Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10874212 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
angrybull:
Skye bank to pay 4b naira fine

Less than two weeks after it sanctioned two major banks for flouting Federal Government directives on Treasury Single Account, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has  imposed a fine of N4 billion on Skye Bank for concealing funds belonging to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tsa-cbn-fines-skye-bank-n4bn-for-concealing-mdas-funds/225038/

First I must confess I wasn't patient to finish reading this story. The much I read however clearly pointed to a deliberate and fraudulent attempt at concealment of the said funds and false declaration of figures. Yet I didn't see any mention of anybody from both the bank and the MDAs involved being picked up by security for qestioning. Perharps a carry over from my law enforcement background, I am a stickler for rules, compliance and discipline, and I think some person(s) are getting away with this too cheaply with just fines. It's high time we stopped playing hide and seek with fraud in this country.

This is negative for the skye stock, given that we're already fleeing from the looming dilution from capital raising.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
grin cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 4:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
THANKS MY OGAS.....Angry bull, mercylicious, others too many to mention

Please I need answer for these questions

If I have some units of FBNH , UBA etc with One stockbroker, and I changed my stockbroker to another stockbroker but retain some units with the old stockbroker.....If I decide to buy units of FBNH,UBA etc with my new stockbroker

My questions are....
1.How will my total unit of shares in FBNH,UBA etc be ratify by the CSCS and the different Registrars?

2. How will my dividend and bonuses be paid knowing I have different stockbrokers?

3. If I want to fill an e-dividend mandate and e-bonuses forms...how many units of shares should I fill ,knowing I have different units in different stockbrokers?

4. Do I need to open a new CSCS account or I should use the former CSCS account?

Thanks for answering my 1-4 questions .

Am waiting patiently for your answers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 4:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
cool grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
Chibuking81:
I hope the agitation of IPOB (INDEPENDENT PEOPLE OF BIAFRA) will not affect Nigeria stock exchange market. Even this one foreign investors are taking their money away.
IPOB is a non issue. We have other useful things to worry about as a country but definitely not BIAFRA.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 5:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
Chibuking81:
Nigeria has three arms of government, executive, legislation and judicial. ( Executive: President Muhammadu Buhari, from North West ) ( Legislation: "upper chamber" Senate President, Sen. Bokora Saraki, from North central, "lower chamber" speaker of the house, Hon. Dogora, from North East ) ( Judicial: justice Mohammed, from the north west) all the three arms are occupied by the northern, also (SGF from North) (chief of staff also from North) ( INEC chairman North) some time I begin to ask, are we still one Nigeria?. Hope this one sided post will not affect stock exchange negatively.
Bros, even you? Well that's the beauty of democracy. The first three were Democratically elected while the latter three were appointed. So what's the fuss all about?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ettybaba(m): 6:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
Chibuking81:
Nigeria has three arms of government, executive, legislation and judicial. ( Executive: President Muhammadu Buhari, from North West ) ( Legislation: "upper chamber" Senate President, Sen. Bokora Saraki, from North central, "lower chamber" speaker of the house, Hon. Dogora, from North East ) ( Judicial: justice Mohammed, from the north west) all the three arms are occupied by the northern, also (SGF from North) (chief of staff also from North) ( INEC chairman North) some time I begin to ask, are we still one Nigeria?. Hope this one sided post will not affect stock exchange negatively.
Your post reeked of hypocrisy and tranchery.
Where were you when igbo rep elects supported Dogara a Northerner against Femi Gbajabiamila a Southerner from Lagos a city where no igbo man has ever been killed in a ethnic/tribal war as against what happens in the North to become the speaker of the house of rep?
Biafra is a fraud. Tell Igbo governors and ministers to stop attending meetings in Abuja and collecting monthly allocations for a start. Igbos residing in Lagos and Kano should also be told to leave those places and travel home.
Until that happens, discerning Nigerians will continue to see those agitating for biafra as street urchins, irresponsible people, 419s, hypocrites and miscreants.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
Ettybaba, chibuking81 and 9free, plz don't derail this tread. You can kindly create a tread or go to relevant section to post this. Thanks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
Will 2016 be a bullish year or will the bear continue unchallenged? Now that Buhari's cabinet is in place, will economic policies be clearer, will contracts be awarded, will money flow freely in the system, will foreign investors storm the market, wiil security improve, will oil price ...

What are your expectations for 2016?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 8:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
megainvest:
Will 2016 be a bullish year or will the bear continue unchallenged? Now that Buhari's cabinet is in place, will economic policies be clearer, will contracts be awarded, will money flow freely in the system, will foreign investors storm the market, wiil security improve, will oil price ...

8 Trillion Budget for 2016 will definitely spur growth..................
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 8:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
megainvest:

Nwanna, biko dem don share portfolios?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 9:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
Youngzedd:
Treasury Single Account: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn
Can skye bank pay this money or die like afribank? #0.70?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
ihedioramma:
Can skye bank pay this money or die like afribank? #0.70?
My Bishop, they have paid oh..... CBN deducted directly from source.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 10:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=9free post=39819371]
GOD help us.i curse long term investment strategy!! How long will one wait to bail out considerin dat i bought 4.8.chei
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by alexo68(m): 10:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
Chai,this N4bn would come out of the profit for YE2014.Investment is always a risky play,nobody knows what might happened,look at Volkswagen with their emissions scandal shareholders equity has been diluted.It shows anywhere in the world shareholders are the people who carry the can.Thread carefully in your investment decisions and nothing like a free lunch.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by myjoy084: 1:58am On Nov 09, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:49am On Nov 09, 2015
9free:

My Bishop, they have paid oh..... CBN deducted directly from source.
i see . so they will go down more this week?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:54am On Nov 09, 2015
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:55am On Nov 09, 2015
myjoy084:
Buhari Will Swear-In Ministers On Wednesday...

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0SX0EP20151108

http://news.yahoo.com/nigerias-buhari-swear-ministers-wednesday-presidency-statement-115102997.html

Have a bullish new week!
thank's same to you . nigerian u17 win world cup today 2-0 to mali this is five times . This week go sweet no be small . one love .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 8:50am On Nov 09, 2015
Oil markets will continue to be oversupplied for as long as five years as producers in the Middle East ramp up output, according to Mohammed Al-Shatti, Kuwait’s representative to the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.

Iraq pumped a record 4.4 million barrels a day in June, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Libyan output, which has declined by more than half due to conflict, can return "at any moment," Al-Shatti said in an interview Saturday in Doha.

Iran has the capacity to boost exports by 500,000 barrels a day within one week of sanctions being lifted and by 1 million a day within six months, Roknoddin Javadi, managing director of state-run National Iranian Oil Co., said last month.

"Lower prices will continue until the glut in the market ends," Al-Shatti said. "Many countries are expected to increase production. Iranian crude is expected to return and that means an increase in production."

Demand isn’t expected to absorb the extra capacity and it will take shifts in supply to affect prices, he said. Al-Shatti said geopolitical disruptions or reduced future output because of the 30 percent fall in capital expenditure by oil companies could cause an increase.

[http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-07/kuwait-sees-oil-glut-of-up-to-five-years-on-increasing-supply]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:39am On Nov 09, 2015
Bros Peter.

Oando just hit N8 and its not slowing down.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 10:12am On Nov 09, 2015
PETERiCHY:
Oil markets will continue to be oversupplied for as long as five years as producers in the Middle East ramp up output, according to Mohammed Al-Shatti, Kuwait’s representative to the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.

Iraq pumped a record 4.4 million barrels a day in June, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Libyan output, which has declined by more than half due to conflict, can return "at any moment," Al-Shatti said in an interview Saturday in Doha.

Iran has the capacity to boost exports by 500,000 barrels a day within one week of sanctions being lifted and by 1 million a day within six months, Roknoddin Javadi, managing director of state-run National Iranian Oil Co., said last month.

"Lower prices will continue until the glut in the market ends," Al-Shatti said. "Many countries are expected to increase production. Iranian crude is expected to return and that means an increase in production."

Demand isn’t expected to absorb the extra capacity and it will take shifts in supply to affect prices, he said. Al-Shatti said geopolitical disruptions or reduced future output because of the 30 percent fall in capital expenditure by oil companies could cause an increase.

[http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-07/kuwait-sees-oil-glut-of-up-to-five-years-on-increasing-supply]
Brother, these things you're posting to some extent are welcome, for they help us to err on the side of caution.
But it needs be pointed out that all the scary stuff are the reason oando is selling at the present levels and not N50+.
The market is done pricing them in, so I would tone down the scare mongering and alarmism if I were you.
Everything thing in moderation. No vex o.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 10:17am On Nov 09, 2015
OBAGADAFFI:
Bros Peter.

Oando just hit N8 and its not slowing down.

Investors are so fickle minded!

They forget everything and remember nothing

We go still make money this year whether Wale tinubu agree or not cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:33am On Nov 09, 2015
feelamong:

Investors are so fickle minded!

They forget everything and remember nothing

We go still make money this year whether Wale tinubu agree or not cheesy

Lie,

Investors have been making profits from Oando from week.

They are not fickle minded, but brave warriors.

Most analysis don't work on the stock market.

Go watch wolf of wall street.

It all about demand and supply.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 10:45am On Nov 09, 2015
OBAGADAFFI:

I watched that movie at the weekend. That dude is a smooth talker like Wale Tinubu.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 10:47am On Nov 09, 2015
OANDOOOOOOOOOOO. Oga Constant Links, come pay your tithe oh
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Justcul(m): 11:01am On Nov 09, 2015
Good morning all, Pls i need Morgan capital's customercare e-mail address.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dumexoga: 11:06am On Nov 09, 2015
Honestly, if you have money this is the place to be. When people are making money, some people are busy shouting wolf wolf. In life you try to maximize every opportunity. I read some peoples post that says, they are leaving the stock market to come back next year. Its all good, stock market doesnt even know if they are around or not. When people are making millions here, others are analyzing. Bull make money, bear also make money. As for the serious minded ones with good cash, let's go ahead and make this money.
Have a profitable day
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 11:07am On Nov 09, 2015
OBAGADAFFI:

Lie,

Investor have been making profits from Oando from week.

They are not fickle minded, but brave warriors.

Most analysis don't work on the stock market.

It all about demand and supply.

bros we dey talk the same thing na..

some bought at 9 and sold off at 5.99...

anyway investors always do the same mistakes...

but then all na strategy..whatever works for one is ok!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:19am On Nov 09, 2015
feelamong:

bros we dey talk the same thing na..

some bought at 9 and sold off at 5.99...

anyway investors always do the same mistakes...

but then all na strategy..whatever works for one is ok!

You forgot some investors bought ;
Oando @ N6.01 on OCT 29,

And sold @N7.72 on NOV 5

Oya calculate the profits. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:29am On Nov 09, 2015
Dumexoga:
Honestly, if you have money this is the place to be. When people are making money, some people are busy shouting wolf wolf. In life you try to maximize every opportunity. I read some peoples post that says, they are leaving the stock market to come back next year. Its all good, stock market doesnt even know if they are around or not. When people are making millions here, others are analyzing. Bull make money, bear also make money cool cool cool. As for the serious minded ones with good cash, let's go ahead and make this money.
Have a profitable day

Just imagin buying 200,000 units @ 6.01
and selling @N8.5

That more than N2 profit on each share.

And some people are running negative analysis here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kwibaba(m), oludy, emmasoft(m), joedguy and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.