Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10936263 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) ... (7770) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
I am not sure how the UK's EU referendum will affect other markets but I'll bet it will in some way. Tomorrow is the d-day and there just might be volatility. I expect a "Remain" victory might usher in the bulls in the following trading days. Reason is, foreign investors have more reasons to wait on the sidelines until after the dust settles before a decision can be taken. In order words, they have other things on their mind apart from Naira devaluation.

Meanwhile, Guaranty enjoyed patronage from some deep pockets yesterday and today. Infact they bought at inta-day high of N23.20 today. I hope they consider other stocks in the coming days. Na beg I dey beg o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ibe9ja: 12:25am On Jun 23, 2016
ogoo4real:
The idea of sell in may is no longer raining so when do we now sell.

Sell in June and go away. Don't say u were not warned.

All these UCap monkey hunters are in for a BIG SHOCK.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 1:53am On Jun 23, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cadno(m): 5:06am On Jun 23, 2016
duni04:
Im not an unbeliever. I actually hold a very marginal stake there. Im just weary of misinformation and propaganda. Most of us are still recovering from all the O n O propaganda in '14. I think UCAP actually has solid growth prospects.
It reminds me of the ...EvansMed, Vitafoam, Costain, May & Baker....guys . Just like this...they where shouting daily..buy, buy, gave all sorts of reasons to buy...now where are they now..
Do ur Due Diligence...dont be deceived. Stocks full market now...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sirflav: 6:22am On Jun 23, 2016
http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/06/23/investors-interest-in-nigeria-surges-on-fx-reforms/

Investors interest in Nigeria surges on FX reforms

There has been a major surge in investor interest in Nigerian assets following the introduction of a floating currency by the Central Bank, several market sources tell BusinessDay. “I have been inundated with calls. People are showing tremendous interest, even though the cash is not coming quite yet,” one treasury official at a large financial firm told BusinessDay.

The interest is being fuelled in large part by the extent of the reforms (free floating of the naira, single FX window) unveiled by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), which caught most investors unawares, sources say.
The changes made by the central bank and the fact the CBN is clearing the backlog of FX demand is very positive, according to another international fixed income asset manager.“Offshore investors will likely return when they see liquidity in the dollar – naira market – this still does not seem to be the case. When offshore investors are able to get money out is when they will likely put new money in,” the source told BusinessDay anonymously as he was not authorised to speak publicly.

The naira firmed to close at N281.50 to the dollar on Wednesday, following a central bank dollar sale to improve dollar liquidity, its first daily gain since the CBN reopened the interbank FX market.

In the non-deliverable forwards market, the naira rose against the dollar , with the one-month contract quoting the currency as firm as N288, after hitting N317 on Monday.

The CBNs move to float the currency has narrowed the gulf between the interbank FX rates and parallel markets where traders were offering it at N330 to the dollar on Wednesday, down from N370 last week.

Nigerian stocks gained 705.81 points or 2.40 percent to close at 30,127.82 points, a major move above the psychologically important 30,000 points level.Market capitalisation surged N242.17 billion to close at N10.34 trillion.

Market capitalisation surged N242.17 billion to close at N10.34 trillion.

Foreign portfolio investors are still watching the markets before they dip their toes back in, according to Mustapha Suberu of boutique investment bank, Eczellon Capital.

“They want to see how effective, efficient and transparent FX transactions will be at the interbank market. They also want the initial volatility to play out and have a proper guide on what the true value of the naira may be,” Suberu told BusinessDay.

“Once there is greater clarity on the efficiency of the interbank market and value of the naira, we can expect portfolio investors to flood the Nigerian financial market.”

This may take up to three months, other things being equal, Suberu said.

Foreign investors held $5.4 billion of Nigerian bonds in September 2013 but dumped most of them after the country was ejected last year from JPMorgan’s GBI-EM index – tracked by more than $200 billion of funds.They will probably need to be convinced that a more flexible and liquid FX platform can be sustained for longer and also likely require higher yields to compensate for risks associated with the Nigerian market before resuming the purchase of naira debt, analysts say.

“With the yield curve being now in negative CPI-adjusted territory, the risks to market rates may still be to the upside if the CBN seeks to anchor investor expectations,” Samir Gadio,Head of Africa strategy and FICC research at Standard Chartered Bank, tells BusinessDay.

“In terms of re-inclusion in the GBI-EM indices, it is still early days. Given the size of the Nigerian debt market and decent secondary market liquidity on the PDMM platform, there may be a case for index re-inclusion in the long term. The index provider will probably want to see a consistent and reliable record of FX liquidity over time,” Gadio said.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 7:18am On Jun 23, 2016
http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Get-Ready-For-80-Oil.html

Do your research to buttress the link.
so as to get your own gains
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by forbes30: 8:11am On Jun 23, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 9:37am On Jun 23, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 9:44am On Jun 23, 2016
forbes30:
..........the topic of season in nigeria is operation shine your eyes..........
...........and I pledge my.... to the Night's(stocks) Watch, for this night and all the nights to come........... grin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/06/22/access-bank-md-wigwe-commits-to-diversification-of-economy/?

http://independentnig.com/2016/06/23/now-that-naira-is-allowed-to-float/?#

http://www.cato.org/blog/nigerias-floating-read-sinking-naira?

http://thenationonlineng.net/foreign-investors-may-not-rush-back-yet/?

http://www.punchng.com/new-forex-regime-needs-proper-management-ex-anan-boss/?

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/23/cbn-opens-discount-window-to-boost-liquidity-naira-strengthens-to-n282-801/?
l lov ur games of throne quote... lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ibe9ja: 10:07am On Jun 23, 2016
Transcorp will nosedive today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 10:10am On Jun 23, 2016
ibe9ja:
up or down
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 10:11am On Jun 23, 2016
We shall see
ibe9ja:
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kenmaro: 10:12am On Jun 23, 2016
Good morning! I need idea(s) on any good appreciable penny stock, preferrably banking and maybe other sectors, to buy today for a short term investment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:13am On Jun 23, 2016
debeey87:
We shall see

unlikely
8m bid in place with little offers
will open at 1.85
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by donmarshia(m): 10:28am On Jun 23, 2016
Mfunkynation:
up or down

Put your nose down. Is it up or down?

I hope that answers your question.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 10:28am On Jun 23, 2016
bears yet to recover from Emefiele's surprise upper cut !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 10:42am On Jun 23, 2016
Good morning oga in the house...

What is pushing transcorp share upward ....

What is the target price of transcorp before it will flattened...

Is it good to buy now...assuming it is heading to N2.50 in the next 2 weeks

Cc:
Godisfaithful
Angeloe
Manie
Zendi
Lancee...
Mega invest
Peterichie... If you are available
Chibuking
Intend
I help

Etc

Etc
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:44am On Jun 23, 2016
An announcement might be due from Transcorp. There is something about this solo bull. Beefing this stock right now..........bailed out at N1.34 cry

JIJO don tire me. I need to be more patient. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NuttyChoky(m): 10:46am On Jun 23, 2016
Please, has anyone taken a margin facility from morgan before? How does it work?

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by donmarshia(m): 11:06am On Jun 23, 2016
FBNH! Jeez! Mehn! I give up! Slowest ever!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:06am On Jun 23, 2016
Fbnh , fidelity ..yeye stocks cry

No wonder they bt started with F Fuc...ing pple up grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 11:07am On Jun 23, 2016
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 11:10am On Jun 23, 2016
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 11:10am On Jun 23, 2016
donmarshia:
FBNH! Jeez! Mehn! I give up! Slowest ever!

slow and steady wins the race grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 11:10am On Jun 23, 2016
lancee:
Fbnh , fidelity ..yeye stocks cry

No wonder they bt started with F Fuc...ing pple up grin

Well, they present opportunities for those that missed the early fliers. It's just a matter of time. Na turn by turn.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2016
Manonamission:

Well, they present opportunities for those that missed the early fliers. It's just a matter of time. Na turn by turn.

When will it get to their turn ..others don dey chop since last wk ..just dey there dey look like Lucozade

i taya bros
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 11:19am On Jun 23, 2016
pls hus, wat d current price of transcorp, fcmb, ucap, zenith n diamond
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 11:22am On Jun 23, 2016
A beg ogas I due beg make una answer my questions above....

Wet in I do una....

Name position una due take

Ogasssss make una answer my questions above pleasssseeeeeee
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by forbes30: 11:23am On Jun 23, 2016
.....for FCMB....ACCESS and UBA....the only question remains.....what is a reasonable target exit point....
....was gonna exit but...this bull no allow me click sell button..... grin ........

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 11:26am On Jun 23, 2016
Why zenith bank no wan come down despite FAYOSE INDICTMENT...

I THINK SAY ZB go come down make I buy more...

Oga mega invest... Please drag the prices of GTB and ZB down for me...

Oga Peterichie Don run? 2 weeks I never see am....CBN Don devalue naira.....make him bring his dollars come drag the prices down...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 11:29am On Jun 23, 2016
forbes30:
.....for FCMB....ACCESS and UBA....the only question remains.....what is a reasonable target exit point....
....was gonna exit but...this bull no allow me click sell button..... grin ........
pls wat s fcmb,ucap,zenith,diamond n transcorp current price. Thankz
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:33am On Jun 23, 2016
FBN over sluggish !

(1) (2) (3) ... (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) ... (7770) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.