Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,342 members, 7,860,875 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:48 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1837) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11069165 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1834) (1835) (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) ... (7816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 11:41am On Sep 29, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

LOCO is our Oando Moses, he must lead us to the promise land. grin
No he is out . he sell last week .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 11:42am On Sep 29, 2016
binaflexia:

You will see a lot of offers soon.
Without reasonable Qt3 result, no news can significantly push Oando

Those offers may not come today unless a new altercation breaks out at Algiers.
The pessimists' offers were rushed out in early trading and taken up.
Further offers will remain on the sideline waiting for the final outcome of Algiers meeting.
When I heard that Saudi had softened their stance towards Iran, I funded my account overnight thro laptop banking, and got in a few more units this morning at 5.04.
Debts and bad results not withstanding, oando sits on a large chunk of the nations oil reserve.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 11:46am On Sep 29, 2016
locodemy:

oga leave matter........na today? with or without good news in Q3 ,oando must enrich peoples pocket.......who dey buy to sleep there?
NO be say who they buy to sleep there, i dey sleep there befor you came and go and there .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
If you missed oando, you might wish to look hard at transcorp.
It tends to empathize with oando, and that is if the oando thing does not fizzle out.
And transcorp has crude oil too.

Buyer beware! No recommendation!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
ihedioramma:
NO be say who they buy to sleep there, i dey sleep there befor you came and go and there .

why naw? you should not fall in love with any stock at NSE.........me i be ashawo for stocks oooo..........once i make my money,i dumb and move on.........i don make plenty cash for this oando wey you see so..........pls no dey sleep for oando for now.........time will come when all of us go sleep there..........thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2016
locodemy:

why naw? you should not fall in love with any stock at NSE.........me i be ashawo for stocks oooo..........once i make my money,i dumb and move on.........i don make plenty cash for this oando wey you see so..........pls no dey sleep for oando for now.........time will come when all of us go sleep there..........thanks
i will be sleeping here to that time but jijo is going on at the same .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 1:03pm On Sep 29, 2016
Intendy:

what a pity

Interesting. Why are their finance and administrative expenses so high though?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nse dng disciplines som of us. I de cry in hummi form
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
ihedioramma:
No he is out . he sell last week .

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
There is an ARM Investment report that was released in June this year on the effect of FX devaluation on some key players in the NSE. In it, it ranked the stocks most and least expected to be affected by FX devaluations. FCMB was the least negatively affected of the bigger banks. Access was supposed to be among the most affected. Apparently Access Bank released a report earlier in the year saying a 10% devaluation could lead them to a bit of a loss in FY 2016. Anyway as we know, since then the Naira has been officially devalued by roughly 60%!

Diamond Bank is another one expected to be highly negatively affected. So being that the FX situation is likely to be a big factor on the Q3 results of these banks, I think one should be cautious or what do you think? FCMB, FBNH, GTB, ZENITH & UBA were all above board according to the report. Skye wasn't mentioned though.

EDIT: This post is meant for those trading for very the short term (including JIJO)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
ExLaidback:
There is an ARM Investment report that was released in June this year on the effect of FX devaluation on some key players in the NSE. In it, it ranked the stocks most and least expected to be affected by FX devaluations. FCMB was the least negatively affected of the bigger banks. Access was supposed to be among the most affected. Apparently Access Bank released a report earlier in the year saying a 10% devaluation could lead them to a bit of a loss in FY 2016. Anyway as we know, since then the Naira has been officially devalued by roughly 60%!

Diamond Bank is another one expected to be highly negatively affected. So being that the FX situation is likely to be a big factor on the Q3 results of these banks, I think one should be cautious or what do you think? FCMB, FBNH, GTB, ZENITH & UBA were all above board according to the report. Skye wasn't mentioned though.

Nice one.......we all will do the monkey hunting together for fcmb from next week .........i am currently loading more at 1.06 and 1.07 since the thing no gree come down........
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by angelo82: 1:52pm On Sep 29, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
zendi:
If you missed oando, you might wish to look hard at transcorp.
It tends to empathize with oando, and that is if the oando thing does not fizzle out.
And transcorp has crude oil too.

Buyer beware! No recommendation!!

Oga zendi.....i think this one be one chance stock.......if you are locked,blood go come out from your eyes and if it goes thru.......you smile to the bank.........i am afraid of the OS this stock carries without much income......one of the subsidiaries that suppose boost their bottom line,they don list am in essence of looking for money........i am sorry to say this stock will go for share reconstruction in a short while if care is not taken........no matter the good news wey fit come for transcorp......abeg speed dey on my two feet......vuuuuuuuuuuuuum
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2016
locodemy:

Nice one.......we all will do the monkey hunting together for fcmb from next week .........i am currently loading more at 1.06 and 1.07 since the thing no gree come down........

LOL...So you just reduce everything wey i write there to monkey hunting...even with the potent warning about Diamond and Access. ok o. I actually exited my Diamond today at a small loss...I think it is a serious matter
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
ExLaidback:

LOL...So you just reduce everything wey i write there to monkey hunting...even with the potent warning about Diamond and Access. ok o. I actually exited my Diamond today at a small loss...I think it is a serious matter

Bros dont panic......all of them are about to take off no matter the odds..........think of economy,think of banks.......think of bouncing back,think of banks too........i no see any reasoble thing in that writeup.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2016
locodemy:

Bros dont panic......all of them are about to take off no matter the odds..........think of economy,think of banks.......think of bouncing back,think of banks too........i no see any reasoble thing in that writeup.

Ok No Wahala, It's noted.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2016
ExLaidback:

http://abokifx.com/analysts-raise-concerns-tier-2-banks-health-thisday/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
stock with new 52 weeks low
ashaka cement #16.27k
stock with new 52 weeks high
Mobil #195.00k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
A TOTAL OF 195,000,000 UNITS OF CONTINENTAL REINSURANCE PLC WERE DONE TODAY AT N1.30 IN TWO DEALS. THE DEALS WERE NEGOTIATED CROSS DEALS BETWEEN CORDROS SECURITIES LTD AS SELLER AND RENCAP SECURITIES LTD AS BUYER.

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2016
Intendy:

http://abokifx.com/analysts-raise-concerns-tier-2-banks-health-thisday/

“The bank has significant exposure to the oil and gas sector (37% of gross loans) and general commerce sectors (16% of gross loans), two sectors that have been hard hit by current macro-economic conditions.”

This quote from the link you shared above also featured in the ARM report i talked about, but your brother say he no see any sensible thing for my post o. I don't want to be the party pooper so...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crowntoro(f): 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2016
Intendy:
stock with new 52 weeks low

ashaka cement #16.27k

stock with new 52 weeks high

Mobil #195.00k
Quick one- Are you a broker?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
locodemy:

Oga zendi.....i think this one be one chance stock.......if you are locked,blood go come out from your eyes and if it goes thru.......you smile to the bank.........i am afraid of the OS this stock carries without much income......one of the subsidiaries that suppose boost their bottom line,they don list am in essence of looking for money........i am sorry to say this stock will go for share reconstruction in a short while if care is not taken........no matter the good news wey fit come for transcorp......abeg speed dey on my two feet......vuuuuuuuuuuuuum

You're right about the nonsense OS but I think Oga Tony no like reconstruction, see UBA too, so no fear of that.
It has its problems and may not be getting it right now, but at present price......................
Remember it controls 20% of the nation's electricity............ but I'm even talking in jijo terms.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2016
crowntoro:
Quick one- Are you a broker?

He's an nsempa resource person.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 4:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
grin grin grin A good resource person
zendi:

He's an nsempa resource person.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
Anything brewing with Lawunion? Daily volume has been on the increase recently.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
Top 10 Gainers

WEMABANK 0.72 0.06 9.09%
LAWUNION 0.73 0.06 8.96%
OANDO 5.25 0.34 6.92%
SEPLAT 346.50 16.50 5.00%
CONTINSURE 1.05 0.05 5.00%
NEM 0.84 0.04 5.00%
ETRANZACT 5.98 0.28 4.91%
LEARNAFRCA 0.66 0.03 4.76%
LIVESTOCK 0.88 0.04 4.76%
CONOIL 37.70 1.70 4.72%

Top 10 Losers

ASHAKACEM 16.27 -0.85 -4.96%
GLAXOSMITH 19.60 -0.90 -4.39%
FIDSON 1.60 -0.07 -4.19%
VITAFOAM 2.87 -0.12 -4.01%
TRANSCORP 1.04 -0.04 -3.70%
FIDELITYBK 0.87 -0.03 -3.33%
NAHCO 3.30 -0.10 -2.94%
7UP 139.00 -3.50 -2.46%
GUARANTY 24.34 -0.56 -2.25%
TRANSEXPR 1.00 -0.02 -1.96%

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by agisky1975: 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
locodemy:

i missed this rally because of misinterpretation of the opec meeting........good luck to all who got it at 4.98.......enjoy
I once said it here that, if you bought right, then you should hold tight, in Stock trading you don't need to take a full position or exit a position entirely, when in doubt take/exit partial position, that's being a long termist with a traders instinct

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by agisky1975: 5:20pm On Sep 29, 2016
ExLaidback:

Sell a stock because the company's fundamentals are deteriorating, not because the sky is falling

-Peter Lynch

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExLaidback: 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2016
agisky1975:

Sell a stock because the company's fundamentals are deteriorating, not because the sky is falling

-Peter Lynch

Good advice. For long termers. I'm not speaking as one.

I think I should have added that I was speaking as a very short term trader, specifically for those who are buying with hopes of a wonderful Q3 result (JIJO guys). If you're looking at holding any of the stocks I mentioned for a long while, you're not likely to get significantly better prices than what obtains presently.

Then again if you read the link that Intendy shared you'd find that the mentioned banks had weakened fundamentals with possibility of further deterioration.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
CHIBUKING81 na only reading you they now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1834) (1835) (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) ... (7816) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ololufemi, UncleBone, Whytehandy, ogoo4real, cocolacec(m), SonofElElyonRet and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.