Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,996 members, 7,863,587 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:52 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5846276 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (3494) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 7:56am On Jan 19, 2017
loveymom:

Thanks, but I think the 3 eggs is much cos the flour is not up to a cup,. I might be wrong though, will use 2 eggs for a start. Also the flour should be 150g as well. I will reduce the sugar to 100g. 1 tbsp vanilla, it will be too strong so will use 1tsp. Will let you know how it turns out
Thanks once again.
Please do let me know how it turns out. I used 3eggs as the recipe required and it came out really fluffy. The vanilla is a teaspoon, and it was very sweet so I think your 100g sugar will be just fine.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 19, 2017
cutiereborn:

Please do let me know how it turns out. I used 3eggs as the recipe required and it came out really fluffy. The vanilla is a teaspoon, and it was very sweet so I think your 100g sugar will be just fine.

Alright.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 19, 2017
Breakfast.

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2017
Akara di oku

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2017
@loveymom, here's my butter cookies.
Didn't have a cookie cutter, so made use of the only two shapes cutters I had. Came out nice though a little burnt. Will perfect next time.
My sunday school kids will have some snacks to munch on tomorrow.

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FMCASH(m): 11:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
Back in the day, me and my nigga larryD at FUNAAB

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
cutiereborn:
@loveymom, here's my butter cookies.
Didn't have a cookie cutter, so made use of the only two shapes cutters I had. Came out nice though a little burnt. Will perfect next time.
My sunday school kids will have some snacks to munch on tomorrow.

Looking good, reduce the heat when trying next time. Will try the cup cake recope this week. Take care.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SpaxeX(m): 10:47am On Jan 23, 2017
chasers:
There's nothing more romantic than what I have there grin Can't go with your kind this period,strictly on fruits and vegetables "Cardboard" funny you.Table for two in my kitchen? grin #wethebest

my broda! are you a goat??

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 11:16am On Jan 23, 2017
loveymom:

Looking good, reduce the heat when trying next time. Will try the cup cake recope this week. Take care.
Thanks, sure will. My regards.

@olanna45, you are far too kind! Thanks for the recipe.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 24, 2017
Pic refused to upload.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Tats(m): 10:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
My pot of stew.

17 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sirfee(m): 10:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
Tarte a l'ancienne.

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Godlovesme521: 7:12pm On Jan 26, 2017
Just now.. Can't wait for beans... No light wanna go charge phone
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Roland17(m): 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2017
loveymom:
Breakfast.

If this is home made, kindly share your recipe and steps. I will appreciate.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2017
Roland17:

If this is home made, kindly share your recipe and steps. I will appreciate.

Homemade Akara no easy to get oo. I have been preparing it for 5 years now. My first year was filled with trial and error(don't know if I got the grammar right). From second year I started picking up and mastering it. Why am I saying this, it takes time and mastery to make correct better homemade Akara di oku tongue.

I used my powdered beans flour(made by me), not store bought, it's pure beans with no dirts or sand.
I scooped some like a cup of it then add like 2/3 cup water, add 1 single knorr cube. I turned it to paste (thick) and set aside for 20-30mins. Put my onions, fresh pepper, salt to taste. Mixed it and add water to get a little loose batter
Tips to get good form akara you need to turn it I have a small plastic mortar and pestle that I use. So I mix it very well until no trace of water then scoop n deep fried, you will see the akara rising like puff puff(a little).

So that's it.hope I no bore you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Roland17(m): 12:38am On Jan 27, 2017
loveymom:

Homemade Akara no easy to get oo. I have been preparing it for 5 years now. My first year was filled with trial and error(don't know if I got the grammar right). From second year I started picking up and mastering it. Why am I saying this, it takes time and mastery to make correct better homemade Akara di oku tongue.

I used my powdered beans flour(made by me), not store bought, it's pure beans with no dirts or sand.
I scooped some like a cup of it then add like 2/3 cup water, add 1 single knorr cube. I turned it to paste (thick) and set aside for 20-30mins. Put my onions, fresh pepper, salt to taste. Mixed it and add water to get a little loose batter
Tips to get good form akara you need to turn it I have a small plastic mortar and pestle that I use. So I mix it very well until no trace of water then scoop n deep fried, you will see the akara rising like puff puff(a little).

So that's it.hope I no bore you.

Nne, thanks for the steps, i sincerely do appreciate. I would try this over the weekend with hope it pans out right.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:12am On Jan 27, 2017
Roland17:

Nne, thanks for the steps, i sincerely do appreciate. I would try this over the weekend with hope it pans out right.

You are welcome. cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 29, 2017
Sunday Breakie

Akara with pap.

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2017
loveymom:
Sunday Breakie

Akara with pap.
I can safely say Akara is one of your family's favourite! Enjoy wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2017
grin
cutiereborn:

I can safely say Akara is one of your family's favourite! Enjoy wink

Lol its just me and my LO, the rest don't like it.

Hope you and yours are good!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Iamanonymouss: 4:18am On Feb 01, 2017
I just thought I should share this site here. for wives who don't know. you might find this site really helpful. amazing recipes.

dooneyskitchen.com
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 8:22am On Feb 01, 2017
loveymom:
grin

Lol its just me and my LO, the rest don't like it.

Hope you and yours are good!
I wish my princess would to, but she just scatters it all over.
My regards to you and yours as well.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 02, 2017
Meatpie

Done

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 02, 2017
Tats:
My pot of stew.
And a perfect pot of stew, it is. Good job.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 8:26am On Feb 03, 2017
loveymom:
Meatpie

Done
Ma'am, you really have to send me your addy in PH. I need to come and partake of this yummy looking meatpie. wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 03, 2017
cutiereborn:

Ma'am, you really have to send me your addy in PH. I need to come and partake of this yummy looking meatpie. wink

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jofez: 10:15am On Feb 03, 2017
Yummy

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by SlowlybtSurely: 11:26am On Feb 03, 2017
^^^ Rice inside pineapple?

I don't think I want to eat that.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Probz(m): 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:
^^^ Rice inside pineapple?

I don't think I want to eat that.

It's a popular style these days.

Looking good, Jofez!

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sirfee(m): 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
loveymom:
Meatpie

Done
Wow!well done@loveymom.You are the queen of this thread.I respect you so much because it's not easy to be a better cook or chef.More power to your elbow.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sirfee(m): 3:59pm On Feb 03, 2017
Krostata.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
sirfee:
Wow!well done@loveymom.You are the queen of this thread.I respect you so much because it's not easy to be a better cook or chef.More power to your elbow.

Thanks, I no be queen for the thread ooh I be follower.
Hope you are good!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (3494) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: waistbead and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.