Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,083 members, 7,814,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1072) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10860637 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 16, 2015
Ha-ha....No Smiling Teeth Yet Today. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2015
The market is giving people another opportunity to take position, ahead of the release of ministerial list.
Bear period is the best time to buy, buy and buy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 16, 2015
What price is Uba?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shrink007: 10:49am On Sep 16, 2015
mercylicious:
What price is Uba?

UBA currently at 4,04
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Excellent7(m): 10:50am On Sep 16, 2015
Ronkuns:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/shareholders-approve-flour-mills-subsidiaries-merger-with-holdco/220371/

Shareholders Approve Flour Mills’ Subsidiaries Merger with HoldCo

"As a result, the company sought and obtained shareholders’ approval to raise its authorised share capital from its current N2 billion to N2.5billion and to thereafter, subject to regulatory approvals, issue additional shares by way of rights to existing shareholders on the basis of five new ordinary shares for every 12 ordinary shares held at N27.50 per share[i][/i]"

How realistic is the pricing of the rights, considering that the shares currently trade at about N23? Does this indicate that a bull run is imminent on FMN stock to drive the price above N27.50? Otherwise, the rights issue may not be taken up.

Don’t be too sure.
Move with caution.
Be mindful there has been recent NSE tradition with rights offers, in which the "market masquerade" tend to pull stock prices below the announced rights prices. If my memory did not fail me Oando, Access, and I think Diamond bank are recent instances.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 11:03am On Sep 16, 2015
Manonamission:
Market should peak today. If that happens, bears will have tomorrow.

#Markettiming

So market peaked on Monday instead. Market can not be timed cry Will watch till Thursday/Friday before taking my next decision. cool Better to jump in at the onset of a bull ride. If I miss it, I'll wait till the next cycle. I would rather sit on my cash than lose it. Lesson learnt after recovery.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ronkuns: 11:07am On Sep 16, 2015
Excellent7:

Don’t be too sure.
Move with caution.
Be mindful there has been recent NSE tradition with rights offers, in which the "market masquerade" tend to pull stock prices below the announced rights prices. If my memory did not fail me Oando, Access, and I think Diamond bank are recent instances.

Why then should one take up the rights since I could use same money to get the stock at cheaper prices? Just wondering anyway.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 16, 2015
My dea
Manonamission:

So market peaked on Monday instead. Market can not be timed cry Will watch till Thursday/Friday before taking my next decision. cool Better to jump in at the onset of a bull ride. If I miss it, I'll wait till the next cycle. I would rather sit on my cash than lose it. Lesson learnt after recovery.
Manonamission:

Hahaha. Na so I see my 11% return to 4%
At all at all na him worse pass.

I should have exit yesterday but I was so busy to observe the market. I placed a sell order trap but the price did not fall through by eod.

Better luck next time.

On another note- this TSA issue may affect the price of banking stock heavily. Fbn and zenith will be most affected by the policy. It is no longer business as usual. All fg institutions and parastatals ncluding nta, fed govt sec schools and major institutions including nnpc, customs, immigration were moved to CBN account yesterday.

Before now I know banks provide for 75% but now, even the 25% banks enjoy is no more. They are now paid processing fee which is n5 naira per 1000 naira collected . this is still attractive but cannot be compared to the float income the collecting banks have been enjoying- weekly and monthly.
State institutions likewise have started consolidating their accounts. In my very eyes, a state govt arm moved all their money from many banks to one bank (not CBN yet).

Heads will roll . time for plan b,c,d .....if you earn your pay from DMBs .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogajoe(m): 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
Chai There's God o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 12:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
mercylicious:
My dea

I should have exit yesterday but I was so busy to observe the market. I placed a sell order trap but the price did not fall through by eod.

Better luck next time.

On another note- this TSA issue may affect the price of banking stock heavily. Fbn and zenith will be most affected by the policy. It is no longer business as usual. All fg institutions and parastatals ncluding nta, fed govt sec schools and major institutions including nnpc, customs, immigration were moved to CBN account yesterday.

Before now I know banks provide for 75% but now, even the 25% banks enjoy is no more. They are now paid processing fee which is n5 naira per 1000 naira collected . this is still attractive but cannot be compared to the float income the collecting banks have been enjoying- weekly and monthly.
State institutions likewise have started consolidating their accounts. In my very eyes, a state govt arm moved all their money from many banks to one bank (not CBN yet).

It will have one week effect only before the bank will adapt.............The money in question is just $6.5Billion which is 10% of total money in banks..................Why the worry?.............

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
FannySwindler:
Ha-ha....No Smiling Teeth Yet Today. cool

grin..watching
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
mercylicious:
My dea

Better luck next time.

its not as bad as its being made to look....yesterday CBN sent a memo adjusting the CRR for private sector funds

trust our banks to get a lot more innovative and surely there will be loads of jobs losses...but better times ahead for the country as a whole!

CBN to refund CRR to ameliorate TSA outflow. TSA becomes neutral on banks. No more need for doom and gloom on this subject

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2015
feelamong:

its not as bad as its being made to look....yesterday CBN sent a memo adjusting the CRR for private sector funds

trust our banks to get a lot more innovative and surely there will be loads of jobs losses...but better times ahead for the country as a whole!

What is crr for private sector funds now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
mercylicious:
My dea

Better luck next time.

Thanks for this info.... I just offloaded my Zenith bank. I will keep FNBH cos I believe their large customer deposits will offset the immediate effect of TSA
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ronkuns:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/shareholders-approve-flour-mills-subsidiaries-merger-with-holdco/220371/

Shareholders Approve Flour Mills’ Subsidiaries Merger with HoldCo

"As a result, the company sought and obtained shareholders’ approval to raise its authorised share capital from its current N2 billion to N2.5billion and to thereafter, subject to regulatory approvals, issue additional shares by way of rights to existing shareholders on the basis of five new ordinary shares for every 12 ordinary shares held at N27.50 per share[i][/i]"

How realistic is the pricing of the rights, considering that the shares currently trade at about N23? Does this indicate that a bull run is imminent on FMN stock to drive the price above N27.50? Otherwise, the rights issue may not be taken up.

No body will be able to predict the direction of the market expecially the price movement of Fmn. If you are interested you can acquire the stock at the current price and never take your right. No matter what is happening around this stock and believe and I know it overcome all the challenges.

I brought at 34 before it novedived but I have managed to average down. This is for long run.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 1:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 1:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
myjoy08 why you no go market today?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
UBA no wan gree come back to bus stop o. We keep waiting
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
ihedioramma:
myjoy08 why you no go market today?.

Sir, we are here grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

I hope you will not wait too long Dr. Agba friend. That stock ehnnn...we are waiting for the alerts as usual for the payment of our interim dividend grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 2:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
grin
myjoy08:

Sir, we are here grin
i know you are here but why you no ji today now? gringrin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
ihedioramma:
;Di know you are here but why you no ji today now? gringrin

Sir, the market is yet to close grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
mercylicious:

What is crr for private sector funds now?

According to @RenCap the CRR has to be reduced to 23% (from 31%) to neutralise the impact of the TSA
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2015
Agbalowomeri:

That will take sometime...........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
angrybull:

No body will be able to predict the direction of the market expecially the price movement of Fmn. If you are interested you can acquire the stock at the current price and never take your right. No matter what is happening around this stock and believe and I know it overcome all the challenges.

I brought at 34 before it novedived but I have managed to average down. This is for long run.

I got my first batch @ N20:45 on 10th Sept a day after the WALL of JERICHO fell grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
PETERiCHY:

I got my first batch @ N20:45 on 10th Sept a day after the WALL of JERICHO fell grin

That's is perfect timing Bros . I believe this stock will create new millionaires in the long long grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 2:52pm On Sep 16, 2015
myjoy08:

Sir, the market is yet to close grin
and is close now, i did not see your hand why?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
Bnsitl that guy above angrybull has no portfolio

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
Agbalowomeri:
Bnsitl that guy above angrybull has no portfolio

Lol,,,,the guy just look at the price list and pick the 52 week low price to boost his OcToPuS can pick the bottom grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
Peterichy, come defend yourself here. Is it a coincidence that you buy oando at a perfect support price and now you said you brought fmn at its perfect support price too.

Are you a magician or just fooling us?

Oga Peterichy do you actually have portfolio?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DeRuggedProf, sentoms, IYGEAL(m), LixSz, Olaide1295, egojeny1(f), Bagwa and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.