Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,353 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic (9676 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 5:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
truthislight:
And which where when was this tradition written and by who?
tradition is not necessary written it may be spoken

Why did they not and should they not include it in the bible?
did any of d apostles ever claimed to be writting all he believed? No! They never said "im writting because i want to tell u all i believe" they only wrote what a particular church need at a particular time, at times it was in ansa to a specific set of question! I repeat no apostle claimed to write down all d spirit revealed to him that is why paul says "hold on to d tradition ... (we gave) by mouth or by letter"

Chritianity was started by christ as opposed to the ways befor the coming of christ.
So, please, when, where was this tradition written and for who and for what purpose?
Thanks.
i asked u b4 did u missed d part of scripture where paul asked d xtians to hold on to tradition? It was for xtians dat is y paul asked d xtians to hold it.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 5:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
truthislight:

if it is not a smoke screen why are you being selective and not pointing out who is qualified to say what a tradition is and who was qualified to give it and when it was written?
if u want to know d tradition they u must find them in the writtings of the earlier xtians.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by truthislight: 7:12pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: if u want to know d tradition they u must find them in the writtings of the earlier xtians.

by who?

During the apostles era?

After the death of the apostles? (1ce)

dont forget that the NT is an exclusive of the apostles teachings.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Boomark(m): 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
truthislight:

lol.

Is that ^^ the traditions?
Lol. Am disappointed guy.

Am also disappointed by one of the traditions.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 7:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
truthislight:

by who?

During the apostles era?

After the death of the apostles? (1ce)

dont forget that the NT is an exclusive of the apostles teachings.
d apostles taught odas, they werent talking in d air, tradition is transmitted from one century to another, that is y paul said to hold even dat he taught by word of mouth.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by truthislight: 8:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: d apostles taught odas, they werent talking in d air, tradition is transmitted from one century to another, that is y paul said to hold even dat he taught by word of mouth.

My friend, life is involved in this things and hence, my interest here.

See, this thing is not a thing that God arrange in a way that any and anyhow person will be the channel for the "truth".

The apostles where used for the teaching of christ/christianity in the NT and it was the father that hand picked them for christ and christ did not do that by himself. How much more other people?

It was this apostles that are the channel for the truth.

If you decide to gamble that by taking the words of others, well, your choice.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by truthislight: 8:34pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: d apostles taught odas, they werent talking in d air, tradition is transmitted from one century to another, that is y paul said to hold even dat he taught by word of mouth.

See, this thing is not a thing that God arrange in a way that any and anyhow person will be the channel for the "truth".

The apostles where used for the teaching of christ/christianity in the NT and it was the father that hand picked them for christ and christ did not do that by himself. How much more other people?

The tradition are teaching of the apostles also, that is befor the epistle were written they dont contradict the scriptures.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Boomark(m): 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2013

An avenue to practice idolatry and all sorts of unchristian practices. That is the tradition of men which the apostles never mentioned in all their teaching.

Apostles were also buying private jets. This is a tradition ubenedictus did not know of. Let your church fathers also include that one as a tradition. I no talk o....its just a suggestion.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2013
truthislight:
ok

The tradition are teaching of the apostles also, that is befor the epistle were written they dont contradict the scriptures.
hahaha, ok i think i understand where u are coming from. The revealation of christ is very important and not anyhow person shuld transmit tradition. Ok i get that.
That not withstanding the bible itself shows us how d xtian tradition was to be transmitted. 2 tim 2:2 it says and i quote and the things u have heard me say, in the presence of many witness entrust to reliable men who will be able to teach other
the bible let me know that d transmission of tradition didnt stop with the apostles, the apostles were to transmitted it to their disciples who in turn shuld entrust it to other men wu were capable of teaching odas. Paul taught them to timothy and timothy will entrust it to other wu must teach it to odas too. That is how scriptures bear witness to d transmission of tradition. So do d early xtians bear witnes dat peter transmitted to mark and linus etal, john to polycarp etal, paul to timothy, titus etal,etc. To claim that that transmission stoped with the apostle is to do a disservice to scripture, because scripture make it quite clear that tradition is to be transmitted from one generation of belivers to the next.
Peace my dear friend.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
Ofcux i dont need to look to know wu wrote this.
Boomark:
An avenue to practice idolatry and all sorts of unchristian practices. That is the tradition of men which the apostles never mentioned in all their teaching.
this is interesting, u weren't around to hear from d apostles personally all we have are their letter and the transmission of their faith thru tradition, so d above is presumptuous.
Apostles were also buying private jets. This is a tradition ubenedictus did not know of. Let your church fathers also include that one as a tradition. I no talk o....its just a suggestion.
hahaha, really funny, the church fathers are simply earlier xtians wu held and transmitted d faith and in 1200 years to our time no one termed church father, the church father are at least dead for 1200yrs now so it is literally imposible for them to buy private jet or preach it. As a general rule d church fada's were against unneccesary accumulation of material wealth because we are pilgrims on earth. And dead pipo dont write.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Boomark(m): 7:01am On Jan 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: Ofcux i dont need to look to know wu wrote this.

grin

You and your brother italo are owing me answers to a question i asked on the thread about bowing to images. How is he?
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 9:05am On Jan 18, 2013
Boomark:
grin
You and your brother italo are owing me answers to a question i asked on the thread about bowing to images. How is he?
i haven't heard from italo since b4 christmass, i hope he is ok, as for d ansa's i think u are beating a dead dog, u are just reasking previous questions, ansaing them wil b a waste of time. Atleast thank God i ansad d questions u asked here.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by truthislight: 10:55am On Jan 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: ok

hahaha, ok i think i understand where u are coming from. The revealation of christ is very important and not anyhow person shuld transmit tradition. Ok i get that.
That not withstanding the bible itself shows us how d xtian tradition was to be transmitted. 2 tim 2:2 it says and i quote and the things u have heard me say, in the presence of many witness entrust to reliable men who will be able to teach other
the bible let me know that d transmission of tradition didnt stop with the apostles, the apostles were to transmitted it to their disciples who in turn shuld entrust it to other men wu were capable of teaching odas. Paul taught them to timothy and timothy will entrust it to other wu must teach it to odas too. That is how scriptures bear witness to d transmission of tradition. So do d early xtians bear witnes dat peter transmitted to mark and linus etal, john to polycarp etal, paul to timothy, titus etal,etc. To claim that that transmission stoped with the apostle is to do a disservice to scripture, because scripture make it quite clear that tradition is to be transmitted from one generation of belivers to the next.
Peace my dear friend.

Even when that tradition contradicts the written words of the apostles, do you still put faith in such?

Well, my friend, it is your call.

Like i have said, ones life is at stake, gamble if you will.

Peace.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
truthislight:

Even when that tradition contradicts the written words of the apostles, do you still put faith in such?

Well, my friend, it is your call.

Like i have said, ones life is at stake, gamble if you will.
Peace.
i have told u b4 and i'm happy to repeat it again, no christian tradition contradicts the word of God. The only problem is people like u wu misinterprete the written word of God and set up a false contradiction where there is none.
I remember i told u that b4! I donot, neva have and neva will dispense of a single word of scripture, nor do i forsake a single part of d faith that has been transmitted thru tradition. Instead i hold both as d apostle paul has said for therein is one faith without shadow or contradiction.
If u read books i'll like to refer u to one.
Thank you.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by ebukaOtika(m): 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2013
FXKing2012:

Claiming the Roman catholic church was d first church wtout any shreid of proof doesnt do ur argument any good.
And there is way too much ranting in ur post.
The Catholic Church Was founded by our Lord Jesus Christ At the institution of Holy Eucharist at the last Super when he gave the command "Hoc facite in commerationem meam" and dat has being the sole Centre of d Catholic Faith...but churches of 2day can be establish by any nigger.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by ebukaOtika(m): 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
chasy16:

I agree with u. Italo is another sentimental thrash. Claiming catholic is the only true church is phucking annoying.
.............my dear,u ppl are derailing from the main topic.....BUT WHAT I WILL ONLY SAY IS WHEREVER CHURCH U FIND YOURSELF "JUST BE A GOOD PERSON AND LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR MIND AND HEART"
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by FXKing2012(m): 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
ebuka Otika: .
The Catholic Church Was founded by our Lord Jesus Christ At the institution of Holy Eucharist at the last Super when he gave the command "Hoc facite in commerationem meam" and dat has being the sole Centre of d Catholic Faith...but churches of 2day can be establish by any nigger.
This is hillarious.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by FXKing2012(m): 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
ebuka Otika: .............my dear,u ppl are derailing from the main topic.....BUT WHAT I WILL ONLY SAY IS WHEREVER CHURCH U FIND YOURSELF "JUST BE A GOOD PERSON AND LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR MIND AND HEART"
GBAM!
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by FXKing2012(m): 8:50am On Feb 10, 2013
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 10:43am On Feb 10, 2013
ebuka Otika: .
amen
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by FXKing2012(m): 8:41am On Feb 17, 2013
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Neddivine: 11:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
I hardly reply to many posts from these our misguided catholic friends firstly because they easily conjure irrational arguements just to keep to their agelong idol worship and secondly because I lack the priviledge of internet whenever I want it, else I have a lot to say to them.But I drop these few before I go.

1.They claim catholic was the first church ever founded but the apostles gathered with their converts and are termed among pentecostals as 'the early church' and they were called christians.The never had rosary or the statue of mary etc.The apostle paul founded many churches during his missionary journey as indicated in the book of Acts.Those weren't catholic churches.The Lord Jesus upbraided many churches in Revelation chapter2.Those were not catholic churches.

2.They claim peter was the first pope and founder of catholic church which is nowhere in the sciptures.Catholic popes and priests don't marry which is why many of them are accused of gay practices,&secret immoralities but peter was married and is automatically disqualified from being a catholic priest let alone a pope.

3.About all the apostles and multitudes of disciples of christ in the early church were married except paul who never taught it was compulsory for a minister of Christ.So where did the catholics get their doctrine of compulsory celibacy for priests.Certainly not from the scriptures.

4.They claim they are following tradition of the apostles.How can these their traditions so much contadict the very writings of the apostles in the scripture and even the entire scripture e.g the statue of Mary & other saints etc.

5.They claim Joshua fell down before the ark of God hence they worship marry.Didn't the apostles & disciples of christ know that Joshua fell down before the ark of God?Why didn't they make a statue of Mary and a rosary in Acts of the apostles to tell christiandom that its the right thing to do since Joshua fell before the ark of God.Besides if Joshua falling down before the ark of God justifies catholics to bow to mary then all the Idol worshippers in entire Nigeria & world can claim too they are right to bow to their dumb idols since Joshua fell before the ark of God.

I suffer internet access limitations but I'll come back to check their usually incoherent replies to this post within the week.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Ubenedictus(m): 12:02am On Feb 18, 2013
Neddivine:
1.They claim catholic was the first church ever founded but the apostles gathered with their converts and are termed among pentecostals as 'the early church' and they were called christians.The never had rosary or the statue of mary etc.The apostle paul founded many churches during his missionary journey as indicated in the book of Acts.Those weren't catholic churches.The Lord Jesus upbraided many churches in Revelation chapter2.Those were not catholic churches.
so if a woman gives birth and d child is called "baby" by visitors and on the 4th day d parents give baby a name eg joy, does that mean baby is different from joy? In the earliest stage of the church it wasnt named instead it adopted d name of d town or city eg 'the church in rome' or "the church in ephesus" as time went on the church was name by the christians according to her mission. That is "the church to the universe", the catholic church. Just as baby isnt different from joy so is d early xtian church not different from the catholic church. And it took time b4 xtians stated using d rosary, but on the other hand, the early church had images just as d catholic church does.

2.They claim peter was the first pope and founder of catholic church which is nowhere in the sciptures.Catholic popes and priests don't marry which is why many of them are accused of gay practices,&secret immoralities but peter was married and is automatically disqualified from being a catholic priest let alone a pope.
sorry my dear, u have been misinformed there are many married catholic priest like st peter and many celebate catholic priest like st paul and john. Correct urself.
3.About all the apostles and multitudes of disciples of christ in the early church were married except paul who never taught it was compulsory for a minister of Christ.So where did the catholics get their doctrine of compulsory celibacy for priests.Certainly not from the scriptures.
u again have been misinformed paul wasnt d only celibate in d early church, john is also called a "virgin". And in the catholic church there is no doctrine called "compulsory celibacy", like i said earlier there are many married priest. Catholic teaching on celibacy is based on 1 cor 7:32-35.
4.They claim they are following tradition of the apostles.How can these their traditions so much contadict the very writings of the apostles in the scripture and even the entire scripture e.g the statue of Mary & other saints etc.
now you must be joking!
5.They claim Joshua fell down before the ark of God hence they worship marry.Didn't the apostles & disciples of christ know that Joshua fell down before the ark of God?Why didn't they make a statue of Mary and a rosary in Acts of the apostles to tell christiandom that its the right thing to do since Joshua fell before the ark of God.Besides if Joshua falling down before the ark of God justifies catholics to bow to mary then all the Idol worshippers in entire Nigeria & world can claim too they are right to bow to their dumb idols since Joshua fell before the ark of God.
this is denial, a refusal to address the issue! U talk abt idol worshippers and use dat as a reason to condemn bowing. Are u aware that bowing and worshipping are different?

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 18, 2013
Boomark:

the doctrine in the bible is more than enough for Christians to follow. That is the doctrine of the church Christ raised.

Where did you get other doctrine you follow?
d bible itself is written based on d jewish,Greek and Roman traditions. So wat is it with doctrines. Any religion or belief that theologically is out of doctrine is null and void.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by FXKing2012(m): 9:01am On Feb 22, 2013
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Livingwaters: 7:36pm On May 10, 2013
Ubenedictus: so if a woman gives birth and d child is called "baby" by visitors and on the 4th day d parents give baby a name eg joy, does that mean baby is different from joy? In the earliest stage of the church it wasnt named instead it adopted d name of d town or city eg 'the church in rome' or "the church in ephesus" as time went on the church was name by the christians according to her mission. That is "the church to the universe", the catholic church. Just as baby isnt different from joy so is d early xtian church not different from the catholic church. And it took time b4 xtians stated using d rosary, but on the other hand, the early church had images just as d catholic church does.

sorry my dear, u have been misinformed there are many married catholic priest like st peter and many celebate catholic priest like st paul and john. Correct urself.
u again have been misinformed paul wasnt d only celibate in d early church, john is also called a "virgin". And in the catholic church there is no doctrine called "compulsory celibacy", like i said earlier there are many married priest. Catholic teaching on celibacy is based on 1 cor 7:32-35.
now you must be joking!
this is denial, a refusal to address the issue! U talk abt idol worshippers and use dat as a reason to condemn bowing. Are u aware that bowing and worshipping are different?
rcc ppl dont mind them, wetin concern rcc with christianity? The head of rcc is the pope while the head of christianity is Jesus Christ, if rcc like make them worship wood thats rc faith naija is a secular nation abi? Eh leave them alone.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by nora544: 8:52pm On May 10, 2013
Please read this than you see which church was the first and you see also every break.
This is history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolic_Age

Penecostal was not the first church sorry this is history you have to see it is a publication from Oxford also
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by christemmbassey(m): 10:16am On May 11, 2013
nora544: Please read this than you see which church was the first and you see also every break.
This is history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolic_Age

Penecostal was not the first church sorry this is history you have to see it is a publication from Oxford also
i think say oxford na biscuit, na person, how old is s/he? Bros we know how the church started in Acts, and there no record that they worshiped dead men bones, flesh, stones, wood etc, etc.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Boomark(m): 7:29pm On May 11, 2013
Chukskalidon:
d bible itself is written based on d jewish,Greek and Roman traditions. So wat is it with doctrines. Any religion or belief that theologically is out of doctrine is null and void.

God is not a respecter of men. If your church doctrine puts tradition of men before Christ, then you should run.
Re: Pentecostal Christians Existed Before Roman Catholic by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 13, 2016
tongue love the way italo dealt with the protestants in this thread tongue .....Giving them a taste of their own medicine grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Are You Thanking God For As 2018 Comes To An End? / What Are The Procedures To Getting Married At Rccg? / How To Obtain Strong Faith (six Principles) By Dr. Fred. K.c. Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.