Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic (9670 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by truthislight: 6:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
Ubenedictus: u neva disappoint me, ofcux u have started throwing scriptures around.

@Enigma will soon meet you with this your 1am early morning replies in NL. Lol.

Guy, where have you been all this while?

I have been wandering if you had issues with religion and had to stay away.

Any, long time no see. good to see ya.
Peace
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Livingwaters: 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
FXKing2012: The apostles were called Christians for the first time on the day of the pentecost (Acts 2). This means that the first Christians were pentecostal Christians.
So quit spreading the false notion that the first Christians were catholics.
pls stop embarassing christians. There is nothing like pentecostal in christianity or anything for that matter, the church of Jesus is one. Jesus said "i will build my church....," Mat 16:18, he did not say, i will build my pentecostal church and orthodox church. Na una de spoil christianity.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 6:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
Boomark:

The type of predestination i meant is the type a catholic ones told me. He said, "if any one commits suicide, God has destined him to die that day and by that means." Anytin that looks like this is certainly not in the bible.
so u just swooped in and said predestination isn't biblical. What an excuse!
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 7:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
Boomark:
Enigma was right. The true doctrine of the church of Christ is Solely base on the scripture. The man made doctrines of the catholic, winners, assemblies, etc, are what contradicts one another.
A catholic or a deeper life member will not tell you that their church doctrines contradicts itself.
again this is ur opinion, the apostles didnt base their doctrine on d scripture available to them only (old tes), but on d words of christ and d revelation of d spirit + d old t, that y d word of God is d source of doctrine and dat word is found in scripture and tradition. So your idea dat scripture alone is d sole source of doctrine is unbiblical.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 7:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
Boomark:

the doctrine in the bible is more than enough for Christians to follow. That is the doctrine of the church Christ raised.

Where did you get other doctrine you follow?
scripture says "hold on to d tradition..." did u miss dat part in ur bible study? D bible neva claims to b d sole source of doctrine!
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 7:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
DanielNoble: IF YOU ARE DOING ANYTHING CHRIST AND HIS APOSTLES DID NOT TEACH THEN YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!!!
dat is great, and d apostles tell us dat one of d way to knw wat they taught is by tradition! Are u following wat d apostles taught.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 7:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
truthislight:
@Enigma will soon meet you with this your 1am early morning replies in NL. Lol.
Guy, where have you been all this while?
I have been wandering if you had issues with religion and had to stay away.
Any, long time no see. good to see ya.
Peace
i've gat no probs, its gud to hear frm u! Thank for ur concern! I took d holidays to b wit family, i decided to keep away from the net during that time. Hw u dey?
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by christemmbassey(m): 7:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: Fxking2012 you are very funny. You must be a good comadian. So you want to tell us that all the History Books in all the Libraries and Bookshops all over the world were written by Catholics, and non was written by the Protestants or Penticostals, whichever one you prefer. PLEASE we Catholics will be DELIGHTED if you can tell us 5 DIFFERENCES between PROTESTANTS and PENTICOSTALS. Honestly, I personaly, will be hearing that for the very first time.
what are you guys arguing? Christians no send you ppl o, there is nothing like pentecostal in christianity and RCC is a religion, christianity is not, so why una wan come kill unasef for anoda man mata?
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
Livingwaters: pls stop embarassing christians. There is nothing like pentecostal in christianity or anything for that matter, the church of Jesus is one. Jesus said "i will build my church....," Mat 16:18, he did not say, i will build my pentecostal church and orthodox church. Na una de spoil christianity.
so christ built one church and d apostles had 1 faith. And u are teling me dat all d contradictory faith is 1 church and 1 faith, hahaha dat is funny!
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by christemmbassey(m): 7:37pm On Jan 14, 2013
Ubenedictus: and dat was d catholic church! Wow!
the last time i checked the story of how the church started, Acts 2: the apostles were not worshping images o, so how can that be the beginhng of RCC?

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by christemmbassey(m): 7:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
Ubenedictus: so christ built one church and d apostles had 1 faith. And u are teling me dat all d contradictory faith is 1 church and 1 faith, hahaha dat is funny!
the church is one, one faith one saviour. It doesnt matter individual interpretations of the bible, there will be a coming of unity in faith as predicted in Eph 4:10-13. Again Peter talked about like-precious faith in 2Peter1:1. The church is one.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Livingwaters: 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
Ubenedictus: so christ built one church and d apostles had 1 faith. And u are teling me dat all d contradictory faith is 1 church and 1 faith, hahaha dat is funny!
@christemmbassey tnx, @ubenedictus how many churches did Christ built?
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Boomark(m): 9:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
Ubenedictus: again this is ur opinion, the apostles didnt base their doctrine on d scripture available to them only (old tes), but on d words of christ and d revelation of d spirit + d old t, that y d word of God is d source of doctrine and dat word is found in scripture and tradition. So your idea dat scripture alone is d sole source of doctrine is unbiblical.

Don't you see why i said everything is in the scriptures/bible. Is there anyone of the emboldened points you cannot find in the bible? That is why bible should be your all and all with regard to Christian doctrine/tradition.

What do you understand by holding unto the tradition? Tradition: a belief or way of life of people. What tradition are Christians or followers of Christ supposed to hold unto? Is it the ones borrowed from heathen or the one Christ laid down for us. All truth were revealed to the apostles by the Holyspirit. If you borrow tradition outside the scripture as regards to serving God, you are on your own.

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by truthislight: 7:54am On Jan 15, 2013
Ubenedictus: scripture says "hold on to d tradition..." did u miss dat part in ur bible study? D bible neva claims to b d sole source of doctrine!

whose tradition?
Tradition of men that they warned about or the tradition of the apostle or their way of doing things befor the epistle were written?

How can it be the tradition of men after they have gone when they did say wolves will enter into the congregation after they have gone?
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by truthislight: 8:00am On Jan 15, 2013
Ubenedictus: dat is great, and d apostles tell us dat one of d way to knw wat they taught is by tradition! Are u following wat d apostles taught.

you keep saying tradition tradition, whose radition? Tradition of men?
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by truthislight: 8:03am On Jan 15, 2013
Ubenedictus: i've gat no probs, its gud to hear frm u! Thank for ur concern! I took d holidays to b wit family, i decided to keep away from the net during that time. Hw u dey?

am ok.

You'r well come.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Livingwaters: 8:55am On Jan 15, 2013
truthislight:

this tradition stuff is the reason why most atheists are former frustrated RCC members, because, they so believed in this tradition thing that by the time they realize the 'baselessness' of it,they feel so empty and retrograte into atheism. This tradition thing make them to practice idol worship, invoved in fetish traditional initiations ocultism(knighthood) and child molestations.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 2:14am On Jan 16, 2013
christemmbassey: the last time i checked the story of how the church started, Acts 2: the apostles were not worshping images o, so how can that be the beginhng of RCC?
that mean u missed d part abt d apostles in the temple, u are aware dat there were many images in d temple right?
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 2:21am On Jan 16, 2013
christemmbassey: the church is one, one faith one saviour. It doesnt matter individual interpretations of the bible, there will be a coming of unity in faith as predicted in Eph 4:10-13. Again Peter talked about like-precious faith in 2Peter1:1. The church is one.
hahaha humor me; so there is one faith and one spirit and many contradictory doctrines and yet u call dat d biblical church that christ built? damn, pipo are still call christ angel micheal and u are claiming d church has one faith. get serious
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 2:25am On Jan 16, 2013
Livingwaters: @christemmbassey tnx, @ubenedictus how many churches did Christ built?
just one and it sure as hell didnt begin in the 16 century.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 2:35am On Jan 16, 2013
Boomark:

Don't you see why i said everything is in the scriptures/bible. Is there anyone of the emboldened points you cannot find in the bible? That is why bible should be your all and all with regard to Christian doctrine/tradition.

What do you understand by holding unto the tradition? Tradition: a belief or way of life of people. What tradition are Christians or followers of Christ supposed to hold unto? Is it the ones borrowed from heathen or the one Christ laid down for us. All truth were revealed to the apostles by the Holyspirit. If you borrow tradition outside the scripture as regards to serving God, you are on your own.
sorry man d bible never said it contained everything christ said and did nor does it claim to contain everything d apostles believed. d bible says instead "hold on to tradition..." are u following d bible?
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 2:38am On Jan 16, 2013
truthislight:

whose tradition?
Tradition of men that they warned about or the tradition of the apostle or their way of doing things befor the epistle were written?

How can it be the tradition of men after they have gone when they did say wolves will enter into the congregation after they have gone?
d tradition d apostle told us to hold, did u forget d bible said so?
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 2:40am On Jan 16, 2013
truthislight:

d one d apostles told us to hold!
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 2:45am On Jan 16, 2013
Livingwaters: this tradition stuff is the reason why most atheists are former frustrated RCC members, because, they so believed in this tradition thing that by the time they realize the 'baselessness' of it,they feel so empty and retrograte into atheism. This tradition thing make them to practice idol worship, invoved in fetish traditional initiations ocultism(knighthood) and child molestations.
sorry to burst ur bubble, d apostle didnt say "hold on to immorality" he said to tradition and there is no 'baselessness' or immorality there
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by truthislight: 8:50am On Jan 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: d tradition d apostle told us to hold, did u forget d bible said so?

you have still not told us the tradition my friend.

Is it the ones the apostles had befor writing the bible or the ones by men after them?

truthislight:

whose tradition?

so, please answer the question.

Your failure to do so means your mention of the word "tradition" is a smoke screen" used for other motives.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by truthislight: 8:53am On Jan 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: sorry to burst ur bubble, d apostle didnt say "hold on to immorality" he said to tradition and there is no 'baselessness' or immorality there

its like you are using this "tradition" as a screen to practice whatever you wish, is this true?

If not, can you please tell us the tradition in question you are talking about?
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 10:08am On Jan 16, 2013
truthislight:
you have still not told us the tradition my friend.
Is it the ones the apostles had befor writing the bible or the ones by men after them?
so, please answer the question.
Your failure to do so means your mention of the word "tradition" is a smoke screen" used for other motives.
the very traditions d apostles had b4 writing epistles and gospel, d very one they continued to have while they were writting d said epistle and gospel and they never cease to have even after they had written their respective epistle and gospel.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 10:10am On Jan 16, 2013
truthislight:

its like you are using this "tradition" as a screen to practice whatever you wish, is this true?

one of them will be that the bread and wine of the memorial of christ's death is his body and blood.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 10:10am On Jan 16, 2013
truthislight:

one of them will be that the bread and wine of the memorial of christ's death is his body and blood. And no tradition isnt a smokescreen
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by truthislight: 4:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: the very traditions d apostles had b4 writing epistles and gospel, d very one they continued to have while they were writting d said epistle and gospel and they never cease to have even after they had written their respective epistle and gospel.

And which where when was this tradition written and by who?

Why did they not and should they not include it in the bible?

Chritianity was started by christ as opposed to the ways befor the coming of christ.

So, please, when, where was this tradition written and for who and for what purpose?
Thanks.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by truthislight: 4:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: one of them will be that the bread and wine of the memorial of christ's death is his body and blood.

lol.

Is that ^^ the traditions?
Lol. Am disappointed guy.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by truthislight: 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: one of them will be that the bread and wine of the memorial of christ's death is his body and blood. And no tradition isnt a smokescreen

if it is not a smoke screen why are you being selective and not pointing out who is qualified to say what a tradition is and who was qualified to give it and when it was written?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Answer The Call Of God Without A Clear Vision? / What Is The Name Of God Almighty? / What Are You Thanking God For As 2018 Comes To An End?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.