Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,869 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? (20428 Views)

Breaking News: Nigerian Army Denies Having Buhari's Credential, Releases Stateme / The Problem With Having Kwankwaso In Apc- House Rep Kawu / What Is Wrong With The Youths Of This Nation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by alakid: 9:35am On Dec 08, 2012
A reply to all calling the north violent, fundamental, extremist etc. I do not blame you, most of you have not been to the north. Ask all your corp members that come to the north to serve and never go back, ask your traders that are making brisk business up here, you would now find out that all the useless reports about the north is manufactured by haters in the guise of journalists, that are half baked and not widely travelled
P.S. Boko haram is doing more damage to us in a colossal dimension than to visitors to the north. They have killed many NORTHERN MUSLIMS, yes! But you never hear the media tell you that.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by jmoore(m): 9:45am On Dec 08, 2012
we have good candidates like Pat Utomi. Buhari is not our messiah, if he dies today Nigeria will still progress. Nigeria destiny is not tied to a particular man.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 08, 2012
I TOTALLY HATE THE WAY NIGERIANS THINK.....WAT HAS BUHARI GOT TO OFFER? LEME TELL...IF HE´S GOT ANY CHANGE TO MEK...IT WAS THEN WHEN HE HAD HIS CHANCES AND SEVERAL OPPORTUNITIES TO......GOODLUCK HAS DONE HIS BEST AND BEING A CHRISTIAN AND A SOUTHERNER MANY THINGS WUNT LET HIM RULE THE WAY HE OUGTS TO E.G MILITANCY AND BOKOHARAM ISSUES.....AND EVEN D SO CALLED POLITICAL GODFATHERS USES THIS OPPORTUNTY TO EMBESSLE MONEY.......BUHARI ABI NA BUGHATTI SHULD GO AND BURI HIMSELF AND LET OTHER NEW YOUNG POLITICIANS WITH MODERN CONCEPTIONS TO RULE.....HABA.....HIM DON OLD NA....MEK HIM GO DIE......HIM MATES DEM DON DIE FINISH.....GOWON DEM
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by udemzyudex(m): 10:00am On Dec 08, 2012
GenBuhari: u dont hav to ask, he has rule b4, judge him by his track record
I don't av to judge him,let another person rule,he should go and rest.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by udemzyudex(m): 10:09am On Dec 08, 2012
Walexz02:
look at you, what on earth ar u saying 4rm ur as*s. "If u dnt knw where you ar going,I tink you should know where u ar coming from" if we cant trust the leaders we ar having now,we should be able to trust the old ones whom have been tested and trusted.
U can please start naming the ones we can trust apart from Gen. Buhari..
U're talking with ur pen*is u need some sense...
Did i say anything about trust? i don't need to trust anyone before a leader can do what is right in a country,all i'm saying is that we should move forward and stop going backward...
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by pheesayor(m): 10:10am On Dec 08, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Some persons have painted a picture of of paradise on earth when Buhari ruled this country between 1983 to 1985. For those who didn't witness that period, the article below summarizes what happened in that period.
Muhammad Buhari , Muhammad also spelled Muhammadu (born Dec. 17, 1942, Daura, Nigeria), Nigerian military leader and politician, who served as head of state (1984–85).
Educated largely in Katsina , Buhari took military training in Kaduna as well as in Great Britain, India, and the United States. He was INVOLVED in the military coup that ousted Yakubu Gowon in 1975 and was appointed military governor of North Eastern state (now Borno ) that same year. He WAS APPOINTED federal commissioner for petroleum resources BY Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo , who became military head of state when Gowon’s successor, Murtala Mohammed, was assassinated in 1976. By 1977 Buhari had become the military secretary at Supreme Military Headquarters, which was the seat of government. By September 1979 he had returned to regular army duties and commanded a division based in Kaduna. Although elected government had returned to Nigeria in 1979, dissatisfaction with what the military perceived as corrupt politicians led to another military coup on Dec. 31, 1983, and Buhari was chosen unanimously to be the new head of state.
INSURMOUNTABLE ECONOMIC PROBLEMS plagued the Buhari regime as petroleum prices collapsed in the face of EXPANDING FOREIGN DEPT. Buhari instituted austerity measures that caused SEVERE HARDSHIP to the average Nigerian. In addition, POLITICAL CORRUPTION CONTINUED unabated, with politicians escaping to Western countries with millions of dollars in government money. In an effort to STOP DISSENSION, Buhari instituted restrictions on the press, political freedoms, and trade unionists.
By August 1985 even the military had had enough,and Ibrahim Babangida took control of the government. Buhari was detained in Benin City but was released at the end of 1988.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/83801/Muhammad-Buhari
Only FOOLS will be deceived!!

Could you also tell us here that Buhari built all the refineries we have in this country Some as petroleum minister and some as head of state
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by ademo1: 10:15am On Dec 08, 2012
To the proponents of Buhari, are u telling Nigerians dat he's d only one dat can rule dis country successfully? If he does not present himself Nigeria cannot be transformed? Besides dat when he ruled dis country yrs back, he was overshadowed by his deputy, Babatunde Idiagbon. The credit and accolade of d administation if any should b shared with his deputy. Let me tell u dat we av more dan enough to rule dis country not him. To some comments above, what makes u convinced dat south west will vote for Buhari? I'm frm Ondo state and with d extremism attached to Buhari, if not for anything he will fail. Nigeria is a secular state which any religion can rule. We need a person dat does not av any stain in terms of religion at dis trying period. I want u to kno dat in every rumour there is an iota of truth. Likewise, Jonathan is a failure. I demand for a person like Fashola, Ribadu, OShiomole, Pat Utomi to rule dis state not old man dat has been rejected 3 times. because of d support frm d north he thinks he would b voted in south which prompted killing of d Innocent souls including corpers. If ur brother or sister was among those dat were killed u will not b suppporting those blood suckers. Nonsense. He said he had retired frm politics i dont kno what he still wants. He want to fulfill d obligation given to him frm Iran, Afganistan, .syria. He should quit politics
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by 1025: 10:20am On Dec 08, 2012
if i am asked to choose a man that will change the history of this country, i will surely go for Buhari.
i am from imo state and i have looked at this useless pdp and i have come to terms that they will only lead us to the grave yards.
until we face the realities on ground and embrace the truth, we will continue having govt officials who are richer than states and countries yet the masses die of hunger.
under jonathan, the only news we hear is bomb and looting.
we need a change and pdp has no hand in change as they are so corrupt that they can't afford change on the positive side.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by ayusco: 10:20am On Dec 08, 2012
First of all(pls don't say go down low) I believe Gen.Buhari is a man who cares for his people especially of his constituency. He's stubborn self confident and genuinely believes he is the to lead Nigeria out of the quagmire she's in which is an honest aspiration but for me personally I won't want him as my president here are my reason

1. He overthrew a democratically elected shagari led goverment now he wants to benefit from a process he initially didn't believe in
2. Some of the actions/policies of his military regime were not well thought out IMO eg jailing of all political leaders without first establishing proof of their crimes, subtle hints of ethno/tribal sentiments supreme military council made up of mostly northern members, shagari who as president was in charge of everything you put under house arrest ekwueme you threw into the gulag
3. His illogical defence of abacha that he stole nothing I mean c'mon! You can be friends with the man no one begrudges you that but to defend him? Smh
4. Under abacha governance was at an all time low infact a lot of if not most of the country's problems emanated from this period yet Buhari saw no wrong in their regime infact served as head of ptf that also later turned out to be a cesspool of corruption the irony!
5. Now assuming we choose to ignore the above points OK last year even my humble self said OK let's give the General the benefit of the doubt in the debate leadding up to the presidential election his answers to various questions on how to solve modern Nigeria's problems left me unimpressed. Is it on power that he didn't even know how much megawatts we were generating in 1999 or his assertion that are educational system is OK. Nor did he give concrete answers to how he will solve our over reliance on oil
6. Then the utterances of the General betray him as being so desperate to be president as a patriot he feels justifiably he can do it but for one reason or the other he hass been rejected I would have expected him to mentor push others to try and vie for the presidency but no Mr messiah complex himself won't allow it
In conclusion no doubt this GEJ administration has so far failed to live up to expectation but to replace him with Buhari in 2015 won't solve our problems because in my opinion his attributes and style of governance (based on his military regime and utterances out of government) can not confront the challenges of a complex multi-ethnic and multi-religious country as ours. The opposition should work hard to pick a better candidate as that alone will be able to beat this PDP behemoth

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by acidtalk: 10:26am On Dec 08, 2012
berem: buhari was accused of being a sponsor of boko haram yet no member of the sect was found in his house. atiku abubakar threatened that he will make Jonathan 's regime ungovernable yet we blame buhari for boko haram insurgents. Andrew azzazi said some pdp members are sponsors of bokoharam. did he mention buhari? now who is fooling who? just because bokoharam made him a negotiator that makes him a sponsor. I guess wole soyinka is also a MEND militant.

Please tell me this is actually Berem behind this handle and not someone hacking into her handle.

This is so Beautiful. Keep it up.

ONLY truth and proper reasoning can help us out in this country.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:34am On Dec 08, 2012
[b]Buhari's Corruption Finally Exposed

Category: POLITICS
Published on Monday, 08 November 2010 21:17
Written by Dr Emmanuel O. Fashakin

"Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming.

"On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure".

Buhari's Corruption Finally Exposed - Why would anyone support Buhari for President? by Emmanuel O. Fashakin

Here is an excerpt from an article by Prof Naiwu Osahon titled "The Arab World Wants Nigeria Dead." You may read the full article at http://www.elombah.com/news/node/4155

“Shagari’s regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari’s wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo’s era as military head of state that preceded Shagari’s. Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamour for such an investigation by members of the civil society. The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Buhari, Obasanjo’s appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. The Committee’s report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari’s regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter soon after the 1983 general elections.

“The attempt at civilian-to-civilian transition provided the fillip for mayhem at the time. The elections were marred by massive rigging because incumbent political office holders were refusing to slacken their stranglehold on Nigeria Plc., mortgaged as the leaders private property. On the 31st December, 1983, Buhari struck under the cover of the political commotion that trailed the presidential election results. Buhari generally had no agenda for leadership but vendetta against those he called critics and rabble-rousers. Buhari did not see any moral wrong in his conversion of our oil money into his personal use. Rather he railed at the press and what he described as the self-righteous sections of the country for making a big deal out of the issue. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue. Satire saved my neck at the time. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at a Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.

“Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming. On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure. Haruna Adamu, who was appointed by Obasanjo to investigate the PTF before finally consigning it to the dung heap, allegedly quickly pocketed one hundred million naira of PTF’s money before operating table could be set up for him, thus forcing Obasanjo to hurriedly close the place down without further investigations. Buhari has been trying desperately since to return to power, perhaps to get a chance to shred the PTF documents? =================== Now, given these facts, why would anyone support buhari's bid for the presidency? Here is a brash, arrogant, unco-operative, belligerent, vindictive ex-military dictator who unleashed a 20-month reign of terror on the motherland. His only claim to relevancy in the present scheme of things is the phantom assertion that he is not corrupt. Now that this myth has been debunked, why would anyone support buhari for the coveted office? Any vote for buhari will just split the progressive vote and ensure that pdp and its money bags win the election by default with a minority plurality of the votes.

This is time to re-think. It's time to dump Buhari and let him descend to political oblivion where he belongs -- he does not have any major political party supporting him, and he is a political lightweight, even in his north domain. Buhari is unelectable. He is vindictive and unforgiving; he will not dialogue, even when he is wrong. The nigerian doctors he unpatriotically hounded out of nigeria a quater of a century ago are thriving all over the world, to the disadvantage of our motherland land. It's time for a new nigeria -- it's time to dump buhari -- for good!

I agree that rather than the Buhari camp getting upset, they had better start explaining and telling their side of the story. And it is not enough to ask that someone sue him to court. Probity in public life transcends legalism; the perception of wrongdoing is enough to tarnish a political career. Ask Congressman Condit in the Chandra Levy case. As I said earlier, if Buhari is shown to be corrupt, or has engaged in, or condone corruption, he loses all relevance in the present discourse.

If Buhari indeed does not have a foreign bank account, then the Midland bank story is false. The Buhari people have not confirmed that assertion, that Buhari does not have, and has never maintained a foreign bank account, either directly, or via a proxy.

In cases like this, there is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. However in Buhari's case, it is one co-incidence too many. It appears that money gets missing whenever Buhari gets within one mile of Petroleum Funds. He and his team have an explanation to do. Reminds me of an Ohio case: a policeman's wife was reported missing. That was not extra-ordinary in itself, until it was pointed out that this was his fourth missing wife in 15 years. Now the whole thing takes a different meaning. He has been arrested and charged for murder, even though the missing wife's body has not been recovered.

Therefore, Buhari owes the nation an explanation of where all this money went, OBJ probe or no probe. The repetition of the occurrences has eroded away any presumption of innocence he might otherwise enjoy.

Dr Emmanuel O. Fashakin, M.D.; Esq.

Attorney at Law & President/ Medical Director,

Alpha-K Family Medical Practice, P.C.
[/b]

BUHARI SHOULD EXPLAIN HIS ROLE IN PTF BEFORE DECLARING HIMSELF INCORRUPTIBLE.

Source: http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4416:buharis-corruption-finally-exposed&catid=25:politics&Itemid=92

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Desdola(m): 10:44am On Dec 08, 2012
though am not a fan of GEJ, but the idea of Buhari leading this country is out of it. Any other good person shld rule but definitely not Buhari.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:51am On Dec 08, 2012
WE LOVE THIS COUNTRY TOO MUCH TO LET OUR FUTURE BE LIKE OUR PAST.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by ZeusI: 11:03am On Dec 08, 2012
'Buhari is the best president Nigeria will never have'.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:04am On Dec 08, 2012
1025: if i am asked to choose a man that will change the history of this country, i will surely go for Buhari.
i am from imo state and i have looked at this useless pdp and i have come to terms that they will only lead us to the grave yards.
until we face the realities on ground and embrace the truth, we will continue having govt officials who are richer than states and countries yet the masses die of hunger.
under jonathan, the only news we hear is bomb and looting.
we need a change and pdp has no hand in change as they are so corrupt that they can't afford change on the positive side.

If you are from Imo State, you should have been thinking Rochas, not going backwards to Buhari.

Ademo1 mentioned: Fashola, Ribadu, OShiomole, Pat Utomi. Pleasb, Buhari might be a good incorruptible man but he had his chance. With Supreme rule as a Military leader.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:05am On Dec 08, 2012
Zeus I: 'Buhari is the best president Nigeria will never have'.

HABA, he has already been president.
grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by omenziate(m): 11:06am On Dec 08, 2012
The senile old f-o-o-l should be laid to rest jor. All dis paid sycophants can talk magniloquently all they want but fact is Buhari is expired or rancid milk. @ olumide , ur confidence about the south West voting for Buhari made me guffaw. Which south west to b precise, don't ever equate ur redundant posts as being intelligent, Nigeria is actually bigger and more complex than a mouse and a 15.4" screen laptop. How do u reconcile a man who made incendiary remarks and some days after his loyal slaves butchered corpers. He goes again to make very innane comments like Mixing of blood of animals. D dude is past his prime and I can confidently tell u he is winning anything in his dreams, not this Nigeria. Probably Arewastan.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by mdadam: 11:09am On Dec 08, 2012
those dat accuse buhari of religious fanatism are making a mistake. I dont knw where they get their points from. Pls go and make enquiry.the fanatic Buhari was the person dat dealt wit maitasine uprising in kano and bauchi, and do u knw wat he did to those so called muslim group? He gave a shooting order. Again. Buhari's driver and cook for over 12 years are christians. Just dis year ramadan fasting the fanatic hosted pastors and reverends in kaduna in a mosque to break fast wit dem-U stil tag him fanatic. Pls confirm d number of christians in his cabinet wen he was a military head of state. One last ting is, wen buhari was military head of state, he had d chance of implementing sharia in nigeria becos as u claim he is a fanatic, but he didnt, he did not even register nigeria as an islamic state. U stil cal him fanatic!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by olaola2: 11:10am On Dec 08, 2012
Watever Buhari is far better than GEJ
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by doche1: 11:10am On Dec 08, 2012
Evrytin z completly wrong, i'm nt sure if really u r an igbo guy. Sinc buhari campeign frm 1999, hv u evr notic buhari assosiations wit igbo? Instead he rather go 4 yoruba, dz is all bcz he has negativ intention 2wrd igbo. N bside dat guy buhari z an old sku, we nid a revolutionalist sm1 ho cn b able 2 combate crime n corruption, i wil advc u 2 go bck 2 d last election n c d plans buhari has put in plc if elected.he has plan only 4 d north n he dnt gv a Bleep wr u cum frm or weda u vote him. So pls b wise,buhari z a poisenous green snake

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by lanrefront1(m): 11:12am On Dec 08, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
If you'r WISE, you would know that corruption in Nig has it ROOTS in the SHARING OF FREE NIGER DELTA AND IGBO OIL MONEY. Changing the personnel presiding over the sharing of the free oil money will NEVER STOP the corruption but will only change the BENEFICIARIES of the corruption. Any where there's FREE MONEY TO BE SHARED, one must be more than an ANGEL not to fall for the temptation of being corrupt. Even if the person at the top is not looting too much, those under him will be looting. Forget the SUPER STORY of people who claim they'll fight corruption to a standstill. If the FREE OIL MONEY CEASES TO FLOW TODAY, corruption in Nig will reduce by over 90% automatically. You dont need an anti-corruption czar to stop corruption in Nig. Alternatively, we can re-structure the country and give states full control of their resources. This will move the pot of corruption to the states and reduce corruption and tension at the federal level. Will Buhari stop re-structuring? I guess no!
However, as democracy grows, legislature becomes stronger to serve as checks, the judiciary stands it ground and with the SEARCH LIGHT of the media, corruption will naturally reduce over time

I have never heard of a more stupid logic or approach in my life. Imagine "....as democracy grows, legislature becomes stronger to serve as checks...." This is complete and utter rubbish. Is this what happened in corrupt counties that witnessed dramatic turn-around? A good example close to home is Ghana. Another good example is China.

Infact anyone that listens to this guy is a big fool. Its so obvious he is government paid agent on Nairaland. I have no doubt this is Beaf repackaged. And oh yes, he has multiple IDs like "taraqua" and the likes.

Nigerians are fools and easily deceived.

Some say Buhari is old and we should have a new person and yet refuse to mention that new person. Are we going to bring that new person Planet Pluto or from Asia? By the way, corruption in Nigeria encompasses but the old and young leaders. Even many youth are already corrupt and perverted in their ways taking a cue from our elders. Our only hope is to elect somebody with a track record of integrity who hates corruption and injustice with a passion.

That's what Nigeria needs.

Some people are saying we need good structures and not and individual like Buhari. We will put those structures and laws in place. You think corrupt men and thieving politicians will put them in place? Ofcourse not. Only a strong and incorruptible men like Buhari will do that. The structures won't put themselves in place on their own.

Can you imagine, a Joanthan's Administration in which there has been and embezzlement and fraud of over 5 Trillion naira in just 2 years, yet people like SincereNigerian and his likes come here telling us how wonderful this Administration is and how much Jonathan loves.

Jonathan's case is exactly like that of an abusive husband who beats his wife ever so often yet professes his undying love for her everyday.

And Nigerians are like the abused wife who refuses to leave the abusive husband who uses her as a punching bag even though there is a complete gentleman who the whole community knows as good man, begging for her love and a chance just to allow him treat her the way a lady deserves to be treated, with love, affection and devotion.

The adage "a nation deserves the leader they get" is especially true in Nigeria's case.

And by the way, please anyone that says No it can't be Buhari, mention one such person who has enough clout to become President without having any Godfather.

And for those saying Fashola, honestly Fashola cannot even come close to Buhari in terms of honesty, integrity and abhorrence for corruption. Infact what are you talking about? Only a fool or an ignorant idiot will say Fashola is not corrupt. Fashola with his godfather Tinubu have stolen Lagos so blind, unborn generation of Lagosians will pay for it.

We are not just talking about and incorruptible person, but one with enough clout to win an election and bloodyfool any "who is who" in this nation today. Tell us now, who is that person? Is it Pat Utomi or Fashola? Abeg make una tell us.

Nigeria, a nation whose citizens have been bewitched out of common sense and logic and therefore destined to suffer in a land flowing with milk and honey.

Don't worry. Don't vote Buahri. Continue to vote for clueless and mind-boggling corrupt Jonathan and PDP and continue to suffer. What I don't understand however is why you complain when you suffer?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by lanrefront1(m): 11:13am On Dec 08, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
If you'r WISE, you would know that corruption in Nig has it ROOTS in the SHARING OF FREE NIGER DELTA AND IGBO OIL MONEY. Changing the personnel presiding over the sharing of the free oil money will NEVER STOP the corruption but will only change the BENEFICIARIES of the corruption. Any where there's FREE MONEY TO BE SHARED, one must be more than an ANGEL not to fall for the temptation of being corrupt. Even if the person at the top is not looting too much, those under him will be looting. Forget the SUPER STORY of people who claim they'll fight corruption to a standstill. If the FREE OIL MONEY CEASES TO FLOW TODAY, corruption in Nig will reduce by over 90% automatically. You dont need an anti-corruption czar to stop corruption in Nig. Alternatively, we can re-structure the country and give states full control of their resources. This will move the pot of corruption to the states and reduce corruption and tension at the federal level. Will Buhari stop re-structuring? I guess no!
However, as democracy grows, legislature becomes stronger to serve as checks, the judiciary stands it ground and with the SEARCH LIGHT of the media, corruption will naturally reduce over time
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 08, 2012
Nashville:

PDP does not need to find anything against him. He presented himself three times to Nigerians but the truth is that Nigerians rejected him all the time. You can blame it on rigging or anything else to make yourself happy. This is democracy and the majority decide not you and Olumide. He is free to present himself again but I do not see anything different happening.

Some people define insanity as doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result each time. If Buhari wants to make a change, he is in a position as an ex-president to make significant change especially in the north rather than wasting his money on elections. By the way where did he get all this money from? Donations from who? You?
hey dundee,go ask obama how he got money for elections! Your problem is you have lived in a corrupt environment for so long that you don't even know what's right or good anymore.in a real democracy you don't need to have money before you can contest for a lofty position.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 08, 2012
Accusing Buhari of religious fanatism n ethnicity is lyk pointing in a market place; u ar pointing at evry1 & no 1.
If GEJ is nt a tribalist y is he sorrounded by Ijaws only?
My problem wt Gen Buhari is also wat i have agains GEJ; they are both conservatives & believe in doin things in d old order( we cnt change lyk dat)
It is time we inject fresh persons n ideas in2 d polity cos our politicians are all d same.
Buhari's party d CPC has a state,senators,reps ,assembly men & local govt chairmen; hw hav they fared in propagatin d Buhari philosophy?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:23am On Dec 08, 2012
lanre_front:

Don't worry. Don't vote Buahri. Continue to vote for clueless and mind-boggling corrupt Jonathan and PDP and continue to suffer. What I don't understand however is why you complain when you suffer?

If you run a poll in Nigeria, you will find out that a lot of people are not satisfied with GEJ'S administration. So don't make this a vote Buhari or GEJ. For instance, I will support Ribadu because he is the one person I have seen try to fight corruption in this country. From the investigation of Abacha's stolen funds till his attack on corrupt Governors.

What some of us are saying is electing a past leader might not be the best option. We should be looking into other people. Not that we must vote GEJ.

Some listed Pat Utomi, Fashola (whom you didn't provide any fact of being corrupt. Bola Tinubu isn't convicted of corruption), Adams Oshiomhole has been exceptional since taken power, Rochas Okorocha, etc.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by lanrefront1(m): 11:27am On Dec 08, 2012
gratiaeo: Some people here are stupid and ignorance so you are expecting Buhari to win erection in southeast/south south where he did not even have one campaign office... Sorry we ll disappoint yuo
He thank that winning an erection is all about having Alimagili followers from one section of the country... next time let him come down to the east and tell what he ll build for us
Gej may have disappointed us but its still better to have him there than all this Abokis who think Nigeria is their birth right to rule

This shows your level of intelligence. I have said it before: Nigerians are so daft they will rather suffer untold miseries and hardships like slaves under their kinsmen than prosper and live life of dignity like princes & princesses under a man of another tribe or religion.

What a nation! What a people!!! Yet they will be crying to God everyday to save Nigeria. Maybe, just maybe God has already done his part by creating men like Buhari and making them prominent enough to be able to stand for elections.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 08, 2012
foxxynik: I TOTALLY HATE THE WAY NIGERIANS THINK.....WAT HAS BUHARI GOT TO OFFER? LEME TELL...IF HE´S GOT ANY CHANGE TO MEK...IT WAS THEN WHEN HE HAD HIS CHANCES AND SEVERAL OPPORTUNITIES TO......GOODLUCK HAS DONE HIS BEST AND BEING A CHRISTIAN AND A SOUTHERNER MANY THINGS WUNT LET HIM RULE THE WAY HE OUGTS TO E.G MILITANCY AND BOKOHARAM ISSUES.....AND EVEN D SO CALLED POLITICAL GODFATHERS USES THIS OPPORTUNTY TO EMBESSLE MONEY.......BUHARI ABI NA BUGHATTI SHULD GO AND BURI HIMSELF AND LET OTHER NEW YOUNG POLITICIANS WITH MODERN CONCEPTIONS TO RULE.....HABA.....HIM DON OLD NA....MEK HIM GO DIE......HIM MATES DEM DON DIE FINISH.....GOWON DEM
my friend sharrap! So Obj was not a xtian bah?
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by talktimi(m): 11:29am On Dec 08, 2012
OracleHex: Hello NL, this is my first tread on this forum and I'd like to know what is wrong with having Buhari as the president of
this nation?
OR
Do we prefer to wallow in this clueless administration
for a life time??

I am a Nigerian and igbo, if the Moses of this country would come from the North what is wrong with that?
All we hear is GEJ spending Billions of naira on foreign
trips or his Wife blocking the roads and airport as id she
is the country’s constitutional CO-PRESIDENT.
Please keep your racism to yourself and think wisely.
If Buhari is the problem of the nation,why hasn’t GEJ acted as the commander of chief?? angryHello NL, this is my first tread on this forum and I'd like to know what is wrong with having Buhari as the president of
this nation?
OR
Do we prefer to wallow in this clueless administration
for a life time??

I am a Nigerian and igbo, if the Moses of this country would come from the North what is wrong with that?
All we hear is GEJ spending Billions of naira on foreign
trips or his Wife blocking the roads and airport as id she
is the country’s constitutional CO-PRESIDENT.
Please keep your racism to yourself and think wisely.
If Buhari is the problem of the nation,why hasn’t GEJ acted as the commander of chief??
mr man, you're not an igbo man in the first place if not u won't be emphasizing your tribe (any tribe) that is. Numba 2 buhari's time is past, he served over 30 yrs ago and even then he was a weak leader while gen idiagbon had balls 3 why do you emphasize that we elect a leader who will be almost senile with age by 2015 as he is already a very old man now. I know you're a northern apologist but there are equally more vibrant young and intelligent northerners who you could have rooted for than murderous buhari who promised bloodshed in this country if he didn't become president after last years election. Take your time you silly rabbit
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by honeric01(m): 11:44am On Dec 08, 2012
sarutobie:
"Politicians think of the next election,leaders think of the next generation"..priceless..why it has to be a 70year old or a former president that nigerians have to vote for beats me..I mean..is there no one else? From the north,south,west and eastern parts of the niger..is there no one else??

Because most of the youth we have right now have a terrible mindset and can't do nada, we need someone to first purge the set of bad elders we have around so as to set a new mindset in the youths who are likely to take over after the foundation has been re-layed in a proper way.
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by honeric01(m): 11:50am On Dec 08, 2012
doche1: Evrytin z completly wrong, i'm nt sure if really u r an igbo guy. Sinc buhari campeign frm 1999, hv u evr notic buhari assosiations wit igbo? Instead he rather go 4 yoruba, dz is all bcz he has negativ intention 2wrd igbo. N bside dat guy buhari z an old sku, we nid a revolutionalist sm1 ho cn b able 2 combate crime n corruption, i wil advc u 2 go bck 2 d last election n c d plans buhari has put in plc if elected.he has plan only 4 d north n he dnt gv a Bleep wr u cum frm or weda u vote him. So pls b wise,buhari z a poisenous green snake

LOL, you know nada about Buhari, who was his vice presidential candidate for 2003 and 2007? Taiye Taiwo and Rashidi Yekini (RIP)?
Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by lanrefront1(m): 11:59am On Dec 08, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

If you run a poll in Nigeria, you will find out that a lot of people are not satisfied with GEJ'S administration. So don't make this a vote Buhari or GEJ. For instance, I will support Ribadu because he is the one person I have seen try to fight corruption in this country. From the investigation of Abacha's stolen funds till his attack on corrupt Governors.

What some of us are saying is electing a past leader might not be the best option. We should be looking into other people. Not that we must vote GEJ.

Some listed Pat Utomi, Fashola (whom you didn't provide any fact of being corrupt. Bola Tinubu isn't convicted of corruption), Adams Oshiomhole has been exceptional since taken power, Rochas Okorocha, etc.

No one is making a vote between GEJ and Buahri. What people are saying is: out of the poeple with enough clout to become President, Buhari is the best guarantee of turning Nigeria around this nation for good and betterment of the citizens.

And I beg jare, forget evidence, Fashola and Tinubu are corrupt and thieving politicians. Are they both not major owners of the Lekki Concession Company. If u want to pretend they are not, that's up to you. GEJ to is also fuc.king corrupt. Pat Utomi, Oshiomole, Okorochas and their likes do not have enough clout to become Presodent at the moment.

Also Buari has the clout, status, respect and image, garnered over years and decades to stand up to any power-brokers of group of pwoer-brokers in the fight for corruption.

The fight against corruption in Nigeria (the genuine fight, not the fake one like GEJ is fighting) is like going to war against a MAFIA of political and business elites. It's not child's play and something for the faint hearted. Is it Fashola that cannot hold Lagos down or do anyhting without the blessing of Tinubu that will shake the whole Nigeria upside down. Or is it Pat Utomi the economist? Ribadu I agree is good candidate for the job but he has not enough clout to gather voted from even the North talkless of the West.

Buhari is the only person that I know, that if he becomes elected President, even before he is sworn in, you will see many corrupt political and business elites that have been disturbing the destiny of the nation for ages begin to relocate out of the country. Oh yes, Buhari is such a man! Corrupt elements will flee the country even before he ascends the throne of Presidency. Pls tell me that Presidential hopeful that can stand up to men like Obasanjo, IBB, Atiku, Anenih and their likes. Is it Fashola of the Economist Pat Utomi?

People, right now, at this point in Nigerian history, Buahri is the best man for the job.

Please open your eyes and mind and let go of tribal, ethnic and religious sentiments. Your real brother or kinsman is the one who takes care of you.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Having Buhari As The President Of This Nation? by nnekaregy(f): 12:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
Y are we talkinng of an old cargo like BUHARI. Ever since i was younger Nigerian youths have been regarded as leaders of tomorow , when is that tomorow? In 2015 am voting a fresher and not a recycled leader.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

US 'begins Process' To Lift Arms Embargo On Nigeria / Buhari Pictured With David Cameron In New York / Presidency In Grand Plan To Abort New Order Of Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.