Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? (20430 Views)

Breaking News: Nigerian Army Denies Having Buhari's Credential, Releases Stateme / The Problem With Having Kwankwaso In Apc- House Rep Kawu / What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by hubreality(m): 8:19am On Dec 08, 2012
ChrisGnarly: bt Buhari said he wount contest again, y campagning f hm?? anybody voting any former leader, be it GEJ is foolish and stupid to d last
If he can't stand by his words not to contest again or go to tribunal after 2011 elections, then he can't be trusted. Anyone thinking that corruption is successfully fought outside the 21st century Technology is presently living in the cave. No identified man can fight it without being one sided, but with Technology anyone/group/artificial intelligence can fight corruption and crime to a stand still, if you doubt me, please ask the civilized countries. yes, We can!
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:20am On Dec 08, 2012
GenBuhari:

Did you know Buhari's driver and cook are christians?

ANOTHER LIE!!!

Same way you guys lied that his first daughter was married to an Igbo man. It took the innocent girl's death for us to know that he was married to a fellow hausa moslem, Captain Junaidu Abdulahi. Even El-rufai posted the lie on his facebook page here;http://www.facebook.com/nasirelrufai/posts/10151778445175128. all in a bid to launder the islamist's image
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by kampacino(m): 8:21am On Dec 08, 2012
Elueme: @OP, everything is wrong with it including you for ever imagining this obscenity. If you think what makes a good leader is fanatism and stereotypism then Osama Bin Laden would have as well been the Saudi king. God forbid that such a bad news be a local govt chairman not to talk of the president of a secular and difficult country like nigeria which requires tact, gentility but strong will to rule. It is not about being sentimental or an apologist as some may think but Buhari cannot rule a plurialistic country like ours
you have a miopic brain/gullible thinkin from ur jet pastors.cant you think for urself,corruption is the backwardness this country is suffering from and the only solution is equal justice which buhari can provide not Gej with corrupt ministers and house of assembly members.pls sit down and think not sentiments/religious dogmatism
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by omoalaro: 8:23am On Dec 08, 2012
bknight: Sincere 9gerian, sorry but ur article isn't quite it. Majority of us who had our fears abt buhari being president is largely because of his extremism and not corruption during his regime. You may be against him but give him deserved credit in managing d nigerian economy & corruption in his days.

Buhari is not an extremist. Extremism is a picture painted by those who want to hold this country down so they can continue to violate it. Remember he wiped out the maitatsine sect decisively when he was head of state. It has been said times without number that his cook and drivers are Christians. Why do you still continue to believe fabrication from a gang of looters and violators of our commonwealth.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by manmustwac(m): 8:27am On Dec 08, 2012
I would've voted for Buhari instead of Goodluck if I was in Nigeria during the. Election but Buhuari being so ungratious in defeat, accusing PDP of rigging the elections & refusing to condem the killings of innocent southern NYSC students changed my attitude towards him

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by adconline(m): 8:30am On Dec 08, 2012
It's like asking a pirate who hijacked your ship and sank it, to become a captain to lead a rescue mission to save the sinking ship.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by eduson77(m): 8:31am On Dec 08, 2012
we need a president from Nairaland not pushing these criminals
up to that place to continue with their ps3 on us.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by sarutobie(m): 8:32am On Dec 08, 2012
udemzy_udex: smh for some Nigerians....everyday we keep shouting "leaders of tomorrow" are you not tired of letting one person to rule over and over again?..we are in the world of technology,things are changing everyday...we need new leaders with new mindset not an old skul who had ruled and still not satisfied..leaders are not the only problem of Nigeria,we have bad followers..imagine thinking od bringing back someone who had ruled some years back to rule you again...
Pls tell me,what did Buhari really do that make you people want him back?..
Pls go for new things,the world is changing..
Infact i'll never vote for any person who had ruled before and still dreaming of ruling...

The problem of Nigeria is bad leaders and bad followers..
I just don't understand why we nigerians will vote for people who have tasted power and has set us back..this guys have ruled when many of us still dey primary school..is the future really for the youths?..does that mean that in a country of over 160 million people there are no young,innovative and upright leaders to be found?..

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 08, 2012
lestat: @OP
why tell us your are Igbo, or are you trying to weep up sentiments? I doubt your sincerity, I don't think you are Igbo or you wouldn't have to state it, you are clearly trying to be manipulative and a coward hiding behind false claims hence you are actually doing your points more damage than any good!!!!
Having said that Tribe, or Religions should BE LEFT OUT OF MATTERES CONCERNING THE FUTURE OF THIS NATION...Everyone can see that GEJ is the worst president in the history of Nigeria and as things are except he aggressively rigs himself in he has lost the confidence of those that voted him in and even the International community is tired of him, he is so unwanted that as it stands now even tonto dike can beat his in 2015 that is if the elections will be truly free and fair undecided :-

I have never voted for GEJ always did for Buhari becos sentiments aside, if these corrupt guys are not scared away from Nigeria this country will never progress
If you'r WISE, you would know that corruption in Nig has it ROOTS in the SHARING OF FREE NIGER DELTA AND IGBO OIL MONEY. Changing the personnel presiding over the sharing of the free oil money will NEVER STOP the corruption but will only change the BENEFICIARIES of the corruption. Any where there's FREE MONEY TO BE SHARED, one must be more than an ANGEL not to fall for the temptation of being corrupt. Even if the person at the top is not looting too much, those under him will be looting. Forget the SUPER STORY of people who claim they'll fight corruption to a standstill. If the FREE OIL MONEY CEASES TO FLOW TODAY, corruption in Nig will reduce by over 90% automatically. You dont need an anti-corruption czar to stop corruption in Nig. Alternatively, we can re-structure the country and give states full control of their resources. This will move the pot of corruption to the states and reduce corruption and tension at the federal level. Will Buhari stop re-structuring? I guess no!
However, as democracy grows, legislature becomes stronger to serve as checks, the judiciary stands it ground and with the SEARCH LIGHT of the media, corruption will naturally reduce over time

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Bolan123: 8:33am On Dec 08, 2012
PointB: Slice it dice it anyway you like! The old bigot and fanatic wil NEVER win Presidential election in Nigeria. Buhari's time has long past, he is now a relic of the past!
On point
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by lastpage: 8:35am On Dec 08, 2012
berem: I prefer a fanatic buhari than a clueless Jonathan.
[size=14pt]
Both are just TWO SIDES OF THE SAME COIN![/size] cry cry cry

Just look at what is happening in EGYPT RIGHT NOW..... and your question
(what is wrong with Buhari?) is FULLY ANSWERED!
wink wink

No long Story!

Lastpage!
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 08, 2012
Ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I weep for my dear nation!!!

We need someone we can trust. What is better than someone patriotic with a track record of zero tolerance for corruption and foreign imperialists? cry cry cry cry

Igbos, stop living in the past and accept that we are ruled by the same clique.

First thing Obasanjo did after gaining power was probing the PTF but he couldn't find any trace of wrong doing. In fact the person obasanjo sent to probe PTF was a thief!

Remember we will all die. Remember death can come knocking anytime. What is the mark we want to leave for the future? My generation is young and we watch as these old people sit, look and laugh as our common wealth is being stolen by the same clique of people?

For a pastor to vouch for him with integrity, it says a lot to you Christians if you are not bias. Remember it was this same pastor that took to the street when some PDP elites wouldn't let Jonathan take his rightful place in Nigerian constitution. Remember it was this pastor that led the SNG to campaign for Jonathan. For him to go against Jonatha a Christian and vouch for Buhari a Muslim before becoming his Vice presidential candidate, it says a lot.

Nigerians, Buhari is the only one we can trust.

All those saying Leaders of tomorrow blah blah should remember the so called leaders of tomorrow won't have a chance if a corruption free government is not there..

Nigerians, Nigeria is for US. Nigeria na we atmosphere, we no get anywhere to carry our wahala go!

We need Buhari and if a man like that should say he doesn't want to contest anymore, we should force him to come back as a case of national emergency.

All it takes is for you to READ to be convinced about the man's personality.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by caesaraba(m): 8:39am On Dec 08, 2012
Must it be Buhari? Abeg let's move forward and try someone new. What we should look at is someone who can move us from the point we are right now, to a set point in the near future. Personally, I don't care if that person comes from the North or South.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 08, 2012
0lumide:

Buhari is islamist yet Nigeria didn't join the Islamic nations' clique under him?

Buhari is wants to islamize Nigeria yet when he had totalitarian power, he did not islamize Nigeria?

Buhari is an illiterate yet he managed our economy leaving no debt behind. But the PHD holder is making us owe $41billion?

Ignorance is one of our problems in Nigeria. If we can get ignorance out of our country, corruption will follow it out!!

I have said it on my other thread and will say it again. SS/SE vote won't count in 2015 if they decide to vote for PDP again..

SS/SE vote can't beat that of SW/North that will overwhelmingly vote for buhari!
very correct
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Myself2(m): 8:49am On Dec 08, 2012
@ OP,
Why are you so obsessed with Buhari?are you one of the almajiris he uses for his violent attacks on corpers and non-muslims?
Is Buhari the only man from the North?

Please forget about that hypocritical and undemocratic pseudo-terrorist who must "have his way or blood will flow in Nigeria"
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Bolan123: 8:50am On Dec 08, 2012
GenBuhari: Buhari is tried and tested

We cannot afford any more errors in tackkling corruption.
He is a fanatic. What genuine effort has he made in stopping d killings in d north by his brothers. Does he want to rule only d housa-fulani? He can not and will never rule Nigeria again. We await the flow of d blood of his monkey and baboon.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Bolan123: 8:50am On Dec 08, 2012
GenBuhari: Buhari is tried and tested

We cannot afford any more errors in tackkling corruption.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 08, 2012
caesaraba: Must it be Buhari? Abeg let's move forward and try someone new. What we should look at is someone who can move us from the point we are right now, to a set point in the near future. Personally, I don't care if that person comes from the North or South.

If I hear something NEW again?!!!

Is GEJ not NEW?!!!!!!!!!!!

All these rhetoric with no logical relation to reality pisses me off!

Why are you guys so dumb, deaf and blind?

It's hard to salvage the ignorant from ignorance for real!!!

I'm not even a Muslim or Christian... I'm a sea worshiper and my girlfriend is a Christian.. But that kind of sophistication is rare in Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Navalsadiq(m): 8:53am On Dec 08, 2012
greateros:

No dear, everything is wrong with you! tongue tongue
from the number of likes i guess buhari has lost it.but for he is the man for the job.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Navalsadiq(m): 8:54am On Dec 08, 2012
BeraBera: Everything is wrong with it.
everything like?
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 08, 2012
Funny how it's only South easterners that take a "no going back" stance on not voting for Buhari..

Ok, I will not vote for Buhari if you can find someone "young" that can win with a record zero tolerance for corruption..

I'm 25 and I won't say "we need a young person".. I used to think I'm intelligent and smart until I figured no matter how smart I am, some forms of sophistication and intelligence can only come with time not thoughts or thinking.

READ NIGERIANS!! READ!! THE FOREIGN VULTURES ARE AT OUR SHORES READY TO TAKE NIGERIA FOR EVERY DIME IT'S GOT. THEY ARE READ AND THEY HAVE THEIR AGENTS IN ALL SECTORS OF OUR GOVERNMENT. THEY ARE USING CORRUPTION TO FURTHER THEIR CRUSADE.. PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU NIGERIANS READ cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by ABUGEORGE(m): 9:02am On Dec 08, 2012
Naija will never learn, why do we keep hiding d truth from ourselves, Gej has lost it all, Buhari if most of dis nigerians knows d man history no one will have been criticisin him, i dont want to talk more, on behalf of my family Buhari have my vote comes 2015 if only he contested.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by hubreality(m): 9:02am On Dec 08, 2012
"Politicians think of the next election while leaders think of the next generation" ~ Gov Rochas Okorocha. Promoters of Buhari for president 2015 at this present time 2012 are simply selfish. With your multiple Nairaland ids, we are yet waiting for the next thread on why Buhari will become Nigeria president 2015 by force!
He should start now to help repair the North and talk to his youths to show love to other tribes and religion, they'll listen to him, but he's busy attacking the President via El-rufai and going after 2015. It won't work!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 08, 2012
Bolan123:
He is a fanatic. What genuine effort has he made in stopping d killings in d north by his brothers. Does he want to rule only d housa-fulani? He can not and will never rule Nigeria again. We await the flow of d blood of his monkey and baboon.
buhari was accused of being a sponsor of boko haram yet no member of the sect was found in his house. atiku abubakar threatened that he will make Jonathan 's regime ungovernable yet we blame buhari for boko haram insurgents. Andrew azzazi said some pdp members are sponsors of bokoharam. did he mention buhari? now who is fooling who? just because bokoharam made him a negotiator that makes him a sponsor. I guess wole soyinka is also a MEND militant.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by CohenJane: 9:06am On Dec 08, 2012
blink182: Nigeria is definitely in trouble. I doubt we will ever be ready for progress.

Exactly my thought ... with all these nonesense people post here
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by sarutobie(m): 9:12am On Dec 08, 2012
hubreality: "Politicians think of the next election while leaders think of the next generation" ~ Gov Rochas Okorocha. Promoters of Buhari for president 2015 at this present time 2011 are simply selfish. With your multiple Nairaland ids, we are yet waiting for the next thread on why Buhari will become Nigeria president 2015 by force!
He should start now to help repair the North and talk to his youths to show love to other tribes and religion, they'll listen to him, but he's busy attacking the President via El-rufai and going after 2015. It won't work!
"Politicians think of the next election,leaders think of the next generation"..priceless..why it has to be a 70year old or a former president that nigerians have to vote for beats me..I mean..is there no one else? From the north,south,west and eastern parts of the niger..is there no one else??

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Walexz02(m): 9:15am On Dec 08, 2012
udemzy_udex:
In America,i don't think any president has ruled for more than eight years(u can correct me if i'm wrong) i'm not saying burahi is bad,but why can't we go for new things,yes we went for Gej but things are not going the way we thought it would be but does that mean we should go back and vote for a former leader? Why do some Nigerian like going backward,the fact he his good does not mean we don't have good leaders out there who are ready to rule Nigerian...
If we keep thinking that Nigeria can only be grt if only past leaders can rule then we will never reach there..
what have you really contribute to the growth of Nigeria?

We are not only suffering from bad leaders but bad followers(u and i)
look at you, what on earth ar u saying 4rm ur as*s. "If u dnt knw where you ar going,I tink you should know where u ar coming from" if we cant trust the leaders we ar having now,we should be able to trust the old ones whom have been tested and trusted.
U can please start naming the ones we can trust apart from Gen. Buhari..
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by gratiaeo(m): 9:16am On Dec 08, 2012
Some people here are stupid and ignorance so you are expecting Buhari to win erection in southeast/south south where he did not even have one campaign office... Sorry we ll disappoint yuo
He thank that winning an erection is all about having Alimagili followers from one section of the country... next time let him come down to the east and tell what he ll build for us
Gej may have disappointed us but its still better to have him there than all this Abokis who think Nigeria is their birth right to rule
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Walexz02(m): 9:17am On Dec 08, 2012
sarutobie:
"Politicians think of the next election,leaders think of the next generation"..priceless..why it has to be a 70year old or a former president that nigerians have to vote for beats me..I mean..is there no one else? From the north,south,west and eastern parts of the niger..is there no one else??

who ar they that we can trust,atleast those tested even if not trusted. Name them...
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Blueboy0402: 9:21am On Dec 08, 2012
GenBuhari: ^^ Tribalism and bigotted views like yours is one of Nigeria's biggest obstacles to progress and it is what thieving elites exploit to confuse and subdue the masses as the work together across all tribal groups to rob us of our collective wealth.
Are you not old enough to be Nigeria's president? Are you not tired of the toga "the leader of tomorrow?" Is it in the grave that you will be a leader? In my earlier post I did say that Buhari became military head of state at age 41. Today he is 70.

Are you not aware that as you get older your mental alertness and accuracy gradually becomes decimated? Despite the challenges of Jocob Zuma and the ANC youth leader, why dont South Africans recall Nelson Mandella who is over 90 years to come and be president again? Are you ok? If at your age you feel you cant be the president of Nigeria then you are also part of the clueless generation which authomatically means you are clueless. Remember Gowon became leader in his mid 20s. Go and ask your Buhari if he can still do all he did when he was 41 then come back and give me his reply.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by alakid: 9:28am On Dec 08, 2012
My first post on Nairaland!
I want my fellow Nairalanders to know that the peoples General( Muhd Buhari ) has what we refer to as disciples, people that follow him because they have seen him as a role model. So far no other Nigerian ruler, old or new school has developed such followership.
If Buhari contests a million times I would vote for him, that said, I wouldn't mind seeing him mentor a new set of young leaders to emerge, who have a semblance of his integrity and who think in th dynamism required to place us among if not the 1st world, then we should be among the emerging ecomomies.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 08, 2012
and u are what exactly? mature? i really doubt that
0lumide:

Which people aired? Haters like you? Lmao!!

What pisses me off is South easterners coming here to say represent "people" you don't even represent South East loooll!!! Hahahaha You represent you invalid vote.

In the West, we will vote for Buhari and North will vote for him overwhelmingly.. Loooll and where will that leave the SE "we hate Buhari"? Your vote will not matter..

Lool!! Anyone who vote PDP in 2015, is a biiig foool and an ignorant piece of shiiiit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Presidency In Grand Plan To Abort New Order Of Elections / Monguno: Buhari Plans To Overhaul Security Architecture / "Olujonwo Obasanjo & Tope Adebutu Met Once Before Marriage" - Taiwo Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.