Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? (14614 Views)

10 Professions In Nigeria You Can Still Practice Without Studying them / Urgent advice needed; Which Course Should I Do BOSIET OR IWCF? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by chiwob(m): 5:39pm On Dec 19, 2012
ok
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by YuzedoII: 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2012
I didn't even wanted my childs to go to sckool. Waist of morny. Start buisness in Alaba strait and make more morney for mua na him mama! angry angry
Ego di na buisness o! Leave sckool for whu no want morny. Ware tie up and down and say sir, sir. Andy Uba ejero sckool. Chris Uba, OBJ, GEJ, didn;t went to skool, they have morny now.
Ogini?!?!?! undecided angry

2 Likes

Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Uchenna42(m): 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2012
undecided SOCIAL WORK!!!!....WTF
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by chiwob(m): 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2012
okkk
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by caesaraba(m): 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2012
Visual Handicap
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2012
I will born three children . 2 of them will read medicine and the other will read elect/elect, or all will read medicine.

1 Like

Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by manny4life(m): 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
Whatever my child finds interesting is cool with me. Sometimes, parents inadvertently deviate the successful pattern of their children's dream just so they can achieve theirs. These have profound lasting effect on them when they get older. They become unhappy and are miserable.

As for lawyers being liars, that is their job, deal with it. If anyone knows they haven't lied in a day or the past week, please identify yourself. Actually, I love the law and it's something I intend on doing in future. I have lied at one point or another, whether on job, or interview or to my mom or sister...LIE IS LIE.

The only difference between a lying lawyer and liar on street, at your job, anywhere and everywhere is that they it's their job to convince you, so they go extra miles in doing. Some lie for the fun of it, some lie to gain advantage, while lawyers lie to defend their client.
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2012
yemmy_ma:

An aberration from the average Nigerian mindset. I actually think that is the way to go. All this Engineering, Medicine, Accountancy thing even kills creativity from young age.
I will born three children . 2 of them will read medicine and the other will read elect/elect, or all will read medicine.
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by tellwsdom: 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2012
Medicine, cos I don't wantt him to see yanshes at random angry
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 19, 2012
manny4life: Whatever my child finds interesting is cool with me. Sometimes, parents inadvertently deviate the successful pattern of their children's dream just so they can achieve theirs. These have profound lasting effect on them when they get older. They become unhappy and are miserable.

As for lawyers being liars, that is their job, deal with it. If anyone knows they haven't lied in a day or the past week, please identify yourself. Actually, I love the law and it's something I intend on doing in future. I have lied at one point or another, whether on job, or interview or to my mom or sister...LIE IS LIE.

The only difference between a lying lawyer and liar on street, at your job, anywhere and everywhere is that they it's their job to convince you, so they go extra miles in doing. Some lie for the fun of it, some lie to gain advantage, while lawyers lie to defend their client.
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by hommer(f): 5:50pm On Dec 19, 2012
Urohbo linguistics
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2012
Lesbianboy or wateva ur nick is. I'm currently studying Music at OAU. I love what I'm studying. Do u have any problem with that *playing invention 24 by Wolfgang amadeus Mozart and chilling with a bottle of malt*

1 Like

Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by manny4life(m): 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2012
Messilo: I will born three children . 2 of them will read medicine and the other will read elect/elect, or all will read medicine.

Amen... grin grin grin

God will give me same 2/3 is fine, and they can study whatever their heart desires...
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2012
tellwsdom: Medicine, cos I don't wantt him to see yanshes at random angry
because you apply for medicine, and they dont admit you.
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Tunjman(m): 5:56pm On Dec 19, 2012
His parents wanted him to study mechanical engineering but he ended up studying 'terrorism'

Moral of the story: Instead of choosing a discipline for your child,discipline them and teach them the way of God.

3 Likes

Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 19, 2012
Please Great Scholars help me i have a problem. I need your advice...
In my Wassce Result. i had the following grades. English Language C, Economics C, Government C, Commerce B, Agric Sci. C, Biology C then Maths i had D7....and i wanted to study either Accountancy or Bank/fin or BizAdmin. But since i didnt make my maths. I decided to switch courses to either public Administration or Political science coz i heard these courses dont need maths. ... now i heard if i am given admission with this result in my final year i will be asked to go back to 100L that my result is not complete. Please is this really true
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 19, 2012
I won't allow my Kids to study anything outside the Medicals IF we are based in Nigeria.
If you won't study Medsurg,Medlab,Pharmacy or Nursing, then I'd rather send you to a vocational school instead of wasting 4 years reading biochemistry,Microbiology,soil science etc..
And no one should tell me about Accountancy or Law..You'll still be roaming the streets of Abuja in your tie and suit after graduation.
I made that mistake, won't allow my kids to do same.
If we are not based in Nigeria,then you can read anything..even Music or Horticulture.

2 Likes

Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 19, 2012
GlobalVillager: Melecine ;DMelecine
because you apply for medicine and they dont admit you
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Tolexander: 5:59pm On Dec 19, 2012
pharmacy in oau cos ko ye ki emi baba jiya ki omo mi tun je(it is not proper for me to suffer and my children to also carry the sufferings.
OAU Pharmacy dey drill!

1 Like

Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by lawizle(m): 6:00pm On Dec 19, 2012
Nursing...dey like bleeping doctors too much...I don taya for dr slacked punnany.
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by wengerjay(m): 6:00pm On Dec 19, 2012
Messilo: I will born three children . 2 of them will read medicine and the other will read elect/elect, or all will read medicine.
One of ur children needs to read English abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 19, 2012
Zeddicus: I won't allow my Kids to study anything outside the Medicals IF we are based in Nigeria.
If you won't study Medsurg,Medlab,Pharmacy or Nursing, then I'd rather send you to a vocational school instead of wasting 4 years reading biochemistry,Microbiology,soil science etc..
And no one should tell me about Accountancy or Law..You'll still be roaming the streets of Abuja in your tie and suit after graduation.
I made that mistake, won't allow my kids to do same.
If we are not based in Nigeria,then you can read anything..even Music or Horticulture.
best comment so far, medicine and surgery is the best course. It is easy to get job after graduation with good salary.

1 Like

Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Lachynos2k2(m): 6:05pm On Dec 19, 2012
pekelepekele: Zoology
mind u GEJ studied zoology..lol
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 19, 2012
Fredrick909: Please Great Scholars help me i have a problem. I need your advice...
In my Wassce Result. i had the following grades. English Language C, Economics C, Government C, Commerce B, Agric Sci. C, Biology C then Maths i had D7....and i wanted to study either Accountancy or Bank/fin or BizAdmin. But since i didnt make my maths. I decided to switch courses to either public Administration or Political science coz i heard these courses dont need maths. ... now i heard if i am given admission with this result in my final year i will be asked to go back to 100L that my result is not complete. Please is this really true
go back to ss1 and change to science. after secondary school read medicine in order to secure job with good pay easily bye
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 19, 2012
lawizle: Nursing...dey like bleeping doctors too much...I don taya for dr slacked punnany.
medicine
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by ektbear: 6:09pm On Dec 19, 2012
I am biased against most of the social sciences and humanities. However, if my child has talent in say History, I won't discourage him/her from studying it.
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by wengerjay(m): 6:09pm On Dec 19, 2012
There is no future in any profession,the future is in the hands of an individual who holds the profession.

4 Likes

Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by AjanleKoko: 6:14pm On Dec 19, 2012
Wallie: I guess I didn't answer the question!

There's no way I'll give in right a way to a child that wants to study anything that I feel is a waste of the child's potential! Am I a typical Nigerian? Yep, and I'm unapologetic.

In today's world, I feel every professional should have some foundation that allows them to converse with or, at the very least, understand the technical crowd. Technology will very much control the future and will determine who leads and who follows. There's nothing wrong with following someone else’s lead but I have a problem with someone capable of being a leader lazily settling to become a follower.

For a first degree, I will bark at anything that’s not science, technology, engineering, or mathematics. For a second degree, the child can go study whatever he/she likes even making pottery. But I can almost guarantee that his pots will be second to none. cool

A child of mine that refuses to go to college will get written off and ignored. That’s how strongly I believe in education.

LOL. You seem to have the same conviction as my Mrs wink
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Agrika: 6:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
I could love all my children to study something related to Agriculture, cos thats where the future gold mines of the world lie.....with Agriculture we dont need Medcine at all.

1 Like

Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
MUSIC... angry

1 Like

Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Uniquexty(f): 6:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
I will discourage my kids from studing any course become Mr. A or Mrs. B studied it. I believe observant parents will be able to ascertain the careers of their children right from their behaviour during childhood. Anything they pick interest in, I will aid them to develop the potentials. The important thing there is for them to be the best of whatever they are. If my son is a palmwine tapper, he has to be the best in the profession and i guarantee you that he will stand before kings and not mere men.
Re: Which Course Will You Discourage Your Child From Studying? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 19, 2012
I studied Criminal Justice with specialization in Law Enforcement. It was a waste of time. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I am currently thinking about Economics and Statistics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Firm Owing Me Are Threatening To Arrest My Guarantors / It's International Nurses' Week- What Do You Have To Say About Nurses? / Your Role Model In Corporate Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.