Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10841896 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) ... (7740) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 20, 2016
Manonamission:

Oga yrmybank, the MPC meeting holds on Monday and Tuesday. The outcome of that meeting will have an effect on the market especially the banks. It will be wise not to jump in on Monday.

Oando's record breaking loss is expected on or before 31st May (about a week from Monday). The company has warned us severally about this huge loss. No one knows if the warning and the subsequent market reaction have been exaggerated or not. Better to wait till the release date (it is at hand) and determine if it was exaggerated or not. Some might gamble by taking position ahead of the release of the result but I won't advise that. Those that bought well below current price have a good buffer. OPEC meeting is 2nd June but I don't expect any significant positive effect on the market (Iran has got serious beef for Saudi Arabia).

I prefer Afriprud to UCAP at current prices. Market expectation of an interim dividend should drive this stock next month.

With this few lines of mine, I hope I have succeeded in confusing you. grin tongue

grin my Oga, you did justice to my question. Exactly the sort of analysis I was hoping to hear. Thanks boss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by spicytayomic(m): 10:48pm On May 20, 2016
Manonamission:

Oga yrmybank, the MPC meeting holds on Monday and Tuesday. The outcome of that meeting will have an effect on the market especially the banks. It will be wise not to jump in on Monday.

Oando's record breaking loss is expected on or before 31st May (about a week from Monday). The company has warned us severally about this huge loss. No one knows if the warning and the subsequent market reaction have been exaggerated or not. Better to wait till the release date (it is at hand) and determine if it was exaggerated or not. Some might gamble by taking position ahead of the release of the result but I won't advise that. Those that bought well below current price have a good buffer. OPEC meeting is 2nd June but I don't expect any significant positive effect on the market (Iran has got serious beef for Saudi Arabia).

I prefer Afriprud to UCAP at current prices. Market expectation of an interim dividend should drive this stock next month.

With this few lines of mine, I hope I have succeeded in confusing you. grin tongue

One like from me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 12:24am On May 21, 2016
WARNING: Why The Latest GDP Numbers Could Be Bad, Very Bad http://nairametrics.com/warning-why-the-latest-gdp-numbers-could-be-bad-very-bad/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nereiskc(m): 8:05am On May 21, 2016
coconuthead:
Elephant going for 3.86. All indicators showing SELL. Joined at 3.68. Should i alight now or wait till next week

My brother, I strongly advise u to hang on tight cos FBNH AGM is on 26th of this month & Monday is MPC meeting....... Elephant might start flying 90% +ve. This my thoughts anyways.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LondonCool(m): 10:18am On May 21, 2016
BNSITL,

Can anyone kindly enlighten me why my CSCS account has not been credited up to now with my bonus shares for FBNH, GSK and Vitafoam since 2015? I bought the aforementioned shares before their closure dates last year

Is anybody else having the same issues as me?

Many thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ovamboland(m): 11:06am On May 21, 2016
LondonCool:
BNSITL,

Can anyone kindly enlighten me why my CSCS account has not been credited up to now with my bonus shares for FBNH, GSK and Vitafoam since 2015? I bought the aforementioned shares before their closure dates last year

Many thanks

I just noticed the FBNH 1 for 10 bonus credited to my share account a few days ago. Check your account again and call your brokers if there's no difference in share quantity

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 11:19am On May 21, 2016
rocasmilatos:

It is well even in the well to the guy that was robbed.
Btw i have been looking for a platform like that for tech analysis bt i seems its limited to more organised trading markets like Nyse, London high, futures etc. Black boxes and gray boxes is hard bt not impossible to sought for in Nse.
In fact i am with you in the search.

Thank you jo. If it's foreign markets you'll have enough options, but come to our own here, nothing. I may have to go back into software development as this is a good business opportunity. shocked
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ORAGBON(m): 11:38am On May 21, 2016
grin grin
Manonamission:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ORAGBON(m): 11:46am On May 21, 2016
Call your broker. My FBNH was credited to my account after two days I spoke with my broker. Same for Vitafoam.After speaking with the registrars and my broker, my account was credited few days later.
LondonCool:
BNSITL,

Many thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 2:28pm On May 21, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 2:35pm On May 21, 2016
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/nigerias-economy-shrinks-first-time-since-2004/

NIGERIA economy shrank in the first quarter of 2016 as oil output fell and the manufacturing, financial and real estate industries declined considerably. This was coming at backdrop of further increase in unemployment rate in the country. The National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, report on the economy released yesterday said that the gross domestic product, GDP, contracted by -0.36 per cent from a year earlier suggesting that the economy is now entering recession as second quarter is also projected to turn out worse GDP position given some recent developments.

http://www.punchng.com/fuel-price-hike-nigerians-dump-personal-cars-for-public-transport-car-sharing-bicycles/

He said, “Food prices have gone up. The amount to fill up my car fuel tank has risen. But my income has not. Now, I have abandoned my car. I have to face reality. I now go to work by public transportation. I go by Bus Rapid Transit. The convenience is no longer there like what you have when you drive your own car, but what else can one do?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:44pm On May 21, 2016
LondonCool:
BNSITL,

Many thanks

If you have a CSCS online account you should be able to confirm if the bonuses have been credited. Most times the bonuses may have reflected in your CSCS online but not in your broker's account. In this case, you will have to contact your broker.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 40manlappy: 2:49pm On May 21, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UD4040: 3:31pm On May 21, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 3:47pm On May 21, 2016
yrmybank:

grin my Oga, you did justice to my question. Exactly the sort of analysis I was hoping to hear. Thanks boss.

Lol..... errm, but market has a mind of its own sha.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 3:48pm On May 21, 2016
spicytayomic:

One like from me

Reciprocated smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by spinoff: 4:41pm On May 21, 2016
ogadeolu:
What most investors dont knw is that the market will still continue to go down, while those who have hot blood will continue to average down and manage their loses, but the calm, cool and collected investors will wait for the falling knife to hit the ground and a good sign of reversal, they will plung into the market and ride the bull back up, wait till when FBNH is about 5naira, Access about 2.5, UBA about 2.0, Oando about 7naira, then u will knw what is up......my advice is that set your stop loss if you are not for long term as in if u are a JIJO master and when it is hit, dash out and run like ur tail is on fire, if u are for long term, keep smiling and wait a bit further to jump on some juicy stocks and then ride the bull up.
Invest wisely, life is money.........

Just for perspective. A view from Aug 2015 during the catharsis that lasted till last week. With the current fresh market turn, the market having plumbed and dwelled much below even the sad forecast scenarios above, the present green shoots can only all but thrive, lurking devaluation shocks notwithstanding (what with the passage of an unusually serious & ambitious budget ). Fingers crossed for the next 18 months.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 4:43pm On May 21, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by spinoff: 5:45pm On May 21, 2016
PETERiCHY:
A Way Forward
It is now evident that the naira is overvalued and will continue to depreciate unless the supply-demand dynamics are adjusted and the domestic manufacturing industry becomes competitive on the international front.

First on the list is subsidy removal. Removal of the fuel subsidy will reduce the import bill by 21% as well as the importation of refined crude products, as importers will have to bear the cost of oil price volatility and exchange rate depreciation.

In conclusion, the weakening of the naira is partly as a result of internal imbalances arising from import dependence, an uncompetitive manufacturing industry and over-reliance on oil for foreign earnings. Taken together, if these issues are eliminated simultaneously by removing the fuel subsidy, encouraging the manufacturing sector and adopting a free floating exchange rate, the naira will be on track to recovery and trading at a fair value.

http://www.proshareng.com/news/28317.html
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2016
Pls house when is Presco's 100k div closure date for the 2015 FY.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 12:37am On May 22, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 10:12am On May 22, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by LondonCool(m): 11:23am On May 22, 2016
Ovamboland:

I just noticed the FBNH 1 for 10 bonus credited to my share account a few days ago. Check your account again and call your brokers if there's no difference in share quantity

Thanks. I'll contact my brokers about it tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by meracool(m): 12:37pm On May 22, 2016
Happy Sunday BNSTL

This NLC strike is one of the inconsequential one I've ever witnesses as a Nigerian if not ASUU joining the Strike it won't have any effect on me at all

I pray this Bullish run continues because it's a thing of joy and it's marvellous in our eyes

We Will Get to the Mark.. by God's Grace

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zantaclaz: 1:42pm On May 22, 2016
Good day everyone.

I'm a newbie here. And I consider dis thread to b a warehouse of d knowledge of d capital market.
I intend to invest a sum in d capital market in few months' time.
Please which stockbroker will u suggest I patronise?
Please I need ur candid advice.

Thank u.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 2:29pm On May 22, 2016
Zantaclaz:
Good day everyone.

I'm a newbie here. And I consider dis thread to b a warehouse of d knowledge of d capital market.
I intend to invest a sum in d capital market in few months' time.
Please which stockbroker will u suggest I patronise?
Please I need ur candid advice.

Thank u.

http://www.morgancapitalgroup.com/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 3:01pm On May 22, 2016
megainvest:

http://www.morgancapitalgroup.com/

my oga thanks for this.
but remember what is good for you might not be good for someone else.

I'll suggest he/she filters through this list and narrow it down then come back to ask us questions.
http://nairametrics.com/list-stockbrokers-nigeria/
it might take him a week plus to sort out this but I believe it's worth it.
some still prefer the firm to have presence in their state or close to them (which is not necessary but might have little advantage)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 22, 2016
Intendy:

my oga thanks for this.
but remember what is good for you might not be good for someone else.

I'll suggest he/she filters through this list and narrow it down then come back to ask us questions.
http://nairametrics.com/list-stockbrokers-nigeria/
it might take him a week plus to sort out this but I believe it's worth it.
some still prefer the firm to have presence in their state or close to them (which is not necessary but might have little advantage)

thats a long process. cos he might choose adamawa stock brokers going by the link.

@ poster, check morgan capital, investment one, trw-stockbrokers. for the big boys, try renasense capital, stanbic ibtc, meristem etc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 4:31pm On May 22, 2016
mercylicious:

thats a long process. cos he might choose adamawa stock brokers going by the link.

@ poster, check morgan capital, investment one, trw-stockbrokers. for the big boys, try renasense capital, stanbic ibtc, meristem etc

sister thats why I said he should come back with his answers after narrowing down.

even you named six firms above and still included etc which means there are more which still goes back to my post above.

so the list is endless.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 6:06pm On May 22, 2016
Intendy, I understand. The typical me would have listed a range of brokers just like mercylicious did but because he asked for a "candid" advise, I decided to throw caution to the wind and just gave him the thing straight and mercilessly! grin

Enjoy your Sunday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 6:29pm On May 22, 2016
megainvest:
Intendy, I understand. The typical me would have listed a range of brokers just like mercylicious did but because he asked for a "candid" advise, I decided to throw caution to the wind and just gave him the thing straight and mercilessly! grin

Enjoy your Sunday.

wish you same.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 6:34pm On May 22, 2016
[quote author=Godisfaithful post=45849205]http://www.punchng.com/fbn-insurance-approves-19k-dividend-shareholders/

Oga mi, is this insurance listed on the exchange?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) ... (7740) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mpeace(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.