Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul (16756 Views)

You're Unemployed, Broke And Frustrated. What Do You Do?... / Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? / SOS Help A Frustrated Job Seeker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by 3direct: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2012
Ok you need a job?

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by free2ryhme: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2012
guy brace up! there are some who has finished since 2006 no job . yes no job. i spoke with a lady friend on Facebook and I was shocked by her confession.. No job no husband nothing just book book book .. bros it is well ooo

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by collinsfbi(m): 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
Robertomatteo: I have always heard that succeeding in Nigeria without going into crime is very hard but I have always waved it aside when I see young men and women at the top of their fields doing great. I have always wished that one day I could be like one of these people.

Now, I graduated since 2010 and have served but till now am yet to get any reasonable Job. I stay in Abuja and have submitted applications to virtually every thinkable corner but regrettably, I have only been called up by people offering only blue collar appointments. Places that do not have any means of impacting on your life career wise. Currently, I am working with a guy dealing in phone accessories just to get money for daily meals. Why I am so frustrated is that I am the first in a family of 9 and with my graduation, my parents thought I would be of help to the family soon after school but alas, their dreams don't look like coming to pass. Now, I am being tempted to join a drug trafficking circle. I know all the inherent risk in this type of business but what other choice do I have? I was thinking all through the night and I just thought of coming here to see if I can get alternative help.

Like I said, I stay in Abuja. I am looking for a Job that can pay me N50,000 for a start at least. I don't mind what the Job entails, heck it doesn't even have to be the usual white collar job. Any role that can give me a steady income with room for expansion and advancement in the future.
Please nairalanders, I believe someone on this site can be used by God to turn things around for me. I don't want to go into January next year with this uncertainty hanging around my neck.

And yes, feel free to insult me for indulging in self-pity.
I really feel your pains but let me ask you just only one question, do you know God or rather what is your personal relationship with God? Nothing good comes easy, retrace you path back to God, don't look at your condition with ordinary eyes though there thousand of jobless graduates out there with better grades than yours but have nothing to eat, yours is not an exception but try and give God a chance in your life, He will break every personal and family curses and covenants’ of stagnation in your life and you will smile in no time. It is not all about looking for job, it is all about you getting a job through God. Try God and you will never be the same again.

Gbamm over n out

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by farm4u: 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
Can you send me an email to farmafrica@aol.com also have a look @our web site and see what we do www.farmafricanigeria.com,what ever you do just hang in there.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by NessaFresh(f): 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
Put your problems in God's hands
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by FlamingGun: 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
Do not turn down a blue collar job. It's a start. These days, having a degree in any field is not an automatic door-opener.

Learn a skill; go knocking on doors (corporate doors), not necessarily with an application but a real offer to work even on part time. You may not be paid 50 000 but you will have an experience to add to your CV.

Drug-trafficking: you are on your own. You will be used as a mule and end up in prison, if not dead.

FG

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
cramjones: Already I have discredited you:

1. Are you telling us you want to join a drug gang as a form of threat? You want us to be under duress to give you a job?

2. Secondly, you are supposedly looking for a job and all you care about to tell us is the minimum salary you need? Who does that? Why not tell us your qualifications and your special skills?

3. Please my friend you are free to be in a drug...Remember there is no justification for crime and going by your above post...I don't even think you will be a good employee! There is a lot of room for improvement on your side.

THANKS!

CRAMJONES

What I have written up there is just a honest outpouring of emotions. Heck, I don't even have the cajones to go into drug trafficking. About my mentioning a minimum salary, that is just what I desire for myself at this time. It doesn't mean I would turn down offers that fall short of that (as long as those offers are in companies with a room for having a defined career path).
However, If you think I would be a bad employee. That is your own opinion Sir. Thanks a lot.

7 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by hayo(m): 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
@Ajanlekoko - he already took a blue collar job : "Currently, I am working with a guy dealing in phone accessories just to get money for daily meals"

@ Poster,

As Jarus rightly pointed out - your writing skill is impressive. And before someone asks how that should influence job prospects - it does a lot actually. Most jobs apart from Engineering, Medicine and other highly specialized fields need articulate and intelligent graduates who are trainable and can communicate effectively.
I think you have not put yourself out enough in a more positive light. Let's start with your CV. The chance of getting shortlisted can be improved if your CV is well written. I will assist by revising your resume if you want. Drop your email address privately if possible and I will mail you.
Please don't get discouraged, you should not be too far from a breakthrough. And note, going into a life of crime never helps. The end is always bad.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Koolking(m): 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
Robertomatteo:

Painfully, I see people I am much better than academically landing positions all over Abuja (both government and private parastatals on a daily basis).

You wouldnt think rationally if you contemplate much on the above. You are not in the worst situation dude. . .be thankful. I have seen people in seemingly worst situations. You got skills, passion and eagerness, there is HOPE, unless you are hopeless already. Shortcut (crime) does not pay, you will may not live to enjoy your loots and you will only succeeded in breaking your parents' heart. They (parents) still believe in you, you have to believe in yourself and GOD. I understand your situation. It is not isolated in Nigeria. Majority of Nigerian graduates have been there. There is no cloud that the sun cannot shine through. Register on Jobberman and Global Career Company. Consider taking up appointment even if they pay 20K, you can never tell what will happpen or who you will meet by leaving your house every morning for the 20k job. Keep faith alive and you will be glad you did.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by paulharry: 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
please brother dont go into drug business. you may just start today and get caught and i assure you that will even kill your parents faster. remember patience is a virtue. all the successful men today all have a story to tell and when you listen to them,you will marvel at how they were able to pull through. you dont have to be so desperate. yo can continue with the place you are now if it keeps body and soul together while you keep up with the job search. i also advise you look more into self employment, try to develop your innate skills and abilities also. certificate alone does not guarantee job again in Nigeria. with the way you write i suggest you consider the HR someone suggested and continue with your search for a job. please send your email to harrylove4real200@yahoo.com if i hear or know of any place where there is opportunity i will let you know..... dont bother so much about your parents, they will pull through. just tell them to continue to pray for you. all will be fine . God bless you
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by GentleNaaz(m): 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
My man u r a compound disgrace 2 ur family. Wetn b ur career? Abi u go study rubish cos 4 skul wan come gt beta job. Go ur village go do farmology
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
hayo: @Ajanlekoko - he already took a blue collar job : "Currently, I am working with a guy dealing in phone accessories just to get money for daily meals"

@ Poster,

As Jarus rightly pointed out - your writing skill is impressive. And before someone asks how that should influence job prospects - it does a lot actually. Most jobs apart from Engineering, Medicine and other highly specialized fields need articulate and intelligent graduates who are trainable and can communicate effectively.
I think you have not put yourself out enough in a more positive light. Let's start with your CV. The chance of getting shortlisted can be improved if your CV is well written. I will assist by revising your resume if you want. Drop your email address privately if possible and I will mail you.
Please don't get discouraged, you should not be too far from a breakthrough. And note, going into a life of crime never helps. The end is always bad.
Thank you sir. My email is Robertomatteo34@yahoo.com
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
Gentle Naaz: My man u r a compound disgrace 2 ur family. Wetn b ur career? Abi u go study rubish cos 4 skul wan come gt beta job. Go ur village go do farmology
Thanks.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by hardbody: 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2012
topsyking:
Why u Pple calling for frontpage..most it be on frontpage..I hope not d same person here..anyway if u want us to av revolution in nigeria then there must be a sacrifice...just like in tunisia..the graduate guy set himself abaze and revolution start..maybe dats wht we need in naija...wat do u tink

Looks to me like you also do not have a job and neither are you self employed. In the circumstance, nothing makes the OP a better candidate than you for setting yourself ablaze. How soon are you doing that? M/O/R/O/N
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by free2ryhme: 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
Robertomatteo:
Thank you sir. My email is Robertomatteo@yahoo.com

drop your email privately... is this privately?

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by SisiKill1: 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
My post is probably gonna rub people the wrong way but I am compelled to ask.....OP what kind of job did you hope to get with a degree in Environmental Biology in a place like Nigeria? Sure the job market in Nigeria is slim pickings but some of us make it slimmer with degrees like oceonography, spaceiology etc.

Fortunately we now live in an information age where with the right tools, you can learn just about anything. While you are still looking for a job, I'd advise you to assess yourself, discover what you are very good at and find a way to turn it into a money making venture. And if you don't have one. ..Dude learn one. Website design, website management, website editor. ...those are just a few things you could look into without leaving the comfort of your home.

About your parents....I'm sorry but they need to back off. They had 9 children...not you. I am not against helping family, as a matter of fact I think it is a worthy act but not to the point where it becomes detriment to that person. Would they rather you ended up on death row in some Asian country? I doubt it. So it is better they relent on the pressure, take whatever you are capable of giving and step up on the prayers.

Best of Luck.

4 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by subzidi: 3:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
@ Poster
I would like to start by encouraging you to desist from calling or thinking that you are a frustrated soul! You become what you proffesy about yourself eventually! From today, start telling yourself YOU ARE GOOD and EMPLOYABLE only that the job(right job) has not materialised.Most of us have been in this situation one time in our life or the other. This is not heresay... Philip Oduoza the current UBA MD had a 1st Class Degree from UNN and job hunted for many years. My cousin housed him for many years both in Lag and FCT as they were classmates/friends in and from the same village too. Alas, he threw him out being humans, rshps go awry....Fast forward today, his story has changed! Then my cousin, though trying but way far below Oduoza's league!
From my observation, you have very good diction and seem to have this go-getter spirit which are pre-requisites for surviving in corporate Nigeria of today.You might send your cv to chinedu.pavina@gmail.com ! I'm not promising you a job, but would ensure your cv is submitted in places you can get a fair opportunity for job test+interview purely on merit!
All the best and keep pushing on...

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by hardbody: 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
collinsfbi: I really feel your pains but let me ask you just only one question, do you know God or rather what is your personal relationship with God? Nothing good comes easy, retrace you path back to God, don't look at your condition with ordinary eyes though there thousand of jobless graduates out there with better grades than yours but have nothing to eat, yours is not an exception but try and give God a chance in your life, He will break every personal and family curses and covenants’ of stagnation in your life and you will smile in no time. It is not all about looking for job, it is all about you getting a job through God. Try God and you will never be the same again.

Gbamm over n out

Bros, you guys baffle me a lot. Must everything be traced to witches and wizards in the family? The truth is, the OP is not connected and secondly there are many qualified people going after too few jobs. If you have contacts, just let him know, do not ascribe lack of job or slow progress in life to haters at home. It may be possible that this could be the case, but it does not always answer all the questions as to why one is not making steady progress in life.

@OP, do not taint your hands and enslave your spirit by going into drugs or anything negative. Search for jobs online (including NAIRALAND) and post your CV to Jobberman (Google that). I have held down a few jobs, and still on one currently, i did not get any of them by knowing anybody, i just applied myself and guess what, i will never claim to be a saint. God will answer you in his own due time.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2012
sub_zidi: @ Poster
I would like to start by encouraging you to desist from calling or thinking that you are a frustrated soul! You become what you proffesy about yourself eventually! From today, start telling yourself YOU ARE GOOD and EMPLOYABLE only that the job(right job) has not materialised.Most of us have been in this situation one time in our life or the other. This is not heresay... Philip Oduoza the current UBA MD had a 1st Class Degree from UNN and job hunted for many years. My cousin housed him for many years both in Lag and FCT as they were classmates/friends in and from the same village too. Alas, he threw him out being humans, rshps go awry....Fast forward today, his story has changed! Then my cousin, though trying but way far below Oduoza's league!
From my observation, you have very good diction and seem to have this go-getter spirit which are pre-requisites for surviving in corporate Nigeria of today.You might send your cv to chinedu.pavina@gmail.com ! I'm not promising you a job, but would ensure your cv is submitted in places you can get a fair opportunity for job test+interview purely on merit!
All the best and keep pushing on...
Thanks a lot.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Ucheosefoh(m): 3:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
topsyking:
Why u Pple calling for frontpage..most it be on frontpage..I hope not d same person here..anyway if u want us to av revolution in nigeria then there must be a sacrifice...just like in tunisia..the graduate guy set himself abaze and revolution start..maybe dats wht we need in naija...wat do u tink
guy if u like set ur whole family abaze nothing is going to happen na naija we dey, u will only get a front page story here or publication of ur story on newspapers, blogs and online media
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by 4teelaw(f): 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2012
Bros, send ur CV to Access Bank, dey need staff badly!
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by monkvirus(m): 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
cramjones: Already I have discredited you:

1. Are you telling us you want to join a drug gang as a form of threat? You want us to be under duress to give you a job?

2. Secondly, you are supposedly looking for a job and all you care about to tell us is the minimum salary you need? Who does that? Why not tell us your qualifications and your special skills?

3. Please my friend you are free to be in a drug...Remember there is no justification for crime and going by your above post...I don't even think you will be a good employee! There is a lot of room for improvement on your side.

THANKS!

CRAMJONES

well just because u didnt read d above posts does not mean u just open ur mouth and spill out s.hit, read properly b4 u comment.
thanks.

Thank you Mr Jarus for the kind words and compliments. I read Environmental Biology in school and finished with a second class lower. I have not been called up for any interview yet and often times I lay it down to the fact that I graduated with a second class lower in a less glamorous course of study but the truth is that I know what I can offer as an individual.

When it comes to skills, the only one I have is the ability to write
. However, in these months I have been Idle, I have been cheated countless times all in the name of writing for people. No one wants to pay, and those that will pay can only part with paltry sums barely enough to pay for the internet research time. If I have been able to land a writing or editing job with reasonable pay, I won't be in this situation today.

Regarding having patience, I wish I could do more than this. You are right with my Graduation and NYSC timing but Sir, I simply cannot afford to go into next year without anything doing. Who knows, I could even be thrown out of the current place am staying anytime soon as the guy am staying with is already showing negative vibes and going back home will only kill my parents a little further.

Painfully, I see people I am much better than academically landing positions all over Abuja (both government and private parastatals on a daily basis).
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Jarus(m): 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2012
misreal: Omo na wa oh.job for naija na wa oh.i am in de university dats y each tym i come into threads like this,i feel like crying.
That's why you have to work very hard in getting 2.1, if not First Class.

That, at least, gets you invited for tests, where you have the opportunity to prove yourself.

Apart from the social status it confers on one, my next most important driving force in striving for a good grade in the university was increasing my competitive edge. I knew there were many 2.1's out there, so I can't afford not to do better and get a step higher. I literally went for kill.
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by omar22(m): 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2012
davroca16: @op the bible says the struggles of this world is niether for. The swift nor the strong. But it is for those that give the almighty GOD the chance to take controll over their life. Some. Wealthy people did not get their wealth because of their nice grades in school, most of them did not complete their education, they had their wealth because they found favour in GOD. Ur certificate contributes just 9 percent of the sucess u can aquire in life I.e if GOD wants to bless you he does not need ur grades nor ur certificates all HE needs from u is just for u to TRUST him, have faith in HIM. and deVote some of ur time to GOD by praying. That's all u need for GOD to bless you...................

Lean not on your own understanding!!!! dont give up and dont sell yourself short!!!
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by topsyking: 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
Ucheosefoh: guy if u like set ur whole family abaze nothing is going to happen na naija we dey, u will only get a front page story here or publication of ur story on newspapers, blogs and online media
That's funny...na true u talk..even if u set ur whole family,relative,cousins ablaze nuffin will happen..na naija we dey..true talk
OVa n out
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Jussi(m): 3:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
@Robertomatteo

Email bounces, please crosscheck and post it again
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by michelle2013: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
are you a chelsea fan?
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Robertomatteo: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
Jussi: @Robertomatteo

Email bounces, please crosscheck and post it again
Sorry Sir, here it is
robertomatteo34@yahoo.com
Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by safarigirl(f): 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
Dude, I can't say I fully understand your predicament, cos I'm neither the first of my siblings nor am I a job seeker. But I know the feeling when people you're far better than get ahead. Just hold on, you've not stayed as long as thousands, but considering your position, I can understand the urgency. Keep writing, you should apply for a bank job, it's one of the easiest. I have an NL friend who offered to update people on bank jobs. You should follow him, alleviate2002us, he's got a diary here, Quiet Whispers in Words, you can get the update there, sorry I can't provide the link though. You should try out other things you're good at, you could even learn things usually for women; baking, make-up...most people would rather have men do this stuff, less competitive field for you, and you could make good dough from em. Again, have faith and hold on, your time will come.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help A Frustrated Soul by Jussi(m): 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
Ok, thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bankers, Others Take Insurance Cover Against Job Losses / How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? / UPDATE: Npower Sent Out Acknowledgment Of Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.