Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,823 members, 7,862,711 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:06 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11077975 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) ... (7818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mfunkynation:
@Intendy, Please in the e-dividend form for Africa Prudential Registrar
It asks for Shareholders Account No. (if known)... what account is that?
is it CSCS Account No?

kindly help out
it means your shareholding account of the respective stock.
leave that to them.don't write anything if you don't know it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 3:44pm On Mar 16, 2016
megainvest:
How to lose money in NSE: Panic sell when everybody is selling then turn around to panic buy when everybody else is buying.

I think the reason we are all clicking 'like' to this post (I clicked one),
is because it resonates with our own panicky experiences.
"Fear not" or "Be greedy when others are fearful" is easier said than done.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
Alot want to make money but are blinded by sentiments which kept them from seeing the bigger picture.

Put yourself in the place of a foreign investor that has a fund of $1m.

FG with all their sincerity is telling you the worth of your fund is N199m while on the other hand the guy on the street is telling you the worth of that same fund is worth N320m.

In your mind you will definitely know that one of the party is lying.

In addition when you are ready to exit the same FG that said their rate is N199 per USD will now turn around to tell you its not available.

Now tell me who is deceiving who

The above scenerio is one of the major economy malady Nigeria is currently facing.

So let's stop being myopic and know who the liar is here.

*ThE OcToPuS*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iyb(m): 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2016
guys please do registrars get your signature automatically from your stockbrokers or do you have to request they send it to the registrars manually
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by courage89(m): 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mfunkynation:
@Intendy, Please in the e-dividend form for Africa Prudential Registrar
It asks for Shareholders Account No. (if known)... what account is that?
is it CSCS Account No?

kindly help out

Intendy:

It seems the bank will not process your e-dividend application if you don't provide them with the shareholders account number. They will reject your application. How do you resolve this issue, most especially when you don't know your shareholders account number?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2016
Intendy:

Thankz.. pls wat d one on veritas registrars.., should i leave it blank?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mfunkynation:
Thankz.. pls wat d one on veritas registrars.., should i leave it blank?
same
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RedCapChief(m): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
iyb:
guys please do registrars get your signature automatically from your stockbrokers or do you have to request they send it to the registrars manually
They don't get the signature automatically. This should not be the ideal thing but, in real life, you have to ask your broker to complete your share transfer form and send your signature.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
courage89:

It seems the bank will not process your e-dividend application if you don't provide them with the shareholders account number. They will your application. How do you resolve this issue, most especially when you don't know your shareholders account number?
it is better to go tru registrars.
just make sure your bank attest to it that you own the bank account with them.
then take it and scan it to the registrars yourself if you are not privilege to go to their office
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2016
RedCapChief:

They don't get the signature automatically. This should not be the ideal thing but, in real life, you have to ask you broker to complete your share transfer form and send your signature.

very correct
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RedCapChief(m): 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
Manie, Intendy et al, are there any benefits to be gained from attending AGMs? Maybe business connections and insider gist.
It would be a total bore for me to just go there, eat meatpie and see Jim Ovia's face
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 4:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
RedCapChief:
Manie, Intendy et al, are there any benefits to be gained from attending AGMs? Maybe business connections and insider gist.
It would be a total bore for me to just go there, eat meatpie and see Jim Ovia's face

Truth is I hardly go but it's good cause you get to have answers to some good questions raised and you as well could ask.
But most don't know why they are their except for the food and gift you mentioned above.
and the so called shareholders association have ridiculed it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iyb(m): 4:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
RedCapChief:

They don't get the signature automatically. This should not be the ideal thing but, in real life, you have to ask your broker to complete your share transfer form and send your signature.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 5:01pm On Mar 16, 2016
zendi:

Some people bot tiger at 0.88 about 2 months ago and now sold at 3.
I'm not one of them o. I jijoed mine away prematurely.
But what we'er saying is, market don die, market don die, yet history keeps returning
with mega loot opportunities such as we also saw in seplat and oando.

Bear in mind that same tiger brand aka Dangote Floormill once sold for N58 in 2007.

OANDO sold above N300 Same 2007

While SEPLAT traded N720 about 20months ago.

So try as much as possible to balance the equation and dont be deceieved by those shouting gain gain gain everyday albeit one just died.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 5:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
PETERiCHY:

Bear in mind that same tiger brand aka Dangote Floormill once sold for N58 in 2007.

So try as much as possible to balance the equation and dont be deceieved by those shouting gain gain gain everyday albeit one just died.
This is the more reason I pity any long term investor in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 5:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
PETERiCHY:
Alot want to make money but are blinded by sentiments which kept them from seeing the bigger picture.

Put yourself in the place of a foreign investor that has a fund of $1m.

FG with all their sincerity is telling you the worth of your fund is N199m while on the other hand the guy on the street is telling you the worth of that same fund is worth N320m.

In your mind you will definitely know that one of the party is lying.

In addition when you are ready to exit the same FG that said their rate is N199 per USD will now turn around to tell you its not available.

Now tell me who is deceiving who

The above scenerio is one of the major economy malady Nigeria is currently facing.

So let's stop being myopic and know who the liar is here.

*ThE OcToPuS*

So if the CBN devalues the Naira to 320 and 2 weeks later speculators reduced the value of the Naira to 570 at the parallel market, should we devalue again to N570?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 5:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
PETERiCHY:

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
jarkbauer:

So if the CBN devalues the Naira to 320 and 2 weeks later speculators reduced the value of the Naira to 570 at the parallel market, should we devalue again to N570?

It's a no rocket science that when is crystal clear that a country can no longer defend it currency, they simply devalue or free float their currency instead of suffocating their economy.
RUSSIA, KAZAKHSTAN, AZERBAIJAN and even EGYPT did theirs recently but any country that want to live in self denial should go and learn from the VENEZUELA experience.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
PETERiCHY:

Well, even costain once in 2008 sold at around N80. What of Nahco ?
A friend told me that his Nahco was rising and rising until 'afraid catch him'........how can money making be so easy?
So he started begging his broker to sell, that he had had enough, please.
But the broker laughed and told him that the thing, by then around N50, had not even gone anywhere.
In those heady days, stockbroking marketers were going to Onitsha market to tell traders to stop wasting time and bring the money to the stock market for quick multiplication.
But in my post you quoted, I'm talking about traders operating under today's market conditions.
Thank God we have better monitoring tools today to watch over our trades the way you nurse a baby.
So you dont buy and go to sleep.
I know a fellow who is still sitting on 1 million units of Japaul he bought at around N10 in those heydays.
If you are into buy and hold investing please make sure its a dividend paying stock so that if upsides dont come,
dividend will be coming.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2016
PETERiCHY:

It's a no rocket science that when is crystal clear that a country can no longer defend it currency, they simply devalue or free float their currency instead of suffocating their economy.
RUSSIA, KAZAKHSTAN, AZERBAIJAN and even EGYPT did theirs recently but any country that want to live in self denial should go and learn from the VENEZUELA experience.

I guess you are paid in dollars in your UAE. Anyway all the countries you mentioned have started some kind of currency control. Egypt devalued by 13% you are calling for 100% devaluation. Do you know the effects this will have on people?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
tdollar17:
Want an Extra Income, Invest N3,000 only and make N120,000 monthly Guaranteed

Fraud Alert

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by iyb(m): 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
tdollar17:
Want an Extra Income, Invest N3,000 only and make N120,000 monthly Guaranteed
Really then by now you should be a billionaire angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:50pm On Mar 16, 2016
jarkbauer:

I guess you are paid in dollars in your UAE. Anyway all the countries you mentioned have started some kind of currency control. Egypt devalued by 13% you are calling for 100% devaluation. Do you know the effects this will have on people?

So is it now better Nigerians go through the VENEZUELA experience?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 7:16pm On Mar 16, 2016
PETERiCHY:

So is it now better Nigerians go through the VENEZUELA experience?

If you call this Venezuela experience, good for you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 7:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
Sometimes profits on NSE are Air-profits, not paper profits. It disappears into the air just like breathe

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 8:25pm On Mar 16, 2016
jarkbauer:

If you call this Venezuela experience, good for you

Guy just ignore this prophet of doom and solipsist @PETERICHY...Nothing good, encouraging and optimistic in his comments..He should just shussh his mouth because even in downturn millionaires are still made. So, it depends on what you SEE....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jarkbauer: 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2016
Coolcash1:

Guy just ignore this prophet of doom and solipsist @PETERICHY...Nothing good, encouraging and optimistic in his comments..He should just shussh his mouth because even in downturn millionaires are still made. So, it depends on what you SEE....

Correct... Silence is the best answer for a..... grin wiseman grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
PETERiCHY:

and how are the above countries now better than Nigeria after devaluing?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 9:23pm On Mar 16, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (1420) (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) ... (7818) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: eudoh940(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.