Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (3256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5755969 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3253) (3254) (3255) (3256) (3257) (3258) (3259) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 11:52am On May 15, 2023
Redoil:

better, if so, come and be with me
Eeyah.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by UmmuFarrah(f): 12:49pm On May 15, 2023
ahnie:

Hi ma'am,pls what's wara?
Hello ma. It's made from cow milk. I think it's kinda synonymous to cheese
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by UmmuFarrah(f): 12:54pm On May 15, 2023
Cedarlivia:
Please how did you get the wara to stay firm without scattering in the pot? Mine scatters all the time, even when I fry them.
I didn't make this one, I don't even know how to make it but whenever I want to buy, I make sure that I choose those ones that are very firm, not the "about to scatter ones" then I boil again with salt and seasoning, allow to cool down in a sieve then fry

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 1:39pm On May 15, 2023
ahnie:
Gboskii I dey hail o.
cheesy cheesy
How pounded yam dey taste for mouth sef?
I have never eaten semo, cornflour,Amala,wheat and pounded yam in my life before.

I love my eba.

It tastes as sweet as eba. Semo isn't my thing abeg.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zoer(m): 1:43pm On May 15, 2023
UmmuFarrah:

No ma... it's made from soya beans...the complete Hausa name for it is AWARA...while Dem big boys for Yankee dey call am TOFU...

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by UmmuFarrah(f): 1:50pm On May 15, 2023
zoer:

No ma... it's made from soya beans...the complete Hausa name for it is AWARA...while Dem big boys for Yankee dey call am TOFU...
I know the one you're talking about as "beske". This one is different TOTALLY

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by UmmuFarrah(f): 1:53pm On May 15, 2023
kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 3:41pm On May 15, 2023
R and B

15 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 3:42pm On May 15, 2023
Breakfast

24 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cedarlivia(f): 3:46pm On May 15, 2023
Oh ok. Thank you dear.
UmmuFarrah:

I didn't make this one, I don't even know how to make it but whenever I want to buy, I make sure that I choose those ones that are very firm, not the "about to scatter ones" then I boil again with salt and seasoning, allow to cool down in a sieve then fry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by UmmuFarrah(f): 4:06pm On May 15, 2023
Cedarlivia:
Oh ok. Thank you dear.
You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkiee: 3:56am On May 16, 2023
UmmuFarrah:

How is that kind made please? What is added locally to cause coagulation? undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Probz(m): 4:10am On May 16, 2023
I don’t cook for the world as-such (only visiting buddies/fam. and the people lucky enough to live with me at any one time if I’m not alone) I’m all for showcasing any type of food on request for the aesthetics if nowt-else. Which one do I cook for you people now?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:24am On May 16, 2023
grin

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 6:29am On May 16, 2023
Dinner:

Beans and dodo.

25 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:05am On May 16, 2023
Home made strawberry jam with strawberries from my garden. Preserved with heat and lemon juice only

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:16am On May 16, 2023
cococandy:
I love to see all your gardening posts smiley
Thanks.. I will be posting some here

Meanwhile, these were yesterday’s harvest
Habanero (yellow & red)
Jalapeños
Purple cabbage
Grape tomato
1 strawberry, again

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:25am On May 16, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Your harvest looks so vibrant and luscious—you must have excellent soil! Will you preserve any into a pepper mash or sauce?
Thank you. I made my soil mix myself since I grow in containers (cinder blocks, clay pots, wooden boxes, poly {grow} bags). My soil mix is made up of compost, Cocopeat, sandy loam soil and animal manure.

I tried making pepper sauce with a recipe I saw online. It went well but the smell/taste of vinegar in it spoilt it for me. I will look for a recipe without vinegar

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:36am On May 16, 2023
cococandy:
Home made strawberry jam with strawberries from my garden. Persevered with heat and lemon juice only
Well done ma

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 9:38am On May 16, 2023
Jollof rice and chicken and homemade zobo

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by UmmuFarrah(f): 1:31pm On May 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
How is that kind made please? What is added locally to cause coagulation? undecided
It's a leaf called "bomu bomu" in Yoruba that they use as coagulant. I think it's almost the same process with tofu, boil the cow milk, add the leaf in small quantity, separate the solid part and drain excess liquid. It's the Fulani women's major occupation, since they get the milk easily from the cows their men rears.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 1:42pm On May 16, 2023
cryLunch
Kasdat5 coman chow bird abinchi cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kasdat5(m): 4:12pm On May 16, 2023
ahnie:
cryLunch
Kasdat5 coman chow bird abinchi cheesy

Thank you ma , na to come do internship remain for your place.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkiee: 4:23pm On May 16, 2023
UmmuFarrah:

It's a leaf called "bomu bomu" in Yoruba that they use as coagulant. I think it's almost the same process with tofu, boil the cow milk, add the leaf in small quantity, separate the solid part and drain excess liquid. It's the Fulani women's major occupation, since they get the milk easily from the cows their men rears.
Doesn't the leaf maybe turn green? Do you by any chance have a picture available of the plant? undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by UmmuFarrah(f): 4:49pm On May 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Doesn't the leaf maybe turn green? Do you by any chance have a picture available of the plant? undecided
No it doesn't. You just see little traces of greens in the wara SOMETIMES

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkiee: 4:51pm On May 16, 2023
UmmuFarrah:
No it doesn't. You just see little traces of greens in the wara SOMETIMES
So, do you blend the leaf and add without cooking or what? undecided
Do the leaves add any taste to the wara or none at all? undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:10pm On May 16, 2023
Akposy:

Thanks.. I will be posting some here

Meanwhile, these were yesterday’s harvest
Habanero (yellow & red)
Jalapeños
Purple cabbage
Grape tomato
1 strawberry, again
I love purple cabbage kiss

This harvest basket is so colorful

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:10pm On May 16, 2023
Akposy:

Well done ma
Thank you!!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kenfil(f): 6:15am On May 17, 2023
Fettuccine Alfredo kiss

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ohferanmi(f): 12:00pm On May 17, 2023
Kobojunkiee:

It is a plant called "ewe bom bom" in Yoruba.....grows as weed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 2:57pm On May 17, 2023
Dinner:

Potato bacon soup with grilled cheese.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On May 17, 2023
Ohferanmi:
It is a plant called "ewe bom bom" in Yoruba.....grows as weed
Is it sold in the market or are the seeds available for sale or what? How does one get their hands on such a plant or at least its seeds? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (3253) (3254) (3255) (3256) (3257) (3258) (3259) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: PinkNature, ikechukz(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.