Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council (23389 Views)

7 Types Of Corper Teachers You'll Meet In A School / NYSC Members Cause Of Mass Examination Failure In Nigeria - Teachers Council / Is NYSC Batch B List Out In Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Ayorh4you(m): 3:56am On Dec 12, 2012
Holy sh!t! So dis ungrateful teachers D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ beef corp members? Go to Osun state where I served and U̶̲̥̅̊ wl see how corp members make 90% teaching staff of every government schools. If nt for corp members, many schools for don close down due to lack of teachers.
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Greatken007(m): 4:21am On Dec 12, 2012
To some large extent True bt my question is this,has corpers nt been teaching for long when d education system was fair?Pls let us look at d root cause and move ahead.Computer is offered by all in higher institution,i also sugest that education should also be made compulsory in our system,pple are posted to schools because that is one of our biggest industry for employment of labour.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by plendil: 4:25am On Dec 12, 2012
What exactly is the big deal about teaching?

Those corp members were taught by teachers, no?

Why then should it be such a big deal repeating the process? i.e passing on that same knowledge onto others?

This is one of the pathetic cases of buck passing I've heard in while.
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by blaqoracle: 4:33am On Dec 12, 2012
berem: very true. how can someone who studied Electrical Electronics be told to teach Further Mathematics ? wetin im sabi? some corpers are not trained teachers too. I do support the teachers council.
mind you, further maths is a fundamental part of engineering.
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Nobody: 4:46am On Dec 12, 2012
If a Youth Corp member that professes that he read engineering courses in Uni but can not teach elementary maths or even integrated Science, then he is a very big fool. Corpers MUST teach, I taught. That selfish fellow is just making noise cos posting corpers to teach deprives the education graduants of opportunities of quick employments

3 Likes

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by naijanaweown: 5:03am On Dec 12, 2012
The teacher's council shld keep quiet, most of the so called trained teachers are not serious.They just want to collect their salaries.Afterall, i have so called trained teachers as friends who cannot teach jack.They are just trying to shift d blame,yawa people.abeg make i hear word jare.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by pareto(m): 5:14am On Dec 12, 2012
An average graduate should fit in any work place but for teaching.they dont take into consideration what the person. Graduate with. 1st class or pass. Corpers are just sent to schools.
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 12, 2012
must be those aboki corpers from northern nigerias
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Humblesam(m): 5:23am On Dec 12, 2012
ujchief:
Now i understand what the teachers council is complaining about.

Bro, see me de roll for ground with laugh...you killed it! If na wetin i go learn for school be dat,make i dey de manage my pigin de go,lol.
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by ektbear: 5:39am On Dec 12, 2012
berem: very true. how can someone who studied Electrical Electronics be told to teach Further Mathematics ? wetin im sabi? some corpers are not trained teachers too. I do support the teachers council.

Further mathematics is a prerequisite for most of the coursework in university engineering courses, is it not?

A college graduate in engineering will know calculus, multivariable, and likely differential equations too (I'm assuming that Further Mathematics covers a subset of these three topics).

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by ektbear: 5:39am On Dec 12, 2012
solomon111: Any graduate Engineer that can't teach further-mathematics is a fraud.

Heh. You beat me to it cheesy
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Quads: 5:52am On Dec 12, 2012
jamesbridget13: thats very correct, am a serving corp member now,studied mass communication n been asked 2 teach english, told d sch authority i cant take d oral aspect but they insisted i still handle d subject, i prefered social studies, crk or govt but i wasn't given. I ll like 2 point that most permanent staffs re not serious in d public schools.

What the heck shocked you did mass communication and you cant teach oral English shocked This is very sad. It is because of people like you that the teachers council made that call. And you have the effrontery to say you would have preferred CRK smh
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by ChrisGnarly: 6:01am On Dec 12, 2012
is lie to an extent, some copers ar beta than some teachers (dont generalize). am also a corp member i know what am saying. by d way all d lecturers in our high institution did they do education?? some corp members ar good nt all ar bad
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Nobody: 6:02am On Dec 12, 2012
Why were corp members posted to schools in the first place because there were no teachers so now tell me how the dearth of teachers is better than the use of corp members. Withdraw corp members from school and you kill secondary school education in the rural area of Nigeria completely, I mean completely.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by ChrisGnarly: 6:02am On Dec 12, 2012
is lie to an extent, some copers ar beta than some teachers (dont generalize). am also a corp member i know what am saying. by d way all d lecturers in our high institution did they do education?? some corp members ar good nt all ar bad. if u stop posting them to skul students will go back home cos so called teachers ar not there, few that ar there ar nt willing to even teach
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by golden56(f): 6:08am On Dec 12, 2012

Foooooool mtchewwwwww
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by galaxi(m): 6:18am On Dec 12, 2012
Honestly,corpers are not to be blamed because am serving in benue state &most senior secondry students cn't even write their names correctly,initialy i went extra mile to source for materials to teach them but they nick named me lecturer because the preferred their lazy teachers that just photocopy textbooks on the chalkboard 4them.My opinion is that the permanent teachers do not teach the students the basics and is not easy to get them ready for ssce within ten months.Although,most corpers are disgrace to the Nigerian education system.
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by lekkie073(m): 6:29am On Dec 12, 2012
in idemili south where i served, i met the school in a very hopeless situation. no maths teacher, no English teacher, no inter science teacher, no accounting and commerce teacher. meanwhile, the school has four teachers taking them a subject called cultural studies, not even social studies. the ss3 students dat r supposed to take commercial subjects in the ssce told me they have never been taught accout before. the onus of the matter is dat most public schools r understaffed. how can a school have four teachers for an irrelevant subject while having none for relevant ones?

1 Like

Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by nke001: 6:35am On Dec 12, 2012
What Goes Around Comes Around.
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by nke001: 6:38am On Dec 12, 2012
golden56:

Foooooool mtchewwwwww

Don't make me laugh!
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by brightk(m): 6:45am On Dec 12, 2012
hmmm laughing in pidgin.....dem never si anything. this is just the beginning. this is what happens when you wake up one early morning and change policies you met simply for your own benefits without considering other angles. idiotic idiots. they tink those that read education are fools..
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Onyenna(m): 6:46am On Dec 12, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: Imagine a civil engineer teaching civic education. Is it design of indeterminate structures or retaining wall that i will teach them. Tomorow they will complain about quack engineers. Putting round peg in square hole. Mitchew. I laugh in agatu

U are serving in Agatu!!!! I heard the place is Fvcked!!!!! I'm currently serving in Ohimini LGA... Abaole?

@op... generalisation of the whole thing is rather fallacious! I was thought(maths) back in secondary school by a corper who read computer science...we gained so much from him! The guy was very good!...he was even better than some maths teachers back then..so dedicated! Most teachers now ain't dedicated @ all! I know this because I'm serving in a secondary school... Imaging students coming to the staff room to remind a teacher that she's supposed to be in their class and the teacher, instead of telling them that she's coming, she'll just shout @ them and walk them out....This is what some permanent teachers @ my PPA are fond of...
I read Mechanical engr. and I'm handling maths SS1,2&3(there was no maths teacher before I came)..... Anyone who studied engineering can handle maths and physics comfortably(I'm good in geography as well).... Most of these so called Teachers copy all the examples in their text book(s) and give to students..they can't even formulate one example with their head(s)!
And for the record, the permanent teachers in my school are not up to 7.....

I'm outta here folks..... Peace!
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by jamesbridget13(f): 6:48am On Dec 12, 2012
Pk001:

Mass Communication can't teach English? Hmmmmm
pls i said i cant handle d oral aspect of it, mind u i taught that subject though i skiped d oral aspect n my students like me so much n dont even want me 2 leave by febuaury cos their permanent staff for english dont handle them d way i do. I would like 2 ask wat u studied while in school.
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by mu2sa2: 6:55am On Dec 12, 2012
Because teachers especially those in govt schools have been neglect for a very long time, many people in nigeria dont even reckon teaching as a profession. As with any profession, to become a teacher properly so called u need to undergo long years of training. But today teaching has become a dumping ground and hiding place for lazy and brainless people. As for Corp members, some do put in their best but majority of them are no better them secondary school students in terms of knowledge, thanks to our failed tertiary education system. Worse still, most of them are not interested in teaching,so there is no commitment on their part to help the helpless students. However, mass failure in exams should not be blamed on corp members alone. The mass failures result mainly from the lackadaisical attitude of teachers to teaching and inadequate attention to education by govt.
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by jamesbridget13(f): 6:55am On Dec 12, 2012
Quads:

What the heck shocked you did mass communication and you cant teach oral English shocked This is very sad. It is because of people like you that the teachers council made that call. And you have the effrontery to say you would have preferred CRK smh
thank u very much..... Have u been to a mass communication lecture hall before? Go to media studious give them textbook n ask that prominent broadcasters to teach u oral d way it appears in d textbook. Mumu
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by ohemmanu: 7:03am On Dec 12, 2012
Guy you dey agatu in benue state?
Ogbonaikenna: Imagine a civil engineer teaching civic education. Is it design of indeterminate structures or retaining wall that i will teach them. Tomorow they will complain about quack engineers. Putting round peg in square hole. Mitchew. I laugh in agatu
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by rajiade: 7:07am On Dec 12, 2012
It has been the culture of Nigerians never to take blame on anything. They would always look for someone or something to transfer the blame to.

How on earth can corp members be the cause of students failure.
Corp members are meant to serve as assistants to regular teachers. Also students are exposed to the corp members for about 9months or less. If teachers have been doing their job well in the past years b4 the deployment of corp members, then there is no way their students would have failed.

We have corp members that are far more better than majority of the teachers in dat council.

I could remember that INEC also transferred the blame of the slow pace of voters registration early last year on corp members.
Was it the corp members that asked them to make use of china made laptops that hangs every minute as their DDC machine?
Was it the corp members that made their finger print scanner insensitive to scanners?
Was it the corp members that asked them to use outdated/poorly written biometric application as their voters registration application?

I just wish the present DG can stand up and speak for corp members.
Most institutions and organizations have turned corp members to their basket of blames and incapacity.

This must stop.
Teacher council or what are u called, u are all bunch of fools!
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by flagship(m): 7:08am On Dec 12, 2012
I serve in Kaiama, Kwara state. the schools there prefer Muslim education at the detriment of conventional style. I am still distraught over the state of my students.

SS2 students can't work out simple multiplication on the board. Some of the blame definitely goes to the corpers. some of us just travel out of our PPA and spend weeks at home only to return in time for clearance. its like we forget we will have children one day.

The students will go half a term without ever seeing some of their corper teachers. I feel terrible...but dat is the state of things in our naija.

my principal teaches SS3 biology...hut they see him about twice a term. when they complained about the difficult exam questions, they were insulted by a passing teacher :'''(

I dunno that to do.
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 12, 2012
ekt_bear:

Further mathematics is a prerequisite for most of the coursework in university engineering courses, is it not?

A college graduate in engineering will know calculus, multivariable, and likely differential equations too (I'm assuming that Further Mathematics covers a subset of these three topics).

You are right on point Sir!

Further-mathematics might not be a prerequisite for admission into Engineering courses but sound knowledge of Mathematics is required, because when you get in, all your Mathematics and Engineering courses will be by far more advanced than High School Further-Mathematics. An aspiring Engineering student should have sound knowledge of Mathematics.

So, yes, anyone who studied Engineering, especially Electrical/Electronics should be able to teach Further-Mathematics/Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in High School without any problem. Unless he/he did not learn anything in the first two years of university studies!
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by jamesbridget13(f): 7:13am On Dec 12, 2012
Cmanforall: [b]thats very correct, am a serving corp member now,studied mass communication n been asked 2 teach english, told d sch authority i cant take d oral aspect but they insisted i still handle d subject, i prefered social studies, crk or govt but i wasn't given. I ll like 2 point that most permanent staffs re not serious in d public schools.[/b]thats very correct, am a serving corp member now,studied mass communication n been asked 2 teach english, told d sch authority i cant take d oral aspect but they insisted i still handle d subject, i prefered social studies, crk or govt but i wasn't given. I ll like 2 point that most permanent staffs re not serious in d public schools.

Permanent staffs?

Honestly, U shdn't teach English at all... even for nursery sch.
I now agree wit d post.... Corpers are contributing to sec sch failures
u can say watever u like ok, no one is above mistake even uuuuuuuuu
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by olumaxi(m): 7:14am On Dec 12, 2012
solomon111: Any graduate Engineer that can't teach further-mathematics is a fraud.
stop dat joke,is only a graduate of further-engineerin dat can teach further-mathematics
Re: Corpers Cause Mass Failure In Schools - Teachers Council by flagship(m): 7:14am On Dec 12, 2012
in my opinion, any university graduate worth his salt shud be able to at least teach an SS class about seven subjects..even if it will require some brushing up. I studied computer science... but the only courses I won't bother teaching are Literature, chemistry and maybe accounts.

I hate it when corpers complain about the ordinary O level course they are being required to teach..'I didn't study government in universit o, I read Econs'

a lot of us are dumb people sha. we nigerian graduates don't impress at all. at camp, I was appalled by the efficiency of people who supposedly read Mass Comm. I was the editor at the OBS... and I read Computer Science. most nigerian graduates can't write three correct newspaper-worthy sentences :##(

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience As A Nasarawa/Lagos Ex-Corper. (19C) / Corper Esther Ezenwoye Nominated For Nigeria Entrepreneur Award / Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.