Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident (19815 Views)

Super Falcon's Ugo Njoku Banned And Fined / Morocco Banned From 2017, 2019 AFCON, Fined $1million / Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by izzo22: 10:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
Blue-eyed boi:
...here we go again..enof of dis conspiracy theory plz...so convinient 4u 2 forget dat he was d same ref dat officiated d 6 - 1 demolition of United by their city rivals ryt in front of their own fans..Evans was sent off in dat particular game..talk of selective memory..
so he had to compensate Dem...its was going to be another 6-1 demolished...cos he has seen it happen B4 and wasn't going to allow it again
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Blueeyedboi(m): 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2012
Lets face it...chelsea lost d game in controversial circumstances..no doubt abt dat...d accusation against d ref was chelsea's only way of getting bk at him en makin him pay 4 ruining d game 4dem..its as simple as dat..
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by vislabraye(m): 10:39pm On Dec 06, 2012
Did Mikel hear the man call him a monkey in the first place?
We were not there when it happened so we can't judge any one yet.
Mikel should brace up and take the fine like a man. He should learn to control his temper.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by TheWiseGuy(m): 10:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
Truth is, the white folks will never allow their own 2 b disgraced because of a blackman.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babadey(m): 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2012
Mr baby boy u r so stewpid. You are a disgrace to blackhood. why didn't mikel drop the case?? Mumu boy. They (chelsea) almost ruining that poor man's career and profile cos of 1st class ignorance and stewpidity displaced by mikel.U av the F right to drop a case,if and when u want to. Let's call spade a spade. The ban is small(he makes more than dat in a week,check his new contract pls). One idiat said cos he's a blackman abi, pls is evra white and suarez black?. Refs over there are well trained that they can't be so frustrated to alter any unprofessional word and to tell u, atom sorry mata and ram he rest will not give bros ode a kobo.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by basher(m): 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2012
Clemzy16: I actually saw this coming. Was mikel actually expecting anything different?! Mata was wise enough to redraw his law suit against the referee. While Obinna Michael Mumu was st[u]pid enough to continue pressing charges for something he didn't hear. He said RAMIRES told him the referee called him a monkey, but we all know that Ramires is brazilian. He's not good in english, probably the referee said "Shut up mikel" and he thought the referee said "Shut up monkey". Also, mikel wasen't the only one that filed a law suit againt the referee, the entire Chelsea FC team encouraged him to; when the case was in court, did they come out to give evidence knowing well that mikel didn't hear anything?! NO! It would have been better if Chelsea FC was fined instead. That's a white man's game for you. Now that he's banned i belive they're going to sit down and watch. Sorry mikel, but next time you have to play wisely.

MORALS: Never f[u]ck with a white man in his own country.

What are u on about? Did u read at all- "Chelsea's John Mikel Obi has been given a three-match ban and fined £60,000 by the Football Association for threatening referee Mark Clattenburg". From what I heard, he stormed into the referee changing room (an area that players are not allowed to go to) and used threatening language against the referee. Even if they were able to prove that mikel's allegations were true, mikel would have still faced disciplinary charges for his actions. In that case, the mitigating circumstances might have had a deeper effect on the outcome of any charges brought against him; ie probably an even much lesser punishment.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by akintun: 10:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
Dis is actually wrong. Haba wetin, mikel injure person
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babyboy3(m): 10:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
Blue-eyed boi:
...here we go again..enof of dis conspiracy theory plz...so convinient 4u 2 forget dat he was d same ref dat officiated d 6 - 1 demolition of United by their city rivals ryt in front of their own fans..Evans was sent off in dat particular game..talk of selective memory..

And he never ref another game at Old Trafford since then.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by uchedydy: 10:50pm On Dec 06, 2012
anitank: 60,000pounds? shocked shocked shocked shocked Thats huge money ooo

thats less than one week wage for mikel oooo
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babyboy3(m): 10:57pm On Dec 06, 2012
Mr baby boy u r so stewpid. You are a disgrace to blackhood. why didn't mikel drop the case?

Dumbo!!!! It was the society of Black Lawyer who reported it to the police, not MIkel, Not Chelsea, no case was put forward, the police came asked questions and it was dropped due to lack of evidence.... Mikel didnt drop anything.

? Mumu boy. They (chelsea) almost ruining that poor man's career and profile cos of 1st class ignorance and stewpidity displaced by mikel.

Uh!!!!!

U av the F right to drop a case,if and when u want to. Let's call spade a spade.

No case was dropped both the Police and FA cleared the ref due to lack of evidence, The police or should I say Scotland yard said theirs no case to answer DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEAN?

The ban is small(he makes more than dat in a week,check his new contract pls). One idiat said cos he's a blackman abi, pls is evra white and suarez black?. Refs over there are well trained that they can't be so frustrated to alter any unprofessional word and to tell u, atom sorry mata and ram he rest will not give bros ode a kobo.

Adult education!!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babadey(m): 10:57pm On Dec 06, 2012
nipeks001: Haaaaaaabaaaaaa,this bloody racist;Terry received is he not just 3 match ban for racism and a black is receiving 3 match ban and £60,000 just for reporting a suspected racism case.
. U mumu gan,SUSPECTED racism case,4 christ sake,what is that??. Shey na 9ja u think say dem they,where u can file a case without a 99% if not 100% evidence.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by basher(m): 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2012
baba dey: Mr baby boy u r so stewpid. You are a disgrace to blackhood. why didn't mikel drop the case?? Mumu boy. They (chelsea) almost ruining that poor man's career and profile cos of 1st class ignorance and stewpidity displaced by mikel.U av the F right to drop a case,if and when u want to. Let's call spade a spade. The ban is small(he makes more than dat in a week,check his new contract pls). One idiat said cos he's a blackman abi, pls is evra white and suarez black?. Refs over there are well trained that they can't be so frustrated to alter any unprofessional word and to tell u, atom sorry mata and ram he rest will not give bros ode a kobo.

Even if the case against the referee was dropped, they still would have done mikel for threatening the referee which is what the fine and suspension was for. And to my knowledge, d case againt d referee was brought by Chelsea FC.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by dont8(m): 11:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
They've bought Howard Webb till he dies for keep! smiley
ochukoccna:
Ha ha ha shocked shocked
Yoonited,the ONLY English team that signs on referees during the transfer window
I wonder which ref they are buying come January. grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by solayemi(m): 11:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
Julieccentric: Goood riddance to bad rubbish..never liked him anyway
. He does not know u exist. So, u can f..k to hell wt ur dislike.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babadey(m): 11:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
Mr baby boy u dense gan. Check this out.....someone file a case on ur behalf,say him hear something,ur company even join,mikel never came out to say anything on the case,so that means he presumed. Na chelsea do this,na mata talk dat,na ram he rest see something but why didn't he drop d case b4 investigation started and jst come out like a man and say **i didn't hear anything but if he really did that's unprofessional** and see if FA no go do something.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by CoolKizzy(m): 11:17pm On Dec 06, 2012
ok nah, see crowd. Na here una dey do una own shiloh.

Viewing this topic: tunde1200(m), pheemmii, wurdz, Finland(m), stevenson007, segunn20(m), WAM?(f), basher(m), samoy, Barywhyte(m), baba dey(m), Duke-chimi, charmie132, obafemee80(m), abbeyty, ffo(m), earthgreeners(m), slim poppa, oldlord(m), stanley sneak, Feran11, mitchyy(f), Drsunnie, follyfash85, hamjoe, landt, Jephyard(m), stanjohn57, oluchi557(f), divine2043(m), fagbs, tundee2(m), Esthereal, iry5648, baby-boy(m), slimghost(m), Jungleprince1(m), amansfestus, guy ANDROID(m), teamman(m), TouchDown(m), bahardenus, solayemi(f), dont8(m), ayox2003, Emeniyen, Chartey(m), osymerga(m), beewye, Martins82, ubong560(m), kollybay4u, tutu1, Troll, nanaboi(m), honsllb(m) and 121 guest(s)
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by silibaba: 11:23pm On Dec 06, 2012
you finish english here my broda embarassed[quote author=baby-boy]
d
Do you listen to what you are saying!!!

How did Mikel nearly ruin a man's life?

Its people like you Fela sang about in Sorrow, tears and blood!!! Police man would slap you and you would be looking like Monkey!!!![/quot

u

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babyboy3(m): 11:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
baba dey: Mr baby boy u dense gan. Check this out.....[b]someone file a case on ur behal[/b]f,say him hear something,ur company even join,mikel never came out to say anything on the case,so that means he presumed. Na chelsea do this,na mata talk dat,na ram he rest see something but why didn't he drop d case b4 investigation started and jst come out like a man and say **i didn't hear anything but if he really did that's unprofessional** and see if FA no go do something.

Keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by slimghost(m): 11:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
When people call chelsea fans touts and illiterates, I don't feel any atom of sympathy for them. Is this report not clear enough? What has it got to do with racism? For God's sake Mikel's fined for storming into the referees locker room and using foul and threatening language on him. Now what's so difficult to understand? Damn it!

ng

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 06, 2012
This is ridiculous. Referees don't get punished for making BAD decisions, fixing matches, ruining clubs' seasons, and causing untold misery for millions of fans, gamblers, etc.. Yet, a player (Mikel) gets punished for genuinely believing that a referee abused him? ? ?

It is arguable that that bastard Clatenwatever sacked Di Matteo, not Roman Abramovich. Chelsea were on course to beat Man U, if not for Claten whatever's match fixing. And if Chelsea had beaten Man U that day, they would not have gone on to experience the slump in form that led to Di Matteo's sacking.

Yet the FA don't care about that, and the consequences of Clatenwhatever's criminal refereeing decisions that fateful day. They (and the idiotic English Media and some equally idiotic Chelsea 'fans') choose to criticise Abramovich. It's a huge joke!

if I had my way, I would have eliminated that Clatenfool after the Man U match. Some Mercenaries in Eastern Europe would have done that for a token fee.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by demelza: 11:43pm On Dec 06, 2012
1025:

you sound as useless as the england fa. in the same game with the same ref, chelsea were robbed with two red cards and an offside goal. what did the fa say? the same ref disallowed a goal scored by tottenham against man u in 2006 and allowed a controversial nani goal against tottenham in 2010. what did the fa do? if you lack information and knowledge, the name of the ref is mark clattenburg of which we are in an internet age, you can google the name and read what ppl who are not sentimental about this game are writing and saying about this same man whose mistakes are always in favour of one team - man u.
You obviously are the useless one cause if you were in the least bit useful to your self, you would have found something better to do rather than wasting your 10mb and time you would have used in scrounging at the garbage dump, where you get your daily bread, to scout for information about people who dont even know or care about your existence.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by REDDEVILS1(m): 11:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
ochukoccna:
Ha ha ha shocked shocked
Yoonited,the ONLY English team that signs on referees during the transfer window
I wonder which ref they are buying come January. grin grin
Egwu
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by basher(m): 11:52pm On Dec 06, 2012
pro01: This is ridiculous. Referees don't get punished for making BAD decisions, fixing matches, ruining clubs' seasons, and causing untold misery for millions of fans, gamblers, etc.. Yet, a player (Mikel) gets punished for genuinely believing that a referee abused him? ? ?

For the umpteenth time, he was punished for threatening the referee in the locker room.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babadey(m): 11:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
silibaba: you finish english here my broda embarassed
. Hey!!,question (1) what was the immediate action of the FA on the ref?, and (2) if the case was not properly and thoroughly investigated,the poor man will be banned,fined and for sure,his certificate will be collected. Pls was that?,boosting his career or finishing his career?
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babadey(m): 12:06am On Dec 07, 2012
pro01: This is ridiculous. Referees don't get punished for making BAD decisions, fixing matches, ruining clubs' seasons, and causing untold misery for millions of fans, gamblers, etc.. Yet, a player (Mikel) gets punished for genuinely believing that a referee abused him? ? ?

It is arguable that that bastard Clatenwatever sacked Di Matteo, not Roman Abramovich. Chelsea were on course to beat Man U, if not for Claten whatever's match fixing. And if Chelsea had beaten Man U that day, they would not have gone on to experience the slump in form that led to Di Matteo's sacking.

Yet the FA don't care about that, and the consequences of Clatenwhatever's criminal refereeing decisions that fateful day. They (and the idiotic English Media and some equally idiotic Chelsea 'fans') choose to criticise Abramovich. It's a huge joke!

if I had my way, I would have eliminated that Clatenfool after the Man U match. Some Mercenaries in Eastern Europe would have done that for a token fee.
. Mr hire killer, is it BAD decision or poor officiating,punk ass nigga. Players should be fined and jailed ni gba yen for diving,pretending,lies like *the ball didn't touch my hand when its obvious it did*. That is why all registered refs in the world renew their certs @ the stipulated time given to them by their body.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by extension: 12:10am On Dec 07, 2012
Get your brain fixed. whiteman will never in this world like blackman.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by amobii: 12:50am On Dec 07, 2012
Clemzy16: I actually saw this coming. Was mikel actually expecting anything different?! Mata was wise enough to redraw his law suit against the referee. While Obinna Michael Mumu was st[u]pid enough to continue pressing charges for something he didn't hear. He said RAMIRES told him the referee called him a monkey, but we all know that Ramires is brazilian. He's not good in english, probably the referee said "Shut up mikel" and he thought the referee said "Shut up monkey". Also, mikel wasen't the only one that filed a law suit againt the referee, the entire Chelsea FC team encouraged him to; when the case was in court, did they come out to give evidence knowing well that mikel didn't hear anything?! NO! It would have been better if Chelsea FC was fined instead. That's a white man's game for you. Now that he's banned i belive they're going to sit down and watch. Sorry mikel, but next time you have to play wisely.

MORALS: Never f[u]ck with a white man in his own country.
I think you are absolutely wrong Mr. Know all, the case never went to court, and never reported to police either, it was only reported to FA. Also Mikel was not the only one that went to Re free dressing room, he (Mikel) Coach (RDM) and One chelsea offical, to talk to clantenberg but because the it was Mikel that complaint, so the punishment would be on Mikel and not Chelsea. Moreover, chelsea fc submitted the evident to FA for investigation and after they said the evidents provided were not strong enough, chelsea FC apologised and FA fined Mikel, never support those refree and FA sometimes, if you look at Suarez case you will know they have preference to some team in England take or leave it.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babadey(m): 12:52am On Dec 07, 2012
extension: Get your brain fixed. whiteman will never in this world like blackman.
. Get urs scattered,a survey shows that it was white pple dat voted for obama the most during his first election. Google it. Maybe america is not on this earth ?
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 07, 2012
anitank: 60,000pounds? shocked shocked shocked shocked Thats huge money ooo
I know right? But guess what? That's about half his weekly wage. sad
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by vocalprince(m): 2:36am On Dec 07, 2012
Julieccentric: Goood riddance to bad rubbish..never liked him anyway
U must be an enemy of progress!! Please u can change ur name 2 julioelectric nd hug kainjidam.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by sexyflexible(m): 2:37am On Dec 07, 2012
mikel it time you know that UNITED is not a club you fuk with.mikel thid time you know that UNITED is not a club you fuk with.mikel thid time you know that UNITED is not a club you fuk with.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by vocalprince(m): 2:48am On Dec 07, 2012
Leemak: ........those of u supporting white people against black people like u are suffering from 'inferioritycomplex'.......
tnx bro i owe you for this. Some of them can't even afford 3 square meal. These people will wake up tommorow and pray nija gets better when they are always happy at their brothers detriment. I pity them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Heart Problem Forces Abdullahi Nura Into Early Retirement From Football / Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken / Ese Brume Wins Gold In Women's Long Jump For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.