Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident (19814 Views)

Super Falcon's Ugo Njoku Banned And Fined / Morocco Banned From 2017, 2019 AFCON, Fined $1million / Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Naijapikin1: 7:53am On Dec 07, 2012
BinghiNya: you should be shot in the balls wasnt fergie banned for 4 matches some seasons back.. Wasnt rooney for kissing the camera,wasnt evra banned for 4 matches,wasnt rio banned for 8 months where was the fa then
and ur fada should be “aluud“ for givin birth to a nincumpoop, and a scaliwag!.... Didnt mr. Webb award 2penalties 2u giys against chelsea? Wat happend in d game against livpool? Am an arsenal fan ...like i said, very soon fergie, and dat idiotic wenger will soon bite d dust. Fergie for fa backup, n wenger for leavin me trophyless for 7yrs. Rubbish!
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Josh64(m): 8:00am On Dec 07, 2012
Can u guys just stop converting £ to naira? 60,000 is not too much a fine!
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babyboy3(m): 8:02am On Dec 07, 2012
Josh64: Can u guys just stop converting £ to naira? 60,000 is not too much a fine!

They would have a wip round the club or the club could pay it.

They only gave Mikel a harsh punishment only because Chelsea FC refused to apologies to Mark Clattenburg
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Dee60: 8:15am On Dec 07, 2012
Chelsea needs to purge its image so it is not seen as a club of trouble makers. First it was Terry and now Mikel. This does not look like a case of white or black as some unlearned people have said. It is a case of a club that is always in the news for bad reasons.

There is too much craze about EPL in this country. Good players shake hands and hug themselves whether they win or lose but fans get funny going on to fight over nothing. If English fans choose hooliganism should Naijas follow suit?
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by vitality22(m): 8:29am On Dec 07, 2012
Julieccentric: Goood riddance to bad rubbish..never liked him anyway
Funny enough, he doesn't even know you exist. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 07, 2012
floriana: Why must the blackman be at the receiving end of a whiteman's foolishness?

u b mumu. a case that was never confirmed even by other Chelsea staff and players. a case that even obi neva came out to say smti. abt. do u have one proof u can point to except d statement of two unnamed Chelsea playerz. u r blinded by ur black skin. ode!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by slimghost(m): 8:53am On Dec 07, 2012
bizie:

u b mumu. a case that was never confirmed even by other Chelsea staff and players. a case that even obi neva came out to say smti. abt. do u have one proof u can point to except d statement of two unnamed Chelsea playerz. u r blinded by ur black skin. ode!!!

My brother the thing tire me ooo. am shocked
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by ehispapa(m): 9:07am On Dec 07, 2012
floriana: Why must the blackman be at the receiving end of a whiteman's foolishness?
how? who acted foolishly? guy go read the matter well
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Jaggiey: 9:09am On Dec 07, 2012
A tribal proverb says as a hunter in the thick forest, when it faces you aim and hit, when it turns away from you also aim and hit but when it disappears and you are all alone, think, restrategize and be vigilant....Sometimes, we allow our emotions to get the better of us and at other times it we allow people around us to pressure us but when the chips are down, we dance solo to the music. I hope Mikel Obi will learn his lesson and avoid emotional misjudgement in the future.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by ehispapa(m): 9:09am On Dec 07, 2012
dvdon: My thoughts in pics
whinny chelsea fans
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by ehispapa(m): 9:11am On Dec 07, 2012
ochukoccna:
Ha ha ha shocked shocked
Yoonited,the ONLY English team that signs on referees during the transfer window
I wonder which ref they are buying come January. grin grin
But what has United got to do with this case.Is united now chelsea's problem?
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by ehispapa(m): 9:19am On Dec 07, 2012
baby-boy:
They told Mikel that he was called a Monkey! so what should he do?

England star trashed a ref's room when he was sent off, he only got a fine!!!!

It was Ramires who heard the word MONKEY!!! NOT MIKEL

It was Chelsea FC that reported Clattenburg to the FA!!! NOT MIKEL

The FA just use Mikel as a scape-goat because Chelsea FC refuse to apologise to the Ref.
and mikel storm the ref locker room insulting him and press charges
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by drlaykay(m): 9:20am On Dec 07, 2012
Adexchelsea19: you are a fool!
Thanks.am not club blind as u re.
Because u support a club,den u become blind nd do nt see their negative parts.
People like u will see mata use his hands and push d ball in the net,yet u will claim its a new fifa rule.SMH
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by drealnamdy(m): 9:31am On Dec 07, 2012
angry
dr.laykay:
Being a chelsea fan wouldnt stop me from saying the truth.thats a perfect judgement!

You re just a slowpoke....in midst of all troubles of being called a monkey instead of mikel when d possibilities re high considering d club he was playin against...racism iz stl very much on..soo a black man dares not say anytin against d white even when its glaring that he iz being discriminated against...I trust el hadji diof...he wldnt take dis rubbish frm those white trash... angry
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by drlaykay(m): 9:43am On Dec 07, 2012
debsjoat:
You're not a sincere chelsea fan, ure just following the crowd. That's not not they call perfect judgement. That's a typical bias and unfair judgement.
If U̶̲̥̅̊ actually followed the story very well bit by bit U̶̲̥̅̊ won't be saying that deep shit.
£60m= N15m for what offence. Pls let's call a spade a spade joor. Its just injustice... Rooney that sometimes ago used to fight with referee never got that kinda fine.
Let's cut the crap, the FA's are all racist!!!

I love chelsea to my last drop bt am nt sentimental in anyway.the evidence provided by him was nt enough.even chelsea fc didnt back him cos he got no genuine evidence.nd if he had succeeded,the referee's career is doomed.besides he was fined nd banned for the insultive words against d referee who was innocent(according to investigation).this is just law(it bounces back on d plaintiff if nt careful).it hapens even in the outside football world.bt the problem is:[b]any judgment against black is racism.[/b]our thought.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by uzo4real(m): 9:50am On Dec 07, 2012
For your information eva heard of Rob Styles? He's black. Hw much was suarez fined? Mikel deserves wats he's getting.
lovejo: There is no black referee in EPL, 60,000 GBP is much and Mikel did not even initiate this racist claim.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by pressongodsay(m): 10:09am On Dec 07, 2012
anitank: 60,000pounds? shocked shocked shocked shocked Thats huge money ooo
Just one week pay will solve d problem. Mikel don't worry we will get the money back over here in our room.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 07, 2012
ALEBS: It appears a lot of people are getting this wrong. He wasn't punished for accusing the referee of racism but for his assault on the referee after the match. SIMPLE!
dont just mind the fools. They can read but they cant even understand what they just finish reading and all of them start blabing rubbish. Educated illiterates.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Frankiss44(m): 10:23am On Dec 07, 2012
aniflexy:

Thats half of mikel 1 week wage.Money no b problems

Sharrrrap... Who told you Mikel earns 120,000 pounds a week Na u dey pay am?
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Frankiss44(m): 10:27am On Dec 07, 2012
BinghiNya: you should be shot in the balls wasnt fergie banned for 4 matches some seasons back.. Wasnt rooney for kissing the camera,wasnt evra banned for 4 matches,wasnt rio banned for 8 months where was the fa then

You get time to dey answer those pathetic fools
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 07, 2012
Blue-eyed boi:
Lets face it...chelsea lost d game in controversial circumstances..no doubt abt dat...d accusation against d ref was chelsea's only way of getting bk at him en makin him pay 4 ruining d game 4dem..its as simple as dat..
And who is paying now? People saying 60k is a huge money for mikel to pay, did they knw how much mark clatenburg lose for not officiating any match in three weeks? Plss lets live sentiment out of this and say the truth, what mikel did was wrong period.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 07, 2012
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Frankiss44(m): 10:35am On Dec 07, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: and ur fada should be “aluud“ for givin birth to a nincumpoop, and a scaliwag!.... Didnt mr. Webb award 2penalties 2u giys against chelsea? Wat happend in d game against livpool? Am an arsenal fan ...like i said, very soon fergie, and dat idiotic wenger will soon bite d dust. Rubbish!

And How does this affect the topic being discussed Ona even get sense for this nairaland self Didn't the Ref award 2 penalties to chelsea in the last Champions league game? is it the first time penalties are awarded in a game?
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babyboy3(m): 10:36am On Dec 07, 2012
ehispapa: and mikel storm the ref locker room insulting him and press charges

He did not press any charges!!!!

Its Chelsea that reported the ref to the FA, and Society of Black Lawyers reported to the Police!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 07, 2012
basher:

What are u on about? Did u read at all- "Chelsea's John Mikel Obi has been given a three-match ban and fined £60,000 by the Football Association for threatening referee Mark Clattenburg". From what I heard, he stormed into the referee changing room (an area that players are not allowed to go to) and used threatening language against the referee. Even if they were able to prove that mikel's allegations were true, mikel would have still faced disciplinary charges for his actions. In that case, the mitigating circumstances might have had a deeper effect on the outcome of any charges brought against him; ie probably an even much lesser punishment.
the fa should have also fine that aboki called ramires because he's the instigator of all of this mikel's misfortune.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babyboy3(m): 10:38am On Dec 07, 2012
uzo4real: For your information eva heard of Rob Styles? He's black. Hw much was suarez fined? Mikel deserves wats he's getting.

Rob Styles is not black joor ah!!! get your facts right
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Frankiss44(m): 10:40am On Dec 07, 2012
dr.laykay:

I love chelsea to my last drop bt am nt sentimental in anyway.the evidence provided by him was nt enough.even chelsea fc didnt back him cos he got no genuine evidence.nd if he had succeeded,the referee's career is doomed.besides he was fined nd banned for the insultive words against d referee who was innocent(according to investigation).this is just law(it bounces back on d plaintiff if nt careful).it hapens even in the outside football world.bt the problem is:[b]any judgment against black is racism.[/b]our thought.

Nice to know we still got some Chelsea fans that don't think with their anus... Cheers bro
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babyboy3(m): 10:44am On Dec 07, 2012
drealnamdy: angry

You re just a slowpoke....in midst of all troubles of being called a monkey instead of mikel when d possibilities re high considering d club he was playin against...racism iz stl very much on..soo a black man dares not say anytin against d white even when its glaring that he iz being discriminated against...I trust el hadji diof...he wldnt take dis rubbish frm those white trash... angry

Exactly!!!!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 07, 2012
pro01: This is ridiculous. Referees don't get punished for making BAD decisions, fixing matches, ruining clubs' seasons, and causing untold misery for millions of fans, gamblers, etc.. Yet, a player (Mikel) gets punished for genuinely believing that a referee abused him? ? ?

It is arguable that that bastard Clatenwatever sacked Di Matteo, not Roman Abramovich. Chelsea were on course to beat Man U, if not for Claten whatever's match fixing. And if Chelsea had beaten Man U that day, they would not have gone on to experience the slump in form that led to Di Matteo's sacking.

Yet the FA don't care about that, and the consequences of Clatenwhatever's criminal refereeing decisions that fateful day. They (and the idiotic English Media and some equally idiotic Chelsea 'fans') choose to criticise Abramovich. It's a huge joke!

if I had my way, I would have eliminated that Clatenfool after the Man U match. Some Mercenaries in Eastern Europe would have done that for a token fee.
you just succeeded in telling people dat you are most deluded fool. Is clear that you dont understand english, for your information, he wasn't charged for accusing mark clatenburg of making a racist comment towards him, he was charged for storming the locker room of the refferee and making some threatening comment to mark. Is it too hard for to understand now? Ode.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by bruno47(m): 10:56am On Dec 07, 2012
good for him,why did he lie on the man initially?Ramires Terry and others pushed him and now hes carrying the cross on its own!
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Sike(m): 11:07am On Dec 07, 2012
I guess as much.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Lekan155: 11:29am On Dec 07, 2012
abegi angry
when we go stat promote own (NPL)....
eyimba of Aba,Kano pillars, sunshine star, 3sc of ibadan etc
Abi we dey wait for britton to do am for us angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Heart Problem Forces Abdullahi Nura Into Early Retirement From Football / Ese Brume Wins Gold In Women's Long Jump For Nigeria / Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.