Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10902117 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by joseph1013: 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
manie:
Are you a disciple of Graham and Buffet?. Have you read Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham, Security Analysis by Benjamin Graham and David Dodd?
Yeah, I have read the books. They were amongst the first five books Dexter recommended for me. Great content on Quora too. I spend alot of time there.

I can say I disobey Graham and Buffett for quick gains sometimes though. This market can make do with that in some ways.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by hbrednic: 5:10pm On Sep 20, 2015
manie:
I know the stock sold higher than N35, I stopped monitoring the stock when it crossed the N30 mark. Can you post the date when Costain sold fot N86

My record on 18/6/08

Costain
price 24.69k
1yr high 86,38k
-71%

the date falls btw 18/6 /07 - 18/6/08

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
ihedioramma:
what happen to it? or the thing over sweet you?.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
joseph1013:
LOL...Sire, again I bring no trouble. And I'm a nobody in the grand scheme of things. I think though that investment is not by how long you've been present or even by age. Pray tell, what experience did Buffett or Graham have when they started and how old were they? But then, what do I know!
you are coming down now. the thing you know thats what am asking you? for the two example you gave me go back to that two books read well how they start, the years it take them to the top? if you reply well, i will wellcome you on monday but are you not old member with new name now?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
manie:
You will definitely make a career in the comedy industry. I think when he started investing is of little or no importance, the most important factor that will aid his success in the investment world is the willingness to learn from the mistakes of the older investors.
that is it .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
[quote author=angrybull post=38204771][/quote]Who is this man and how do you got his pic? but is he a nigerian?.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yenime1(m): 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
Please do you have any idea on how to get the financial statements of quoted companies online?

Like a website or something..?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 5:33pm On Sep 20, 2015
For BGL fans

Federal Court discharges Ex-Parte order obtained by BGL Plc, Reaffirms SEC Suspension

www.proshareng.com/news/28638.html
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by joseph1013: 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
Yenime1:
Please do you have any idea on how to get the financial statements of quoted companies online?

Like a website or something..?
NSE website is an archive for such. For quick view, I use Capital Assets website.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
How can one trade the three stocks listed on premium Dancem, FBHN, & Zenith
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by joseph1013: 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
ogoo4real:
How can one trade the three stocks listed on premium Dancem, FBHN, & Zenith
Are you on Morgan Capital iTrade platform? If yes, when you're on the 'market view' tab, you'll see the 'All Board' dropdown button, click it and choose Premium. The three stocks will come up. You should be able to take it from there and trade like you do others.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
joseph1013:
Are you on Morgan Capital iTrade platform? If yes, when you're on the 'market view' tab, you'll see the 'All Board' dropdown button, click it and choose Premium. The three stocks will come up.
When they come up, how do u place buy/sell order please.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by joseph1013: 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2015
ogoo4real:

When they come up, how do u place buy/sell order please.
Do you trade on iTrade? If not, my explanations won't work.

There is 'Orders' on the Live trade page, you simply pick BUY or SELL from it and bid or offer as the case may be.

Can be a lil confusing to get around if it's your first time though. But it's quite easy.

Let me know if you need some further help.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
joseph1013:
Do you trade on iTrade? If not, my explanations won't work.

There is 'Orders' on the Live trade page, you simply pick BUY or SELL from it and bid or offer as the case may be.

Can be a lil confusing to get around if it's your first time though. But it's quite easy.

Let me know if you need some further help.
I trade with itrade, when I open the buy order, on the symbol drop down, the three stocks don't show their. That's the prob.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by joseph1013: 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
ogoo4real:

I trade with itrade, when I open the buy order, on the symbol drop down, the three stocks don't show their. That's the prob.
That's because the 'Market Segment' is still 'EQTY'. You need to change it to 'PREMIUM'.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
This should help.

Click the Market segment and chose Premium

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogoo4real: 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
joseph1013:
That's because the 'Market Segment' is still 'EQTY'. You need to change it to 'PREMIUM'.

Hope that helps.
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
Pls have anyone received the last FBNH bonus.......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 9:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
Nigerian Stocks and their All Time High...

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 11:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
Elai147:
So much which prices goes dat high again.LOL. life would look like its in movie.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cornwall: 7:19am On Sep 21, 2015
MPC. smiley

While some anticipate CRR decrease, we must take into consideration CBN's tight monetary policy. Is the TSA only to drive transparency and fight corruption, might currency depreciation not be the fundamental issue underlying this move by the CBN? A 20% CRR?? Let's wait and see...

...but our concern should be the impact on the stock market if the reduction is below expectation. I guess we already know the answer. wink

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cornwall: 7:23am On Sep 21, 2015
fajuyi59:

I dont think its wavering. The movement has been sluggish all along. Like 2-3% everyday. Only problem is shareholders who have had some significant gains may want to take their money and run, stock price crashes.

You think it will be headed up this week bah? cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cornwall: 7:36am On Sep 21, 2015
Elai147:

Really interesting to note that apart from GTbank the only other stocks (trading before 2008) that outperformed the index (06/02/2015) were all in consumer goods...

In other words, the negative impact to your portfolio now had you not sold from say 2007 till date (06/02/2015) would have been relatively minimal if you had only such stocks as NESTLE and INTBREW

but what is more interesting to note is if you had in your portfolio only NSEASI you would have done far much better compared to having only FBNH in your portfolio!!! shocked

It also shows that the NSEASI was simply buoyed by the fresh listing of companies. lipsrsealed

Conclusively without being assertive, if the NSEASI were to reach its 2008 peak of 66,371 (according to Elia147's table) it would not carry along other 'failed stocks' with it to reach their old prices (that is towards overall recovery) it simply would do so (that is progress) on the back of CONSUMER GOODS and mainly new listings i.e. TELECOMS and DEPOSITARY RECEIPTS. smiley

*top performers like Dangcem are noted

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 21, 2015
ihedioramma:
Who is this man and how do you got his pic? but is he a nigerian?.

ihedioramma:
if you cant understand that proverb you are too small for this room(not up to).

ihedioramma:
say what is good and dont come here to do any how . this room is a holy room is not just as the room you are coming out from . but who are you ? what time did you start to invest in nse? what of your age so i can know if you are up to in this room?.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:12am On Sep 21, 2015
Krisuba:

So much which prices goes dat high again.LOL. life would look like its in movie.
Chai..... See Jegede Oil @N15 and BecoPet @N4 grin grin grin
Lesson learnt.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fajuyi59: 9:12am On Sep 21, 2015
cornwall:

You think it will be headed up this week bah? cool

I remember a statement in the movie, "Wolf Of Wall Street". A character said 'Nobody know which direction a stock is gonna go, i don't care if you're Warren Buffet, or Jimmy Buffet, Up,Down,Sideways or in ******* circles'.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fajuyi59: 9:26am On Sep 21, 2015
Elai147:

Wow,just insane. N7 stock now trading at 70 kobo, Cant help but feel sorry for those who bought at that price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cornwall: 9:54am On Sep 21, 2015
fajuyi59:

I remember a statement in the movie, "Wolf Of Wall Street". A character said 'Nobody know which direction a stock is gonna go, i don't care if you're Warren Buffet, or Jimmy Buffet, Up,Down,Sideways or in ******* circles'.
grin grin grin
Fugazi!!!
Movie was hilarious! I think it was actually the fat funny one that made that quote, the one that talks like adam sandler...

i am looking to reinforce my reasons for holding the stock any longer. sad

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fajuyi59: 10:03am On Sep 21, 2015
cornwall:

grin grin grin
Fugazi!!!
Movie was hilarious! I think it was actually the fat funny one that made that quote, the one that talks like adam sandler...

i am looking to reinforce my reasons for holding the stock any longer. sad

Lol@Fugazi, that movie is awesome.

No one is sure of anything.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 10:20am On Sep 21, 2015
mercylicious:

my sister how market?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 10:48am On Sep 21, 2015
Hmmm. Empty house!! Is it furious trading or bear tension,! Situation reports please !!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by makashava(m): 10:52am On Sep 21, 2015
COULD ANYONE IN THE HOUSE PLS REVIEW AND ANALYSE OANDO IF IT'S OK FOR A BUY AND HOLD SHORTTERM WISE. THANKS

(1) (2) (3) ... (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ginalex(f), unite4real, Toluway, Princkez, Curiouscity(m), drotba(m), abimcdssi and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.