference in the taste. Maybe mine wasn’t fresh? I bought from a store here. Anyway I don’t go out of my way to find it

My issue have always been with the smell, such odor, sometimes they sell rotten ones and if you are not familiar with it, you end up cooking your soup with a rotten ogiri. Thanks.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 9:08am On Apr 30, 2022
Tranquility2345:

Guy I don’t mean to be rude but you post some of the most ‘not so appealing’ food pictures on this thread. Your food pictures and their presentation are not better than the ewedu person’s….

Also, you need to learn how to use ‘no pun intended’. You clearly do not know what it means from the way you have used it. Shalom!
Ogiri okpei like others like it is a probiotic.

In this side of the world, we don't recognise probiotics.
Google it and the benefits.

All parts of the world have one kind of fermented product they use in cooking from centuries ago.
If you go to some Asian countries, you get probiitics in drug shops.

Now, probiotic help you wade of inflammations live longer and healthier life.
No South esian cuisine is complete without all those smelly and sour stuffs. Wonder why they live longer and healthier than us kiss

Palm wine, pap water etc are examples of how we get these nutrients we neglect but our body needed desperately.

I use these(picture) and some others to make my noodles. Our version is ogiri, ogiri okpei, iru etc.
Not Maggi, knorr cube and Co.
We need those sour and stinking stuffs more than we need our rice and foofoo.

Even anything pickled. We are lucky our veggies are more like herbs.

We were not schooled enough.
No awareness on healthy nutrition.

Another area we lack is veggies.
We don't eat veggies at all.

15 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 9:15am On Apr 30, 2022
cococandy:

Nne, tell home people to dry it for you and package with anything they are sending.

Used to hate all of them. Smelly things.

Here, they eat sugar sugar sugar and chocolate.
Thanks to nhs. They wouldn't have reached 50 on average

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FutureFocus: 11:01am On Apr 30, 2022
Weekend snacks
spring rolls and pie.

Trust me, they taste even better than they look.

It’s time to hit the road smiley

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Tranquility2345: 11:31am On Apr 30, 2022
descarado:

All parts of the world have one kind of fermented product they use in cooking from centuries ago.

No South esian cuisine is complete without all those smelly and sour stuffs. Wonder why they live longer and healthier than us kiss

Palm wine, pap water etc are examples of how we get these nutrients we neglect but our body needed desperately.

I use these(picture) and some others to make my noodles. Our version is ogiri, ogiri okpei, iru etc.

Huh
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bensky: 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2022
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by rukz: 3:53pm On Apr 30, 2022
Tranquility2345:

don't take life too serious bro.

peace!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Tranquility2345: 4:11pm On Apr 30, 2022
rukz:
don't take life too serious seriously bro.

peace!

wink

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by rukz: 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2022
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 6:45pm On Apr 30, 2022
Tranquility2345:

Huh
Sorry, that post wasn't meant for you.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Atolu01: 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2022
Savory stew, Edikaikong, Swallows.

27 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 7:35pm On Apr 30, 2022
descarado:

We never use fire kill all the active good bacteria in okpei/ogiri so ?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mvena(f): 7:37pm On Apr 30, 2022
Atolu01:
Savory stew, Edikaikong, Swallows.
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2022
armyofone:

We never use fire kill all the active good bacteria in okpei/ogiri so ?
Fire don't kill these things na
Haba army cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by olabrinks(f): 8:10pm On Apr 30, 2022

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Atolu01: 8:22pm On Apr 30, 2022
Ditto.

17 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nnemuka(f): 10:45am On May 01, 2022
Oha for Sunday...
My secret cooking ingredient for a tasty meal is CRAYFISH grin grin
Soups
Stew
Indomie
porridge
peppersoup
one day I will try it in my Tea cheesy

Crayfish for king of all spices

Bring your Eba

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dollynnn(f): 10:51am On May 01, 2022
@Akposy
It's been a while. I hope all is well?
@Cococandy, I haven't been seeing your posts.
Kindly bless our screens soon, chef.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 10:53am On May 01, 2022
Ofada sweet ,but prepping the sauce na wahala

Pix 1 :Work in progress

Pix : Food is served

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:29am On May 01, 2022
Oh my cry
Nnemuka:
Oha for Sunday...
Soups
Stew
Indomie
porridge
peppersoup

Bring your Eba

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:29am On May 01, 2022
BlueRayDick:

oh my
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:30am On May 01, 2022
dollynnn:

It's been a while. I hope all is well?
@Cococandy, I haven't been seeing your posts.
Kindly bless our screens soon, chef.
Haven’t been cooking that much my dear

Hope you’re doing well
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dollynnn(f): 12:13pm On May 01, 2022
cococandy:

Haven’t been cooking that much my dear

Hope you’re doing well
Yes, thank you.
I hope you are doing well too

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by aboyaji(m): 12:35pm On May 01, 2022
BlueRayDick:

This is meat (protein) galore

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 12:51pm On May 01, 2022
dollynnn:

Yes, thank you.
I hope you are doing well too
indeed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mannasseh(m): 1:11pm On May 01, 2022
Nnemuka:
Oha for Sunday... My secret cooking ingredient for a tasty meal is CRAYFISH grin grin Soups Stew Indomie porridge peppersoup one day I will try it in my Tea cheesy
Bring your Eba
na to pack my property come ur house
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 1:16pm On May 01, 2022
aboyaji:

This is meat (protein) galore

Yeah. I also added dry bonga fish as well tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ihavethingstodo: 1:16pm On May 01, 2022
Nnemuka:
Oha for Sunday...
Soups
Stew
Indomie
porridge
peppersoup

Bring your Eba

I knack this soup with correct hot yellow eba eh, just sit down for ground dey fan myself for job weldone grin

8 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Blacckrod(f): 1:41pm On May 01, 2022
aboyaji:

For your information, I liked this food first. Can I click more likes?

Honestly, I like good real food.

Swallow, yam, beans, etc and not those foods that come with botanical names that don't hold body.

Thanks smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (2968) (2969) (2970) (2971) (2972) (2973) (2974) ... (3479) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.