Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (1901) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10894284 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1898) (1899) (1900) (1901) (1902) (1903) (1904) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2016
Chibuking81:
I called Morgan capital today, to know when their platform will come back, one of their customer care officer that pick my call told me that, they don't know when they are coming back yet, he told me that their meeting with NSE last Friday was not positive.
He stated that, its only NSE that has the final say on when they will come back.
He also maintains that, they are working towards the demands of NSE in order to come back.

I thank God, I just withdraw all the cash I have with them two days before their suspension, but I still have my stocks with them.

I pray that their next meeting with NSE will be a positive one. Let the NSE lift up their suspension, so that they can continue with their business.

but i just logged into my account, and i was able to do that
or does it mean site is still up but no activity?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
harteelolar:

but i just logged into my account, and i was able to do that or does it mean site is still up but no activity?
UMM!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:29pm On Nov 07, 2016
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:30pm On Nov 07, 2016
locodemy:

UMM!
loco...i thought u live in lagos. If u can, go to morgan office and find things out
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 7:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
harteelolar:

but i just logged into my account, and i was able to do that
or does it mean site is still up but no activity?
yes, you can assess your account online but not connected to NSE for trading
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mopolchi: 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2016
phemmie06:
Abeg who don receive conoil dividend
I think sec has finally answered me but they did not inform me. I had to send them a copy of the transfer form bearing a SEC track number I had to SEC and GTLRegistrars. Luckily, GTLRegistrars confirmed that they have got my signature already from SEC.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 10:07pm On Nov 07, 2016
Mopolchi:
I think sec has finally answered me but they did not inform me. I had to send them a copy of the transfer form bearing a SEC track number I had to SEC and GTLRegistrars. Luckily, GTLRegistrars confirmed that they have got my signature already from SEC.
yet to hear from the two parties l. I will have to mail them again
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fulfillment2020(m): 5:34am On Nov 08, 2016
Thread lost, posting to bring it onboard again....happy bullish day guyz.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 8:15am On Nov 08, 2016
fulfillment2020:
Thread lost, posting to bring it onboard again....happy bullish day guyz.
Good talk, brother.....
Just that, posting comes naturally easier,
When your bus is northwards bound.
More fuel, and, journey mercy. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lafencer: 9:44am On Nov 08, 2016
veecovee:
loco...i thought u live in lagos. If u can, go to morgan office and find things out

seconded. perhaps we should raise a committee for this. @loco, are you ok with this? If yes, do we contribute for fares, feeding and lodging? smiley wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 10:36am On Nov 08, 2016
my ogas here who go with fundamental investing should try and use q3 of most firms (discounted by 20% for all except banks which should go by about 30%)
then see if the stock is worth investing in.

my oga no vex I go reply your mail o.just over busy all tru with various events
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 11:03am On Nov 08, 2016
Intendy:
my ogas here who go with fundamental investing should try and use q3 of most firms (discounted by 20% for all except banks which should go by about 30%)

bro. which broker do you use?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 11:11am On Nov 08, 2016
Intendy:

My oga the question is when is the last bus stop?

truth is that I sold some stocks yesterday including GTB @ #25.75 ( bought all my gtb @ #13 charges inclusives)with no regret and for some purposes.

I rarely sell stocks but I will definitely buy lower.be it 2,3 months from now I don't mind.

all man for him self God for us all.

I remember this post on 24th August. @OBAGADAFFI did you later sell your gtb?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:12am On Nov 08, 2016
more bears coming out !

#shakeOut
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 11:14am On Nov 08, 2016
currentprice:

bro. which broker do you use?

enough o.From meristem,to investment-one,afrinvest,cashcraft and some other good ones.
but mostly (almost daily)on meristem and investment-one DMA(direct market access)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 11:16am On Nov 08, 2016
fxuser:
more bears coming out !
#shakeOut
sip more zobo,since you don't take alcohol.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 11:19am On Nov 08, 2016
Intendy:

Hello Chief

what are we to discount? EPS or SP?

i wld also appreciate if you share your tot on d reason for d discounting (cos i think most upcoming negative headwinds are already priced in at current state)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 11:37am On Nov 08, 2016
robobo:

Hello Chief

what are we to discount? EPS or SP?

i wld also appreciate if you share your tot on d reason for d discounting (cos i think most upcoming negative headwinds are already priced in at current state)

go with the EPS.Iike you rightly posted there,you said you think which isn't bad but what of if the taught is wrong?
That's why I play on the safe side.At this stage of investment,i would rather not buy a stock than watch it tank.My capital is the koko,I can't watch it dwindle

I AM VERY PRONE TO ERRORS TOO
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:40am On Nov 08, 2016
Intendy:

sip more zobo,since you don't take alcohol.

lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 11:43am On Nov 08, 2016
Let me type Hi on page 1900
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:50am On Nov 08, 2016
on investment one platform, sometimes you put in a large bid and it won't reflect on the bid status ! !

anyone noticed such ?

#missingMorgan
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2016
Intendy:

I remember this post on 24th August. @OBAGADAFFI did you later sell your gtb?

I sold all my GTB on 16 september.

I am currently waiting GTB below N18 and conoil around N20.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

enjoy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2016
Headwinds weigh on earnings forecast
Cadbury Nigeria’s (Cadbury) Q3 2016 sales beat our forecast by 15.5%. In addition to base effects, our channel checks indicate that the company likely gained some share following price increases by close competitor Nestle for its Milo product during the quarter.

However, the company recorded losses compared with our forecast of profits as a result of significant gross margin contraction. Cadbury, like most consumer goods firms, is yet to overcome the negative impact of macro headwinds. The continued devaluation of the naira which moved further down to c. N305/US$ as of end-September (having fallen to N280/US$ as of end-June from N199/US$) weighed.

Production inputs such as sugar and milk are mostly imported. While sugar prices increased by 11.1% in Q3 (40.4% ytd), dairy prices rose by 11.3% (17.8% ytd) during the quarter. The impact of the reduction in gross margin neutralised the effect of cost savings the company has been able to achieve this year.

Operating expenses have declined y/y every quarter in 2016 to average -15.0%. On the back of the results, we have cut our 2016-17E EPS forecasts by 76% on average, and reduced our price target by 10.0% to N13.2 (implying a potential upside of 2.2%).

Cadbury shares are currently trading on a 2016E P/E multiple of 157.1x for EPS growth of 25.5% in 2017E. Although valuation is demanding, the cut to our price target is modest as we expect the company’s fundamentals to improve in the long term. The stock has shed -24.5% ytd (vs NSE ASI: -5.8%). We rate Cadbury Underperform.

Q3 2016 results recap
Cadbury’s Q3 2016 results showed that while sales of N7.4bn grew by 6.8% y/y due to base effects, the company recorded pre and post-tax losses of –N1.1bn and –N989m respectively.

The losses were driven by a gross margin contraction of -2,709bps y/y to 5.8%, offsetting a -22.3% y/y decline in opex to N1.5bn. On a q/q basis, sales were up 9.0% q/q while the pre and post-tax losses mirrored, although to a greater magnitude, the –N477m and –N526m losses on the PBT and PAT lines in the prior quarter. Moving on to the 9M 2016 numbers, sales grew marginally by 1.2% y/y to N21.3bn.

However, the company recorded losses before and after tax of -N842m. Although opex declined by -14.5% y/y to N5.5bn, a -939bp y/y contraction in gross margin to 21.0% had a more significant impact on profits.

https://www.proshareng.com/news/Investors%20NewsBeat/Cadbury-Nigeria-Plc---Low-Expectations-for-FY-2016-/32904
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

good move !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2016
Intendy:

go with the EPS.Iike you rightly posted there,you said you think which isn't bad but what of if the taught is wrong?
That's why I play on the safe side.At this stage of investment,i would rather not buy a stock than watch it tank.My capital is the koko,I can't watch it dwindle
I AM VERY PRONE TO ERRORS TOO

ok thank you

appr8 ur response
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2016
fxuser:

good move !

“Eneke the bird says that since men have learnt to shoot without missing, he has learnt to fly without perching.” Chinua Achebe

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2016
robobo:

ok thank you
appr8 ur response
uwclme oga mi.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukwuwike2ny(m): 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2016
Heanry:
interested

Hello,

Do you have a Volkwagen Vanagon bus? Are you looking for an Honest person to manage your bus? Or are you intrested in getting into passsenger Transport Business?

Owning a 14 sitter Volkwagen Vanagon can be a money spinner if managed by Experienced. And Honest Person.

I have 1 that is mine and 2 others that I manage for people, and business is doing very good.

I thought I can earn more if I increase the number of buses I'm managing. So this is an opportunity for anyone who own or want to own a 14 sitter Volkwagen Vanagon.

Ajah-lekki is where my buses are plying and that's where all others will be plying too.

And like already stated, maintenance is on us and we pay N100K per Month

Or make guaranteed 5% ROI every month + 10% Principal/Capital Amortization/Repayment
Per month when you Part-finance the purchase of a bus.

This is the best offer you can get anywhere!!!

My contacts:
Click2ny@gmail.com
BBPin:2895029

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
Brethren in the Lord like Pastor Ihedi will say, I greet from the other side of the Niger today. To all the Morgan faithfuls, I've got some news. It's true that Morgan was suspended by NSE as that was the confirmation I got from SEC this morning http://nse.com.ng/dealing-members-site/BrokerTraX/Other%20Regulatory%20Sanctions.pdf . Their name is the last on the list

Anyone with links to call NSE can upload, I can give them a call and get back to the huz. The numbers on their website isn't working.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2016
debeey87:
Brethren in the Lord like Pastor Ihedi will say, I greet from the other side of the Niger today. To all the Morgan faithfuls, I've got some news. It's true that Morgan was suspended by NSE as that was the confirmation I got from SEC this morning http://nse.com.ng/dealing-members-site/BrokerTraX/Other%20Regulatory%20Sanctions.pdf . Their name is the last on the list

Anyone with links to call NSE can upload, I can give them a call and get back to the huz. The numbers on their website isn't working.

You can visit the SEC stand at the on going Lagos international trade TBS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2016
So MorganCapital Securities Limited was suspended on 21-Oct-16, and they kept quiet about it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1898) (1899) (1900) (1901) (1902) (1903) (1904) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: wuwu2, IYGEAL(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.