Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,340 members, 7,850,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:45 PM

Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (29782 Views)

Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi / N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard / How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by ANYPEN(m): 7:26pm On Dec 10, 2012
truth4meal: how i wish these kidnappers can demand for good governance and not corrupt currencies.

were you sleeping when boys were demanding for good governance abi you no dey this country ni? this is time to demand for bigger things and i think $1b is a good start!
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by OsunOriginal: 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
Jakumo: Anyone who feels inclined to celebrate the abduction of a prominent citizen should bear in mind that Nigerian kidnapping gangs now target university lecturers, doctors, nurses and other hard-working professionals whose services are vital to civilized society, yet whose families stand to be completely impoverished by the extracted ransoms.

Kidnapping cartels demand absurdly huge sums of money from the families of people who are often in no position to raise such large amounts, and increasingly now, hostages are killed by abduction gangs even after ransoms have been paid. The kidnapping epidemic currently sweeping Nigeria could lead to massive capital flight, with investors fleeing to safer West African nations like Ghana.

Will you shut up your mouth if you can't think? What do you mean by prominent citizen? How is the kidnapping of the minister's mother different from other kidnapping cases? Is it not good for the people in government to know what ordinary Nigerians are facing when they have refused to discharge their duties as enstrined in the constitution of the country? "The primary responsibility of government shall be the security of life and properties of Nigerians". Do we have this today in Nigeria? She should go and negotiate with the kidnappers for the release of her mother - afterall bad and irresponsible governance caused all these. The next place of call should be president's family house in Bayelsa.

4 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by solomonkane(m): 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
floriana: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is the 'prime minister' of Nigeria government and a PhD holder. She was a world bank vice president. She ran for the presidency of the world bank but obama denied her. Both her parents are professors and royal. Ngozi prefers the African fabrics to western attires. She's a trend-setter in a unique head tie made with ankara.

Thank you Captain Obvious, now scoot while adults discuss.

@OP: Those boys are confirmed 'weyrey" people, na 1 billion dollars them call like that? Just hope poor Kaneme is alive wherever she is.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by azzima(m): 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
Jakumo: Anyone who feels inclined to celebrate the abduction of a prominent citizen should bear in mind that Nigerian kidnapping gangs now target university lecturers, doctors, nurses and other hard-working professionals whose services are vital to civilized society, yet whose families stand to be completely impoverished by the extracted ransoms.

Kidnapping cartels demand absurdly huge sums of money from the families of people who are often in no position to raise such large amounts, and increasingly now, hostages are killed by abduction gangs even after ransoms have been paid. The kidnapping epidemic currently sweeping Nigeria could lead to massive capital flight, with investors fleeing to safer West African nations like Ghana.
abi o. Nairalanders and their poorman's mentality. Rejoicing because someone who is associated with power dies or is kidnapped. Some idiots were even rejoicing because Sambo's brother died in a motor accident.Now what if their brother becomes a governor one day , should someone rejoice over their death ?
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by starpon1: 7:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
undecided
floriana: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is the 'prime minister' of Nigeria government and a PhD holder. She was a world bank vice president. She ran for the presidency of the world bank but obama denied her. Both her parents are professors and royal. Ngozi prefers the African fabrics to western attires. She's a trend-setter in a unique head tie made with ankara.
na who ask u all dis tin wey u dey yan?
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by solomonkane(m): 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
feminine A: Actually thought it was 1b Naira just realised its in Dollars. Not sure Nigeria has a nation has 1b dollars in her foreign reserve. Abeg release the poor woman. Nonsense

Did you just wake from a millennia-long coma? How can Nigeria not have 1 billion dollars in its foreign reserves? Bia, take your time o.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by rampantlover: 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
Hell hole of a country........
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
Ok on a very serious note, this write up is one big fat lie. I just got off the phone with someone close to the family. The kidnappers have not even made contact. Fuccking nairaland. And I was busy arguing with people. Stupid mods
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by solomonkane(m): 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
drnoel: Shows they don't want the money. This looks like a case of vandata. Who are Ngozi's enemy? Who hates her so much as to kidnap her mother? Am sorry to say this but she may not come out this unscathed.

Ifeanyi Ubah and others too numerous to mention.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Ericsdm55(m): 7:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
Wetin com concern d thread wit dis ur story?
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 10, 2012
Policewoman: That is a big lie. They have not contacted the family yet. One Billion Ko, One Trillion ni. cool
God bless u, I just got off the phone with the fam, and they just confirmed what u said
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by ujchief(m): 7:37pm On Dec 10, 2012
Height of idiocy! How much do they think she earns annually? They actually think the Nigerian govt is going to take charge here? Bloody e-diots! Now they're gona scare peeps from celebrating the xmas
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by sunny4life(m): 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
$1billion!......#quoting one of the lines in the movie-fast five#......."sounds like a whole lot of v:a.gin.al activity 2 me"..........lol
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by solomonkane(m): 7:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
oduneja: Karma is a bitch. For those of you who have been rejoicing over the kidnapping of this aged woman. May such evil befall you and your household in Jesus name. And so shall it be!

Amen. And may it start from your household, Amen.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by otokx(m): 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
The delta state government should wake up fast.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
I was half way through the first page when I discovered it was dollars not naira. These people have surpassed my expectation, now let's see how it plays out.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by rampantlover: 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2012
It's a CURSE to be a nigerian
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by onatisi(m): 7:41pm On Dec 10, 2012
ARES: Ok on a very serious note, this write up is one big fat lie. I just got off the phone with someone close to the family. The kidnappers have not even made contact. Fuccking nairaland. And I was busy arguing with people. Stupid mods
and what were you expecting them to tell you ?that it is true so that you will come online and confirm abi ?

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by rampantlover: 7:41pm On Dec 10, 2012
A gud nigerian is a DEAD ONE
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by onatisi(m): 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
rampant lover: It's a CURSE to be a nigerian
for you maybe , not for me

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by freecocoa(f): 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
Oboy eee shocked.

These ones dey madt ni o.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by hallyawwal: 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
Lol! Gud job guys
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2012
souldust: @garri activist. How the woman take spoil naija? How she take reap you? Person leave a lucrative job for america come back house to com fix you yeye country na crime she comit? Which crime she commit by telling them to remove subsidy? No be say the subsidy regime dey sustainable. Becos she say make your govt stop to dey pay oil marketers subsidy money for oil wey no go dey sold in naija, na that one come make am be bad person?
@Souldust no dey yarn-dust na! Abeg forget that tin. She left her lucrative job to fix wetin? How many peoples' life she/dem don change? Ehn? Do you know how many lose their life everyday just cos they can't afford to pay those overrated-thief doctors?

Abeg make dem even rape her join sef? sad
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by doppler777(m): 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
truth4meal: how i wish these kidnappers can demand for good governance and not corrupt currencies.
That "ANKARA & HEAD TIE" wont work @ all,
May I call it "REVOLUTION" the 9JA style
Leaders must get things right,now!
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by hallyawwal: 7:45pm On Dec 10, 2012
Lol
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2012
Kidnap deserves death by firing squad. That being said, the family should agree to pay the $1B and let them provide an account for amount. The InterPol should follow the money. There is no escape for them. Silly people, I wonder if they know that the only way they can be untraceable is to receive cash and $1B in cash is not a possibility. By the way, did they contact the family by phone ? Do they have idea that every call can be triangulated to at least 5 meters radius ?
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Afam4eva(m): 7:49pm On Dec 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Kidnap deserves death by firing squad. That being said, the family should agree to pay the $1B and let them provide an account for amount. The InterPol should follow the money. There is no escape for them. Silly people, I wonder if they know that the only way they can be untraceable is to receive cash and $1B in cash is not a possibility.

They're requesting for one billyon and you're saying they should pay it. I guess they want to become byllonares. Btw, i've sent this link to the SSS.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by EVERWIN(m): 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
$1BILLION$ or $1TRILLIONTRILLION$

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Mekanze: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
NEROSKY: it should be 10 or 5billion.. Na jonathan turn now, thieves....

Kidnappers,well done.. The woman that forced me 2buy fuel 4 120per litre must pay indirect or directly..
Your are stupid for encouraging evil.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Pataki: 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
My my! One billion dollars?! shocked shocked

We Nigerians sure know how to set unprecedented records! cheesy

As much as I despise the corrupt government we have in place, one billion dollars is beyond ridiculous!
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by onnari(f): 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
@boron 10. A billion likes for ur comment! @ 'r dey goin to count d money to ensure ts complete?' Lol!
www.thatssewnaija..com
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
Why una dey panic like dis nah,kidnappers do negotiate as well.U dnt just expect them to pay d kidnappers dat kind of money,it doesnt work like dat,we are talking about 150billion naira here so d money no be beans.Meanwhile i dnt see those guys accepting any money 4 dis,Dey wil allow d woman to go wen is d rite time 4 them to do so....*Oilsubsidy*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Defection: Tambuwal Lobbies Reps Against Impeachment / I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye / 90-Year-Old Woman Risks Her Life To Save N300 Potatoes In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.