Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,980 members, 7,956,658 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:22 PM

Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul (16760 Views)

You're Unemployed, Broke And Frustrated. What Do You Do?... / Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? / SOS Help A Frustrated Job Seeker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by faithclin(f): 3:23pm On Dec 05, 2012
stanbic ibtc is recruiting. Qualification: Bsc (2:2), NYSC, any discipline. Please send cvs to Nasiru.Ahmed@stanbicibtc.com Application ends tmrw 6th dec.

Information is Key.... You have a fone don't just use it to chat! Check the net! Loads of opportunities abound!
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by hayo(m): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
@ OP

I mailed you and it bounced back -- Robertomatteo@yahoo.com
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Robertomatteo@yahoo.com
A problem occurred during the delivery of this message to this e-mail address. Try sending this message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by monkvirus(m): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
Gentle Naaz: My man u r a compound disgrace 2 ur family. Wetn b ur career? Abi u go study rubish cos 4 skul wan come gt beta job. Go ur village go do farmology

Not being able to read is a very serious disease, look at a community disgrace calling someone a compound disgrace.
Reading is a skill acquire it.*SMH*

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
a fool has comment.
cramjones: Already I have discredited you:

1. Are you telling us you want to join a drug gang as a form of threat? You want us to be under duress to give you a job?

2. Secondly, you are supposedly looking for a job and all you care about to tell us is the minimum salary you need? Who does that? Why not tell us your qualifications and your special skills?

3. Please my friend you are free to be in a drug...Remember there is no justification for crime and going by your above post...I don't even think you will be a good employee! There is a lot of room for improvement on your side.

THANKS!

CRAMJONES
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by faithclin(f): 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
monkvirus:

Not being able to read is a very serious disease, look at a community disgrace calling someone a compound disgrace.
Reading is a skill acquire it.*SMH*

LMAO
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Slim101(m): 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
Robertomatteo:
Thank you Mr Jarus for the kind words and compliments. I read Environmental Biology in school and finished with a second class lower. I have not been called up for any interview yet and often times I lay it down to the fact that I graduated with a second class lower in a less glamorous course of study but the truth is that I know what I can offer as an individual.

When it comes to skills, the only one I have is the ability to write. However, in these months I have been Idle, I have been cheated countless times all in the name of writing for people. No one wants to pay, and those that will pay can only part with paltry sums barely enough to pay for the internet research time. If I have been able to land a writing or editing job with reasonable pay, I won't be in this situation today.

Regarding having patience, I wish I could do more than this. You are right with my Graduation and NYSC timing but Sir, I simply cannot afford to go into next year without anything doing. Who knows, I could even be thrown out of the current place am staying anytime soon as the guy am staying with is already showing negative vibes and going back home will only kill my parents a little further.

Painfully, I see people I am much better than academically landing positions all over Abuja (both government and private parastatals on a daily basis).

@OP I feel your pain and quite understand what you must be going through, but alas you're still in a better situation (@ the moment) than a lot of other folks. Be positive. Think of what you can do on your own for the meantime and who knows, a salary paying job might come later.
My wife is an example, she finished her service year in 2006 and didn't get a job (in a bank) till April this year. After staying @ home for years, she decided to open a Noodle & fried egg joint. She's a very industrious woman and she can't get her integrity dirty (like a lot of our ladies nowadays) cos of the "no job" excuse. She got by with her trade and even employed younger girls later on. She never gave up on her job hunting non the less and God crowned her efforts 6 YEARS after NYSC (exactly 6 months after wedding) and mind you, she got the banking job without knowing anybody.
I'll advise you to think of what you can do and be positive (though I know it could be hard and frustrating too) Good luck.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by AjanleKoko: 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sometimes, when things like these happen, it's an opportunity for people like the OP to find themselves.
Not everything is about job or white-collar work, or degrees. You could look at other things outside the academic purview. Some people take classes in IT, others learn catering or fashion designing.

Part of our problem in Nigeria is, most of the young people don't know how to do anything. We just trudge on through some meaningless academic disciplines and hope to land some sort of mouth-watering white-collar job. There is never really anything like luck. Most times you need to create your own luck.

A university buddy of mine studied biochemistry. Of course he couldn't find anything when he graduated. So he went to some school of secretarial studies in Lagos, where he learnt speedwriting, computer appreciation, bla bla bla. He got a number of secretarial jobs, worked as PA to the MD in a number of companies, and ended up in a bank. Today he's a senior manager in one of the first generation banks.

The road is never smooth and straight. Also there is no clear-cut solution to unemployment. So, OP, try to get busy doing something with your life. Jobs aren't typically gotten by charity or pity, or respect for what degrees you have collected. Harsh, but it is what it is. Hope all of this connects with you somehow.

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 3:35pm On Dec 05, 2012
faithclin: stanbic ibtc is recruiting. Qualification: Bsc (2:2), NYSC, any discipline. Please send cvs to Nasiru.Ahmed@stanbicibtc.com Application ends tmrw 6th dec.

Information is Key.... You have a fone don't just use it to chat! Check the net! Loads of opportunities abound!
Thank you so much. I just tried to send an application and the person behind the email replied saying its not true that they are recruiting.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
AjanleKoko: Sometimes, when things like these happen, it's an opportunity for people like the OP to find themselves.
Not everything is about job or white-collar work, or degrees. You could look at other things outside the academic purview. Some people take classes in IT, others learn catering or fashion designing.

Part of our problem in Nigeria is, most of the young people don't know how to do anything. We just trudge on through some meaningless academic disciplines and hope to land some sort of mouth-watering white-collar job. There is never really anything like luck. Most times you need to create your own luck.

A university buddy of mine studied biochemistry. Of course he couldn't find anything when he graduated. So he went to some school of secretarial studies in Lagos, where he learnt speedwriting, computer appreciation, bla bla bla. He got a number of secretarial jobs, worked as PA to the MD in a number of companies, and ended up in a bank. Today he's a senior manager in one of the first generation banks.

The road is never smooth and straight. Also there is no clear-cut solution to unemployment. So, OP, try to get busy doing something with your life. Jobs ain't gotten by charity, or respect for degrees. Harsh, but it is what it is. Hope all of this connects with you somehow.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Slyp: 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
free2ryhme:

drop your email privately... is this privately?

are u the only one interested in his email? Others could be of help to him as well.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by collinsfbi(m): 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
hardbody:

Bros, you guys baffle me a lot. Must everything be traced to witches and wizards in the family? The truth is, the OP is not connected and secondly there are many qualified people going after too few jobs. If you have contacts, just let him know, do not ascribe lack of job or slow progress in life to haters at home. It may be possible that this could be the case, but it does not always answer all the questions as to why one is not making steady progress in life.

@OP, do not taint your hands and enslave your spirit by going into drugs or anything negative. Search for jobs online (including NAIRALAND) and post your CV to Jobberman (Google that). I have held down a few jobs, and still on one currently, i did not get any of them by knowing anybody, i just applied myself and guess what, i will never claim to be a saint. God will answer you in his own due time.
I can see you know nothing, where did you see me mentioning witches and wizards? Nothing good comes easy and everything good in life needs the support of God, only in God you can secure your life, your job and everything you have. Romans 8:28 "...all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose"

Gbamm over n out
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Coldfeet(f): 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2012
Robertomatteo:
Thank you sir. My email is Robertomatteo34@yahoo.com
Robertomatteo? is that your real name? You seriously want someone to give you a job and you are presenting an email ad you just created for the purpose of this thread?
IF INDEED YOU ARE SERIOUS SEND ME A MAIL WITH A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR CV AND PASSPORT ATTACHED!!!! Then will i do something for you.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
Robertomatteo:

What I have written up there is just a honest outpouring of emotions. Heck, I don't even have the cajones to go into drug trafficking. About my mentioning a minimum salary, that is just what I desire for myself at this time. It doesn't mean I would turn down offers that fall short of that (as long as those offers are in companies with a room for having a defined career path).
However, If you think I would be a bad employee. That is your own opinion Sir. Thanks a lot.

pls dont take my message personal...that was my initial perception....whatever the case though NEVER EVER GIVE UP.....keep your head high!
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by adonisyung(m): 3:53pm On Dec 05, 2012
Can't believe that after these whole awoko(9t reading)I will graduate and sm1 won't get æ job! И̲̮̣̥̅̊ɑ̤̥̈̊ music straight oooo....(Writting song)
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by osifred(m): 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
atasteve: I don't know if you are ready to switch career.

I have a vacancy on buidling a career in HR; you may send your CV to

igoche.egwu@firstcitygroup.com for the role of HR trainee. Age limit is 28 years.

You may also send your e-mail address to me so that if I come across any vacancy, I can send to you.

Boss each time I send you a mail with that Id. I get a returned mail not delivered. (am sure its because of the e mail type. Do you have @yahoo.com or @gmail.com) . I have tried to pm on nairaland but to no avail. Pls send me Ur mail. Mine is wokofred4reel@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by faithclin(f): 3:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
Coldfeet: Robertomatteo? is that your real name? You seriously want someone to give you a job and you are presenting an email ad you just created for the purpose of this thread?
IF INDEED YOU ARE SERIOUS SEND ME A MAIL WITH A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR CV AND PASSPORT ATTACHED!!!! Then will i do something for you.

He's a Chelsea Fan Lmao
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by osifred(m): 4:01pm On Dec 05, 2012

igoche.egwu@firstcitygroup.com for the role of HR trainee. Age limit is 28 years.

You may also send your e-mail address to me so that if I come across any vacancy, I can send to you.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
Coldfeet: Robertomatteo? is that your real name? You seriously want someone to give you a job and you are presenting an email ad you just created for the purpose of this thread?
Of course it is not my real name Ma. This is a faceless forum and regardless of situation I don't think its wise to divulge personal information that easily. I have already sent out my CV to a few well meaning individuals that have tried to contact me and I will still do it again if you allow me to. Just send your email to that address and I will forward my CV to you. Thanks
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by An0nimus: 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
Good Lord pls surprise the OP b4 this year ends. Amen.
@OP Don't forget to share your testimony on NL. Bless

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Coldfeet(f): 4:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
Robertomatteo:
Of course it is not my real name Ma. This is a faceless forum and regardless of situation I don't think its wise to divulge personal information that easily. I have already sent out my CV to a few well meaning individuals that have tried to contact me and I will still do it again if you allow me to. Just send your email to that address and I will forward my CV to you. Thanks
OSIFRED member since 2008!!! ROBERTOMATTEO just registered today!!! Are you one and the same? I asked Robertomatteo to send me a mail but got one from Osifred instead!!!
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
Coldfeet: OSIFRED member since 2008!!! ROBERTOMATTEO just registered today!!! Are you one and the same? I asked Robertomatteo to send me a mail but got one from Osifred instead!!!
I do not know any OSIFRED please. Probably trying to take advantage of the thread.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2012
An0nimus: Good Lord pls surprise the OP b4 this year ends. Amen.
@OP Don't forget to share your testimony on NL. Bless
Thanks Bro.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by sucrecandy(m): 4:37pm On Dec 05, 2012

Am I free to apply too? I know this is a special recommendation but you won't believe how many people are in same shoes as him but too sanctimonious to speak out...
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Nonybb: 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
davroca16: @op the bible says the struggles of this world is niether for. The swift nor the strong. But it is for those that give the almighty GOD the chance to take controll over their life. Some. Wealthy people did not get their wealth because of their nice grades in school, most of them did not complete their education, they had their wealth because they found favour in GOD. Ur certificate contributes just 9 percent of the sucess u can aquire in life I.e if GOD wants to bless you he does not need ur grades nor ur certificates all HE needs from u is just for u to TRUST him, have faith in HIM. and deVote some of ur time to GOD by praying. That's all u need for GOD to bless you...................
@davroca sincerely ur advise is the TRUTH!
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by hagma37yahoocom: 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
Robertomatteo:
God bless you bro. Kindly give me the application link to the FirstBank job.
You needing a link to that firstbank job shows that their are still some line you need to cross interms of job search.
Well, subcribe to www.graduatejobs360.com and www.nigerianbestforum.com
Visit www.naijahotjob.com for job info,if you have any test/interview to attend just post it in the forum answer s would keep coming on what you need to know.
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by osifred(m): 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
Robertomatteo:
I do not know any OSIFRED please. Probably trying to take advantage of the thread.

We are not the same person. I like to see myself as an applicant though am still serving. I tried sending you a mail cos u said you could be of help to the poster. I still will want to send my cv to you that is if you don't mind
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Nonybb: 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
@coldfeet leave him ma'am hes not serious. Send it here @ nonyweb247@yahoo.com
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Youngzedd(m): 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
faithclin:

He's a Chelsea Fan Lmao

What has this got to do with the thread?

Easy bro.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
hagma37@yahoo.com:

You needing a link to that firstbank job shows that their are still some line you need to cross interms of job search.
Well, subcribe to www.graduatejobs360.com and www.nigerianbestforum.com
Visit www.naijahotjob.com for job info,if you have any test/interview to attend just post it in the forum answer s would keep coming on what you need to know.
Goodluck.
Thanks for your post. Any serious Job Seeker knows all those websites. I just wanted to be sure if it is different from the one that has to do with this link.
http://www.firstbanknigeria.com/careers/recruitment/banking-foundation-pool
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by buchibabe: 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2012
Anybody dat mocks d op is a wicked,heartless,self-centred *nd immature fellow. Anyyone could be in his shoes.
Dat d grass is green on ur side of d world doesn't mean its d same for all
Abeg my broda,Dnt give up. Dia is always a light at d end of d tunnel

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Kzinne: 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
go sit down, abi u wan use style toast d guy

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Nonybb: 4:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
Gentle Naaz: My man u r a compound disgrace 2 ur family. Wetn b ur career? Abi u go study rubish cos 4 skul wan come gt beta job. Go ur village go do farmology
u are one of the biggest idiot i hv seen in my entire whole life. The hating in u hv made u a confused mad man

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? / UPDATE: Npower Sent Out Acknowledgment Of Application / MTN Call Center -mayfair Garden By Cnssl/ison Bpo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.