Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry (8415 Views)

Being An Opposition Party, Not Licence To Abuse Buhari, APC Tells PDP / Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? / What Manner Of An Opposition Party Is APC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 05, 2012
The truth is that the PDP exco members are not new media compliant. The president on the other hand is still VERY BUSY WORKING. I dont think it is proper for the president to start tackling the opposition now because if he does that, he'll be distracted. I think his approach is to concentrate and WORK for now. Perhaps by 2014, when most of his good works would have matured, the president can now assemble a DIGITAL propaganda team that will take ALL available medium by STORM and crush all the internet rats and cockroaches currently on rampage.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by sambussie(m): 3:21am On Dec 05, 2012
Who says pdp governors don't get publicity?
I'v never been 2 Akwa Ibom, but I watch documentaries on how akpabio has transformed d state 4 beta. If not for media, hw'll I hav known dat.
The same Akpabio won silverbird man of the year award, where Nigerians voted him voluntarily, based on the media hype he got. U needn't go 2 akwa ibom 2 know dat akpabio is working, 10x 2 d media. Even Fashola had 2 go 2 Akwa ibom, based on d same media hype Akpabio got. Infact, it got to a point where media atteneion shifted 4rm Fashoka 2 Akpabio. These days we hardly hear Of Fashola, asides 4rm d fact dat he's d governor of Lagos state. So why would u say pdp governors don't get media attention?
The problem I cite here is that u can't give wot u don't have. Other pdp governors asides akpabio & ameachi cannot even attract d media, cuz dey hav nothin 2 show.
U can't hide development. If any governor 4rm any party does well, he'll definitely be applauded & the media will naturally b attracted 2 such.
So pls be objective & apt b4 posting any matter on NairaLand. 10k u.

1 Like

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 05, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: The president on the other hand is still VERY BUSY WORKING.

The president on the other hand is still VERY BUSY LOOTING AND SMILING.

3 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by greaterlove(m): 3:27am On Dec 05, 2012
Ikengawo:
Is it the governments responsibility to buy you food?
my friend go and use your hands like a decent man. The government is expected to give you roads. The government gives the the most functional and beautiful road imaginable and you start asking for food. lol.
I really like your post, I have once criticize the nigerian media for the way they do their reporting, I believe it is their responsibility to furnish us with the truth, we all know that there is a lot of things wrong with the way our country is being run but the press should not play on our intelligence by feeding us with only biased news. I have been to both enugu and akwa ibom and I always wonder why projects being executed in those states are rarely mentioned, sometimes when I read about projects being executed by my own governor I just laugh because those projects are just cosmetics but despite the fact that they are projects that won't last or even benefit the state much the media won't allow us rest by constantly announcing them. The nigerian media is so lazy that some of the news they report are things we already know, they hardly investigate, they sit in their offices and make assumptions, we have to wait for a presidential media chat or house committe hearing to get some facts and the same facts we all watched live on tv will be presented by them in different formats with who said what and what about it. I am tired of 'obasanjo replies gowon' ' dog eat man' headlines, just last week we heard that fg will be spending N6billion on the PIB and nobody can even explain to the people how they arrived at that figure, we shouldn't wait for a house committee meeting or a presidential media chat to know how the minister of petroleum arrived at that figure, its the duty of the press to investigate and furnish us with that information.

1 Like

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by BetaThings: 3:31am On Dec 05, 2012
Ikengawo:
exactly.
the subsidy protest was the fakest most tribalistic bias the media and opposition had ever spun up and is proof that they're hypocrites.
that same subsidy they were fighting to keep they are now on ribadu's side when ribadu comes out and says it's corrupt.
Look at El Rufai who was stealing hand in hand with Obasanjo now trying to act like the voice of the opposition simply because Yar adua forced him out of PDP.

Imoke is an excellent governor and has really rebranded his state and made in the tourism giant of nigeria. Nobody hears about it.
Uyo as fine a city as Abuja, minus size and scope but the quality is there, nobody hears about this
No ACN state is as organized, clean, and developed as a whole as Enugu, no noise
Jigawa has gone from a pile of sand to a formidable force in progress, most people can't name the governor.

but the governor of Ogun wants to use human pheces as cooking oil and it's been headline news for the past 2 days.

Some people see everything from the aspect of tribalism
1. Nigerians protested ALL the fuel price increase under Obasanjo. They did when he increased it the same week he handed over to Yaradua
2. Why is the latest protest tribalistic? Because there is a new president? or because Nigerians resolved that they will protest fuel price increase again? Tell us what you think about these facts
3. Oshiomole was relatively unknown in 1999. He made his name as a national figure by leading the protests against Obasanjo's incessant fuel hikes. Nobody said a man from SS was leading the opposition against an SW president. Did anyone say that? NO!

Has it occurred to you that the public has been consistent in its
1. opposition to certain things eg removal of petrol subsidies and
2. support for certain things (fighting corruption)

What has now changed is where the president comes from
Who is being tribalistic? The public that has been consistent or the president and his men who see tribalism in the actions of a consistent public?

Is support for maintaining subsidy consistent with support for Ribadu report? Yes, of course
1. Subsidy enables Nigerian buy fuel at a cheaper price. That is not difficult to understand
2. Corrupt people steal public money - whether from contract awards, subsidy, PHCN stealing transformer etc
3. The subsidy thieves are even more hated. Why? because they are making subsidy so expensive that the government is fighting to remove it

As for those governors
When Mimiko was campaigning he had a lot of coverage from Channels. I assumed that he must have paid for all of that
Gov Saraki used to have similar coverage from Channels too. I put it to same thing

But again where do you live? Is Fashola getting more exposure on NTA PH, Radio Rivers, Rivers TV etc than Amaechi?

8 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by skyfall: 3:41am On Dec 05, 2012
@OP

When you're ready, you'll tell us how you were hired for this publicity stunt. PDP is a bad product and it's difficult to sell even if you have access to all the nation's resources as PDP currently does. Propaganda can only carry you so far.

The performing PDP govs are a little drop in the ocean and their ostentatious lifestyles (and its attendant waste of public funds, such as the craze for jets) is something people see everyday and cannot ignore. Discerning Nigerians have now come to realize that anyone who has anything to do with PDP is jinxed and no amount of propaganda will change that.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by kunlekunle: 3:42am On Dec 05, 2012
wetin be your laptop number??

2 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Nobody: 4:23am On Dec 05, 2012
OP
they don't need to be tech savvy when they can be corruption savvy
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by miqos02(m): 4:49am On Dec 05, 2012
you can help publicize those working gov's if you think the media is biased,you have your phones to snap and upload pics of ongoing projects,propaganda is nothing new.

1 Like

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by koruji(m): 5:17am On Dec 05, 2012
Has anyone stopped Akwa Ibom or any other state from showing what they have?

You come here talking crap about the ACN controlled states, yet all of you are in Lagos, not Akwa Ibom.

Meanwhile, what is the population of Akwa Ibom vs. Lagos - 4 vs. 9 if you listen to the crappy NPC numbers, but you and I know that Lagos State host more than 15 million. Now, go and look at the distribution of revenues - see example below (Akwa Ibom gets 1/4 more revenue than Lagos).

Lastly, it is not a comparison with Akwa Ibom that we are after in the SW it is a comparison between the PDP era in our states and the era under ACN. The difference is clear as day. People of Osun don't live in Akwa Ibom, neither do the people of Lagos - they are praising those who have made THEIR LIVES BETTER, not those who make Akwa Ibomites lives better.

Besides, wasn't it Akpabio that described the opposition as a virus that cannot be allowed to exist going around intimidating his opponent, and so on.

March 2012 was another month of Jumbo allocations when the tiers of government in Nigeria, Federal States, and LG Councils shared a total sum of $1 billion and N996 billion from four different oil revenue accounts. The allocations were Foreign Excess Crude Account $1 Billion, Statutory and VAT revenues N834 billion Budget Differential N152 billion, and NNPC Refund N7.6 billion.

In the dollar allocation Akwa-Ibom State top the list of recipients by receiving $47 million, followed by Rivers $45 million, Delta $39 million and Bayelsa $$32 million. Others were Kano which received $20 million, Lagos $15 million, Cross River $10.8 million, Ebonyi $8 million, Gombe $8 million.

On the disbursement of Statutory and VAT allocation of a total sum of N834 billion, Rivers top the list with a net sum of N17 billion, followed by Akwa Ibom N16.9 billion, Delta N13 billion, Lagos N13 billion, Kano N10 billion and Bayelsa N9.5 billion. Other recipients included, Cross River N5 billion, Ekiti N3.8 billion, Gombe N3.7 billion and Ebonyi N3.5 billion.

7 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by GAR3TH(m): 5:21am On Dec 05, 2012
I think the bible quote "Don't do your good deeds publicly, to be admired by others" comes into play here. There is no reason to praise governors who do their job right because that is what they are suppose to do, Hence why they get little media attention. But the media should expose those who dont do good deeds and dont do their political jobs correctly, so the public can see them for who they really are.

In my opinion, its not an opposition dominated industry, its an industry that mainly picks on those who do wrong and exposes them.

4 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Gee001: 5:46am On Dec 05, 2012
@poster, d internet was developed or invented 2 b utilized n accessible 2 evrybdy evn 2 u. I dnt c y those governors will kinda restrict themselves 4rm using it. Besides, they believe within themselves that they are corrupt n would'nt wnt 2 add more problems which their beloved party PDP alrdy has.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Ikengawo: 5:51am On Dec 05, 2012
And ignores those who do right.
Create an atmosphere of pessimism and anger by constantly pumping hateful politically bias material against their enemies whom happen to be the major of nigerian politicians holding the majority of nigeria's states. The end result is they are making Nigerians genuinely disillusioned and unhappy to the point that you can't tell these people any governor outside of Fashola has made progress without them saying you're a PDP agent LOL.

it also creates misinformation and ignorance. Most nigerians don't know what's happening in their neighboring states if they're held by the PDP because the media isn't going to say anything until something bad happens.

Just recently Chime Sullivan is all over the news because he's sick. What article covered him while he was transforming Enugu into easily one of the top 3 most livable states in Nigeria?

Recently they were covering Amaechi for buying a private jet (like Fashola). Which article covered Amaechi when he demolished all the substandard school in his state and built new ones? Which article is covering his free healthcare programs?

mind you i was told Fashola has a jet, it was never printed.
Be wise people.

3 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by 1wolex85: 5:51am On Dec 05, 2012
Ikengawo:

the problem it causes is that even if nigeria was working, nigerians wouldn't know because you have a media dedicated to telling you nigeria is not working.
In fact how can you tell me that the country is not working? based on reports your getting from the government's enemy? The same opposition that are passing the same policies that GEJ is passing.
the media is lambasting GEJ because they're going to introduce federal toll roads again. Didn't Fashola bring back tolls as well?
the media is lambasting GEJ because of Boko Haram. Has ANC stopped open broad day murder and robbery on the Lagos Ibadan express way? has Oshiomole curbed prostitution and human trafficking?
the media is attacking GEJ because of police brutality, while LASTMA has been beating and abusing people in broad daylight and not a word is said in the media.

use your mind, those accusing me of being an agent to one party need to realize im free from the propoganda of niether while they think their holistic following of opposition propoganda is freedom of thought. you're just as bad as a pdp agent.
First of all, don't eva compare lagos tolls to what fg is planning. A private company expanded the road and ALTERNATIVE route was provided (tho I dnt think dat one alternate route is sufficient). They are abt to start collecting toll on anoda part of the same expressway,do u know y dey are just startin? They were puttin anoda alternative route in place. Take lagos-ib expressway for instance, d govt just wnts to introduce tolls witout 1st fixing the road thru a private firm (gej always puts d cart b4 d horse).
Secondly,stop lying to prove ur point, wen did lastma start beating pple? D most dey can do is to impound ur car and extort money from u unjustly. I'll come to the subsidy issue when I av time
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Aikayy: 5:59am On Dec 05, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: How does that road put food on the table of poor man?

The same way lagos toll feeds the poor man fat.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by eldoradoxx: 6:06am On Dec 05, 2012
truthseeker9ja: @ ikengawo,the self-confessed Gov Chime apostle,you've got mail in https://www.nairaland.com/1122926/governor-sullivan-chime-could-dead

you dont know what people like you are doing to this country.Egyptians,just today,marched into their presidential palace to challenge an unpopular decision taken by Morsi.
You are a psycophant,I know how you cheered GEJ on during the period power supply was up even though we regularly reminded you and your fellow pdp goons that it was because the water level is high at that time and nothing significantly had been done in power,right now power supply is down to terrible level,gej has since sold the power plants to mostly questionable characters and just 2 days ago,2 turbines in egbin broke down completely,yet GEJ had spent billions on power.
That is the problem with an average Nigerian, undemocratic in his opinion. The poster has made his views known, he doesn't owe you apologies! Must you insult him to disagree with his views? Who told you he is not entitled to his opinion as you are ranting yours here?
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by searay(m): 6:17am On Dec 05, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

What fraction of state citizen are enjoying those pics you posted there?

Isnt that same road leads to Governor Office ............. and you call that developement.

FYI Developing states are state where people are enjoying basic need of life.
definitely it's either you are not from Akwa Ibom or you are not in AKS. You better come back home.
I'm not a fan of Akpabio because he caused me not to recognise not fathers compound on returning from NYSC due to thr dualization of the IK road in Abak.
I think while he's not always in the news is that he's too busy commisioning projects.
A performing governor will be a performing governor irrespective of the party.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 05, 2012
what bs - media is opposition dominated - for months on end, the politics section was the playground of the unlamented beaf and the forty laptops - who spammed us with unending spin and spell bs

the same media was awash with anti buhari ads during the 2011 elections

the simple answer is that the pdp with their flag bearer gej are an easy target for anyone - they have an unbroken record of empty promises, bizarre propaganda, the most ridiculous commitments, aimed at seeking immediate adulation without regard to feasibility/workability , and a penchant for celebration of mediocrity - look at the mess in mma2

a party of criminals that only calls out the efcc when members stray too far off the reservation

3 Likes

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by KINGwax(m): 6:30am On Dec 05, 2012
This OP is a complete irony of his SUPPOSEDLY cause. The OP, the topic and HIS CLEAR INTENDED cause are a complete shame.
He is jes doing exactly what we thought he wanted to condemn. The fool is jes here to paint an opposition and directly intending to indirectly discredit the other. Yet, he supports the same cause he feigns to condem.
HOW MUCH WAS YOUR PRICE, OH FOOL. THIS THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED.

1 Like

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by mosunade(f): 6:33am On Dec 05, 2012
Someone makes his opinion known and because you dont agree with him, you call him names and shout him down. Crap. He has a right to his opinion just as you have to yours, so, stop acting like a kid and see his post objectively and if you dont, try swap your butt hole with sand paper.

He doesnt have to say sorry for what he has written, so, stop whining and get a life.

1 Like

Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Slim101(m): 6:37am On Dec 05, 2012
Ikengawo: what are you talking about?
I think you assumed that I'm saying the opposition dominating the media is a bad thing, or that PDP is good and deserves praise?
I'm simply saying that praise is sent in a lobsided fashion where opposition is overtly praised and PDP governors that perform aren't mentioned. What was the last article you saw about something being built in Awka Ibom? because the level of building happening there is unrivaled in nigeria but it still falls to silent ears because of our agenda driven media.
they want to create a situation where 'good news' only comes out of opposition states.

@OP. I also think your observation is lopsided. What do u mean by the term "Opposition dominated media"?? Are u saying all regular people like me and other honourable members of this forum also belong to d opposition?? You can mention El Rufai, Ribadu etc for all you care but they are all entitled to their opinions. Criticisms on this forum (by regular folks who doesn't have any political affiliation) has nothing to do with which political party's logo that is behind your picture . You sounded like a PDP protagonist yourself and u wouldn't mind us singing their praises even if when the heaven knows they have performed woefully. Maybe you need to increase the salaries of Reno, Okupe and Abati!!!
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Yungeagle(m): 6:38am On Dec 05, 2012
True talk.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by agnesefe: 6:46am On Dec 05, 2012
@op
This thread reminds me of a similar debate a few years back on how impartial mainstream media can get. After so much huff and puff, it did not take long to come to this conclusion: Humans are naturally selfish and interest motivated-slice it anyway you want, you will observe that truth-so it is with media outfits. Proprietors rarely set up outfits with infinite altruistic interests at heart-the common good, a fair estate etc; we know that regardless of how we seek to desire all these, every action ensures its very negation.

The Lagos-Ibadan axis press derives very much from the schooling that has been championed from time, through extant political language, about how differently things are occurring and can be done. The Northern press delivers an agenda, routinely drummed, that ensures primacy of the interests of the ruling estate and class. The Southern caucus weighs severally on how its people can forge a common front to redress the despoliation and historic neglect of its peoples and land.

All of these are familiar and, can’t be divorced from the realities on ground. The style might be different- disinformation, intensity, propaganda, acerbic criticism, religious or culturally spiced handles-but they all arrive at the same goal of voicing or defining the leaning temper at any time.

Little can be said about the place of truth, even with spirited filtering, in all the noise from the media. It definitely would be well within your domain, both for your sanity and good, to verify and obtain a balanced story before joining any media inspired wagon.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by mosunade(f): 6:50am On Dec 05, 2012
Slim101:

@OP. I also think your observation is lopsided. What do u mean by the term "Opposition dominated media"?? Are u saying all regular people like me and other honourable members of this forum also belong to d opposition?? You can mention El Rufai, Ribadu etc for all you care but they are all entitled to their opinions. Criticisms on this forum (by regular folks who doesn't have any political affiliation) has nothing to do with which political party's logo that is behind your picture . You sounded like a PDP protagonist yourself and u wouldn't mind us singing their praises even if when the heaven knows they have performed woefully. Maybe you need to increase the salaries of Reno, Okupe and Abati!!!

Just as the OP also is entitled to his opinion. But because he is not saying what you want to hear, you call him a PDP protagonist, not so?
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by mosunade(f): 6:51am On Dec 05, 2012
ABUJA—President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday emphasised that the Performance Contract Agreement he signed with his cabinet ministers was not to witch-hunt any of them, but to set targets and measure performances.

According to the President, government could no longer rely on the performance assessments of its activities by the media because according to him, the media has been politicised.

To improve performance and service quality
According to the president, the Performance Contracting System was geared towards improving performance and delivering quality and timely services to the citizens, adding that the agreement would also improve productivity and instill a greater sense of accountability for effective service delivery.

He stated: “I read all kinds of things in the media that the President wants to assess the ministers, so that he would know who should go and who would stay. That is not the purpose of this.

President Goodluck Jonathan (r) counter-signing the Performance Agreement and Contracting System document for the Ministry of Labour and Productivity as the Minister, Chief Emeka Wogu watched during the signing ceremony of the document with Cabinet Ministers as the President Chaired the Federal Executive Council Meeting at the State House, Abuja. Photo by Abayomi Adeshida

“We would have done it probably the first week when we came on board but the key thing is that we have given ourselves points that we think we will get at. We believe that if we get at those points or even if we achieve 70 per cent of that, at least it will be better off for our own country. I am quite pleased that all the Ministers have completed the forms.
Not to witch-hunt anybody

“I want to assure every one of you who has taken part in the exercise that this is not meant to witch-hunt anybody.

“It is to remind all of us, from President to Directors General, to Advisers and other aides, that we are representatives of the Nigerian people, and we are accountable to them at all times.

“I had stated clearly during the inauguration of the Federal Executive Council that Ministers are expected to be accountable, productive, transparent and focused.”

Speaking on the role of the media, the president said: “Before, the media used to be the voice of the ordinary people but now, the media is the voice of those who own the media houses and those who own the media houses have private jets and those who own private jets are not ordinary people.

[b]Lampoons media owners

“So the media is now the voice of the powerful people. So, we have to have a way of assessing ourselves.”

President Jonathan emphasised that his office and that of the Vice President should also captured the assessment processes, adding that there should be parameters to be used in measuring performances.

[/b]He enjoined ministers and ministers of state to be conversant with activities of their ministries to reduce areas of friction.

‘The Minister must know everything happening in the ministry, just like the Permanent Secretary, will know everything happening in the ministry.

‘If Minister A does not now what Minister B is doing and Minister B does not know what Minister Ais doing, but the PermanentSecretary knows everything that all of you are doing, the Permanent Secretary becomes a boss of the two ministers and the Permanent Secretary can use your heads to hit yourselves and just laugh at you.

‘I expect that if the main minister travels and I need information, I should call the Minister of State and that Minister of State must give the information about that ministry.

“If the Minister of State cannot give the information about that ministry, then something is fundamentally wrong either from two of them or from one of them.

“If the minister of state travels in a ministry where we have clear responsibilities, I called the main minister, to give me information, I expect the minister to give me information on that ministry,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/media-cannot-assess-my-govt-objectively-jonathan/
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 05, 2012
Is a pity that the opposition especially Tinubu's ACN has blinded a lot of Nigerians with their noise making but yet when you go to some PDP states you will see that they are doing very better than all of the ACN states, if you doubt, pay a visit to Akwa Ibom or Enugu just to mention a few you will relize that ACN na only mouth they get and is a pity that a lot of Nigerians don't know how to think with their brain. I hate PDP yet I like the way they are keeping quiet and allowing opposition to thrive cause they PDP knows when to harness the power of social media, that's 2015 and not waste their time with bragging around on the social media world and by 2015 they will once again unveil the achievements of PDP governments in different states and at federal level and by then ACN will understand the game of social media with politics that is not about shouting everyday on social media just to gain cheap attention that's not gonna last long.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by debsjoat(m): 7:23am On Dec 05, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: I believe everyone be it Governor,President or Ordinary shoe maker on the street have the right to use internet to their benefit,so far they are smart enough to use it.

From your message above How do you expect PDP Governors to list their achievements when we already know what they have acheieved.

PDP GOVERNORS= BUYING JETS WITH STATE FUNDS......

Is there any role model in PDP?

I strongly doubt it.
Hello mr, I love your points and on this post if it continues, I will forever support U̶̲̥̅̊!!!
PDP ko BRT ni....
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by ROCKJ1(m): 7:44am On Dec 05, 2012
If GEJ wants to be more popular than the opposition he knows what to do. Just sack all the ministers that are involved in all this subsidy rubbish. Chase after the others and collect back every kobo Stollen then we will know he is serious in combatting corruption and will dominate the news.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by MajeOfficial: 7:44am On Dec 05, 2012
1wolex85:
First of all, don't eva compare lagos tolls to what fg is planning. A private company expanded the road and ALTERNATIVE route was provided (tho I dnt think dat one alternate route is sufficient). They are abt to start collecting toll on anoda part of the same expressway,do u know y dey are just startin? They were puttin anoda alternative route in place. Take lagos-ib expressway for instance, d govt just wnts to introduce tolls witout 1st fixing the road thru a private firm (gej always puts d cart b4 d horse).
Secondly,stop lying to prove ur point, wen did lastma start beating pple? D most dey can do is to impound ur car and extort money from u unjustly. I'll come to the subsidy issue when I av time

*YAWN*
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 05, 2012
interesting analysis.
brb
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:54am On Dec 05, 2012
debsjoat:
Hello mr, I love your points and on this post if it continues, I will forever support U̶̲̥̅̊!!!
PDP ko BRT ni....

Thanks bro,
Like my Signature reads.........Nothing but the truth.
Re: The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry by ypzilanti: 7:54am On Dec 05, 2012
Sule Lamido, Akpabio and Chime are always on every list of performing governors on Nairaland. Sule Lamido is the only one that may be missing on some lists. That is because the North is not so much in the news for anything other than Boko Haram. So the answer to your question is right there before you. GEJ on the other hand, does not have enough achievements to boast of...there are no pictures to proudly post on social media. Hence the silence. The 40 man laptop squad is even tired too. If you notice, Beaf, Dedeike, and co have quietly gone to rest on Nairaland. Social Media is the closest you can get to a democratic media. IF you are unpopular on social media, then you are unpopular in real life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bandits Release 10 Kaduna Baptist School Students / Ohanaeze To Meet Tinubu Over Nnamdi Kanu / How Government Can Curb Unemployment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.