Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5767326 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanwuliaExtra: 2:59am On Feb 01, 2018
1Sharon:

Lol did you get rid of the zebra print theme?

Oh yes!
I gave them all away. grin
Me sef be wan turn Zebra ke! cheesy
Except my shower cap of course. wink

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanwuliaExtra: 3:04am On Feb 01, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

You are a doctor or nurse?
Doctor ke?
My brain nor hot reach o. Not my thing. I can’t even DATE or MARRY one(dem get as dem dey behave. socially awkward) I looooooooove to work with them though. Very BRILLIANT PIPO! smiley
A proud nurse! cool
So I am O.C.D CLEAN.
It takes me 15-30mins to clean my work station at work. wink

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanwuliaExtra: 3:12am On Feb 01, 2018
ifyalways:
Lol.
How did I even enter this thread? cheesy

The dude that quoted KanwuliaExtra and started all this fracas of Presentation V otherwise Don go hide him face, people are now barking at the wrong tree.

He should be 100% blamed for stirring shyte and running away.

Chicken curry and fried yam.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Bit off more than he/she could swallow.
LWKMD!!!!
Serious BACKFIRING!!!!! cheesy
E tink say i go follow dem-dem NL-APROKO-GANG” begin swim for “NL GUTTER” like 5-10 years ago fa? undecided

Wetin pesin supposed to take do “humor”, some TIGHT-ENDS go begin take make wahala with re-de-activated SCAMMER-SCAMMEE IDs and all. Verrrry irritating! angry
I nor get that kain time any more ATOL-ATOL!
Mtcheeeeeeeeew!

LOVERRRRRLY PRESENTATION!!!! kiss Lovvvvvvitaaa!!! No “dorty-splashes”! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanwuliaExtra: 3:23am On Feb 01, 2018
Agbaletu:
Presentation, Cleanliness and Balance Diet; I will give it to KanwuliaExtra.

KanwuliaExtra, I really like your presentation.
Don't mind the distractors here.

God bless you, Tellemall.

Amen.
Thank you jare! grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanwuliaExtra: 3:30am On Feb 01, 2018
sirfee:
I've known her for a very long time,she is the same person behind the monicker "idowuogbo".

I seeeeeeee!
And. . . . . You must be “Cersei Lannister” from GOT!

Nice to meet you AGAIN! kiss
Shior!

“boooshyte”!

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 1Sharon(f): 5:13am On Feb 01, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

Oh yes!
I gave them all away. grin
Me sef be wan turn Zebra ke! cheesy
Except my shower cap of course. wink

Interesting cheesy

What made you choose this cartoon theme?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 8:12am On Feb 01, 2018
Nancy2016:

You made some salient points about presentation, but I think you went overboard with the criticisms. It would have been nice if you had tactfully put across your points. After reading so many of your comments on the family board, I can tell that tactfulness is not your forté. I have been a silent visitor to this thread for over a year and I can say some of the meals displayed here could have been better presented and in cleaner environs. Yes it is an informal forum but it is nice to do things in a professional manner. I watch a lot of cooking shows and there is a lot of emphasis on presentation and proper sanitary conditions. It is time we start emulating that in our homes.

100% on point.

I learnt too.

The eyes eats first before the mouth and other senses.

Everything has to appeal to the eyes.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 01, 2018
Kanwulia causing problems as usual cheesy grin.
I prefer this Kanwulia to the quiet type. It doesn't fit u so pls, help seun to liven his almost dead site up. That guy should be paying u by now. Very stingy man.

Lol, for the newbie,don't bother yourself about her but from her loads of craps (she is actually a cray cray lady) pick the salient points cos there is always a message in her posts. U can't even win if u engage her in a fight so why bother.

For somebody like me,she has become that character I hate to love. I actually come to nairaland sometimes just to read her posts cos they make me ponder sometimes or make me laugh out loud.

I read somewhere that kanwulia is idowu. This is serious.

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 9:36am On Feb 01, 2018
Enjoy the little things..

Life is too short

Here we go, some sandwich- fried eggs with salmon as content and then toasted in the sandwich maker. With a cup of tea. I should have snapped the process as i was making it, but forgot till i started eating and getting ready at the same time.
I love my tea/coffee. At the very least 4× a day

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanwuliaExtra: 10:37am On Feb 01, 2018
1Sharon:

Interesting cheesy

What made you choose this cartoon theme?

Grand-children’s room. wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 01, 2018
Isn't Kanwulia the same person as Callioti? I can't remember what I was searching for on the internet about ten years ago but whatever it was, redirected me to Callioti's comment on NL.

That username sort of stuck with me ever since.

Don't let Kanwulia get you uneasy, folks. She sure can make one feel some type of way.

I must commend the efforts all of you put in making your meals visually appealing. Thank god say belle no be show glass, I swear. My woman would kill me if she saw what I eat now.

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sirfee(m): 11:27am On Feb 01, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

I seeeeeeee! And. . . . . You must be “Cersei Lannister” from GOT!

Nice to meet you AGAIN! kiss Shior!
“boooshyte”!

Naa I'm "Khaal Drogo" from GOT.

This is a new year,mind your use of words.

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sirfee(m): 11:39am On Feb 01, 2018
pocohantas:

Awww. Left alone to my primitive self.
I'll call that a cake grin

What makes it a pie? How is it made?
It is a pie....Dough+cream

For the dough:Flour,cold water,sugar,lemon zest or vanilla sugar,unsalted butter.

For the cream:Jam,ricotta cheese,milk and sugar.

Check the pictures below and see the difference..

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by enque(f): 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2018
Liftedhands:
Cocoyam or ede with plain palm oil, salt and pepper tongue

Very ordinary looking with minimal effort to prepare (or plate grin)but sure was yummy kiss

Wow...so ede can be eaten like yam?
I thought it was only for soup tins smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by soberdrunk(m): 4:09pm On Feb 01, 2018
Nobody cook Egusi today? Which one is all these 'Disneyland food' i am seeing? sad angry sad

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanwuliaExtra: 4:24pm On Feb 01, 2018
See wetin TBaBa cook for im wife for BREAKFAST? shocked shocked shocked

Even with ALL the MONEY? ? ?

embarassed embarassed embarassed

https://www.nairaland.com/4323477/photos-2face-prepares-breakfast-wife

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I repeat:

KanwuliaExtra:
We are skipping rice today o! kiss
You know Nigerians are Kings and Queens of high blood pressure and DIABETES!

All that rice, yam, indomie, spaghetti and fufu!
No fruits and vegetables in our diets.

Sad situation. When illnesses and death come knocking, na WITCHES and WIZARDS cause am o! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanwuliaExtra: 5:16pm On Feb 01, 2018
Had to do a “BRUNCH-CRUNCH” today.
Patients kept me BUZZZZZY till 10:00AM. angry

Now, I have to skip some meals. I can only eat every 4 hours to get back on SHHHHHEdule! wink

Breakfast:
Lemon cream muffin
Boiled egg
Coffee.

Snack choices:
Oatmeal/cinnamon/brown sugar/raisins.

Or:

Mini peanut-butter cracker sandwiches
Apple. kiss

I love cold oatmeal for midday snack. Very filling. cool

And. . . . . 4 Oz of WATER! kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2018
Food at work cafeteria today.

Jacket potato, with some butter on it, and tuna. Beans by the side.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by KanwuliaExtra: 8:12pm On Feb 01, 2018
Time for a snack.
Sorry, can’t cook at work.
We don’t have kitchens. grin

Jamaican Beef Pattie(Meat Pie)
Grapes. wink

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 9:52pm On Feb 01, 2018
enque:

They are different species.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liftedhands(f): 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
enque:

Yes o! Though there are some just for soup and will itch your throat if eaten like that.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chommieblaq(f): 10:21pm On Feb 01, 2018
I smh for some comments here, only few people are being sensible.
Of course we all know that presentation is bae, but then there are better ways to pass your message without insulting people's intelligent or throwing tantrum like a kid.
This thread has always been a great one, like one big happy family, we don't know ourselves but we look forward to seeing each other's meal, it creates a kind of bond between us.
Since I followed this thread, I haven't seen someone post food in a dirty environment. Neatness is relative (permit me to use this word and I will explain), you can't compare the level of neatness of a person living in a public compound kitchen with that of someone that have a personal kitchen (with everything all stocked), it doesn't mean that the other person is dirty!
Many people don't go all fancy about food they just want to eat, while some others can go the mile, does that make the other person food bad or dirty? Hell no!
This's just a thread to appreciate and show love for what we all love doing (cooking), even salivate over some meals grin, there's no basis for comparison, no bleeding reason to throw subtle shades or insult, if we keep going this way, the love in this thread will die, it will be one hell of a boring annoying thread.
If you must pass a message then be matured about it, don't make the thread about you, it's about FOOD

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LadySarah: 12:29am On Feb 02, 2018
grin MGBEKETOTO has remembered food section,it sure wont remain the same!
The earlier she is ignored,the better.

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MMotimo: 12:48am On Feb 02, 2018
In the end, no one's name was mentioned
Folks need to quit being so thin-skinned
It is 2018, you ignore what you don't like - in real life and on the internet
I am all for presentation because I can't do badly presented food - nothing wrong with that
A lot of people could not care less about presentation - nothing wrong with that either if the consumers of the food have no objection

It is like laying your bed nicely in the morning and coming back to a nice looking bed. Or you can decide to leave it messy and you don't mind coming back to rumpled beddings.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MMotimo: 12:55am On Feb 02, 2018
ejika4:
was craving for okro soup with roasted titus fish....At first I was scared of posting coz I dont have all these packaging they use on nairaland of whivh I knw say some peeps go borro to show off! ohk broke ass bsbe like me..this d breakdown of what I used....
okro_#50
iru= #50
fish= #200
1 cube of maggi
salt
red oil
pepper
pomo.
no yabbing pls n feel free to join me.#proudlyibile

This is good presentation - you see how you kept the swallow to one side and the soup to one side? You see how each part of the meal is in it's place on the plate? Presentation is not about the cost or whether it is a continental/local dish - it is about the appearance.

Some would prefer swallow and soup in different bowls/plates and that is okay too but this is good enough.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Priceless200(f): 11:13am On Feb 02, 2018
OK guys, so I baked cake for the first time in my life. It's my son's birthday and I was so rich that day and he kept reminding me of his cake as is always the tradition. So I decided to try something.

I don't have oven but I have a rice cooker, I looked up on YouTube and yes, trust youtube to have it all. I saw plenty cakes baked in a rice cooker mehn.

So I tried.

First I made a sponge cake and later couldn't contain the excitement and I have this coco powder lying in the cupboard since last year.

So I decided to also make a chocolate cake.

Rate me guys and please if you have a very good tasty birthday or wedding cake recipe that you have tried yourself please share. Never knew baking could be thus exciting.

14 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liftedhands(f): 11:51am On Feb 02, 2018
Priceless200:
OK guys, so I baked cake for the first time in my life. It's my son's birthday and I was so rich that day and he kept reminding me of his cake as is always the tradition. So I decided to try something.

I don't have oven but I have a rice cooker, I looked up on YouTube and yes, trust youtube to have it all. I saw plenty cakes baked in a rice cooker mehn.

So I tried.

First I made a sponge cake and later couldn't contain the excitement and I have this coco powder lying in the cupboard since last year.

So I decided to also make a chocolate cake.

Rate me guys and please if you have a very good tasty birthday or wedding cake recipe that you have tried yourself please share. Never knew baking could be thus exciting.

Wow looks nice! And baked with a rice cooker shocked very creative.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liftedhands(f): 11:56am On Feb 02, 2018
Ladysarah I'm using ahnie isoko eyes to look at you o! Hope say no be expo you dey find for here? Chanbaby come and see your sister o lolz grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FireRain: 12:13pm On Feb 02, 2018
Chommieblaq,thank you for this unbiased,intelligent comment,I do pop in here to steal ideas on how to cook student indomie,preggymama breakfast,iomoge's egusi elemi merin,eforiro,cococandy's assorted meals,akpos baking skills and great low and high budget meals,I can relate wt all presentations cuz we all live in different environment but now diff aliens r coming to turn d homely thread to lecture room,please keep posting we d ghost followers r learning o,keep posting more of hurriedly made meals from naija or Germany abi Russia,we love it all!

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Horlubunmmy: 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2018
Decale:
Lol. If you people have seen this geh posts before, you'd know not to bother. grin
You call her girl.

Eni to ti gbo bi ile Galilee!!!

Her other monica is also mgbeketoto (hope I got it right).

Na people wey no know her dey answer her.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chommieblaq(f): 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2018
FireRain:
Chommieblaq,thank you for this unbiased,intelligent comment,I do pop in here to steal ideas of how to cook student indomie,preggymama breakfast,iomoge's egusi elemi merin,eforiro,cococandy's assorted meals,akpos baking skills and great low and high budget meals,I can relate wt all presentations cuz we all live in different environment but now diff aliens r coming to turn d homely thread to lecture room,please keep posting we d ghost followers r learning o,keep posting more of hurriedly made meals from naija or Germany abi Russia,we love it all!

Uwc dear

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2018
Lunch at work cafeteria
Sorry, too lazy to bring my own lunch

Fish (battered haddock) and chips, with some beans. As usual, my cuppa tea

The fish was divine

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.