Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,563 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5739829 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Acidosis(m): 8:04pm On Oct 01, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Huh? But amala is made with cassava na. Wo i'm lost jare embarassed

You can get amala from cassava (the type Yoruba people call lafun)

You can make amala with other stuffs like yam, cocoyam, etc. (this type of amala is usually darker/blacker)
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:05pm On Oct 01, 2015
Acidosis:

You can get amala from cassava (the type Yoruba people call lafun)

You can make amala with other stuffs like yam, cocoyam, etc. (this type of amala is usually darker/blacker)
Ok I get it now... the lafun is the white one she? See i am learning na tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:08pm On Oct 01, 2015
Acidosis:
This one na 10 - 0 smiley

Tuwo is made with rice (not sure *covers face). I know people mix cocoyam with yam to get pounded yam sha
Rice ke? Is Ground rice the english name for tuwo? Semo nko? Is that one also another version of akpu or pounded yam? embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Acidosis(m): 8:08pm On Oct 01, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Ok I get it now... the lafun is the white one she? See i am learning na tongue
Yes ke

good student smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Acidosis(m): 8:11pm On Oct 01, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Rice ke? Is Ground rice the english name for tuwo? Semi nko? Is that one also another version of akpu or pounded yam? embarassed
I don't know much about tuwo/ground rice

Semo is a product of processed cassava and other stuffs.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:13pm On Oct 01, 2015
Acidosis:

I don't know much about tuwo/ground rice

Semo is a product of processed cassava and other stuffs.
Other stuff like what? Mehn you don't even know what it is and you are chopping it? No wonder them mamas n papas belle dey rise like Agege bread. This is serious ooo lipsrsealed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
Foodlanders,wey una dey? Come and school me oo....i need to know these things cus the only swallow I recognise is eba,amala and pounded yam. If I sight anything else, na error I no dey chop. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Acidosis(m): 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Other stuff like what? Mehn you don't even know what it os and you are chopping it? No wonder them mamas n papas belle dey rise like Agege bread. This is serious ooo lipsrsealed
taaaah!!!
Other stuffs like preservatives grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:18pm On Oct 01, 2015
Acidosis:
taaaah!!!
Other stuffs like preservatives grin
Hian! Dem go mix baby powder join preservatives one day. No b naija again? Oh yea there's another one,Wheat. Mehn I use to think this wan na granulated oats oo... grin grin embarassed *covers face* ok i'll be the first to admit,i'm bush like that. No vex grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by urchbarbie(f): 8:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
Yh! Tuwo masara is made from rice.
Then they av Tuwo made from cassava flour too.
Idowuogbo:

Rice ke? Is Ground rice the english name for tuwo? Semo nko? Is that one also another version of akpu or pounded yam? embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:24pm On Oct 01, 2015
urchbarbie:
Oh I see...i have heard of tuwo shinkafa. I'm guessing shinkafa is made with cassava flour ba? Masara is made with rice huh? Correct?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Acidosis(m): 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Hian! Dem go mix baby powder join preservatives one day. No b naija again? Oh yea there's another one,Wheat. Mehn I use to think this wan na granulated oats oo... grin grin embarassed *covers face* ok i'll be the first to admit,i'm bush like that. No vex grin
Smh real hard

Erm, the semo depends on which brand you choose to purchase. I know Golden Penny comes with Thiamine, Vitamin A, etc (without stating the specific raw materials). Don't blame them, competition is soo high out there.

Wheat is gotten from wheat. You can either buy a branded one from Golden Penny, etc. or get the raw material (wheat), and grind. It's as simple as ABC. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by urchbarbie(f): 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Oh I see...i have heard of tuwo shinkafa. I'm guessing shinkafa is made with cassava flour ba? Masara is made with rice huh? Correct?
yh! U got it right. Tuwo Shinkafa is d rice own while masara is cassava.
Language barrier. Sometimes, I dont understnd them in d market
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
So if my friends are trying to form posh with ground rice,I can't bring them back to agbero levels and say 'oh gal which one b ground rice? You are cancelling Tuwo mehn.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2015
urchbarbie:
Hmmm....nice one! If someone vex me here now, I can say 'see as hin face swell like tuwo masara'. angry grin This masara sounds Indian tho. Masara,Masala grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2015
Acidosis:

Tuwo is made with rice (not sure *covers face). I know people mix cocoyam with yam to get pounded yam sha
Wallahi-tallahi, you and Idowuogbo na confirm olodo. Chai grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2015
Acidosis:

Smh real hard

Erm, the semo depends on which brand you choose to purchase. I know Golden Penny comes with Thiamine, Vitamin A, etc (without stating the specific raw materials). Don't blame them, competition is soo high out there.

Wheat is gotten from wheat. You can either buy a branded one from Golden Penny, etc. or get the raw material (wheat), and grind. It's as simple as ABC. smiley
But y must we turn everything to swallow? Wheat na for oats,but you 'i chop anything' agent won't stop inventing all these sumo wrestler diet. Imagine, tomorrow now one will mix egusi with eba n flour and start pounding. E go say e own na Egubaour. May God help us o!! grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cetona(f): 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2015
urchbarbie:
Tuwo is the hausa word for swallow, so, anything swallow is tuwo.
Tuwon masara is maize/corn, not cassava. Cassava is rogo. There is also tuwon dawa, made from sorghum. Tuwon gero, made from millet.

Cc Idowuogbo

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
FriedPlantain:
embarassed embarassed embarassed

I dey shame to ask sef, i for just Google the damn thing. angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
urchbarbie:

Cc Idowuogbo

Tuwo is any swallow!
Tuwo masara: is from corn
Tuwon shinkafa is from rice
Tuwon doya is from yam
Alubo is ground cassava often mixed with ground corn...
Masara: corn, shinkafa: rice, doya: yam
Just like that...

Modified: just seeing Cetona's reply. Cetona, ka/ki da kyau! Ita Urchbarbie, ta na anan ungwan hausawa fa, ama ba ta san kome ba! undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2015
Cetona:

Tuwon masara is maize/corn, not cassava. Cassava is rogo. There is also tuwon dawa, made from sorghum. Tuwon gero, made from millet.

Cc Idowuogbo
What's Sorghum? Is that not a plant? shocked shocked
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Acidosis(m): 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2015
FriedPlantain:
lol I don try
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by urchbarbie(f): 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2015
tchidi:

Cc Idowuogbo

Tuwo is any swallow!
Tuwon doya is from yam
Just like that...
u don sabi dis tin pass me o. Tnx for d clarification.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
Idowuogbo:

embarassed embarassed embarassed

I dey shame to ask sef, i for just Google the damn thing. angry

when u go post pic of your cook/ings smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by urchbarbie(f): 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
Cetona:

Cc Idowuogbo
tnx for d lecture dear wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cetona(f): 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2015
Idowuogbo:

What's Sorghum? Is that not a plant? shocked shocked

Lol, of course it is. This particular sorghum is the grain sorghum though. It is edible.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:46pm On Oct 01, 2015
tchidi:

Cc Idowuogbo

Tuwo is any swallow!
Tuwon doya is from yam
Just like that...

Modified: just seeing Cetona's reply. Cetona, ka/ki da kyau! Ita Urchbarbie, ta na anan ungwan hausawa fa, ama ba ta san kome ba! undecided
Awww...Thank you!! I get it now.... so ground rice is tuwo shinkafa.

Yorubas and igbos in the house, wetin una dey call ya own?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
Akposy thnaks and God bless you too.

Friedplantain dude you're a clown grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by rezzy: 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2015
@idowuogbo

The English name for fufu is *packet shirt*
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2015
Cetona:

Lol, of course it is. This particular sorghum is the grain sorghum though. It is edible.
Phew!! I was thinking they grind the plant and mix it with God knows what to get Tuwo dawa. Kai! We Nigerians dey chop oo!!! And then you see us yabbing chinese people whereas we sef na champion in the making. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:50pm On Oct 01, 2015
PIPnator:

when u go post pic of your cook/ings smiley smiley
Eeemmm....*scratching* I dunno. I can cook but i can't keep up with posting pics.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by urchbarbie(f): 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2015
tchidi:

Cc Idowuogbo

Tuwo is any swallow!
Tuwon doya is from yam
Just like that...

so ure now gossiping abt me in ur language angry
See why i must go back to base after dis one yr BS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (3477) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.