Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,444 members, 7,850,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (29783 Views)

Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi / N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard / How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
afam4eva:

They're requesting for one billyon and you're saying they should pay it. I guess they want to become byllonares. Btw, i've sent this link to the SSS.
You can send the link to the interpol cos am sure SSS is limited to our clime. Those kidnappers will not escape without getting caught, may be they expect negotiation. Put them on call for 15 minutes and put a jet on air while the call is triangulated. You will locate them before those little audi cars drive 1 kilometer radius. I hate these kidnappers.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
ARES: Ok on a very serious note, this write up is one big fat lie.
My thoughts as well. Nigerian journalists would do anything to sell their papers or drive traffic to their sites.
The kidnappers are not gonna be that stup!d to ask for $1B.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by salolo(m): 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin na waoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by ignis: 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2012
afam4eva: Isn't that the budget of some countries? The kidnappers are very stup1d. How do they intend to manage that amount without being caught. Where will they put it?
You just wrote my exact thought.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by AdeniyiA(m): 8:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
cud u bliv that d amt is equivalent to d subsidy money that cud av bn siphond/embezzled but was denied them by ngozi,
na payback o,-a derailed demonic one
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2012
Even if it was Bill Gates, Dangote, Queen Betty, Michelle Obama, Lionel Messi, Beyonce that was kidnapped, the kidnappers won't demand 1billion dollars.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
I believe that kidnappers are on NL cause someone earlier said that the kidnappers should demand 1 billion naira and now they are demanding 1 billion dollars. Hmmmm
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Vincent41(m): 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
truth4meal: The Kidnappers that Abducted 82 Years Old Mother Of Finance Minister Prof. Kanene Okonjo at their family home in Ogwashi uku, Delta state, are demanding for a whopping $1 billion ransom.
Majesty, Professor Chukwuka Aninshi Okonjo Agbogidi, the reigning Obi of Ogwashi-Uku kingdom was kidnapped Sunday at about 1:30 pm from the husband’s palace at Ogbe-Ofu quarters in Ogwahi-Uku by eight gunmen who stormed the palace in two Audi cars.

The demand for a $1billion ransom according to source was relayed to the family of the woman this morning.

Its yet to be seen how the family will react to this development, but in a statement made available to elombah.com yesterday, the minister's spokesman Paul Nwabuikwu said; "at this point, it is difficult to say whether those behind this action are the same people who have made threats against the Coordinating Minister in the recent past or other elements with hostile motives. No possibility can be ruled out at this point."

Meanwhile Umu Anioma Foundation Worldwide has demanded the immediate release Of Dr. Okonjo Iweala's Mother. In a statement made available to elombah.com and signed by Prince Charles Anyasi, the National Coordinator / Spokesman, the group said:

"Once again, the image smear on Delta State has been brought to the fore with the unfortunate kidnapping of the aged mother of Nigeria's energetic Finance Minister, Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo Iweala from her home in Ogwashi-Uku a few hours ago. A few months ago, it was the turn of another prominent Anioma family to sweat in search of their mother who was abducted in her farm.

"Nothing can be hurting as the current worldview of Delta State encapsulated in BBC's report of the unwholesome development, stating inter alia: Nigeria is one of the worst countries in the world for kidnapping, where it is a lucrative criminal enterprise worth millions of dollars a year.

"The crime is particularly prevalent in the oil-rich Delta State, although high-profile victims are uncommon.

"The question is; how did we get here? Whether this latest heinous act was orchestrated as a payback for the Finance Minister's principled stand on the current Oil Subsidy imbroglio or as a message to scare innocent indigenes making preparations to be with their kit and kin in this festive season, the perpetrators had better get it clear that, as Daniel Defoe would say, Justice is always violent to the party offending. Yes, the offenders may not feel the violence now, but, before long, they certainly will.

"Umu Anioma Foundation Worldwide wishes to state categorically that a situation where citizens toiling diligently for the society's positive turnaround are being punished by satanic elements can no longer be condoned. We demand the immediate and unconditional release of this old woman.

"As thousands of people get into celebration mood, many travelling to their respective home lands, we call on the security agents to beef up action and assure the public of safety.

"The time to act is now!"

More soon

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/write-for-us/13674-breaking-news-kidnappers-of-okonjo-iweala-s-mother-demand-1-billion-ransom

Those kidnappers Foolish....dem For demand 10000 Million
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 10, 2012
ARES: Ok on a very serious note, this write up is one big fat lie. I just got off the phone with someone close to the family. The kidnappers have not even made contact. Fuccking nairaland. And I was busy arguing with people. Stupid mods
it is true.i just heard it on AIT news
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 10, 2012
These guys don break record o. 1 billions dollars ransom demandshocked!

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by brown3: 8:14pm On Dec 10, 2012
shymexx:

Do you understand what human survival instinct is? Everything is fair play in war of attrition, however, this a war between the thieving elites and the thieves monsters they created... I bet the woman wasn't cowardly when she was looting with the other thieves, no?? She didn't care about other old men and women who died and have been dying because of poverty and some of the policies she championed in this government - so, why should the other thieves care about their victim's age??

It's a battle between greedy thieves - don't take sides! undecided
do u hav evidence that she hav stolen from Nigeria b4? She is been victimize due to she want due proces for any pament. U guyz just hate this woman for her succes, or is she her fort that anything she touch turn to gold. dont be a hater work harder so that u could be succeful too.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2012
lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by DCONE1(m): 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2012
Boys get mind ooooh a whole "fine.A.R.S.E minister" (finance minister) mother....wink
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by 9jacelebrity: 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2012
dammytosh: cool cool cool cool coolLet the negotiations begin........ coolLet the negotiations begin........
Speaking in this womans voice "make dem come kidnap me make I burst dia head"

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2012
Vincent 4:

Those kidnappers Foolish....dem For demand 10000 Million
U are even wicked dan d kidnappers ooo,how can u expect them to demand 10,000 million.U go get mind ooo...Lol
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by dayokanu(m): 8:23pm On Dec 10, 2012
If dem give them $1bn, How dem wan take count am finish?
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by truth4meal(m): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2012
ANY-PEN :

were you sleeping when boys were demanding for good governance abi you no dey this country ni? this is time to demand for bigger things and i think $1b is a good start!
you can post that again grin
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2012
Although, the ransom demands are outrageously funny(even Ngozi will laugh at them), I see no reason for the unalloyed hatred being shown towards Okonjo and her family. This modest woman has worked hard all her life to attain her current social, political and academic status.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by redsun(m): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2012
I thought a kidnapping that is already known to the police and in this case,the whole world is a foiled one? How come they are still demanding for ransom when the police should be at their back with all they have by now? How is the money going to be delivered in what is suppose to be the the full veiw of the world?
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
Money wey no be dem own dem put am for backyard o. And dem go say make we no kidnap dem bush

Dem FADAZ, dem neva c NADA!

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by BANGASOUP1: 8:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
dayokajamesphilip203@yahoo.comnu:
If dem give them $1bn, How dem wan take count am finish?
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by onyxo76(m): 8:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
Ok let's assume 1 GMG will contain 1 million dollars , to carry 1 billion you will need 1000 GMG bags. Now a man carries 2 GMG bags, you will need 500 men to move the whole one billion dollars. My verdict- these guys are bloddy mofos to have demanded such an amount.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
dayokanu: If dem give them $1bn, How dem wan take count am finish?
sad

Na DAT be ya PROBLEM?

Well for ya info, WE no need to count am, just bring the barssssss.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Jerros213(m): 8:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
IF THE DEMAND IS NOT MET SHE SHOULD BE DECAPITATED!!!
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
$1 Billion? They're taking the whole thing to a different level.

The world will be watching how this unfolds.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2012

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by bakila: 8:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
J12: Although, the ransom demands are outrageously funny(even Ngozi will laugh at them), I see no reason for the unalloyed hatred being shown towards Okonjo and her family. This modest woman has worked hard all her life to attain her current social, political and academic status.
Leave Alloy for this matter, when dem kidnap Pate Edoche and Nkem Owoh where you dey. That is another big statement from some angry guys. They are a class of professionals, that we have being leaving with in this Country, their audacity like that of the Bomber should help reminds us that wahala dey.
One Billion, big words not easy to demand even in a legitimate transaction.
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Omen100(m): 8:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
this is what i am thinking, lets assume kidnapping as business has taken a new dimension, whereby they are now linking to a foreign terrorist organization, whereby they don't deal with physical cash but wired transfer, those types of transfer that can never be trace once the transactions in completed. Who among us here still remember Swordfish? which feature John Travogter & Hallen Berry?
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by baby124: 8:35pm On Dec 10, 2012
onyxo76: Ok let's assume 1 GMG will contain 1 million dollars , to carry 1 billion you will need 1000 GMG bags. Now a man carries 2 GMG bags, you will need 500 men to move the whole one billion dollars. My verdict- these guys are bloddy mofos to have demanded such an amount.

Na wa o. You know how much can contain one bag. It is like you are in active service of looting. hmmm cool

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by Jeffy1206(m): 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2012
;DNonsense 1b for 82 year mama u got be kiddin me dnt u think she's passed it?useless mamanappers lol undecidedNonsense 1b for 82 year mama u got be kiddin me dnt u think she's passed it?useless mamanappers lol
Re: Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom by baby124: 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2012
Omen100: this is what i am thinking, lets assume kidnapping as business has taken a new dimension, whereby they are now linking to a foreign terrorist organization, whereby they don't deal with physical cash but wired transfer, those types of transfer that can never be trace once the transactions in completed. Who among us here still remember Swordfish? which feature John Travogter & Hallen Berry?

Stick to nollywood abeg. All these foreign names dey bamboozle you. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

90-Year-Old Woman Risks Her Life To Save N300 Potatoes In Maiduguri / I Am Innocent Of All Charges Take Me To Court, Fayose Tells efcc / Tinubu Appoints Ali Nuhu, Obi Asika, Others To Head Creative Economy MDAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.