Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident (19816 Views)

Super Falcon's Ugo Njoku Banned And Fined / Morocco Banned From 2017, 2019 AFCON, Fined $1million / Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by vocalprince(m): 2:57am On Dec 07, 2012
tessyade: I agree with you my brother. This will serve as a deterent to others that may want to raise false accusation like such.
learned colique, how are you sure the accusation was false?
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Turbocharged: 3:22am On Dec 07, 2012
Leemak: ........those of u supporting white people against black people like u are suffering from 'inferioritycomplex'.......
I hv neva seen a full like u b4. Ode.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Telez(m): 3:45am On Dec 07, 2012
Eeyah
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by blaqoracle: 3:48am On Dec 07, 2012
pro01: This is ridiculous. Referees don't get punished for making BAD decisions, fixing matches, ruining clubs' seasons, and causing untold misery for millions of fans, gamblers, etc.. Yet, a player (Mikel) gets punished for genuinely believing that a referee abused him? ? ?

It is arguable that that bastard Clatenwatever sacked Di Matteo, not Roman Abramovich. Chelsea were on course to beat Man U, if not for Claten whatever's match fixing. And if Chelsea had beaten Man U that day, they would not have gone on to experience the slump in form that led to Di Matteo's sacking.

Yet the FA don't care about that, and the consequences of Clatenwhatever's criminal refereeing decisions that fateful day. They (and the idiotic English Media and some equally idiotic Chelsea 'fans') choose to criticise Abramovich. It's a huge joke!

if I had my way, I would have eliminated that Clatenfool after the Man U match. Some Mercenaries in Eastern Europe would have done that for a token fee.
if mikel feel that he is continously being racially profiled or abused, he can come back to nigeria to either sign plateau united or mighty jet of jos; i learnt that jos is where he started his carrier. Recently, obi is found of trying to compensate for his underperformance by claiming racial abuse. We all know that obi continued stay at chelsea is facilitated by samsung that has a very big market in nigeria. How can you rank and retain a player who has not score a goal in nearly nine seasons. It becomes very laughable when you recollect that obi and messi started at the same. Obi may no longer enjoy the monopoly he used to enjoy as the only nigerian in chelsea fc, especially with the arrival of victor moses. Finally, for those of you always blaming refs in the event that the result of a match did not come your way, know that if it were that easy nigeria ref would not have been absent from major fifa and caf competitions for many decades now. furthermore, if you are not comfortable with english premiership, you can switch to brazilian league.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by blocker: 4:06am On Dec 07, 2012
grin grin grin So rascism has a one-sided definition eh kwa? Why diddn't Mata or Ramirez step forward to give evidence or better yet why didn't Chelsea officials who made the first formal complaint pressure their players (Mata & Ramirez) to defend their own. Instead of blaming Man U or the Referee I suggest you look at the accussation first. Mikel accussed the referee of 'racial abuse' and not bias in the match (not that it would have changed the outcome anyway). By not coming out to 'defend' one of their own or launching an appeal Chelsea organization has prooved that Obi is a liability as far as the case is concerned and has dumped him to face the music just like the dump coaches who don't deliver every silverware they compete for. Shame!
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by donclemo(m): 4:33am On Dec 07, 2012
Freiburger:
If dem insult you with language wey you no dey understand, you go feel am?
atleast e better pass lossing 60000 pounds and banning
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by geez1: 4:35am On Dec 07, 2012
Ever since his face-off with Tuface, I've grown to dislike this guy
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Slapme(m): 4:51am On Dec 07, 2012
50calibre:
Don't mind these people who are talking crap
You and him who is talking crap olodo.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by aniflexy(m): 5:40am On Dec 07, 2012
anitank: 60,000pounds? shocked shocked shocked shocked Thats huge money ooo

Thats half of mikel 1 week wage.Money no b problems
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by micmond: 6:03am On Dec 07, 2012
Mikel was draged into that mess by ramires,and their testimonies were not thesame and so they could not establish a case against the ref.so it's a good judgement
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by BinghiNya(m): 6:08am On Dec 07, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: Am an arsenal fan, but the truth is dat, dis is utter rubbish! Mikel made a complaint, ramires said he heard the ref racially abuse mikel. Are de sayin the ref said notin of the sort or are de sayin wat d ref said did not amount to racial abuse? D FA has long bin cowardly backin manu up. Now de com up wit sum stewpid ban, and an equally idiotic fine! For dos of u nit-witted manu, nincumpooped fans, jus remember dis: 1day, dat chewin gum tottin fergusen wil leav d stage and u wil be like, chaff blown away. Rubbish!.. I blame wenger, for always shuttin his trap wen issues like dis spring up.hopfully he goes along wit his fellow Warlock, fergie. Nansense!....and by d way, shldnt drogba be given d ballon d‘or?
you should be shot in the balls wasnt fergie banned for 4 matches some seasons back.. Wasnt rooney for kissing the camera,wasnt evra banned for 4 matches,wasnt rio banned for 8 months where was the fa then
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Goldieluks: 6:22am On Dec 07, 2012
What a shame. Mikel wanted his name to be the headlines, but for the wrong reason. I saw the clip on him having a go at the referee and he's the one claiming to have being victimized. What an idiiot he is.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by obongtunji: 6:32am On Dec 07, 2012
lovejo: There is no black referee in EPL, 60,000 GBP is much and Mikel did not even initiate this racist claim.
which means you are new in watching EPL. I know a black referee who still officiated back in 2005. And why did Mikel follow the referee to his changing room He was well served....lop
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by KDULAR: 6:33am On Dec 07, 2012
Me say what's the big deal in calling you a black man , are you not a black man? Or if someone calls you a monkey are you a monkey, if not,then does it matter ? However, the fine is too much now say wetin ? 60,000 PS Choi !!! That's someone entire wage bill of whole company with production engineer, accountants, technicians and other skilled and unskilled workers with change. The fine is rather bogus!!! Typical English RACIST judgement I guess.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by nebeolisa(m): 6:45am On Dec 07, 2012
he got wat he deserved . u knw dat u dnt av any evidence y shud u report atall . Or did u c london as nigeria . Mikel no bribe dia ok
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Taovic86(m): 6:45am On Dec 07, 2012
Wat do u xpected frm Fargusson's Associatn know as FA.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Mrshroud: 6:52am On Dec 07, 2012
Jeeez!!
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by tiwola: 7:02am On Dec 07, 2012
So what about the others who barged into the refs dressing room with him? Gourlay, Di Matteo and some other guy. Shouldn't the club get a fine? Suspension yes. But that fine should go to the club officials who took him to the refs changing room to begin with.

What about Mata who brought the initial accusation? What about Ramires?

Why only Mikel?

I just think he's being punished for bad info from 2 non-english speaking guys on one hand and also being punished for going along with officials who should know better on the other.

Pure man in the middle.

Man Utd fan but fair is fair.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Rajosh(m): 7:08am On Dec 07, 2012
NessaFresh: Awww my cute baby
your cute baby? I can see you have a crush on mikel.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Adexchelsea19(m): 7:11am On Dec 07, 2012
dr.laykay:
Being a chelsea fan wouldnt stop me from saying the truth.thats a perfect judgement!
you are a fool!
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by hustla(m): 7:18am On Dec 07, 2012
Mikel needs to slow down.. Even. Rooney doesn't talk back at refs and do anyhow even though he's on a 250k/week salary.. Mr Mikel needs to slow it down,always angry about sometin on the. Field, arguing with Cech and other players and refs errtime,kilode se?!
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by aariwa(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2012
mikel's career started spiraling downwards since he started dating that delta soap sexy model uche okagbue.footballers do not need such girls who are heavily into sugar daddies in their lives.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Adexchelsea19(m): 7:28am On Dec 07, 2012
hustla: Mikel needs to slow down.. Even. Rooney doesn't talk back at refs and do anyhow even though he's on a 250k/week salary.. Mr Mikel needs to slow it down,always angry about sometin on the. Field, arguing with Cech and other players and refs errtime,kilode se?!
you are right,i think he does that always!
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Naijapikin1: 7:30am On Dec 07, 2012
Akpu.Nku:

thunder fire ur idiotic mouth there, MUMU CHELSHIT FANS
its obvious dat dis “stray dog“ has eaten too much of his user name. D 1st line of my post says am an arsenal fan. So if u cant read clearly go n join ur grand fada, in g vilage. Idiotic fu**cktard. Dustbin material. Dan bura uba. Shege, wawa!
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Nuzo1(m): 7:36am On Dec 07, 2012
Nigerian football fans are the dumbest in the world. They judge players out of ignorance and sentiments.

The article made it clear that Mikel was punished for threatening and using foul languages on the referee at the referees' locker room.

What has that got to do with being black or white?

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babyboy3(m): 7:38am On Dec 07, 2012
hustla: Mikel needs to slow down.. Even. Rooney doesn't talk back at refs and do anyhow even though he's on a 250k/week salary.. Mr Mikel needs to slow it down,always angry about sometin on the. Field, arguing with Cech and other players and refs errtime,kilode se?!

Rooney that swears at referee for fun, or are we talking the same Rooney who swore a foreign ref in friendly game in South Africa before the world cup, and ref said he didnt want to spoil Rooney's summer for him, the same Rooney that was banned foe swearing into a live-camera, the same Rooney deliberately threw the ball at a ref, the same Rooney that was sent off for clapping a ref after he was booked.. Rooney only calm down when he had his first child.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by omicron(m): 7:39am On Dec 07, 2012
amobii:
I think you are absolutely wrong Mr. Know all, the case never went to court, and never reported to police either, it was only reported to FA. Also Mikel was not the only one that went to Re free dressing room, he (Mikel) Coach (RDM) and One chelsea offical, to talk to clantenberg but because the it was Mikel that complaint, so the punishment would be on Mikel and not Chelsea. Moreover, chelsea fc submitted the evident to FA for investigation and after they said the evidents provided were not strong enough, chelsea FC apologised and FA fined Mikel, never support those refree and FA sometimes, if you look at Suarez case you will know they have preference to some team in England take or leave it.
I think you r the Mr Know all here. Kettle calling pot black. Actually, the case was reported to the Police, though not by Mikel or Chelsea but by Black Lawyers Association. Of course the police dropped the case when evidence to support the charge was not forth-coming. More importantly, make your point without attacking anybody. Nobody has monopoly of knowledge.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by debsjoat(m): 7:43am On Dec 07, 2012
dr.l :Paykay:
Being a chelsea fan wouldnt stop me from saying the truth.thats a perfect judgement!
You're not a sincere chelsea fan, ure just following the crowd. That's not not they call perfect judgement. That's a typical bias and unfair judgement.
If U̶̲̥̅̊ actually followed the story very well bit by bit U̶̲̥̅̊ won't be saying that deep shit.
£60m= N15m for what offence. Pls let's call a spade a spade joor. Its just injustice... Rooney that sometimes ago used to fight with referee never got that kinda fine.
Let's cut the crap, the FA's are all racist!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by slimghost(m): 7:45am On Dec 07, 2012
Fucktards please read the article well, read, read,read. It won't hurt ur brains. Mikel was fined for charging into a Ref's locker room and using threatening and inappropriate words on him and some dumbass niggies are here making fools outta themselves. Its really pathetic.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babyboy3(m): 7:47am On Dec 07, 2012
Nuzo':
Nigerian football fans are the dumbest in the world. They judge players out of ignorance and sentiments.

The article made it clear that Mikel was punished for threatening and using foul languages on the referee at the referees' locker room.

What has that got to do with being black or white?

Do you know how many times Alex Ferguson has burst into a ref's locker and called them names? go and read Jeff Winters autobiography, Tell me what ban did Roy Keane get when he was chasing Andy D'Urso about when he awarded a penalty to Middlesborough at Old Trafford!

No one said Mikel shouldn't be punished but if John Terry could get only get 4 match for using a racial word which is more serious offence, then Mikel getting a 3 match ban was harsh and am not saying whether its black or white,but if Mikel is a player that could play for England or an England international then his punishment would be different, knowing that Ian Wright was only fined for trashing up the Ref's locker or room after he was sent off.
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by Naijapikin1: 7:47am On Dec 07, 2012
BinghiNya: you should be shot in the balls wasnt fergie banned for 4 matches some seasons back.. Wasnt rooney for kissing the camera,wasnt evra banned for 4 matches,wasnt rio banned for 8 months where was the fa then
and ur fada should be “aluud“ for givin birth to a nincumpoop, and a scaliwag!.... Didnt mr. Webb award 2penalties 2u giys against chelsea? Wat happend in d game against livpool? Am an arsenal fan ...like i said, very soon fergie, and dat idiotic wenger will soon bite d dust. Rubbish!
Re: Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident by babyboy3(m): 7:50am On Dec 07, 2012
aariwa: mikel's career started spiraling downwards since he started dating that delta soap sexy model uche okagbue.footballers do not need such girls who are heavily into sugar daddies in their lives.

He just signed a 5 years contract!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Heart Problem Forces Abdullahi Nura Into Early Retirement From Football / Solskjaer Believes Both Of Man Utd's Penalties Should Have Been Retaken / Ese Brume Wins Gold In Women's Long Jump For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.