Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results (10222 Views)

Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building / Egyptian Protesters Push An Armoured Police Van Off A Bridge, / Protesters Plan To Bombard Thatcher’s Coffin With Eggs, Coal Or Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Abrantie: 2:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
Visit the Electoral Commission of Ghana's web site for all the statistics:
http://results.ec.gov.gh/

Read the press releases, especially the one entitled "The Transmission of Election Results".

There was no cheating just because a sore loser said so.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 2:08pm On Dec 12, 2012
Abrantie: @ rick.ross

1) Ivorians (including Nigerians) are now refugees in Ghana. Why?

2) Apart from the waterfront in Abidjan, the rest of Ivory coast are sh1tholes infested with AIDS.

3) Ivory Coast and CFA countries are pretty much France's colony. Most of their development wasn't all financed by cocoa but by France's treasury.

4) So what if Ghana imports some products from neighboring countries? Even the USA imports vegetable and fruits. The purpose of ECOWAS is to facilitate free trade, not for Nigerians to escape poverty and despair. Doesn't Nigeria import EVERYTHING from outside? This includes petrol!! Let me repeat, PETROL!! See the irony?
lol i thought stupidity and ugliness are ghanaian disease i dunno u people are delusional too.... u mean nigerians that are controlling ur economy are refugees? that means those chinese in ur country are refugees also... what a slowpoke

abijan is a shithole but peaceful prettier than 2nd dirtiest city in world called acra embarassed grin

who is financing ghana... Aids from usa grin grin grin

hahahahahaha so nigerians want to escape poverty and all they could think of is ghana.. our currency is more powerful than urs... our economy is bigger than urs... so those chinese in ur country are also trying to escape poverty? choiiiii how stupid can someone be grin grin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
Abrantie: Visit the Electoral Commission of Ghana's web site for all the statistics:
http://results.ec.gov.gh/

Read the press releases, especially the one entitled "The Transmission of Election Results".

There was no cheating just because a sore loser said so.
welcome to my world .... buhari was a sore looser too that his supporters went on rampage ... now shut the fhuck up forever grin grin grin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Abrantie: 2:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
Red-Light:
our currency is more powerful than urs... our economy is bigger than urs... so those chinese in ur country are also trying to escape poverty? choiiiii how stupid can someone be grin grin

Blah blah blah... "we are the Giant of Africa"... Blah blah blah... "we are the Giant of Africa"... Blah blah blah... "we are the Giant of Africa"... Blah blah blah... "we are the Giant of Africa"... Blah blah blah... "we are the Giant of Africa"...

Sounds like a broken record. Give it up. grin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
torgbe: because a person is stabbed in Ghana, it has become BIG news in nigeria, abi. that shows lawlessness is not condone in the country, whenever there is a little skirmish, u got to Know that is unGhanaian and it makes news all over and Nigerians start celebrating cuz they know they are not alone in this. we are composed and our leaders are on top of issues. i bet u not more than 3 lives will be lost in this. compare that to Nigeria
choiiiiii someone was stabbed in a protest and u are here saying rubbish... was it not last week soldiers disperse angry protesters with tear gas... tomorrow they will be armed with guns.... we dont celebrate it .. becos we dont give a hoot about ur shitty country that has nothing to offer humanity except exporting ugly side of africa to the world .... but its stupiid people like u that wont solve their own problem be poke-nosing into others problem that wont let us be
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by gudnex22(m): 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2012
If There is protest in Nigeria or Ghana is not a big deal becuase they was also a protest in the U S A.

No matter what u cant compare Nigerian achievement with that of ghana becuase ghana is still a baby country and is in it learning process.
(ADVICE)
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 2:19pm On Dec 12, 2012
Abrantie:

Blah blah blah... "we are the Giant of Africa"... Blah blah blah... "we are the Giant of Africa"... Blah blah blah... "we are the Giant of Africa"... Blah blah blah... "we are the Giant of Africa"... Blah blah blah... "we are the Giant of Africa"...

hahahahahaha truth hurt ... we are giant of africa. sleeping, dead or alive.... now hug nearest transformer or go and cool of ur head at pacific ocean .... i will come to ur funeral grin grin only if its not going to happen in ghana sha... cos i dont want angry protesters to stab me with knife grin grin grin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 2:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
gudnex22: If There is protest in Nigeria or Ghana is not a big deal becuase they was also a protest in the U S A.

No matter what u cant compare Nigerian achievement with that of ghana becuase ghana is still a baby country and is in it learning process.
(ADVICE)
tell them my brother ... if only they will learn sha
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by eldoradoxx: 2:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
Am happy the way citizens of other African countries that are worse off than us now have impetus to insult Nigeria(ns). Why wouldn't they when all we do from morning til night I internet is to run down our country as a failed state where absolutely nothing works, earning our president the award of the most insulted president in the world . Zimbabwians, Malawians, Mozambiquians, Somalians, Chadians, etc now have temerity to spew rubbish about Nigeria. We are reaping the consequences of our actions gradually.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by rickross2: 2:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
Abrantie: @ rick.ross

1) Ivorians (including Nigerians) are now refugees in Ghana. Why?

2) Apart from the waterfront in Abidjan, the rest of Ivory coast are sh1tholes infested with AIDS.

3) Ivory Coast and CFA countries are pretty much France's colony. Most of their development wasn't all financed by cocoa but by France's treasury.

4) So what if Ghana imports some products from neighboring countries? Even the USA imports vegetable and fruits. The purpose of ECOWAS is to facilitate free trade, not for Nigerians to escape poverty and despair. Doesn't Nigeria import EVERYTHING from outside? This includes petrol!! Let me repeat, PETROL!! See the irony?

MUGU, I come in and out of Ghana at random. There is no single Ivorian refugee in Ghana today. The few Ivorian refugees were opponents of the president and they have gone home since things changed.

ALL Nigerians in Ghana are middle class. You hardly see any poor Nigerian in Ghana. Every Nigerian in Ghana owns a bushiness or has something doing, they have accommodation etc, while as most Ghanaians are homeless, poor and jobless. A great percentage of Nigerians in Ghana are Billionaires and Millionaires, there is no poor Nigerian in Ghana. Last time i checked, the poor Nigerians you are talking about are the ones who own all the big shops, hotels, restaurants, car shops, IT firms, electrical/electronic shops, banks, airlines and the owners of the only world class cinema in Ghana? The FACT is, Nigerians in Ghana are 10 times richer than Ghanaians in Ghana, this is a FACT and this is where the envy and jealousy comes from.

What about the Ghanaian refugees in Togo and other neighboring countries?

It doesn't matter whether Ivory Coast and CFA countries are pretty much France's colony or not. FACT is, Ivory Coast is at least 5 times more developed than Ghana and Ivory Coast does not have any gold or oil like Ghana.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by rickross2: 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
Red-Light:

lol i thought stupidity and ugliness are ghanaian disease i dunno u people are delusional too.... u mean nigerians that are controlling ur economy are refugees? that means those chinese in ur country are refugees also... what a slowpoke

abijan is a shithole but peaceful prettier than 2nd dirtiest city in world called acra embarassed grin

who is financing ghana... Aids from usa grin grin grin

hahahahahaha so nigerians want to escape poverty and all they could think of is ghana.. our currency is more powerful than urs... our economy is bigger than urs... so those chinese in ur country are also trying to escape poverty? choiiiii how stupid can someone be grin grin

Dont mind the tout, check his tone today, he is very calm today bc their yansh don dey open small small.
Read his posts the other day and see how happy and contented he was.
As it stands now, nobody knows what action the NPP will take and this is causing a lot of confusion in Ghana. They have been sending people to beg Nana Addo to calm things down and he will be a fool not to fight for his right.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Cusubaba(m): 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
[quote aauthor=Abrantie]NPP doesn't realize that politics is a chess game. The aim is to have your PARTY win, not the flag-bearer. This means parties should pick their flag-bearer based on pure strategy, not only based on tribe.

The NPP made a big mistake by picking Nana Addo again (he run four years ago and lost) although they had a much more popular and charismatic candidate called John Alan Kyeremanteng (sp?) who would have garnered support from most of the regions and across tribal lines. Most Ghanaians regard NPP to be a tribal party where only Ashantis are members. They'd have to change that perception (probably by picking flag-bearers and leaders from other tribes) for them to succeed in the future.

NDC's Mahama (the winner) is from the north so he cornered the whole north (which comprises of about 4 regions). His running mate is from the Central region, so he cornered the western coastal areas of Ghana. Greater Accra goes easily to NDC because of the huge Gas and Ewes population (which an NPP official said last year that they should kill). The Volta region (Rawlings' region) is NDC's stronghold so there lies their winning strategy.

The election 4 years ago was even closer and went into a re-vote. Also, biometric verification was introduced this time so you could say the numbers are actually more accurate than 4 years ago.[/quote]Ur a typical lair, North part of Ghana comprises 3 regions, they are Upper East Region, which capital city is in a typical villaga called Bolgatanga; Upper West, which capital is also in a typical village called Wa and Northern Region, which is in a village called Tamale. John Mahama comes from Bole, one of the typical village in Northern Region. Plz stop spreading lairs. I know in and out of Ghana.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Cusubaba(m): 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
[quote aauthor=Abrantie]NPP doesn't realize that politics is a chess game. The aim is to have your PARTY win, not the flag-bearer. This means parties should pick their flag-bearer based on pure strategy, not only based on tribe.

The NPP made a big mistake by picking Nana Addo again (he run four years ago and lost) although they had a much more popular and charismatic candidate called John Alan Kyeremanteng (sp?) who would have garnered support from most of the regions and across tribal lines. Most Ghanaians regard NPP to be a tribal party where only Ashantis are members. They'd have to change that perception (probably by picking flag-bearers and leaders from other tribes) for them to succeed in the future.

NDC's Mahama (the winner) is from the north so he cornered the whole north (which comprises of about 4 regions). His running mate is from the Central region, so he cornered the western coastal areas of Ghana. Greater Accra goes easily to NDC because of the huge Gas and Ewes population (which an NPP official said last year that they should kill). The Volta region (Rawlings' region) is NDC's stronghold so there lies their winning strategy.

The election 4 years ago was even closer and went into a re-vote. Also, biometric verification was introduced this time so you could say the numbers are actually more accurate than 4 years ago.[/quote] Ur a typical lair, Northern part of Ghana comprises 3 regions, they are Upper East Region, which capital city is in a typical villaga called Bolgatanga; Upper West, which capital is also in a typical village called Wa and Northern Region, which is in a village called Tamale. John Mahama comes from Bole, one of the typical village in Northern Region. Plz stop spreading lairs. I know in and out of Ghana.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by thirdeye(m): 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
Just wondering the genesis of d quarrel online between Naija n Ghana. I remember not long ago how Nigerian love to visit Ghana and vice versa , but it seems that is changing, can't 4get how Dele Momodu and others used to advertised and talk good of Ghana those days, why is everything changing so quick and degenerating to this level?
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by djfiifi(m): 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
The Sahara Garbage is lying,it was a NDC supporter who was rether stabbed by NPP supporters around Circle,Irani Clinic area.Not the other way round.
The election was free and fair,the rest of the candidates have conceded defeat except the NPP leader Akuffo Addo who wants to rule at all cost.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by ocelot2006(m): 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2012
And you Ghanaians just had to bring your complaints to Nairaland, a Nigerian forum smiley . Again. What happened to cediland or whatever you call it?

And who are those trying to compare the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Ghana. Dudes, you do know there's a difference between a Lion (Nigeria) and a local Ekuruke dog (Ghana), right?
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2012
thirdeye: Just wondering the genesis of d quarrel online between Naija n Ghana. I remember not long ago how Nigerian love to visit Ghana and vice versa , but it seems that is changing, can't 4get how Dele Momodu and others used to advertised and talk good of Ghana those days, why is everything changing so quick and degenerating to this level?

Nigerians doing great economically in Ghana and Ghanians believing that Nigerians are taking over their jobs and women lol
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by elbinmanny(m): 3:43pm On Dec 12, 2012
Choi !!!!!!!!!! These people poor pass church rats o!
How do these Ghanaians survive ?
Imagine more than 8 million of them earning less than 2 dollars a day! When a bricklayer in my site earns not less than 3k about 20 doallars a day??
Ghana is a prototype of hell on earth cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
www.ghanaweb.com > Home > News > 2012-09-30
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by ocelot2006(m): 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
torgbe: Ghana is far ahead of nigeria in all the areas u mentioned. i am a Ghanaian in Ghana and i can say the election is free and fair and the pictures u see are peaceful protest from some disgruntled NPP members who find it hard to accept the results. their leader is 69 years old and cant contest again thats why he wants to taste power before he retires. mahama is our president. ECOWAS, AU and the US and coalition of local election observers all described it as free and fair. The NPP has 21days to protest in the law court and I can bet you, they have no credible evidence that the election has been rigged

Sure.....keep telling yourself that..
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by ocelot2006(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
Abrantie:

Now your reply has got to be the LAMEST come-back I've read. Son, you can do better than that grin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 5:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
thirdeye: Just wondering the genesis of d quarrel online between Naija n Ghana. I remember not long ago how Nigerian love to visit Ghana and vice versa , but it seems that is changing, can't 4get how Dele Momodu and others used to advertised and talk good of Ghana those days, why is everything changing so quick and degenerating to this level?
the gaynian dogs changed it....they hate the fact that nigerians are now running their about to collapse economy .... now we are just trying to show them that they are too small to us....and they Will always be... we use to see them as brothers yet then see us as rivers and now we are putting dogs we they normally belong ... we dont rival with dogs, we rival with better nations.... may be when they sit and learn one or two things from us ...they can compete a little but not now.... thats the drill
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
el bin manny: Choi !!!!!!!!!! These people poor pass church rats o!
How do these Ghanaians survive ?
Imagine more than 8 million of them earning less than 2 dollars a day! When a bricklayer in my site earns not less than 3k about 20 doallars a day??
Ghana is a prototype of hell on earth cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
www.ghanaweb.com > Home > News > 2012-09-30

grin grin grin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
djfiifi: The Sahara Garbage is lying,it was a NDC supporter who was rether stabbed by NPP supporters around Circle,Irani Clinic area.Not the other way round.
The election was free and fair,the rest of the candidates have conceded defeat except the NPP leader Akuffo Addo who wants to rule at all cost.
election was peaceful yet ... soilders had disperse angry protester with tear gas... another protest again today involving knives and dagger..probably it will involve dane guns and locally made pistols tommorow.. .... so is that gaynian definition of peace? choi it sucks to be a gaynian
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Creatrixity(m): 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2012
hahaha smoothcrime and co.who are the 'criminal dogs'now..lol!
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Kajina: 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2012
Red-Light:
election was peaceful yet ... soilders had disperse angry protester with tear gas... another protest again today involving knives and dagger..probably it will involve dane guns and locally made pistols tommorow.. .... so is that gaynian definition of peace? choi it sucks to be a gaynian

The election was free, fair and peaceful, and all the observer groups confirmed it. The opposition candidate is just an angry loser who wants to rule Ghana "at all cost", because his father (a former president of Ghana) told him that he will one day become president too. Since this election was his last chance to achieve that goal he is refusing to accept defeat. The guy is turning 72yrs come next election, and his party may go for a younger flag bearer. We understand his frustration but the people of Ghana chose another candidate over him.

Now how we resolve the issue is what will determine whether our democracy is mature or not. Trust me, it will not last long.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 6:45pm On Dec 12, 2012
Kajina:

The election was free, fair and peaceful, and all the observer groups confirmed it. The opposition candidate is just an angry loser who wants to rule Ghana "at all cost", because his father (a former president of Ghana) told him that he will one day become president too. Since this election was his last chance to achieve that goal he is refusing to accept defeat. The guy is turning 72yrs come next election, and his party may go for a younger flag bearer. We understand his frustration but the people of Ghana chose another candidate over him.

Now how we resolve the issue is what will determine whether our democracy is mature or not. Trust me, it will not last long.

abeg tell that to the dogs... we only believe what we see ... and what we saw are people stabbing themselves and soldiers firing tear gas.. the same thing u people saw when buhari supporters were protesting election result ... now deal with ur problem and stop trying to lemme know the story of one 72year old negro grin grin grin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp up, mag-gots.
You bastar-ds are all cun-ts. Go suck your mom, fvckin coc-k sucke-rs.

Sub-human vile beasts.

Being Ghanaian is an honour so deal with it! Why don’t you dirty, stinking nigerians go jump off a cliff or go take a gas shower?

You are excited because of a petty skirmish in small part of Accra? I live in Accra and our city is peaceful.It has always been peaceful. I just got back home. Nobody is kidnapping anybody-absolutely nobody-either a newly born baby or an 82-year-old grandmother. Nobody is carrying gun to rob anybody-come and see oyibos riding in commercial buses in Ghana, like the citizens. Can you see an oyibo walking the streets of nigeria? In a country where kidnapping is the second most important industry? A country torn asunder by endemic poverty- 90 % surviving on less than $2 a day?
I have been an accredited election observer in your gutter country since from Babangida’s time till Obasanjo’s administration. I have observed every single election in that shi-thole from 1993. I still have some of INEC accreditation cards and stuff. I don’t need to talk about the rubbish that goes on in your so-called elections because I will never finish.

What happened in Ghana last weekend was something Ghanaians should be very proud of. In your dustbin country, the best you did was biometric registration of voters following the disgraceful elections that brought yar’Adua into office.

Ghana did not only do biometric voter registration, but opted for biometric voting as well- I believe that was very first time biometric voting was employed in any part of west Africa.

Even your former ambassador in Ghana-Obanikoro, who was also an observer at the Ghana elections told Nigerian reporters in Accra that Nigeria should learn from the Ghana experience and try and implement biometric voting. The INEC commissioner in Cross River of Akwa-Ibom, who was also in Ghana for the elections, was also full of praise when he appeared on Channels TV.

So fo all Ghana haters who think Ghana is falling apart because of a minor altercation, I say kiss my ar-se, ugly bast-ards!
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by TableLeg(m): 7:23pm On Dec 12, 2012
Let them kill themselves ... Who cares!
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 7:27pm On Dec 12, 2012
sadeiyare:

Nigerians doing great economically in Ghana and Ghanians believing that Nigerians are taking over their jobs and women lol

I am a Ghanaian and live in Ghana, precisely Accra. I don't get a sense nigerians are taking over Ghanaian jobs. how is that possible? Ghana has become a huge attrcation from investors all over the world. I don't understanding how nigerians can take Ghanaian jobs. You mean in the public sector o private? Don't believe every rubbish you hear. Even the few nigerian businesses that are here prefer employing Ghanaians, because they are offering services to Ghanaians, not nigerians.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 7:28pm On Dec 12, 2012
Table Leg :
Let them kill themselves ... Who cares!

kill themselves? how many have they killed? I tire oooh. and what is this nonsense doing on the front page of NL?
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
Red-Light:
grin grin grin abi o... their electricity is not stable, their roads are not motorable, their schools unattainable, hospital rubbish... their economy is not up to that of lagos... they cant even organise free and fair election... yet they come to nairaland to rant.. shameless people... its this kinda time u just wish to pray for ur african brother but if u think about the way ghanaians on nairaland act.. u will hate all ghanaians

Most phucked up person in the most phucked up shi-thole! how much of electricity do you have in a day in that shytehole? has any one traveled on the Seme-Lagos expressway lately? Gay Dog, I suggest you go see that road before coming back here to talk rubbish.That road is one of the most important n that nonsense thing you call country. nigeria is just fvcked up...no other way to describe it,GAY DOG! Your roads are not motorable, your schools have almost collapsed. you should be thanking Ghanaians for accepting some of your students into their superior schools. every day, nigerians are trooping to Ghana in search of quality education,a better life, reliable power and a safe environment.

f00lish goat !
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2012
PetroDolla:

I am a Ghanaian and live in Ghana, precisely Accra. I don't get a sense nigerians are taking over Ghanaian jobs. how is that possible? Ghana has become a huge attrcation from investors all over the world. I don't understanding how nigerians can take Ghanaian jobs. You mean in the public sector o private? Don't believe every rubbish you hear. Even the few nigerian businesses that are here prefer employing Ghanaians, because they are offering services to Ghanaians, not nigerians.

I believe you will be in a better position to explain the rift between the two countries because this is not healthy for west africa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kayleigh McEnany Test Positive For COVID-19 / Nelson Mandela Discharged From Hospital! / China Lands First Jet On Aircraft Carrier - Is This The Chinese Century?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.