Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10943196 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) ... (7773) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ORAGBON(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2016
First Registrars.Dont know if they have posted out dividend
jp130:
Plz hu knws fidelity registras n av received dia dividend tro post?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 9:33am On May 17, 2016
ORAGBON:

Still waiting for my access n zenith divident warrant, had any received his by post??or my landlord don hijack the something!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bolabiyi: 9:38am On May 17, 2016
Krisuba:

Still waiting for my access n zenith divident warrant, had any received his by post??or my landlord don hijack the something!!!
grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 10:37am On May 17, 2016
I TOT DEY AV PAID OUT DIA DIVIDEND. D POST OFFICE MAN SAID DEY AV NT RECEIVE DIVIDEND WARANTS YET FRM FIRSTREGISTRARS

ORAGBON:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Primetech(m): 10:38am On May 17, 2016
Quiet morning...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by willyede(m): 10:48am On May 17, 2016
red light district everywhere
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 10:54am On May 17, 2016
willyede:
red light district everywhere

Just got out of FCMB... I think it is the Pre MPC blues... once they announce devaluation many places should go green
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:11am On May 17, 2016
NuttyChoky:

Just got out of FCMB... I think it is the Pre MPC blues... once they announce devaluation many places should go green

Coming in again maybe difficult. I wanted to get out when it got to around 1.34 planning to re-enter again. But you never can predict the news that may just come out of the blues. I have been monitoring GTB and Zenith for a while now. The gap between the two stocks used to be N4. GTB is holding firm at 19.5 and may likely hit 20 soon. The men in black are really not yet back, you can then imagine when they hit the market.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:20am On May 17, 2016
I'm I the only one that ran out of Oando this morning?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by forbes30: 11:35am On May 17, 2016
PETERiCHY:
"Sell in MAY and GO AWAY, else remain in the market at own PERiL"

*ThE OcToPuS*

.....does this still hold true.....?...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 11:35am On May 17, 2016
rebekah2011:

Coming in again maybe difficult. I wanted to get out when it got to around 1.34 planning to re-enter again. But you never can predict the news that may just come out of the blues. I have been monitoring GTB and Zenith for a while now. The gap between the two stocks used to be N4. GTB is holding firm at 19.5 and may likely hit 20 soon. The men in black are really not yet back, you can then imagine when they hit the market.

Just afraid of the MPC outcome (read: to lose money)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 11:37am On May 17, 2016
UBA on a one-man army show. Oando doing some crazy swings.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 11:41am On May 17, 2016
When is the MPC meeting taking place?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:44am On May 17, 2016
angelo82:
When is the MPC meeting taking place?

23rd - 24th May
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 11:47am On May 17, 2016
yrmybank:

23rd - 24th May

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:58am On May 17, 2016
Primetech:
Quiet morning...

profit taking
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:07pm On May 17, 2016
NuttyChoky:

Just afraid of the MPC outcome (read: to lose money)

at least its most likely interest rate will be adjusted upward.

but the key concern is d current fx policy ! What will CBN do this time around?

- adjust peg (N240/$ , N290/$, ??/$)
- float the currency
- adopt a dual exchange rate
- increase the current band
- or do nothing

The market mood expects something to give this time around.

what do u guys think ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:20pm On May 17, 2016
https://www.proshareng.com/news/Regulators/NSE-Proposes-Amendment-to-its-Rules-on-Pricing-Methodology/31119

Summary of the Proposed Amendments

The Exchange has considered the constraints of the current definition and practice of “one size-fits-all” price movement (One (1) Kobo) for all equity securities trading on The Exchange and has researched the tick size regulation in other leading jurisdictions. The inquiries revealed that most advanced markets do not adopt a “one size-fits-all” tick size for all equity securities. Consequently, The Exchange is proposing the following amendments to Rule 15.29: Pricing Methodology:

(i) The classification of equities into groups for calculating price movements and price limits shall be as follows:

Group A: equities priced at N100.00 per share or above. 2 Authorised Use Only – PUBLIC

Group B: equities priced at N5.00 per share or above but less than N100.00 per share.

Group C: equities priced at N 0.01 per share or above but below N5.00 per share.

(ii) The minimum quantity of equities traded that will change the published price of an equity security shall be as follows:

(A) Group A: Ten Thousand (10,000) units (presently 50,000 units).

(B) Group B: Fifty Thousand (50,000) units (presently, 10,000 units).

(C) Group C: One Hundred Thousand (100,000) units (newly introduced).

(iii) The introduction of tick size, which is the minimum price movement that equities will trade shall be as follows:

(A) Group A: Ten (10) Kobo.

(B) Group B: Five (5) Kobo.

(D) Group C: One (1) Kobo.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 1:06pm On May 17, 2016
Godisfaithful:
Planned Strike: Industrial Court Grants AGF’s Request, Restrains NLC

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/05/17/nigerias-attorney-general-sues-nlc-planned-strike/

BREAKING: Court stops NLC planned strike

http://www.punchng.com/court-stops-nlc-planned-strike/

Is this the politics thread? If the news was the other way round and I posted it now, some people would have been foaming in the mouth...The truth cannot be hidden no matter what.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 1:27pm On May 17, 2016
https://www.proshareng.com/news/Investors%20NewsBeat/Why-Oando-Plc-s-2015-Audited-Statements-will-be-released-on-May-31,-2016-/31116
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:30pm On May 17, 2016
UCAP
Next stop is N2
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 1:30pm On May 17, 2016
Intendy:
https://www.proshareng.com/news/Investors%20NewsBeat/Why-Oando-Plc-s-2015-Audited-Statements-will-be-released-on-May-31,-2016-/31116

ghen ghen !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 17, 2016
oya, my ogas , who will analyse the impact of this stopped strike on the market...
cc. Godisfaithful, 9free, myjoy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by myjoy084: 2:11pm On May 17, 2016
valacious:
oya, my ogas , who will analyse the impact of this stopped strike on the market...
cc. Godisfaithful, 9free, myjoy

Godisfaithful is presently banned after posting the update news about the strike grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 2:29pm On May 17, 2016
Dragonking:
Is this the politics thread? If the news was the other way round and I posted it now, some people would have been foaming in the mouth...The truth cannot be hidden no matter what.

That post is more relevant here than anywhere else.
It has to do with official/business activities in the country and I wouldn't know what's more relevant to investing than that.
Among other things, it updates us on the likelihood of trading tomorrow or not.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:31pm On May 17, 2016
myjoy084:

Godisfaithful is presently banned after posting the update news about the strike grin

Nor worry we will soon ban this your hybrid of Myjoy grin

We warned you to sell in May and come back in December

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by betcindy: 3:34pm On May 17, 2016
No one in the house,everywhere is calm.what's up with my fidelity Why did u go red naah
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fulfillment2020(m): 3:45pm On May 17, 2016
Profit takers everywhere. angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 17, 2016
myjoy084:

Mail the mods shaperly
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 3:57pm On May 17, 2016
Dragonking:

Dking takam easy now............
Even Jonathan don forget all about d election and don embrace change.
Sotey monikers come get mouths wey dey foam.
Na waa o !

(1) (2) (3) ... (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) ... (7773) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Alaadin(m), Boshins, Babynerd, spido(m), Bukkydudu, yMcy56(f), EDUECO(m), Palomadove, freeman67, dangle, sterlingD(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.