Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10926573 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) ... (7768) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 4:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
stocks with new 52 week lows
aiico #0.53k
UPDC #1.63k
livestock #0.59k
stocks with new 52 week highs
Okomu #50.00k
UBA #5.77k
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GudluckIBB(m): 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2017
Intendy:
stocks with new 52 week lows

aiico #0.53k

UPDC #1.63k

livestock #0.59k

stocks with new 52 week highs

Okomu #50.00k

UBA #5.77k

Pls can yu help post the summary of updc result
its not opening on my system
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
kolaish:
@intendy,
where did you hide eternal oil result and when will you release it?

http://nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/17211_ETERNA_-_2016_AUDITED_ACCOUNTS_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_MARCH_2017.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 6:18pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
kolaish:
EPS of 113kobo. Any div?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
rebekah2011:

thanks. Paltry div though.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
kolaish:
EPS of 113kobo. Any div?
rebekah2011:

This one will see blood next week. 8% return.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
Mpeace:

Wetin dey control fcmb dey also control eterna oil.
Not falling anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
Mpeace:
eterna as a stock has liquidity problem. Let's see how next week will be for the stock.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shessyfavour: 7:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
Hello, i am trying to invest in stocks but i dont know much about it like which which company shares i should buy. I met a stockbroker who surgested i should go for guiness or forte oil, please what do you think? Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:27pm On Mar 31, 2017
shessyfavour:
Hello, i am trying to invest in stocks but i dont know much about it like which which company shares i should buy. I met a stockbroker who surgested i should go for guiness or forte oil, please what do you think? Thanks.
Read three books that will teach you how to trade in stock first .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2017
rebekah2011:

Payment date e.t.c?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimchris247(m): 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2017
whts d closure date for eterna?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimchris247(m): 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2017
Mpeace:

HOW DO U MEAN CHECK THEIR 5YEAR ANALYSIS
EPS AND OTHER FUNDAMENTALS.

30K NOT BAD AT ALL
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimchris247(m): 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2017
chimchris247:

HOW DO U MEAN CHECK THEIR 5YEAR ANALYSIS
EPS AND OTHER FUNDAMENTALS.

30K NOT BAD AT ALL

THEY PAID 25K OCTOBER LAST YEAR
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
chimchris247:

THEY PAID 25K OCTOBER LAST YEAR
the 25k is even for 2015 accounts.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
ihedioramma:
Read three books that will teach you how to trade in stock first .

you may like to read this interesting book first:

Mark Douglas - Trading in the Zone.

Foreword:
......Trading in the Zone is an in-depth look at the challenges that we face when we take up the challenge of
trading. To the novice, the only challenge appears to be to find a way to make money. Once the novice
learns that tips, brokers' advice, and other ways to justify buying or selling do not work consistently, he
discovers that he either needs to develop a reliable trading strategy or purchase one. After that, trading
should be easy, right? All you have to do is follow the rules, and the money will fall into your lap.
At this point, if not before, novices discover that trading can turn into one of the most frustrating
experiences they will ever face.
This experience leads to the oft-started statistic that 95 percent of futures traders lose all of their money
within the first year of trading. Stock traders generally experience the same results, which is why
pundits always point to the fact that most stock traders fail to outperform a simple buy and hold
investment scenario.
So, why do people, the majority of whom are extremely successful in other occupations, fail so
miserably as traders? Are successful traders born and not made? Mark Douglas says no. What's
necessary, he says, is that the individual acquire the trader's mindset. It sounds easy, but the fact is, this
mindset is very foreign when compared with the way our life experiences teach us to think about the
world.
That 95-percent failure rate makes sense when you consider how most of us experience life, using
skills learned as we grow. When it comes to trading, however, it turns out that the skills we learn to
earn high marks in school, advance our careers, and create relationships with other people, the skills we
are taught that should carry us through life, turn out to be inappropriate for trading. Traders, we find
out, must learn to think in terms of probabilities and to surrender all of the skills we have acquired to
achieve in virtually every other aspect of our lives. In Trading in the Zone, Mark Douglas teaches us
how. He has put together a very valuable book. His sources are his own personal experiences as a
trader, a traders coach in Chicago, author, and lecturer in his field of trading psychology.
My recommendation? Enjoy Douglas's Trading in the Zone and, in doing so, develop a trader's
mindset.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by makashava(m): 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
There is every potential in transcorp beyond the present realities.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:12pm On Mar 31, 2017
shessyfavour:

Find 200k, select ten companies that excite you and put 20k in each.
Monitor their share price behaviour each day and keep tuned to this forum and also act out your impulses in the market.
After two months, your trading life will start... grin
You will start knowing what to avoid, how not to follow recommendations, where to source for information.
You might at some stage get so frustrated that you will look for the pictures of all the directors in the companies you invested in, cursing most for not even looking smart and been responsible for share price decline.... grin
You will start to hate the person who introduced you to stocks.
Some nights you may not sleep.
sometimes you may feel so elated that you will buy drinks for all your friends thinking you have arrived just for one bad news to evaporate all your gains in one week... grin grin grin
Sometimes you may blame forces from your fathers house etc etc etc...
You may feel like leaving your job to trade only to be hit hard and drop such thoughts and appreciate your employer..... grin grin grin
In the end, you will agree you know nothing and was just gambling and start genuine learning on how to trade right.
You will gradually improve and make money... grin

MANY HERE WILL GENUINELY HELP YOU..... grin grin grin
NOTE: Without your money at stake, no amount of reading will make sense.... grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2017
DeRuggedProf:

Find 200k, select ten companies that excite you and put 20k in each.
Monitor their share price behaviour each day and keep tuned to this forum and also act out your impulses in the market.
After two months, your trading life will start... grin
You will start knowing what to avoid, how not to follow recommendations, where to source for information.
You might at some stage get so frustrated that you will look for the pictures of all the directors in the companies you invested in, cursing most for not even looking smart and been responsible for share price decline.... grin
You will start to hate the person who introduced you to stocks.
Some nights you may not sleep.
sometimes you may feel so elated that you will buy drinks for all your friends thinking you have arrived just for one bad news to evaporate all your gains in one week... grin grin grin
Sometimes you may blame forces from your fathers house etc etc etc...
You may feel like leaving your job to trade only to be hit hard and drop such thoughts and appreciate your employer..... grin grin grin
In the end, you will agree you know nothing and was just gambling and start genuine learning on how to trade right.
You will gradually improve and make money... grin

MANY HERE WILL GENUINELY HELP YOU..... grin grin grin
NOTE: Without your money at stake, no amount of reading will make sense.... grin grin grin

Gbam.

Best advice so far.

If you want to learn trading, start trading with little money u can afford to loose.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ifeykay(m): 8:19pm On Mar 31, 2017
Please has anyone received the EternaOil 2015 (25k) dividends. I have sent several emails to GTL without any response.

kolaish:
the 25k is even for 2015 accounts.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
ATTITUDE SURVEY (from TRADING IN THE ZONE)
1. To make money as a trader you have to know what the market is going to do next.
Agree Disagree
2. Sometimes I find myself thinking that there must be a way to trade without having to take a loss.
Agree Disagree
3. Making money as a trader is primarily a function of analysis.
Agree Disagree
4. Losses are an unavoidable component of trading.
Agree Disagree
5. My risk is always defined before I enter a trade.
Agree Disagree
6. In my mind there is always a cost associated with finding out what the market may do next.
Agree Disagree
7. I wouldn't even bother putting on the next trade if I wasn't sure that it was going to be a winner.
Agree Disagree
8. The more a trader learns about the markets and how they behave, the easier it will be for him to
execute his trades.
Agree Disagree
9. My methodology tells me exactly under what market conditions to either enter or exit a trade.
Agree Disagree
10. Even when I have a clear signal to reverse my position, I find it extremely difficult to do.
Agree Disagree
11. I have sustained periods of consistent success usually followed by some fairly drastic draw-downs
in my equity.
Agree Disagree
12. When I first started trading I would describe my trading methodology as haphazard, meaning some
success in between a lot of pain.
Agree Disagree
13. I often find myself feeling that the markets are against me personally.
Agree Disagree
14. As much as I might try to "let go," I find it very difficult to put past emotional wounds behind me.
Agree Disagree
15. I have a money management philosophy that is founded in the principle of always taking some
money out of the market when the market makes it available.
Agree Disagree
16. A trader's job is to identify patterns in the markets' behavior that represent an opportunity and then
to determine the risk of finding out if these patterns will play themselves out as they have in the past.
Agree Disagree
17. Sometimes I just can't help feeling that I am a victim of the market.
Agree Disagree
18. When I trade I usually try to stay focused in one time frame.
Agree Disagree
19. Trading successfully requires a degree of mental flexibility far beyond the scope of most people.
Agree Disagree
20. There are times when I can definitely feel the flow of the market; however, I often have difficulty
acting on these feelings.
Agree Disagree
21. There are many times when I am in a profitable trade and I know the move is basically over, but I
still won't take my profits.
Agree Disagree
22. No matter how much money I make in a trade, I am rarely ever satisfied and feel that I could have
made more.
Agree Disagree
23. When I put on a trade, I feel I have a positive attitude. I anticipate all of the money I could make
from the trade in a positive way.
Agree Disagree
24. The most important component in a trader's ability to accumulate money over time is having a
belief in his own consistency.
Agree Disagree
25. If you were granted a wish to be able to instantaneously acquire one trading skill, what skill would
you choose?
26. I often spend sleepless nights worrying about the market.
Agree Disagree
27. Do you ever feel compelled to make a trade because you are afraid that you might miss out?
Yes No
28. Although it doesn't happen veiy often, I really like my trades to be perfect. When I make a perfect
call it feels so good that it makes up for all of the times that I don't.
Agree Disagree
29. Do you ever find yourself planning trades you never execute, and executing trades you never
planned?
Yes No
30. In a few sentences explain why most traders either don't make money or aren't able to keep what
they make.
Set aside your answers as you read through this book. Afte you've finished the last chapter ("Thinking
Like a Trader"wink, take the Attitude Survey again—it s reprinted at the back of the book. You may be
surprised to see how much your answers differ from the first time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 9:31pm On Mar 31, 2017
ifeykay:
Please has anyone received the EternaOil 2015 (25k) dividends. I have sent several emails to GTL without any response.

I received mine in Nov last year, though in tranches just the way I bought. I suggest you visit their registrar.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:50pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 9:52pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 12:13am On Apr 01, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 12:21am On Apr 01, 2017
Intendy:
http://nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/17158_DIAMOND_BANK_PLC-RETIREMENT_OF_ED_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MARCH_2017.pdf

This is ALL I need to hear.
I know what to do next.....
Some things remain more the same, the more they seem to have changed.... undecided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:02am On Apr 01, 2017
Good day my brother' and sister's in the LORD .Happy new month . Please remember today is April fool don't let any one fool you . ONE LOVE .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 4:05am On Apr 01, 2017
Intendy:
http://nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/17158_DIAMOND_BANK_PLC-RETIREMENT_OF_ED_CORPORATE_ACTIONS_MARCH_2017.pdf
Good day sir and happy new month . please try and post all the paymant dates of this stocks .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:28am On Apr 01, 2017
Nothing yet frm oando
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 01, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) ... (7768) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Obinkita(m), chillykelly86(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.