Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results (10223 Views)

Protesters Burn Burkina Faso Parliament Building / Egyptian Protesters Push An Armoured Police Van Off A Bridge, / Protesters Plan To Bombard Thatcher’s Coffin With Eggs, Coal Or Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2012
PetroDolla:

Most phucked up person in the most phucked up shi-thole! how much of electricity do you have in a day in that shytehole? has any one traveled on the Seme-Lagos expressway lately? Gay Dog, I suggest you go see that road before coming back here to talk rubbish.That road is one of the most important n that nonsense thing you call country. nigeria is just fvcked up...no other way to describe it,GAY DOG! Your roads are not motorable, your schools have almost collapsed. you should be thanking Ghanaians for accepting some of your students into their superior schools. every day, nigerians are trooping to Ghana in search of quality education,a better life, reliable power and a safe environment.

f00lish goat !
hahahahahahahaha it seems have touched this gaynian fugly monkey where it hurt most.... but instead of coming to take out ur frustration out on me ... u coulda done urself a big favor by hugging A moving train or better still skydive into Atlantic ocean

... afterall no be me talk say make ur country no get electricity, good road ... or protesting outright election rigging that went down in Gayna

now i will list three things u can do to put yourself out of ur own misery

1, arm ur self and become the next jerry rawlings and kill each person protesting in ur shithole country
2, become president and put gaynaians outta their miseries
3, 3rd and the easiest of all.... simply kill urself becos no be me dey do ur papa grin grin grin grin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 8:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
PetroDolla:

I am a Ghanaian and live in Ghana, precisely Accra. I don't get a sense nigerians are taking over Ghanaian jobs. how is that possible? Ghana has become a huge attrcation from investors all over the world. I don't understanding how nigerians can take Ghanaian jobs. You mean in the public sector o private? Don't believe every rubbish you hear. Even the few nigerian businesses that are here prefer employing Ghanaians, because they are offering services to Ghanaians, not nigerians.
then u are a blind stupiid gaynian that cant reason like normal human being.... best bank in ghana (owned by nigeria) telecomms we dominate .... u lazy mofos wanna take over nigerian business thats why ur fugly dead president had to come up with policy that will run Nigerians outta bussiness .... we dominate ur schools ... u are able to go to school cos Nigerians are paying big school fees in ur country.. we dominate almost every private sector .... yet instead of u ugly mofos to appreciate us... all u do is come to our forum to talk rubbish ... its time for next face of ghayna must go.... this time i will run all of u outta nairaland grin grin grin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 8:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
phewwwwww. its really fun dealing with this gaynia muppets..... i will make sure i run all of u outta nairaland ...until yall know your master

[size=15pt]GAYNA MUST GO (season 2[/size]) grin grin grin

leave nairaland for Nigerians if u have nothing positive to contribute to our country and forum grin grin

1 Like

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by lekkie073(m): 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2012
no b dis ghanians boku for lagos dey sell puffpuff, and kenke? 9jerians go to Ghana to set up big big big businesses. we nigerians are richer than fellow counterparts in any black nation. thats why i luv being a nigerian. ghanians can go and die....
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
sadeiyare:

I believe you will be in a better position to explain the rift between the two countries because this is not healthy for west africa

dear, you don't need to ask. nigerians are known all over the world for the most appalling conduct. they are uncouth, barbaric, criminally-inclined and despicable! why do you think their country is worse than a dustbin?

nigeria is a country of Bleep-erz, evil tards who are resented all over the world.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Cusubaba(m): 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
PetroDolla: Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp up, mag-gots.
You bastar-ds are all cun-ts. Go suck your mom, fvckin coc-k sucke-rs.

Sub-human vile beasts.

Being Ghanaian is an honour so deal with it! Why don’t you dirty, stinking nigerians go jump off a cliff or go take a gas shower?

You are excited because of a petty skirmish in small part of Accra? I live in Accra and our city is peaceful.It has always been peaceful. I just got back home. Nobody is kidnapping anybody-absolutely nobody-either a newly born baby or an 82-year-old grandmother. Nobody is carrying gun to rob anybody-come and see oyibos riding in commercial buses in Ghana, like the citizens. Can you see an oyibo walking the streets of nigeria? In a country where kidnapping is the second most important industry? A country torn asunder by endemic poverty- 90 % surviving on less than $2 a day?
I have been an accredited election observer in your gutter country since from Babangida’s time till Obasanjo’s administration. I have observed every single election in that shi-thole from 1993. I still have some of INEC accreditation cards and stuff. I don’t need to talk about the rubbish that goes on in your so-called elections because I will never finish.

What happened in Ghana last weekend was something Ghanaians should be very proud of. In your dustbin country, the best you did was biometric registration of voters following the disgraceful elections that brought yar’Adua into office.

Ghana did not only do biometric voter registration, but opted for biometric voting as well- I believe that was very first time biometric voting was employed in any part of west Africa.

Even your former ambassador in Ghana-Obanikoro, who was also an observer at the Ghana elections told Nigerian reporters in Accra that Nigeria should learn from the Ghana experience and try and implement biometric voting. The INEC commissioner in Cross River of Akwa-Ibom, who was also in Ghana for the elections, was also full of praise when he appeared on Channels TV.

So fo all Ghana haters who think Ghana is falling apart because of a minor altercation, I say kiss my ar-se, ugly bast-ards!

Senseless Ape, ur here talking trash while ur president elect John Mahama is in Nigeria today begging Goodluck Jonathan for Nigeria to supply Gas to Ghana because Ghana is facing light problem due to low gas supply from Nigeria to Ghana.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
lekkie073: no b dis ghanians boku for lagos dey sell puffpuff, and kenke? 9jerians go to Ghana to set up big big big businesses. we nigerians are richer than fellow counterparts in any black nation. thats why i luv being a nigerian. ghanians gaynias can go and die....
fixed embarassed embarassed grin grin

the richest black man on earth dangote (from Nigeria)
the richest black woman on earth alakija ( from Nigeria)
the richest and most beautiful people among the black race (Nigerians)

yet this gaynians dont wanna respect us angry
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
Cusubaba: Senseless Ape, ur here talking trash while ur president elect John Mahama is in Nigeria today begging Goodluck Jonathan for Nigeria to supply Gas to Ghana because Ghana is facing light problem due to low gas supply from Nigeria to Ghana.
grin grin grin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2012
Red-Light:
phewwwwww. its really fun dealing with this gaynia muppets..... i will make sure i run all of u outta nairaland ...until yall know your master

[size=15pt]GAYNA MUST GO (season 2[/size]) grin grin grin

leave nairaland for Nigerians if u have nothing positive to contribute to our country and forum grin grin

Damn! Illegitimate offspring of a couple who happens to be gay!

shi-t gliter

since nairaland is for nigerians, what is a story about Ghana doing on your fvckin site? you should be talkin about your nigerian shythole, isn't that how it is supposed to be, mor0n?
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2012
PetroDolla:

dear, you don't need to ask. nigerians are known all over the world for the most appalling conduct. they are uncouth, barbaric, criminally-inclined and despicable! why do you think their country is worse than a dustbin?

nigeria is a country of Bleep-erz, evil tards who are resented all over the world.
u are such a big retard... its worst than dustin ... yet we control ur fhuckin economy... we have second biggest GDP in the whole of africa... u are one heck of stupiid retard grin grin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
PetroDolla:

Damn! Illegitimate offspring of a couple who happens to be gay!

shi-t gliter

since nairaland is for nigerians, what is a story about Ghana doing on your fvckin site? you should be talkin about your nigerian shythole, isn't that how it is supposed to be, mor0n?

hahahaha shitface... the same reason why american election stories was posted on nairaland without americans ranting like a stupiid dog is the same reason why gayna news made it to nairaland .... news from all over the world are being posted everyday on nairaland ... thats why there is foreign affairs section.... now go and die and tell people its a mistake grin grin grin

GAyna must GOOOOOOO (season 2)

[size=15pt]GAYNA MUST GO (season 2)[/size] grin grin grin

smiley smiley
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by elbinmanny(m): 8:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
Red-Light:

hahahaha shitface... the same reason why american election stories was posted on nairaland without americans ranting like a stupiid dog is the same reason why gayna news made it to nairaland .... news from all over the world are being posted everyday on nairaland ... thats why there is foreign affairs section.... now go and die and tell people its a mistake grin grin grin

GAyna must GOOOOOOO (season 2 )

smiley smiley
Seconded..........the missing link between man and ape must go!!!!
So fucking ugly I wonder if they commit incest??
cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Cusubaba(m): 8:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
Red-Light:
fixed embarassed embarassed grin grin

the richest black man on earth dangote (from Nigeria)
the richest black woman on earth alakija ( from Nigeria)
the richest and most beautiful people among the black race (Nigerians)

yet this gaynians dont wanna respect us angry
Don't mind these senseless Apes Ghanaians. Ghanaians have PHD sydrone ( Pull Him Down Sydrone). They can't pull Nigerians down, that is why they hate Nigerians with passion. Imagine a lazy country like Ghana. The richest man in Ghana is Micheal Essien. Ghanaians are nothing but empty barries making the loudest noises.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2012
Cusubaba: Senseless Ape, ur here talking trash while ur president elect John Mahama is in Nigeria today begging Goodluck Jonathan for Nigeria to supply Gas to Ghana because Ghana is facing light problem due to low gas supply from Nigeria to Ghana.

Edioooot, talkin trash as usual. I can see that madness runs in your family. talking trash is a nigeria thing,huh?

why would my president beg nigeria to supply gas to Ghana when there is already a contractual agreement compelling nigeria to supply gas to Ghana? let me educate you about the $1 billion west african gas project. Chevron,Ghana,nigeria,togo,benin all provided funding for the project and own equity stake. under the project, nigeria has signed a 20-year deal to supply about 123 million cubic feet of gas daily to Ghana and far smaller amount to togo and benin. the agreement also provides for a fine to be imposed on nigeria if it fails to supply gas under the project.
But your reckless and irresponsible country has failed to meet its contractual obligation. so my president was in your dustbin country to warn your cassave-eating president that Ghana will invoke the penalty clause and demand massive compensation from your pathetic country if it fails to honour its obligation. Gas from the west african gas project provide only 10% of electricity generate in Ghana.

you probably don't know Ghana will inaugurate its own $1 billion gas projects in the next few days. Yes, Ghana will be tapping gas from its Jubilee project, so that f00lish nigeria can go shove its boko haramed gas up its dirty a-rse!

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2012
Red-Light:

u are such a big retard... its worst than dustin ... yet we control ur fhuckin economy... we have second biggest GDP in the whole of africa... u are one heck of stupiid retard grin grin

Hehehehe gay dog, what do you control? you mean those selling fake phones, CDs and doing menial jobs around Ghana? is that what you call control? or is having 3,4 banks out of about 200 conventional/non-conventional banks, or one out of six mobile phone operators amount to controlling anything? you apes are simply fuelish, the most f00lish specie of man! you know nigerians are the least popular people in the world, including Ghana- so my goat-- don't continue to expose your stupidit-y... because you criminally-inclined compatrots don't control shi-t? you know Ghanaians don't like nigerians, just as nigerians don't like Ghanaians- so how can you control any thing? BTW, do you control your own economy? dam f00lish goat, modafaka grin

1 Like

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Abrantie: 9:22pm On Dec 12, 2012
PetroDolla:

Edioooot, talkin trash as usual. I can see that madness runs in your family. talking trash is a nigeria thing,huh?

why would my president beg nigeria to supply gas to Ghana when there is already a contractual agreement compelling nigeria to supply gas to Ghana? let me educate you about the $1 billion west african gas project. Chevron,Ghana,nigeria,togo,benin all provided funding for the project and own equity stake. under the project, nigeria has signed a 20-year deal to supply about 123 million cubic feet of gas daily to Ghana and far smaller amount to togo and benin. the agreement also provides for a fine to be imposed on nigeria if it fails to supply gas under the project.
But your reckless and irresponsible country has failed to meet its contractual obligation. so my president was in your dustbin country to warn your cassave-eating president that Ghana will invoke the penalty clause and demand massive compensation from your pathetic country if it fails to honour its obligation. Gas from the west african gas project provide only 10% of electricity generate in Ghana.

you probably don't know Ghana will inaugurate its own $1 billion gas projects in the next few days. Yes, Ghana will be tapping gas from its Jubilee project, so that f00lish nigeria can go shove its boko haramed gas up its dirty a-rse!

PetroDolla, does this mean Nigeria 419-ed us? Hahahaha grin grin grin

What did we expect from a country built on fraud?
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Abrantie: 9:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
PetroDolla:

No, no, no... they can go back to flaring up the gas while their country remains in darkness.

Stupidity beyond comprehension if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 9:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
Cusubaba: Don't mind these senseless Apes Ghanaians. Ghanaians have PHD sydrone ( Pull Him Down Sydrone). They can't pull Nigerians down, that is why they hate Nigerians with passion. Imagine a lazy country like Ghana. The richest man in Ghana is Micheal Essien. Ghanaians are nothing but empty barries making the loudest noises.

Listen to this muppet. you think the good people of Ghana have time for confirmed deluded lunatics? Look, your country is phucked up big time. honestly, you should rubbing shoulders with somalia, yemen and iraq. hope you apes have released the poor 82-year-old gradmother (Mrs. Okonjo) see how pathetic and senseless your barbaric country has become.

That 'lazy' country produced more than one million tonnes of cocoa annually. tell me, what happened to those groundnut pyramids in the north. and how much of cocoa do you produce today?

For a country that imports everything, including toothpicks, that is a rather audacious thing to day,huh? 'hardworking' nigerians gather in abuja every month to collect their state allocation. that has become a ritual, and nothing else happens in that cursed country. i guess that's your idea of 'hard work' huh? pathetic, very pathetic indeed.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
Abrantie:

No, no, no... they can go back to flaring up the gas while their country remains in darkness.

Stupidity beyond comprehension if you ask me.

these mugus are simply incredible! they'll rather flare the gas and choke themselves to death! absolutely f00lish beyond reason. incredible stuff
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 9:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ghana: How Nigeria Can Learn From the Ghana Election - Obanikoro

interview

Accra — Senator Musiliu Obanikoro was a member of the 250-man ECOWAS observer monitoring mission that witnessed the just concluded presidential and parliamentary elections in Ghana. In 2008, as the then Nigerian High Commissioner to the country, he played a key role in the polls. Daily Trust spoke to him in Accra on his views on the election and other issues. Excerpts:

You witnessed the 2008 and the 2012 general elections in Ghana, how will you assess this one?

I think that there is a slight improvement on the last exercise in 2008. Though there is a lot of distrust. This we saw from the day before yesterday, and yesterday during the election and even as at this morning. That bothers on my own perception on the margin. It is almost an equally divided country in terms of support base for both parties. So you can see a lot of distrust, even from the results we are getting. It is likely to be a close election. When you have a very close score, everybody is edgy and nobody wants to give any undue advantage to the other party. So giving all that, I think from the way the voters conducted themselves yesterday; there is no doubt that this is a country that is ready to embrace democracy. And the improvement that I saw bothers on the conduct of the people during election. Despite the slow process that we saw yesterday because of the electronic machine, people were patiently waiting everywhere. There were some places, we saw....personally I saw a queue of over 700 voters. In some cases about one thousand voters standing peacefully. And some were sitting quietly on a bench. People were standing calming, waiting for their turn to exercise their franchise. That speaks volumes in terms of the citizen's commitment to democracy. It is not all about government or the umpire, which is the Electoral Commission. It is not just about that. It is also about the people. How responsive and responsible the people are also generally affects the conduct of the election.

You spoke about distrust among the political parties in the build-up to the election, the accusations and the counter-accusations. The allegations that people had planned to rig the election. But people see all these as symptoms of what is coming, following the oil discovery in the country?

Let's be honest with each other, we know the more prosperous a nation is the higher the bar. So it has been, not just Ghana it is so in any given society, the higher the level of prosperity the higher the stalk. So that goes without any gainsaying.

At the end of the day with has happened, can you confidently say that the election was credible and will meet the expectations of everybody?

Well, let me say yesterday I was at about 92 polling stations I personally visited them. Officially I visited five with former President Obasanjo and 32 with other colleagues of mine. And I and one other person went all over, just to see exactly what was happening. I am happy honestly to say that Ghanaians are truly, truly committed to democracy. I will say to the best of my knowledge, what I saw yesterday I can characterize it as being credible. Credible in every sense of it! I have seen elections in the Western World, personal experience, and not on television. I have seen elections in Nigeria. And I was witness to 2008 elections in Ghana and being a witness to this one that is going on. I can say with all sense of responsibility that it is a good election. Now so far, yes, I can say it is a credible election. But as they collate results and results are announced. The way the election is received and the way results are collated are the things that we now have to pay special attention to, so that there is no manipulation of any form in terms of the outcome of the election. We are dealing with human beings. We have seen it in other places, even in the Western World. So everybody must be vigilant, so that nobody comes to get any advantage.

Looking at the entire West African sub-region and indeed the whole of Africa, what are the lessons one can learn from Ghanaian election?

There is a lot to learn. Look at what we had in 2011 in terms of biometric registration in Nigeria and they have elevated it to biometric voting. I think there are lots of lessons here. The process of accreditation, I will rightly say carrying voters' ID was not good enough to serve as accreditation. Your finger prints must be accepted by the machine for you to vote. That gives a lot of credibility to the process. I believe that we also can elevate our own to that level. If we are able to successfully execute it, I believe it will reduce the mistrust, the irregularities that are inherent in the system that we have now.

Given the challenges that we experienced yesterday, do you think the Electoral Commission was adequately prepared for the election?

Of course, given the fact that they we using biometric voter system for the first time. And what I witnessed I can say they are teething problems. One late arrival of materials; two some machines did not work effectively; three the breakdown, because the personnel did not change the batteries at the assigned time. Because according to the Chairman of the Electoral Commission, they were to change the battery every five hours. A good number of them allowed the batteries to wear out before they changed them. That created a lot of problems, because sometimes for the system to re-boost it takes two hours to three hours. So that created a lot of problems. I believe in an election, any system that is new into any environment certainly will create such problems. But I am happy with the swiftness with which the Electoral Commission has attended to some of these challenges. Election in some polling booths was adjourned until this morning. And as we speak now the process is on going. And don't let us lose sight of the fact that out of 26,000 polling stations, this situation is only just being repeated in only 10 per cent, no 18 per cent. This translates to 4,000 polling booths. So if out of 26,000, we have successfully executed elections in about 22,000. I think that is way more than the pass mark and they have 4,000 that they are dealing with right now. They are voting now. I think by and large, if you ask me I will say it was a good election.

In your assessment, do you believe 10 per cent is not sufficient basis for anyone to query the validity of the outcome of the election?

Well we don't have results as we speak. As I said the 18 per cent and not even 10 per cent will translate to 4,000 polling units. And they are voting there as I speak now. So it is not as if those results were cancelled. And also don't let us forget that they adjourned for different reasons. There are cases where they have voted and the machines malfunctioned. And what they also did last night was to count the results of those who voted. And asked those who were on the line to come back this morning. And so the candidates and all the agents of the parties, they are all aware of the results so far, before the adjournment. Now this morning, those who have not voted will go back and vote. Then in the other situation, you have places where the election materials got to very late. So election did not take place, they are doing their own right now. And lastly, all those, who experienced total break-down of the machines. Those ones are starting again, so we are dealing with different categories of challenges. And I am confident that if we allow the distrust to cool off a bit, I am sure the umpire has the capacity to deliver a credible election. You have been actively involved in two elections in Ghana. And from your perspective do you think Ghana has put enough deterrents in place to check rigging?

Well to be honest with you, from what I saw yesterday, it is very difficult to rig. One before you can vote, the machine must accredit you. And the agents are there to witness the accreditation. So I think there is little or no room for rigging. But of course, human elements can always come to play in anything. We just hope and pray that those with negative tendencies will not hijack the process.

Source: Daily Trust
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 9:40pm On Dec 12, 2012
Learn From Ghana’s Election, INEC Commissioner Tells Nigerians

The Cross River State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Mike Igini on Tuesday said Ghana will remain the pride of Africa as it stands as a model in African democracy which Nigeria must emulate.

Mr Igini, who was a guest on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, said “the history of a people is a reflection of how they decide to conduct themselves.”

The INEC commissioner said Ghana has conducted six successful elections that has met both local and international standards and that the success is not far-fetched because the saying “Ghana First” applies that every Ghanaians should believe in the country.

He said Ghanaians are where they are today because they started a journey of change some years ago, remaining committed to the value of change and in making the country attain a higher level in Africa and West Africa Sub-region and that they also adopt new method which is the introduction of the biometric system in the election process.

“Some of the things I found in Ghana are quite interesting unlike in our own country; and of course we can see why we are where we are,” he said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t8fMfB5DiSU
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Cusubaba(m): 9:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
PetroDolla:

Senseless Ape, i thought u had only charcoal skins, dint knw ur brain re burnt too. So what is ur bleaching face president John Mahama doing in Abuja, Nigeria today.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 9:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
Cusubaba: Senseless Ape, i thought u had only charcoal skins, dint knw ur brain re burnt too. So what is ur bleaching face president John Mahama doing in Abuja, Nigeria today.

Ewu, can see you have a brain of a one-month-old baby, bastar-d! Go back to my post and read it carefully. you'll find the reason my president was in your dustbin country. I know as a nigerian, reading is a huge challenge and comprehension is even a bigger challenge. but at least read my post slowly at a speed your limited and compromised IQ will allow and you'll grasp my point. good luck, modafaka!
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2012
The Lessons From Ghana

Published on December 11, 2012 by

Last Friday, Ghanaians went to the poll to elect a new president and members of the country’s legislature. The election which stretched to the following Saturday was described as peaceful and generally credible by both foreign and local observers. By Sunday night, the results of the elections were known and winners declared.

The incumbent President John Dramani Mahama of the National Democratic Congress, NDC, was declared winner by the country’s electoral commission. Mahama won with 50.70 percent of the votes cast while his closest rival, Akufo-Addo of the New Patriotic Party, scored 47.74 of the total votes cast.

After the winner was announced, the defeated candidate, though disagreed with the result, did not call his followers out on the streets for demonstration, killing and burning of houses as witnessed in Nigeria after President Goodluck Jonathan was declared winner in 2011.

This is the first lesson we must take from the Ghanaian election. Our politicians must learn to restrain themselves even if they disagree with the conduct of the election. They should not call their supporters out for violence because violence cannot solve anything.

The defeated candidate in the Ghana presidential election has elected to go to court to challenge the result. This is a better approach than asking supporters to engage in burning of property and killing.

Secondly, Nigerians must learn to conduct themselves peacefully during elections as witnessed in Ghana. There was no report of ballot snatching or violence. There was no bloodshed as usually witnessed during our own elections. This is commendable.

The third lesson is the flexibility of the country’s electoral system which allowed election to be deferred to the following day in some areas when the biometric machines in these areas malfunctioned. If this had happened in Nigeria, voters in those areas would have been disenfranchised as INEC would have refused an extention of time to give opportunity to the people to cast their votes for fear of being accused of favouring a particular political party or candidate.

The fourth lesson is the swiftness with which the results of the election were announced immediately after the collation. This is the way it should be so as not to give room for suspicions and manipulations.

Lastly, we should endeavour to adopt the biometric system used in Ghana during the elections. The system, we are told, is reliable and cannot be manipulated for election rigging.

Source: PM News
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Abrantie: 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2012
Cusubaba: So what is ur president John Mahama doing in Abuja, Nigeria today.

He is there to ask, "where is the funckn gas we bought and you agreed to supply, muthafuka!?"
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Cusubaba(m): 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
PetroDolla:

Listen to this muppet. you think the good people of Ghana have time for confirmed deluded lunatics? Look, your country is phucked up big time. honestly, you should rubbing shoulders with somalia, yemen and iraq. hope you apes have released the poor 82-year-old gradmother (Mrs. Okonjo) see how pathetic and senseless your barbaric country has become.

That 'lazy' country produced more than one million tonnes of cocoa annually. tell me, what happened to those groundnut pyramids in the north. and how much of cocoa do you produce today?

For a country that imports everything, including toothpicks, that is a rather audacious thing to day,huh? 'hardworking' nigerians gather in abuja every month to collect their state allocation. that has become a ritual, and nothing else happens in that cursed country. i guess that's your idea of 'hard work' huh? pathetic, very pathetic indeed.

Senseless Ape, u have cocoa, Gold, Diamond etc and yet foreigners control 98% of Ghana economy. Yet the biggest cinema in Ghana is own by a Nigerian. A Nigerian own Glo Network in Ghana. Nigeria own 70% Banks in Ghana i.e UBA bank, Access Bank, Energy bank, Intercontinental bank, Zenith bank, Eco bank, GTB bank, Fin bank, Spring bank etc. Nigeria control 65% of Ghana economy.
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
PetroDolla:

TYPICAL gaynian ugly Dog doing what they know how to do best... displaying how stupiid they are to the world.... this in fact the stupidest thing someone can post and am not surprised its coming from a gaynian ...the usual culprit grin grin

nigeria give gayna gas becos ur country is broke and we are doing it to help African brother but u ugly monkies wanna turn our act of kindness to another thing (still not suprised..-its gaynian thing to be ingrate and dumb) (when our gas stopped flowing ur electricity collapsed which is against what u mofos use to talk about that nigeria dont give u gas) .... if truly there is any agreement that make it mandatory for nigeria to supply gas to ghana ... why cant ur president sue nigeria for bridge of contract instead of coming to nigeria to beg never to stop giving u gas... the same way john kuffor begged nigeria for more gas ....it shows that u are super stupiid .... by the way nigeria is not the only nation supplying gas to the world..must u people beg nigeria for gas all the time grin grin

gayna will innagurate $1biilion project and this wretched fhucked up as.shole is happy.. when a single build project in nigeria cost more than that... that really shows how backward ghana is.... 1billion project is now a thing that gayna is proud of ... am quite sure the project will even be sponsored by foreigners (nigerians included ) what a shame

No doubt

It truly sucks to be a gaynian grin grin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 10:03pm On Dec 12, 2012
Abrantie:

PetroDolla, does this mean Nigeria 419-ed us? Hahahaha grin grin grin

What did we expect from a country built on fraud?

hehehehehehe the country built on fraud ... yet defeat ur country built on truth in all ramification

what a shameless being grin grin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Abrantie: 10:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
Cusubaba: Senseless Ape, u have cocoa, Gold, Diamond etc and yet foreigners control 98% of Ghana economy. Yet the biggest cinema in Ghana is own by a Nigerian. A Nigerian own Glo Network in Ghana. Nigeria own 70% Banks in Ghana i.e UBA bank, Access Bank, Energy bank, Intercontinental bank, Zenith bank, Eco bank, GTB bank, Fin bank, Spring bank etc. Nigeria control 65% of Ghana economy.

ONE Cinema with a total of about 5 permanent employees? WTF!?

Glo, one of the six networks in tiny Ghana with only 2% market share?

There goes the "Banks" again. How many Ghanaians have Nigerian banks employed that would even make a dent to our economy. What economical benefits does your 419 banks provide any way? Come and open factories and then may be you can brag.

Did you factor in all the Nigerian asshawoes, Yahoo-Yahoo boys in our internet cafes, bootleg CDs and chinko phone sellers at Nkrumah circle to your 65% analyses? Go sit down somewhere!!!
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by PetroDolla: 10:08pm On Dec 12, 2012
Cusubaba: Senseless Ape, u have cocoa, Gold, Diamond etc and yet foreigners control 98% of Ghana economy. Yet the biggest cinema in Ghana is own by a Nigerian. A Nigerian own Glo Network in Ghana. Nigeria own 70% Banks in Ghana i.e UBA bank, Access Bank, Energy bank, Intercontinental bank, Zenith bank, Eco bank, GTB bank, Fin bank, Spring bank etc. Nigeria control 65% of Ghana economy.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz this your crap has long become boring! so the fact that a nigerian own majority shares in a cinema means nigerians control the Ghanaian economy? I know there are Ghanaian minority shareholders in that cinema. a nigerian own glo so what? what is glo's market share in Ghana? how much of the market do you think glo has in Ghana? you probably don' know there are 6 operators, and glo has the least subscribers? I only know of 6 nigerian banks in Ghana. for you information, there are about 36 orthodox banks and more than a 100 unconventional banks across Ghana. and the nigerian banks here are under strict central bank controls. ask those bankers and glo whether they feel they control anything. few weeks ago, access bank was barred from engaging in foreign exchange transactions due to some shady deals.. does that sound like a bank controlling anything.

only f00lish apes engage in this kind of cheap talk. so the fact that igbo live and do business in lagos means they have taken over lagos,huh?

you are nothing but a big, fat f00l. a complete eddiot. don't know why I am wasting my time with mor0n like you grin
Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by Cusubaba(m): 10:08pm On Dec 12, 2012
Abrantie:

He is there to ask, "where is the funckn gas we bought and you agreed to supply, muthafuka!?"
hahaha....that is why i called u ugly lazy Ghanaians senseless apes. Ur bleaching face president is in Abuja bagging for free gas as usual. U poor bastard apes are in NL talking trash. Lazy bleeps keep on talking trash where Nigerians are busy buying the whole Ghana. And making u lazy ugly bleeps slaves in ur own country.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Clash In Ghana Over Election Results by RedLight1: 10:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
PetroDolla:

hahahahahahaha stupiid deluded gaynaian dog talking .... nigeria has its own problem and we never deny it (thats why ugly mofos like u are able to know what is goin on in nigeria) and we are working towards solving it ...

now lets talk about gayna

Nigeria with 170 million people has done better than you. We manufacture cars, trucks, SUVs, desktop computers and laptops in Nigeria. Heard of INNOSON Motors and Zinox? We are also Africa's largest producer and exporter of cement. Heard of the Dangote Group? What exactly do you produce in Ghana apart from cocoa?

What I find amazing is that these guys have just 24 million folks in their country, have been the world's largest cocoa exporter for several decades, the 2nd largest producer of gold on earth after South Africa, and have now struck oil, and yet, they've very very little to show for it. Shockingly, they still receive foreign aid from the US and Europe. And yet they have the effrontery to insult other nations. That's what I don't get. At least nations like Nigeria, Pakistan, India etc can point at their huge populations and say 'give us more time'. But what excuse really does a country like Ghana have for remaining mired in poverty, deprivation, and in receipt of foreign aid?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kayleigh McEnany Test Positive For COVID-19 / Nelson Mandela Discharged From Hospital! / China Lands First Jet On Aircraft Carrier - Is This The Chinese Century?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.