Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,956 members, 7,848,884 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:32 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (2578) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11021356 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2575) (2576) (2577) (2578) (2579) (2580) (2581) ... (7800) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:09am On Aug 31, 2017
735i:
A brewer is brewing something

Other than beer?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 10:14am On Aug 31, 2017
Manonamission:

Other than beer?? cheesy

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 10:15am On Aug 31, 2017
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 10:18am On Aug 31, 2017
davide470:
https://game.meritrade.com/

Anyone seen this?

Yeah. Should be fun but prize money is bearish
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zhirinovsky: 10:25am On Aug 31, 2017
morgan have started this morning
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2zona(m): 10:30am On Aug 31, 2017
Zhirinovsky:
morgan have started this morning

I dont think its from morgan this time, seems the glitch is from the NSE XGEN.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 735i(m): 10:30am On Aug 31, 2017
Manonamission:

Other than beer?? cheesy

Yea... something interesting and original
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zhirinovsky: 10:33am On Aug 31, 2017
After watching 'Money Monster" I get nervous when I hear the word "glitch" shocked
thanks Boss
2zona:

I dont think its from morgan this time, seems the glitch is from the NSE XGEN.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GraceThomas4487: 10:40am On Aug 31, 2017
NSE is down. Nigeria is not ready to move their business using technology..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2017
GraceThomas4487:

Just for today's downtime and you are already screaming that Nigeria is not ready to progress using technology. The way and manner we batter our self shaaa.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2zona(m): 10:47am On Aug 31, 2017
Zhirinovsky:
After watching 'Money Monster" I get nervous when I hear the word "glitch" shocked
thanks Boss

Hahaahaahaa, ok i retract the term glitch, lets say, downtime or temporarily out of service.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 10:48am On Aug 31, 2017
I disagree. Nigeria really has tried. How many glitch or downtime do we have in a year?
GraceThomas4487:

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GraceThomas4487: 10:49am On Aug 31, 2017
mendes911:

Just for today's downtime and you are already screaming that Nigeria is not ready to progress using technology. The way and manner we batter our self shaaa.

I don't expect more from someone use to old mentality of work. 1 min downtime is unacceptable. When last did you hear of downtime from the NYSE? And Also, today is not their first time this year. Its their 5th time for general downtime and 7th for FIX downtime.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GraceThomas4487: 10:58am On Aug 31, 2017
rebekah2011:
I disagree. Nigeria really has tried. How many glitch or downtime do we have in a year?

This is the 7th time for FIX downtime oga....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 11:02am On Aug 31, 2017
Noted. Thanks
GraceThomas4487:

This is the 7th time for FIX downtime oga....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zhirinovsky: 11:03am On Aug 31, 2017
Lol...that's better
2zona:

Hahaahaahaa, ok i retract the term glitch, lets say, downtime or temporarily out of service.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:12am On Aug 31, 2017
FBN
- red flag on the monthly
- 2 consecutive monthly lower opening and likely closing (today is month end)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 11:16am On Aug 31, 2017
GraceThomas4487:

I don't expect more from someone use to old mentality of work. 1 min downtime is unacceptable. When last did you hear of downtime from the NYSE ? And Also, today is not their first time this year. Its their 5th time for general downtime and 7th for FIX downtime.

Not attempting to make excuses for failure but ......errrm

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nyse-arca-outage-affects-150-billion-in-etfs-2017-03-20

http://www.pulse.ng/bi/finance/finance-the-new-york-stock-exchange-just-had-a-trading-snafu-id6400624.html

There are a few more bro.....these things happen (glitch, downtime, outage, data error)

PS: We are way behind though

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 11:27am On Aug 31, 2017
Manonamission:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nyse-arca-outage-affects-150-billion-in-etfs-2017-03-20

http://www.pulse.ng/bi/finance/finance-the-new-york-stock-exchange-just-had-a-trading-snafu-id6400624.html

There are a few more bro.....these things happen (glitch, downtime, outage, data error)

Market has gone on early sallah holiday in annoyance to the bleeding witnessed yesterday grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 11:28am On Aug 31, 2017
Key Highlights From Access Bank H1 2017 Conference Call & Earnings Presentation
https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/08/31/key-highlights-access-bank-h1-2017-conference-call-earnings-presentation/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 11:30am On Aug 31, 2017
kolaish:
Market has gone on early sallah holiday in annoyance to the bleeding witnessed yesterday grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 11:33am On Aug 31, 2017
kolaish:

Not sure, I think today should be half-day (12:30pm early closure) like we always have on days preceding major festive holidays.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 11:35am On Aug 31, 2017
Dang Flour
- monthly bullish but daily PB still bearish , may likely retest below N6 for support
- 50DMA is N5.66
- my itchy fingers re-entered to early !

#MonthEndAnalysis
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 11:35am On Aug 31, 2017
kolaish:

my oga u took it out of my mouth

mayb the NSE mgt use that to let the market take a breather so that the bear does not knock it out

u know how some referee in boxing match sometime help a thoroughly beaten boxer to prolong or avoid hitting the canvas

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:47am On Aug 31, 2017
GraceThomas4487:

I don't expect more from someone use to old mentality of work. 1 min downtime is unacceptable. When last did you hear of downtime from the NYSE? And Also, today is not their first time this year. Its their 5th time for general downtime and 7th for FIX downtime.

And for someone that has all the youthful age of mentality to equate downtime of NSE as an attestation that Nigeria is not yet ready to embrace technology, that's appalling.

My Oga, if this is your definition of "young" mentality of work, I can only imagine how old you might be.

NYSE had a glitch earlier this year that was a source of distortion to closing price of commodities. I should also take it that the US is not ready to embrace technology.

And before you ever start arguing with someone, endeavor to understand the bone of contention.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 11:55am On Aug 31, 2017
Manonamission:

The crux of the matter (as per his statement) is his blanket (ignorant) statement that Nigeria is not ready to embrace technology. Probably because he has a cellphone and internet connectivity, he believes he has embraced technology and Nigeria is yet to.

#YeyeDeySmell.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GraceThomas4487: 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2017
mendes911:

And for someone that has all the youthful age of mentality to equate downtime of NSE as an attestation that Nigeria is not yet ready to embrace technology, that's appalling.

My Oga, if this is your definition of "young" mentality of work, I can only imagine how old you might be.

NYSE had a glitch earlier this year that was a source of distortion to closing price of commodities. I should also take it that the US is not ready to embrace technology.

And before you ever start arguing with someone, endeavor to understand the bone of contention.

You waited 100 days for Buhari, you can still wait till next month for NSE to restore their service..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2017
GraceThomas4487:

You waited 100 days for Buhari, you can still wait till next month for NSE to restore their service..

It's little boys like you that were waiting for Buhari. Get busy with your life and you will have no time to wait for nobody.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Manonamission: 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
Happy birthday Mr Warren Buffet. He is 87yrs old today and still flourishing in the market. I can't wish anyone less....making more money than we ever did in our youth as we age. cool

Edit: It was yesterday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
fxuser:
Dang Flour
- monthly bullish but daily PB still bearish , may likely retest below N6 for support
- 50DMA is N5.66
- my itchy fingers re-entered to early !

#MonthEndAnalysis

- Am hoping November bear like last year can do the real damage this year

- How do you solve this itchy finger problem?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
GraceThomas4487:

Nothing had to wait for Buhari. There was an Acting President with full powers, and he ran the country well. You are disrespecting the VP with this kind of talk.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nio68(m): 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2017
It takes a lot of things to prove you are smart, but only one thing to prove you are ignorant.. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2575) (2576) (2577) (2578) (2579) (2580) (2581) ... (7800) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ndept, olujaidi, Streetinvestor2, Princkez, edwardaigb, mikeapollo, kalkah and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.