Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

The Culture Lounge - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Culture Lounge (210418 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage / Drop Your Suggestions For Improving The Culture Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Culture Lounge by elvisscientist(m): 9:37am On May 06, 2018
Millions Made With This Fufu Pounding Machine
fufu pounding has been stressing using the manual method and we have designed a machine that can reduce your stress and make you a millionaire in months
have been using this machine for two years and have made money through this awesome fufu machine

about the machine

its easy to operate
its pounds the fufu very smoothly and can be consumed after pounding immidiately
doesnt habour microbes as the machine has a pot that can be cleaned after use
uses fuel as its source of power
less noise and can be used in your kitchen

intrested persons should contact me on
whatsapp...08103107555
email..elvisfrosh@gmail.com

Re: The Culture Lounge by Hebziber(m): 1:09am On May 07, 2018
YOU WILL FIND THIS VIDEO INTERESTING
CLICK TO WATCH: MYSTERY OF PROPHETIC ARTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTCyoXnE_cM
Re: The Culture Lounge by Hebziber(m): 1:12am On May 07, 2018
click to watch
THE GOSPEL OF STARS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1qCmSCACRM
Re: The Culture Lounge by Preciouzword: 7:45pm On May 16, 2018
It's Mother's Month people. Kindly follow the link below. Drop a comment in the comment box letting us know how you adore your mom and the sacrifices she's made for you. It is worth testifying about. Do it for mom today.
https://momsall.com/mothers-day-mothers-month-celebrating-mothers/
Re: The Culture Lounge by Whyke141: 2:55pm On May 26, 2018
Start your weekend with "I AM RACIST" by Dipantiche Naporoo Shitobu - The Creative Thinker.

Telling the African tale is our business & here is one of our end products... I am Not A Colour/I am A Colour?. Decide for yourself now!

Read poem via���
http://www.whykeanthology.com/2018/05/i-am-racist.html

Brought To You By Whyke Anthology
Re: The Culture Lounge by Sheridale(f): 5:34am On Jun 15, 2018
Analysis of Section Initiate Degree 4 Monograph 7
(Defending AMORC against Pierre S. Freeman Critics)

Our incapacity to comprehend the noumena as well as the Divine Reality makes it difficult for the mind to hold totally the understanding of God. It is when we join the spiritual plane that this understanding can be possible. But as long as the soul given up in death is imperfect, instead of entering the spiritual plan, it will end up in the cosmic plane. According to this theory, the understanding we long for will still prove evasive of grasp under ordinary circumstances. This particular teaching of the class master proves Pierre S. Freeman’s claims against the Rosicrucian teachings a blasphemy against the Order and its members.

In this concluding monograph of the Master Monograph you will learn a new term, Noumenon. This term is sourced from the works of Plato, which is the opposite of the term phenomenon. The monograph in lieu of the terms also explains that al reality is not intelligent. The Dictionary of Philosophy says that noumena, the plural form of noumenon, are the first principles and sources of all things. The Master Monograph contains further explanation and more information regarding this topic. I recommend that you refer to the Master Monograph to get a better understanding of the topic under review.

Still in reference to Nodin’s manuscript from the monographs prior to this, the class master quotes one of Nodin’s statements. The statement in question is stated by Nodin as, “Man, in his state of exile is unable to perceive the noumena of Divine Reality. Throughout his incarnation, his consciousness is subject to the phenomena of Earthly Actuality”. In order to understand Nodin’s quotation stated above, it must be first explained that the term noumenon is a Greek word, which in English means a thing perceived or thought. First used by Plato to depict the essence that gives rise to all sorts of manifestations, noumena were said to be the earthly representations we bear of our immaterial person. Every material thing, whether animate or inanimate, – are forms that are used to give clue to what exists in the spiritual realm.

The noumena are taught by the Rosicrucian class teacher to be composed of the positive and negative vibrations of the Ether. The class teacher also explained that our natural senses provide insufficient information about the noumenon. Hence we, as humans cannot genuinely grasp the understanding of our natural environment. Everything that we see we perceive in a light that is incomprehensible to our mental faculties. Every object has its own inner realities that are somewhat elusive to the sense of touch. It is the exterior we feel and are left unaware of the internal components of our immediate environment.

Every sense of our body including the sense of taste, smells etc., does not receive as much information about the stimulus received from the environment as purported to. Hence the understanding of the noumena is not allowed. The Divine Reality is the spiritual dimension of this natural world and its impression is sometimes not made on the senses, hence corroborating the thoughts that the Noumena cannot be understood under normal circumstances.

Divine Reality as described by the class teacher in this monograph is a world of unity, unlike our earthly world of diversity. When one enters that realm during meditation and one sees a stone, it is said that the stone represents the person. But if the person witnesses another object, it doesn’t matter as that object represents the person in that particular state. The monograph also teaches us that within the Cosmic Plane exist the three main Divine states including the Divine Omniscience, Omnipresence and Omnipotence. Excerpts from the works of renowned Mystics of ancient times were cited and quoted to give better understanding on the teachings of Divine Reality. (Please refer to the master monograph to get a glimpse of what these Mystics thought about the subject of study)

Our incapacity to comprehend the noumena as well as the Divine Reality makes it difficult for the mind to hold totally the understanding of God. It is when we join the spiritual plane that this understanding can be possible. But as long as the soul given up in death is imperfect, instead of entering the spiritual plan, it will end up in the cosmic plane. According to this theory, the understanding we long for will still prove evasive of grasp under ordinary circumstances. This particular teaching of the class master proves Pierre S. Freeman’s claims against the Rosicrucian teachings a blasphemy against the Order and its members.

Support AMORC at : www.watchingout4AMORC.org
Please like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/watchingout4AMORC/

Re: The Culture Lounge by Godhead4(m): 8:11am On Jun 21, 2018
H

Re: The Culture Lounge by Funmitrends(m): 7:00am On Jun 28, 2018
Meanwhile France's Macron Brings Back National Service Via ladunliadinews

The French government has introduced a plan to bring back national service for all 16-year-olds.
It was an idea put forward by Emmanuel Macron in his presidential campaign, to promote a sense of civic duty and national unity among French youth.

READ MORE >> http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2018/06/frances-macron-brings-back-national.html

Re: The Culture Lounge by IMLists: 5:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
Africans in diaspora are doing quite well in keeping alive their culture through dance and other forms cultural entertainment. Adanta African Dancers in London are such Africans.

Adanta is an award winning Nigerian cultural dance group based in London. I attended a wedding in London and they were the hired Nigerian dancers for the entertainment. So I have actually seen them perform and they were simply amazing!
Re: The Culture Lounge by theoriginalgood: 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
The funny thing about any culture is that if any of it goes against what is Godly and righteous, then such deed must be avoided. Just my opinion! Many are already wallowing in their sinner lives. I hope at least one person is interested in the “Good God Culture” lol

https://www.nairaland.com/4831069/truth-set-free-john-8
Re: The Culture Lounge by Jazzomoney(m): 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
Getting Everything You Need By Favour

I don't know if you are presently in the state I was several years ago. I entered each new year with great expectations, hoping and praying that this year will be my BIG BREAK . But as the months roll by, my hope begin to gradually Dwain and drain away and suddenly it is December and my greatest goal has not been achieved.

That thing am expecting did not happen. Then the sermons in every church service now switch to " The God of the eleventh hour" My God can still do a miracle within the few days remaining for the year to run to an end.
And suddenly my hope jerks up again. Expecting a miracle that will never happen.
And the next thing I hear is: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
Again? I can't believe that nothing special happened to me all through the year.
Now it's a new year again, the same old pattern is about to repeat itself all over again. Starting the year with great enthusiasm and expection without nothing to show at the end of the year.

IF 2019 CONTINUES FOR YOU THE SAME WAY, THEN IT IS YOUR FAULT.
Now is the time to take an action that will change the course of the events in your life forever.
There was a day that my life changed. There was something I came across and since that day, each year has become very rewarding and my achievements are mind blowing.

Do you know that you can achieve everything that your heart desires if you know how to make it happen?
Do you know that everything you see on the physical is being controlled and manipulated from the invisible?

Do you know that it's not everybody that struggles to achieve things like you do?

At least you know someone close to you who achieves things so easily; there is something spiritual they are doing, to make things happen for them, but they won't tell you.

This is not a sales pitch, I am not just trying to sell you something; I want to introduce you to something that will change the course of events in your life. I am writing to you from the bottom of my heart, to make 2019 the best year ever for you.

How will you feel if in this year 2019 everything you lay your hands upon just prospers. As a business person you are just attracting numerous customers, making so much sales that gets your bank manager to notice you, because of the amount of money you deposit on a daily or weekly basis. And this is your own legitimate money. Cool cash that belongs to you, not your boss.

Everything you need in this world is in the hands of people, and if they like you they will hand it over to you, if need be. It is called "THE POWER OF FAVOUR". This was what God used to handover the wealth of the Egyptians to the Israelites when they were about leaving the land of Egypt. He made them to find so much favour in the sight of the Egyptians, and everything the Israelites needed was given to them free of charge. You can get the contract, endorsement, promotion, marriage, love, whatever it is you want, if only the person incharge of the decision making on the other end likes you and falls in love with you. If they like you, they will favour you and give you anything you want.

This is different from hypnotizing people or using charm on them. No! It is called unusual favour, People just fall in love with you so much that they are ready to do anything to help you.
When they hear you are in need they are ready to give up anything within their power to assist you.
You will begin to experience this type of strong favour from everyone you come in contact with, if you start using the "Road Opening Soap" which am using. I have been using this soap for a while now and I WANT YOU TO TRY IT.
The ball is now in your court. You can choose to doubt me and let 2019 pass you by like every other year, or you can choose to give it a shot. There is no harm in trying what is good.

This favour soap will break any limiting forces in your life. The power of God will over-shadow you and begin to lead your steps aright to the very place where your breakthrough is. No monitoring spirit can monitor your movement any longer.

The God that made the heavens and the earth will see to it that you prosper in this year 2019, that is if you coorperate with me and let us work together. I will give you some specific instructions and a prayer pamphlet.
Your breakthrough is sure and guaranteed by the grace of God.

It is God that answers prayers not man, but there are some bad people who are trying to tamper with and delay your destiny. But in the name of Jesus, all their plans and effort will not work out in this year 2019 by the time you and I start working together spiritually.

Now I want you to go deep inside your heart right now as you are reading this, and think about this, " what is that big thing or event that you desire to happen in your life? Please take a moment, pause, and figure it out. If you can decide what you want in 2019, you can see it become a reality. Just believe and do what I ask you to do.

You can come to my office to get it, where you will meet with me face to face. You and I will sit down together to discuss and I will give you further instructions on how to use this "Road opening Soap".

Address: No 2, Akindele Coker Street, Coker bus-stop. Liasu road, ikotun-egbe Lagos.

TEL: 08062308111,

I.G: @wisdomdynasty01

If you live outside Lagos, please call, +2348028322329 or +2348062308111 and we will get the soap across to you through our courier service.

The devil and his cohorts want you to ignore this article, so that they can keep dealing with you in your ignorance. Don't allow it!!!. Resist the devil and he will flee away from you.

Remember this, " it is a sign of madness, for you to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result."

2019 is the year to try something new. And you will see the difference. By the grace of God, you will give your testimony in Jesus name.
I'm expecting your call.

1 Share

Re: The Culture Lounge by dz13: 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2019
Take Nigerian culture internationally!

https://m.tiktok.com/v/6637752046332153094.html?u_code=cm2fm2g8ddh62i&preview_pb=4&language=en&timestamp=1547748225&utm_campaign=client_share&app=musically&utm_medium=ios&user_id=6533124935655625728&tt_from=copy&utm_source=copy&copytype=0

Please add whatsapp: +86 18811042246 if you wanna create videos like this and gain fans on a global platform!! You'll get a creator manager to help you grow! smiley
Re: The Culture Lounge by Undertaker001: 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2019
ok
Re: The Culture Lounge by ExplicitSuccess: 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2019
This is the perfect way to keep a relationship working
https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-apologize-for-a-mistake-professionally/
Re: The Culture Lounge by DOBOEFEMENA: 11:59am On Mar 15, 2019
Traditional African game

Who remembers the days we used to play games like suwe, police and thief, fire on the mountain, ten ten and ayo.

Now with the advent of technology we can play some of these games online.

Did you know there is a version of the ayo game online.

It is called Awale Online and it is a strategy game among the Mancala family of board games played in West Africa
and worldwide. The goal of the game is to capture more seeds than one's opponent.

It is a digital version of the Ayo and played on a rectangular carved board by two players with 12 round pits, 6 on each side
and 48 seeds.

Get the game here: Download.ahagamecenter.com

Which other traditional or childhood african games do you know?

Re: The Culture Lounge by DOBOEFEMENA: 12:00pm On Mar 15, 2019
@elvisscientist is it only fufu this machine can pound?
Re: The Culture Lounge by DOBOEFEMENA: 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2019
Traditional Games in Africa

Who remembers the days we used to play games like suwe, police and thief, fire on the mountain, ten ten and ayo.

Now with the advent of technology we can play some of these games online.

Did you know there is a version of the ayo game online.

It is called Awale Online and it is a strategy game among the Mancala family of board games played in West Africa
and worldwide. The goal of the game is to capture more seeds than one's opponent.

It is a digital version of the Ayo and played on a rectangular carved board by two players with 12 round pits, 6 on each side
and 48 seeds.

Get the game here: Download.ahagamecenter.com

Which other traditional or childhood african games do you know?

Re: The Culture Lounge by peacefull(f): 4:17am On Mar 19, 2019
Hello.
I wanna know something about Nigerian culture.

*When birth baby, will massage baby's head?
*If not pay for bride price, will not count that marriage?
*If husband die, wife will shave hair?
*What is meeting? Only men go to(have) meeting? What is discussion about on meeting?

Can someone Please teach me?
I'm sorry for my bad English.
I can't write well. Sorry.
Re: The Culture Lounge by beatmonster(m): 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
peacefull:
Hello.
I wanna know something about Nigerian culture.

*When birth baby, will massage baby's head?
*If not pay for bride price, will not count that marriage?
*If husband die, wife will shave hair?
*What is meeting? Only men go to(have) meeting? What is discussion about on meeting?

Can someone Please teach me?
I'm sorry for my bad English.
I can't write well. Sorry.

Nigeria has so many cultures, I think you meant Igbo culture.

* Widows shave hair as mark of respect for their dead husband*

* Meeting mean gathering. People gather to have discussion on various issues*

*You "can't" marry a girl without paying her bride price "
Re: The Culture Lounge by peacefull(f): 4:53am On Mar 20, 2019
beatmonster:

Nigeria has so many cultures, I think you meant Igbo culture.

* Widows shave hair as mark of respect for their dead husband*

* Meeting mean gathering. People gather to have discussion on various issues*

*You "can't" marry a girl without paying her bride price "

Thank you for answering my questions.
Thank you so much!! I appreciate you.

That meeting is Resident association? Everybody must join?
I know some Nigerian peoples have something like community in my country.

I was very surprise when I heard about shave hair. Is it rude if not shave hair? If not shave, peoples think that wife has no respect for husband? If wife die, what husband will do? Shave hair too?

Can't marry without paying bride price?! shocked
I saw many Topics about bride price on this Website. Seems like not cheap. So if a man can't pay, They will wait till pay it? What about woman? They also pay something or buy something? My husband told me that woman's side will buy home appliances etc.
If both of them can't do that, They can't marry?

I'm sorry for asking you many questions.
If not disturbing you or bothering you, Can you teach me?
Re: The Culture Lounge by beatmonster(m): 9:09am On Mar 20, 2019
peacefull:

Thank you for answering my questions.
Thank you so much!! I appreciate you.

That meeting is Resident association? Everybody must join?
I know some Nigerian peoples have something like community in my country.

I was very surprise when I heard about shave hair. Is it rude if not shave hair? If not shave, peoples think that wife has no respect for husband? If wife die, what husband will do? Shave hair too?

Can't marry without paying bride price?! shocked
I saw many Topics about bride price on this Website. Seems like not cheap. So if a man can't pay, They will wait till pay it? What about woman? They also pay something or buy something? My husband told me that woman's side will buy home appliances etc.
If both of them can't do that, They can't marry?

I'm sorry for asking you many questions.
If not disturbing you or bothering you, Can you teach me?

Yes, Igbo people do gather in Japan and other countries they find themselves to help each other out and advance their interests. we believe in communal strength.

Shaving of hair is a culture that is evolving. It is no longer enforced as it used to be. Things are changing. men don't shave hair when their wives die.

Bride price varies depending on the community. Man pay bride price to the woman's family, the woman's family accepts or rejects the bride price. That's how it works. If a man can't pay bride price, then he is not ready for marriage. Woman doesn't pay anything.
Re: The Culture Lounge by peacefull(f): 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2019
beatmonster:

Yes, Igbo people do gather in Japan and other countries they find themselves to help each other out and advance their interests. we believe in communal strength.

Shaving of hair is a culture that is evolving. It is no longer enforced as it used to be. Things are changing. men don't shave hair when their wives die.

Bride price varies depending on the community. Man pay bride price to the woman's family, the woman's family accepts or rejects the bride price. That's how it works. If a man can't pay bride price, then he is not ready for marriage. Woman doesn't pay anything.

Thank you so much!! I'm really appreciate you!!

Meeting is helping each other and discussion many things, sharing something etc? Am I correct? Women can't join that meeting? or there have only women's meeting?

Shaving hair is like past?
Yes, I think in Japan also many things are changing. Many things are different between elder generation and young generation.

About bride price, depending on the community is about village?
Now I understand that why my husband told me marriage is difficult to young peoples in Nigeria. Maybe because of money?
He doesn't pay bride price. He said because I'm not Nigerian. So if partner is foreigner, don't need pay it but count that marriage? He told me if not pay it in Nigeria, that marriage is not working(not count, family will not allow). What about in abroad? Seems like bride price is very important for marriage in Nigeria.

Sorry for asking you too much. I'm sorry and Thank you so much for answering me. I'm really appreciate you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Black African Nobility Of Ancient Europe / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / Please, Teach Me Efik/ibibio (calabar/akwa-ibom) Language.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.