Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10894722 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2268) (2269) (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:23pm On May 10, 2017
based on Q1 report if continue... to Q2,,,me think TOTAL will have no capacity to pay much interim dividend like last year grin grin grin

there is one popular stock that is going to be among one of the best stock.the stock is yet to enjoy current bull move... patient is the key grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 5:31pm On May 10, 2017
currentprice:
based on Q1 report if continue... to Q2,,,me think TOTAL will have no capacity to pay much interim dividend like last year grin grin grin

there is one popular stock that is going to be among one of the best stock.the stock is yet to enjoy current bull move... patient is the key grin grin grin
What is the name of that popular stock sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 5:31pm On May 10, 2017
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:32pm On May 10, 2017
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:32pm On May 10, 2017
woodcook:

Thank you! bros please what is your opinion on the effect of that on the stock price tomorrow; do you think it will impact the current trend positively or not? No vex i be jjc for this market ooh.

Well it depends on the information being passed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 5:44pm On May 10, 2017
BMZK:

I have strong feelings skye bank will wake up any moment from now.

I am having same feeling too... But it's better to wait till next week before striking..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 10, 2017
@currentprice Common dont be greedy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by holm: 5:59pm On May 10, 2017
currentprice:
grin grin

D...........r grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bianco1: 6:02pm On May 10, 2017
Great forum! cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 6:02pm On May 10, 2017
PETERiCHY:
APC will definitely overtake PDP.

What is going on in the market generally is a PARADIGM SHIFT.

*ThE OcToPuS*

A Bill for an Act to repeal and re-enact the Oil and Gas Free Zone Authority Act passed second reading at the House of Representatives on Wednesday.

The bill, which was sponsored by Rep. Emmanuel Orker-Jev and four other legislators, seeks to liberalise oil and gas free zone and make the authority more responsive to its mandate.

Leading the debate, Orker-Jev said Onne/Ikpokiri in Rivers was currently the only Oil and Gas Free Zone by the provisions of the existing Act and the powers of the President.

According to Orker-Jev, the bill seeks to liberalise the zones and provide for the establishment and designation of oil free zones and sub-zones in the country.

According to him, going by the current trends, there is need to maximise the benefit of the oil and gas free zones and ensure inclusion of local content.

The lawmaker said the amendment would help to account for all oil and gas business transactions in the country.

On his part, Rep. Sylvester Ogbaga (Ebonyi-PDP) said the oil and gas free zone in the country was considered the best in Africa.

He said that when the bill was passed, it will reduce the challenges facing the zone and stem the continuous loss of revenue in the sector.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/bill-liberalise-oil-gas-free-zone-passes-second-reading/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:09pm On May 10, 2017
Coolcash1:

@Tritri get over it and move on...Because that is what I have done...Lamentation is not the solution...Position yourself and re-enter the good ones again e.g Zenith...After selling my entire unit at a loss, I re-entered at N16.18 again and now its doing fine...So, bros stop wailing (pardon me for using this word grin) and move on....

We are making money this year...Even the chief pessimist peterichy has swallowed his useless words and demonic prophecies about the market and now quietly increasing his portfolio grin
Peterichy, dont have any money to invest in stock now . 95% of her money is in TB and 3% in dollars why 2% is in transcorp all she can do now is talking .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:14pm On May 10, 2017
woodcook:
Please I came across a gist about Oando going to NSE tomorrow, any has an idea what it's all about? I will appreciate an info on that.

Thanks in advance.
Sir Intendy has said it . And after that come see bull's ten father's .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 6:15pm On May 10, 2017
When 95% of the stocks in your portfolio suddenly turned green.

Your head lights-up with all sorts of calculations.
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:27pm On May 10, 2017
chunkuli:
oga pluto, thanx for fidson. finally exited today. abeg where do we go from here?

I looked at some companies results last weekend and I was very much impressed with four particular stocks.
Made up my mind to start burying those stocks when cash is available and if they are still trading within my entry ranges.
With the bull in full force however,I am just feeling dizzy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:35pm On May 10, 2017
holm:

@Pluto,

What's your take on the rumour arround the take-over of the evansmed plc by Fidson?

Coming from sir intendy who is known to be very close to the market,I very much believe it to be true.
However, if you are in fidson I will advise you follow you own strategy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 10, 2017
locodemy:
Some of us who this bull caught unaware has started eyeing the moribound stocks.
Make una be very careful.Better for you to buy my fcmb at 1.50 and sell at 2.00 than to buy skye bank,cileasing,japaul & co and get your fingers burnt.
Bia bia loco please remove cileasing from that list biko. i saw it @3,in my dream last night.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:41pm On May 10, 2017
Intendy:
stocks with new 52 week lows
champion brewery #2.02k
Ag leventis #0.69k
Jaiz bank #1.00k
stocks with new 52 week highs
oando #9.57k
eterna #3.79k
Uba #6.97k
beta glass #48.29k
C & I #0.76k
access bank #7.33k
gtb #28.15k
contisure #1.30k

Thank GOD O . Sir Intendy welldone .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leo1234(m): 6:45pm On May 10, 2017
pluto09:

I looked at some companies results last weekend and I was very much impressed with four particular stocks.
Made up my mind to start burying those stocks when cash is available and if they are still trading within my entry ranges.

Oga mention the stocks.
Some of us don't know how to interpret results.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:47pm On May 10, 2017
Princkez:
Were are those guys waiting 4 FBNH at KM 2.80k...rem my words ,,,FBNH will suprise d market (dey were asking 4 FACTS,now d FACTS are here) grin grin grin
That was locodemy&co
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 6:55pm On May 10, 2017
2zona:
My candid advise at this sudden appearance of hydra headed bull is: be certain that its not gonna remain for ever. now the question is when will the bears take over Nobody knows when. So I feel a good strategy at this time is to sell batch by batch and watch the market to see if the bull remains longer than expected. If the bull continues, fine, but if not, you may have sold half of your portfolio with available cash standing by to buy back when the trend reverses which by the way will be as or more dramatic as the bull run. More over, CASH is king for brothers who are presently out of the market. Goodluck BNSTL
And who are you? .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 7:17pm On May 10, 2017
ihedioramma:
Thank GOD O . Sir Intendy welldone .
why, has fbnh attained that status? '52weeks high'

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 8:38pm On May 10, 2017
After the bulls, come the bears.

Always remember that greed is man's greatest enemy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 9:16pm On May 10, 2017
The market seems to have left some stocks behind. If I find myself in such equity, my emotions may run high, but once your rule are broken, sorry one just need to part ways with the stock. I bought WAPCO recently, barely 2 weeks ago to be precise. Price bought including commission was NGN52.90, finally as regards whether to sell or not, to my ultimate surprise, the current closing price is just siting on the 50% Fibonacci retracement.

With this my mind is super made up to exit this loss making stock from my current holdings.
Also I have set my take profit exit for some other equities as follows:
Newrest Airservice- 4.08- This luck has ran enough. FBNH can replace this comfortably.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chunkuli: 11:04pm On May 10, 2017
pls share some of the good ones, we are still bsitl
pluto09:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 1:01am On May 11, 2017
Princkez:
Were are those guys waiting 4 FBNH at KM 2.80k...rem my words ,,,FBNH will suprise d market (dey were asking 4 FACTS,now d FACTS are here) grin grin grin

Bros, though FBNH makes up over 50% of my portfolio, this is classic monkey hunting.
There is a market-wide bull. You need to give reasons for your projections, else you're projecting yourself.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 3:37am On May 11, 2017
Pls advice, I got from the news yesterday night that from september 2017 most shareholders not registered with cscs or e-dividend will have to forfeit their shares
I have so many share certificates, most were bought for me by family members and are usually in their minimum units but when you look at the process for dematerilization and edividend registeration,It is really not worth it with all the affidavict,indemnity and fuel that u waste running about....Is there no way to reduce the cost of all this paper work especially for those that purchased minimum units back then.....This day I just feel it would have been better for my popsi to have bought beer for his guys instead of buying stock back then....Imagine, I still get Afribank, intercontinental, transcorp,abc certificate
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 4:51am On May 11, 2017
Like DANGFLOUR like TRANSCORP.

Like FIDSON like FIDELITY.

The GUNS are YOURS.

*ThE OcToPuS*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 6:20am On May 11, 2017
chunkuli:
pls share some of the good ones, we are still bsitl

They have all been mentioned at a point by members on this forum.
Ashaka cement which I later found out might be delisted from NSE anytime from now. Hence I have removed it from the list.
Others are;
CCNN
Presco and
Okomu.
And just like somebody observed, price appreciation on these stocks might be slow but they represent great value at the current price in my own opinion.
We must also put it at the back of our mind that these type of stocks might not give the best returns in a bullish market.

And lastly,everyone should do his own dd as this is not a recommendation to buy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by WorldAmbassador: 6:53am On May 11, 2017
maishai:
Pls advice, I got from the news yesterday night that from september 2017 most shareholders not registered with cscs or e-dividend will have to forfeit their shares
I have so many share certificates, most were bought for me by family members and are usually in their minimum units but when you look at the process for dematerilization and edividend registeration,It is really not worth it with all the affidavict,indemnity and fuel that u waste running about....Is there no way to reduce the cost of all this paper work especially for those that purchased minimum units back then.....This day I just feel it would have been better for my popsi to have bought beer for his guys instead of buying stock back then....Imagine, I still get Afribank, intercontinental, transcorp,abc certificate

I don't think there is a law that states you will forfeit your Shares/ownership if you fail to register for edividend. To minimize costs what I did was go to the Registrar's website, download the edividend forms, fill them out and have them endorsed by my bank, then I posted it to the Registrar's address with a copy of my driver's license. I followed up with the Registrar's by email in 2 weeks. You can always dematerialize later when you have more funds available. I believe that you cannot sell your shares unless you dematerialize, but you can still get edividend credited to your bank account even if you have a Share Certificate. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 7:14am On May 11, 2017
chillykelly86:

Bros, though FBNH makes up over 50% of my portfolio, this is classic monkey hunting.
There is a market-wide bull. You need to give reasons for your projections, else you're projecting yourself.
i hav been doing alot of reserch on dis company and found out its not a short term stock but long which im prepared to wait...d only sin dis company committed is trying to clean up thier books,in d banking industry their gross earnings is d highest also their assets,if not for all d write off imagine wat their PAT could hav looked like also at d last conference call the MD stated there is going 2 be a write bak dis year also som of d loans earlier classified as NPL will start peforming b4 d end of 2017.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:27am On May 11, 2017
pluto09:

They have all been mentioned at a point by members on this forum.
Ashaka cement which I later found out might be delisted from NSE anytime from now. Hence I have removed it from the list.
Others are;
CCNN
Presco and
Okomu.
And just like somebody observed, price appreciation on these stocks might be slow but they represent great value at the current price in my own opinion.
We must also put it at the back of our mind that these type of stocks might not give the best returns in a bullish market.

And lastly,everyone should do his own dd as this is not a recommendation to buy.

This is why I was sceptical about Ashaka cement, i was expecting immediate delisting after their movement to Larafage last year.

But the company is suddenly experiencing a bullish run.

Some Wolfs of NSE are simply dumping weak/dead company on investors

(1) (2) (3) ... (2268) (2269) (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.