Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,426 members, 7,850,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:29 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (848) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5817518 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) (851) ... (3488) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

Edikaikong leaves can't be found in Port Harcourt abeg..

You know how to cook owo soup?
Which one is edikaikong leaves again? Izit not ugu n water leaf?

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

Just give me the recipe.
I know how to cook owo soup initially but it has been a long time..
Crayfish
Akanwu
Starch
Ref oyel
Maggi salt
Periwinkle
Tiko(dried meat)
Dried fish
Meat
Fresh fish.
How I cook mine.

1..put fish/meat/dried meat in the pot,allow to simmer for like 20 minutes.
2:remove the fish(because e fit scatter for soup)
Add my pepper,grounded crayfish n red oyel
3:..put my potash(akanwu)
4:dissolve little starch inside water,and add to the boiling stock,then d added starch thickens the soup.
5:make sure the soup z not cover the pot.
Use your spoon to continue stirring the soup cox of bubbles.add your fish,periwinkle and cubes to taste.turn down the velocity of the fire down a bit...wait few minutes then turn off the stove.

Food z ready.

Hth(hope that helps)

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
cococandy:

Will you marry me? cheesy
I will tell... grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
breadplanets:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2018
breadplanets:

ingredients for EDIKANK-IKONG soup

bush meat, smoked fish, stock fish, fresh shrimp, fresh leaves, large snail and periwinkles, pumpkin leaf, water leaf, pepper to taste, grinded crayfish, onion, salt to taste, water and palm oil.

Method

prepare the fish, bush meat, add onion, pepper, salt and boil until cooked. add the washed and clean snail and boil for about 10mins add water and cook for few minutes again. Add already boiled shrimp of big crayfish and add salt Magi to taste with stock fish. cook for about 6mins add the washed sliced vegetable leaves and cook for about 15 minutes. add the grinded crayfish after tasting add Maggi and salt, when well cooked and satisfied with the taste remove from gas and serve.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
Mariangeles:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

As usual..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
datascience:

Lets be friends first. Lol

grin nah. Straight to marriage
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
ahnie:

Crayfish
Akanwu
Starch
Ref oyel
Maggi salt
Periwinkle
Tiko(dried meat)
Dried fish
Meat
Fresh fish.
How I cook mine.

1..put fish/meat/dried meat in the pot,allow to simmer for like 20 minutes.
2:remove the fish(because e fit scatter for soup)
Add my pepper,grounded crayfish n red oyel
3:..put my potash(akanwu)
4:dissolve little starch inside water,and add to the boiling stock,then d added starch thickens the soup.
5:make sure the soup z not cover the pot.
Use your spoon to continue stirring the soup cox of bubbles.add your fish,periwinkle and cubes to taste.turn down the velocity of the fire down a bit...wait few minutes then turn off the stove.

Food z ready.

Hth(hope that helps)

periwinkles ? and what is akanwu?

Thanks for the recipe.. I'll try it out on Wednesday.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
Mariangeles:
I will tell... grin

I’m sure my husband won’t mind.
She is very welcome to marry me cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

periwinkles ? and what is akanwu?

Thanks for the recipe.. I'll try it out on Wednesday.
Potash
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
ahnie:
Potash
Thanks. I appreciate your kind gesture.
will try it out on Wednesday.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

Thanks. I appreciate your kind gesture.

will try it out on Wednesday.
You're wlc
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 5:16pm On Aug 06, 2018
Chasers..commend you i must...nice food you present.accolades gives you i.impressed I'm. grin grin

Adopt me please you must!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dunasy(f): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
ahnie:
Chasers..commend you i must...nice food you present.accolades gives you i.impressed I'm. grin grin

Adopt me please you must!

As in ehn, always posts more than one food pics and they all are always beautiful to look upon,meditate on and forget whatever is going around one in that moment ... cc:Chasers

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
dunasy:

As in ehn, always posts more than one food pics and they all are always beautiful to look upon,meditate on and forget whatever is going around one in that moment ... cc:Chasers
Maami you can say that again...the guy z a neat freak and also a good presenter of foods.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

Edikaikong leaves can't be found in Port Harcourt abeg..

You know how to cook owo soup?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Edikaikong is not a leaf. Its a soup made with : Water leaves and Pumpking with many dried fish, meat/chicken or any of your choice.

That being said, Owo soup is actually the easiest. If you want cat pepper soup I go do am.

Hahahahahaha. I reside in PH��

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
cococandy:

grin nah. Straight to marriage

Lol
Lol..
Abeg oo. Na from clap person suppose dance. Lol
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 5:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

ingredients for EDIKANK-IKONG soup

bush meat, smoked fish, stock fish, fresh shrimp, fresh leaves, large snail and periwinkles, pumpkin leaf, water leaf, pepper to taste, grinded crayfish, onion, salt to taste, water and palm oil.

Method

prepare the fish, bush meat, add onion, pepper, salt and boil until cooked. add the washed and clean snail and boil for about 10mins add water and cook for few minutes again. Add already boiled shrimp of big crayfish and add salt Magi to taste with stock fish. cook for about 6mins add the washed sliced vegetable leaves and cook for about 15 minutes. add the grinded crayfish after tasting add Maggi and salt, when well cooked and satisfied with the taste remove from gas and serve.
Who gave you this recipe Biko? fresh leaves ko. it's ugu and waterleaf jor

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
cococandy:

I’m sure my husband won’t mind.
She is very welcome to marry me cheesy

Erhnnnn. No harms sha, but am a guy actually.

No be only women dey like cooking. Lol

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
breadplanets:

I saw the recipe too. Its online resources.

As a Calabar man to the core, if you prepare edikaikong with that recipe. We go refuse eating. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
breadplanets:

Lol..I don't know that one oh
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2018
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
datascience:

I saw the recipe too. Its online resources.

As a Calabar man to the core, if you prepare edikaikong with that recipe. We go refuse eating. Lol

I hope you know you've broken rule 8.

I didn't copy that recipe from google, you can screenshot your evidence.

don't say what you don't know to gain likes.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dunasy(f): 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
Something light for dinner.... Hubby helping with the semo
What would you rather have your okro with?

11 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
Elder001:

I hope you know you've broken rule 8.

I didn't copy that recipe from google, you can screenshot your evidence.

don't say what you don't know to gain likes.

Stay calm. I am not looking for likes. The recipe had some discrepancies, just emphasizing on it.

Nothing personal. Thanks please

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
dunasy:

Oh my gosh.....The oesphaegus cannot stop the flow of this draw soup. Nice

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
datascience:

Stay calm. I am not looking for likes. The recipe had some discrepancies, just emphasizing on it.

Nothing personal. Thanks please

Edit that post because it amounts to a mockery of my personality.

I don't copy recipes from google. don't just open your phone and start typing all sorts of typables because you feel like typing.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
dunasy:

Cold akpu
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by funlord(m): 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hmmm.........make I just dey observe.. wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by rezzy: 6:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
ahnie:

Cc :rezzy and ederahobaby(hope I got the spellings rightly)

I can't cook owho soup o.

Mummy Zino, what's up?

(1) (2) (3) ... (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) (850) (851) ... (3488) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ComradeShegs(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.